test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance (April 25, 2014) [Complete!]

Comments

• heckheck2heckheck2 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~LaughingTrendy
  • bemlegabemlega Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I'm sure the staff would love to get up at 2 in the morning just to do their patching so that you can not be bothered by 2 hours of downtime. :rolleyes:

Even better, Cryptic should just move to London so that you will be inconvenienced less.

Or even better than that, we EUs should pi^Wwander off and find some MMO that doesn't constantly spits us in the face.
  • alteri1alteri1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    heckheck2 wrote: »
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~LaughingTrendy

People like you deserve to be banned.
  • bemlegabemlega Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Really the only thing that's more pathetic than Craptics performance is their lowlife fanboys endurance to dwell in delight for having the priviledge to bootlick the greatest software company there is, was and ever will be....
  • edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    johngazman wrote: »
    Not really.

Then you should be playing a completely different game for the past 2 years.
  • tickletopstickletops Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I'm sure the staff would love to get up at 2 in the morning just to do their patching so that you can not be bothered by 2 hours of downtime. :rolleyes:

Even better, Cryptic should just move to London so that you will be inconvenienced less.

Of course they should, even better they should move 100 metres from my front door in France so i can shout out the window to complain everytime i get popped in pvp :D

seriously though, some people can opnly play at certain times of the day, if they can only play 12-6pm gmt, then regular downtime (as everyday fixes) hurt/bother those players unfairly. So spreading the load by varying downtimes is just a suggestion.
    edited April 2014
  • johnthomas00johnthomas00 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Hey this time of the day sucks for me to and I am EST. I am disabled and am a stay at home dad. We have 4 young kids so I play during the day so the morning maintence time here kills my dith/fleet mark grind times :P. But I'd rather them fix the bugs... now if they would only find out how to squash the hourly rep project not working bug that'd be great (notice I said figure out how I know they are working on it :P).
  • johnthomas00johnthomas00 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    sto sucks rips people off do wat money have my free acct pm detales

Then do us a favor.. go bother someone else.
    edited April 2014
    edited April 2014
    edited April 2014
    Oh god his still complaining? On another note, free bacon to all.
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Don't feed the trolls. The best you can do is to completely ignore them. They will get bored VERY quickly.
  • mexbmexb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    bemlega wrote: »
    Or even better than that, we EUs should pi^Wwander off and find some MMO that doesn't constantly spits us in the face.

Any suggestions?
  • druhindruhin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    You caught us on a week of a season release.. it's not normally like this.

More accurately:

It's normally like this, when there's a major patch such as a Season or Expansion release. I don't think Cryptic has succeeded in launching a single Season, without it being followed by Extended maintenance, or Unscheduled maintenance etc.
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Then you should be playing a completely different game for the past 2 years.
    Really the only thing that's more pathetic than Craptics performance is their lowlife fanboys endurance to dwell in delight for having the priviledge to bootlick the greatest software company there is, was and ever will be....

"Cryptic is fixing a game bug on my time?! UNACCEPTABLE"

All games have bugs, and some of them in some games may never, ever be fixed. If you can't handle that fact, then you probably need to rethink gaming as a hobby altogether.

Frankly, this is nothing to get riled up and bitter about. If you don't like it, don't play. Simple as.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
    edited April 2014

All games have bugs, and some of them in some games may never, ever be fixed. If you can't handle that fact, then you probably need to rethink gaming as a hobby altogether.

Frankly, this is nothing to get riled up and bitter about. If you don't like it, don't play. Simple as.

Bug Fixes? THIS IS NOT WHAT I WAS PROMISED //insert generic entitlement complaints
  • darpinkdarpink Member Posts: 341 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Wow seriously? And I thought I was bad about bashing Cryptic/PW. You guys actually do a really good job, some of us just get a little too bent out of shape.........but this heckheck2 guy needs to be put in his place.

I vote ~~~~> Ban him!! :D
  • precharprechar Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Hey now thats enough! You leave our Trendy alone if you can't be civil when you complain you deserve a BanHammer Trendy is only doing her job and I for one think she does an Amazing job dealing with all the drama us Trekkies give Cryptic she is interactive humorous and very patient for the most part she is a COMMUNITY Manager not a coder or Developer!

She sees our concerns and even shares them and can only bring those concerns to Cryptics Devs attention some of you people think she is responsible for All the bad that goes on in STO this simply is not the case I'm afraid.

She does an Amazing job and we should all be GRATEFUL to have her and SMIRK fighting in our corner!!!!
    It's your world Boss I'm just a squirrel trying to get a nut!
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Who dares threaten the Bacon Queen? BURN THEM.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • nyx219nyx219 Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Every time someone complains about downtime when a fix is being implemented, the attitudes remind me of this:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIZbGSXeWWE

We all can admit that at least this isn't the epic disaster LoR was upon release. Or do we miss that lengthy downtime & those god forsaken log-in queues? :eek:
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    lan451 wrote: »
    Who dares threaten the Bacon Queen? FRY THEM.

Fixed that for you.
    nyx219 wrote: »
    We all can admit that at least this isn't the epic disaster LoR was upon release. Or do we miss that lengthy downtime & those god forsaken log-in queues? :eek:

I don't recall having many problems with LoR. Now, the third anniversary; One mission and one new ship caused a server crash and queues into the hundreds of thousands. That was bad.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
    edited April 2014
    Fixed that for you.
    Make it extra crispy please! :)
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Fixed that for you.

I approve of that fix!
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
    edited April 2014
    Just a quick question, when is cryptic fixxing the bug preventing us to buy bacon from the Zen store?

On a more serious note, im kinda getting a bit peeved when my ship hits part of the scenery, and it takes me about half an hour to get it back out because of it clipping in to the scenery, any news on this ever being fixxed?
  • tickletopstickletops Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    alteri1 wrote: »
    Just a quick question, when is cryptic fixxing the bug preventing us to buy bacon from the Zen store?

On a more serious note, im kinda getting a bit peeved when my ship hits part of the scenery, and it takes me about half an hour to get it back out because of it clipping in to the scenery, any news on this ever being fixxed?

1) NEVER - not until they debug the frying pan :eek:
    2) NEVER - the next time your carrier gets stuck in one of the new Undine missions, remind yourself to bring something smaller next time :D
    edited April 2014
    alteri1 wrote: »

I'd prefer that they put the bacon in the Dilithium store! That way I don't have to convert my Dil to Zen!

I've not heard anything about a fix for the clipping issues, but it is a bit annoying!
    edited April 2014
    tickletops wrote: »
    1) NEVER - not until they debug the frying pan :eek:
    2) NEVER - the next time your carrier gets stuck in one of the new Undine missions, remind yourself to bring something smaller next time :D

Last time i got stuck was during the breech(elite) got stuck on part of the hull when the right wing on my scimitar clipped a pylon that you can see hanging fown from the hull on the first stage , was stuck there till the next part started XD
  • ussprometheus79ussprometheus79 Member Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Well I never saw the drama, but there is no need for the voracity of some of the complaints and the way they are put forward. :confused:

P.S. Bacon rules...
    If you've come to the forums to complain about the AFK system, it's known to be bugged at the moment.
  • pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    All of this talk of Bacon in the stores. Frankly I think bacon should be a freedom to be enjoyed. I would never want to restrict someone's ability to have it.

Also this entire time I wanted a picture of me with a pink fuzzy hammer. Now I just want a picture of me with a frying pan instead :P
This discussion has been closed.