test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Scheduled Maintenance (April 25, 2014) [Complete!]

pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
edited April 2014 in Galactic News Network [PC]
Hi Captains,

We will be bringing down Star Trek Online tomorrow, Friday April 25th, at 7AM PDT (click here to view in your timezone) for maintenance to apply a new patch. Patch notes can be found here, and we expect this maintenance to last for 2 hours. The test server, launcher and access to manage your account may also be unavailable during some portions of the maintenance.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Trait fix...trait fix...trait fix...trait fix...trait fix...

...thank you.
  • Options
    drtassadardrtassadar Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Some people may complain about the numerous bugs or whatever, but I for one appreciate the attention you folks paying to the state of the game.
    "That was not Mozart laughing, Father... that was God. That was God laughing at me, through that... through that obscene giggle."
  • Options
    ussprometheus79ussprometheus79 Member Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Trendy, any word on a possible fix for the FPS problems? ☺
    If you've come to the forums to complain about the AFK system, it's known to be bugged at the moment.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Trendy, any word on a possible fix for the FPS problems? ☺
    So, in regards to some of the FPS problems players have been having.

Try typing in "/renderscale 1"

If that doesn't work, I do suggest going around and working with your graphics settings. I'm still looking into alternatives.
  • Options
    ussprometheus79ussprometheus79 Member Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    There's a thread in the graphics subforum about this. Been there, done that and got the tshirt if not more.

Hopefully all will come good, but the reported issues came in with S9.
    If you've come to the forums to complain about the AFK system, it's known to be bugged at the moment.
  • Options
    trek21trek21 Member Posts: 2,246 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    When it says gameplay crashes, I assume that doesn't mean the 'Legacy of Romulus crashs to desktop' one (at least yet)?
    Was named Trek17.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh', if only due to personal standards.
  • Options
    saeynsaeyn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Thanks for fixing the problems with Saurian, Trill, Bajoran, Ferengi, Klingon, Gorn, Lethean, Orion, Pakled, Rigelian, and Caitian toons. I appreciate the response.

Out of curiosity, what happened? Couple of bad lines of code that got copied into those races? It's quite a list, and they don't seem to have much in common.
    Either way, thanks.
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Hi Captains,

We will be bringing down Star Trek Online tomorrow, Friday April 25th, at 7AM PDT (click here to view in your timezone) for maintenance to apply a new patch. Patch notes can be found here, and we expect this maintenance to last for 2 hours. The test server, launcher and access to manage your account may also be unavailable during some portions of the maintenance.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team

Thank you guys very much. My Bajoran was affected by this. But......will this fix the missing reputation traits also? My Bajoran has tier 5 in all 4 older reps but not a single rep trait available since the game says his skills are invalid and he needs to respec.
  • Options
    darpinkdarpink Member Posts: 341 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    So, in regards to some of the FPS problems players have been having.

Try typing in "/renderscale 1"

If that doesn't work, I do suggest going around and working with your graphics settings. I'm still looking into alternatives.
    Wow! Thanks for the invalid skills fix!!
    Thanks for the FPS hint! Too! :)
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I'm glad to see these fixes. I'm also glad I didn't log on yet. As this allows fixes and less I have to deal with on errors once I do get on.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    cpc2011acpc2011a Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Awesome work getting these bugs hammered out Dev folk. Just a heads up in case hasn't been mentioned before.... I have a Reman with the Resiliant (non-removable), Soldier (non-removable) and Superior Soldier traits. Compared with my other Reman which appears normal and only has Superior Soldier. Like I said, just letting you know.

Keep up the bug squashing...oh there goes one now!! lol
  • Options
    mrlizardomrlizardo Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Resolved an issue which was causing numerous races to require a respec and then block the ability to respec.

The races this occurred to were: Saurian, Trill, Bajoran, Ferengi, Klingon, Gorn, Lethean, Orion, Pakled, Rigelian, and Caitian.

Resolved an issue where numerous races were not granted all of their species traits.

The races this occurred to were: Saurian, Trill, Bajoran, Ferengi, Klingon, Gorn, Lethean, Orion, Pakled, Rigelian, and Caitian.

I suspect the stinky human supremacists were at work behind this! The PLOTZ thickens!
    sarkasmo_by_spacepope13-d9rcbjs.jpg

"You seem to have gotten some of your blood in my raktajino. This is unfortunate."
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    mrlizardo wrote: »
    I suspect the stinky human supremacists were at work behind this! The PLOTZ thickens!
    As a fellow Ferengi, this worries me...
  • Options
    gofasternowgofasternow Member Posts: 1,390 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Huh. And I ended up buying a Respec Token.

...maybe I should toss it over to my Human Tac. I never got around to balancing him and he really needs it.
  • Options
    rajathomasrajathomas Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I have a few char that cannot trade in fleet kits, the trade tab is not even there. Any plans on fixing that? Maybe it's also species related, hoping it's fixed tomorrow.
    izf25xI.jpg
  • Options
    l30p4rdl30p4rd Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Any chance we can have the next few days of patches NOT in the middle of European afternoon ?
  • Options
    kargandarrkargandarr Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Any idea when telekenetic trait will be fixed? I log in and pull up my science toon and this bug tried to make me take telepathic instead. This toon has had telekenetic from the time that I created him. I would like to be able to reslot this trait on this toon as soon as possible.
  • Options
    razar2380razar2380 Member Posts: 1,186 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Though I am having issues with SNR, I must say that this was by far the best season launch since I have started playing in July, 2013. Aside from some decisions that are not popular with a LOT of players, I say nice work, and AWESOME job. Plus, this is some really fast responses to the issues from the season launch.
    Leader of Elite Guardian Academy.Would you like to learn how to run a fleet? Would you like to know how to do ship builds (true budget as well as high end)?The join the Academy today!
  • Options
    chuckwolfchuckwolf Member Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Still nothing in the fixes, or known issues about the Joystick/controller issues.
    @Powerblast in game
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2014
    I called it, about the daily patches. At least the servers have behaved this time around. I remember bad past releases with servers down and "server stability patches" going in all the time.
  • Options
    tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited April 2014
    Just FYI, /renderscale 1 won't help with FPS (unless you happen to be running higher than 1, which you shouldn't), but will help with graphics that look blocky/pixelated.
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    tacofangs wrote: »
    Just FYI, /renderscale 1 won't help with FPS (unless you happen to be running higher than 1, which you shouldn't), but will help with graphics that look blocky/pixelated.
    Alright, so if it doesn't help, it doesn't hinder either (with /renderscale 1 in effect)? :)

P.S chuckwolf, they are at least aware of that issue: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=16566611#post16566611
    Was named Trek17.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh', if only due to personal standards.
  • Options
    rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    razar2380 wrote: »
    Plus, this is some really fast responses to the issues from the season launch.

And if they fixed the appallingly anti-canon decision to put player controlled bioships in the game I'd be a much happier camper.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    rinkster wrote: »
    And if they fixed the appallingly anti-canon decision to put player controlled bioships in the game I'd be a much happier camper.
    Gameplay and story segregation isn't that uncommon in games (in this case, the story goes on as if we're model faction ship flyers, where gameplay-wise our ship choices can be all over the place). It's usually done for flexibility and fun purposes

besides, an all-canon-all-the-time STO probably wouldn't appeal as much to the masses imo
    Was named Trek17.

• Options
    chuckwolfchuckwolf Member Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    trek21 wrote: »
    Alright, so if it doesn't help, it doesn't hinder either (with /renderscale 1 in effect)? :)

P.S chuckwolf, they are at least aware of that issue: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=16566611#post16566611

I know they are aware of it, was just hoping to see something in the patch notes about it, hopefully about it being fixed.

Some of us use controllers for a reason, after "trying" to fly my ship in some simple PvE content my left hand hurt like heck (arthritis I guess) from trying to fly with WASD. Cudos to those that can do it that way. I just can't because it's too painful. What I get for being old.
    @Powerblast in game
  • Options
    jnohdjnohd Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Hmm... could I use /renderscale as a way of testing my rig for 4k performance by setting it higher than 1? If so, how does it scale? Would 4k on a 1920x1080 monitor be /renderscale 4?
    Wampaq@Jnoh, Fleet Leader: ..Bloodbath and Beyond [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] 'Iw HaH je Hoch!
    ALL HOLDINGS FINISHED! - Starbase 5-5-5-5 || Embassy 3-3-3 || Mine 3-3-3 || Spire 3-3-3
    A laid back KDF fleet welcoming independent, casual, & part-time players and groups. Roms & alts welcome.
    Send in-game mail to Wampaq@Jnoh, visit our recruitment thread and FB page for more info.
  • Options
    somebobsomebob Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    jnohd wrote: »
    Hmm... could I use /renderscale as a way of testing my rig for 4k performance by setting it higher than 1? If so, how does it scale? Would 4k on a 1920x1080 monitor be /renderscale 4?

Unless you want to see your Cryptic game crash, don't go above /renderscale 2 (although yes, some cards can handle above this without blowing up the client). What it does is basically a VERY poor man's anti-aliasing (absolutely NOT efficiently even in the slightest).

/renderscale 1 makes the game display at whatever resolution you've selected.

/renderscale 2 doubles the render and displays it at whatever resolution you've selected (so your 1920x1080 means that it's rendering at 3840x2160, and then scaling the image back to fit your monitor). As said again, it's basically anti-aliasing, but doing it natively via your graphic card via the AA selector is by far the way to go.

That said... /renderscale 2 is a FANTASTIC way to get uber-high resolution screenshots, as hitting PrntScrn during /renderscale 2 means that it'll save a screenshot at that doubled resolution.

One last thing - /renderscale will go back to the max default of 1 (unless you have the actual slider less than that in the options) if you do happen to crash STO...so you can experiment. If you dare.

EDIT: This works on all of Cryptic's titles, so give it a whirl and see what you can see.
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited April 2014
    trek21 wrote: »

Well yes/no. Renderscale 1 is what we expect people to run at. But if you're having terrible frame rate issues, running at renderscale .75, or .5 will definitely improve framerate. It's the same as setting your resolution lower in the settings.
    jnohd wrote: »

Maybe.

Renderscale is literally a multiplyer on your screen's dimensions (as set in your video settings).

A 1680x1050 screen running at renderscale 1 will be 1680x1050.
    At renderscale 2 it'll be 3360x2100.
    At renderscale .5 it'll be 840x525.
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Well yes/no. Renderscale 1 is what we expect people to run at. But if you're having terrible frame rate issues, running at renderscale .75, or .5 will definitely improve framerate. It's the same as setting your resolution lower in the settings.

Maybe.

Renderscale is literally a multiplyer on your screen's dimensions (as set in your video settings).

A 1680x1050 screen running at renderscale 1 will be 1680x1050.
    At renderscale 2 it'll be 3360x2100.
    At renderscale .5 it'll be 840x525.
    Well, was worth a try XD

And didn't even now it could use .75 :P Once, by accident, I typed .4 in place of .5, and it merely said 'Unknown Command'... guess it just has the basics lol
    Was named Trek17.

• Options
    otowiotowi Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    l30p4rd wrote: »
    Any chance we can have the next few days of patches NOT in the middle of European afternoon ?

I agree that it sucks, but that is the time when the least ammount of players are online.

But I agree that the quick bugfixing by the devs are good, as others have mentioned.
This discussion has been closed.