test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Secondary deflectors when???

kyeto13kyeto13 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
I was under the impression that the secondary deflectors are coming with Season 9. Yet I have not seen any dev blogs announcing this. Is this still the plan? Is there going to be a dev blog officially announcing the different types/benefits? Or are we just going to start picking them up at S9 launch? Or was there some type of delay in launching this gear?
Live on Earth. Work in Space. Play with Dragons. Join the best add on to STO, the Neverwinter holodeck program! Only 14 GPL a month.
Post edited by kyeto13 on

Comments

• Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    You may be victim to a general misconception:

A season is not a one day update... It stretches from the day the first major Season patch is released, untill the next...

Technically, all updated right now are Season 8 updates.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2014
    At this point, I'm guessing it will be June/July before we see the 2nd deflectors which sucks. I don't expect them to release them without some other major update coming into the game.
  • Options
    hunteralpha84hunteralpha84 Member Posts: 524 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Are secondary deflectors really going to be that good?
  • Options
    edited April 2014

I've been salivating over the Solanae one for months.....
  • Options
    edited April 2014

Well it's basically sort of a + value to several Starship stats, for sci ships only... They will become even more OP than they already are.
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
  • Options
    coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I reckon they are still a good few months away. I mean the KDF Raider flanking mechanic is only just being added, and that was first revealed around last November.
  • Options
    peetapipmacpeetapipmac Member Posts: 2,131 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    coupaholic wrote: »
    I reckon they are still a good few months away. I mean the KDF Raider flanking mechanic is only just being added, and that was first revealed around last November.

Yeah and that didn't require them to create a whole new item set like the deflectors will.

Don't hold your breath people.:P
    It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Yeah and that didn't require them to create a whole new item set like the deflectors will.

Well they don't really need to create new sets to implement static secondary deflectors.
  • Options
    chiyoumikuchiyoumiku Member Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Patience. Seriously. It will come when it comes.
    Sekhmet_Banner.jpg
    Defending The Galaxy By Breaking One Starfleet Regulation After The Next.
  • Options
    kitsunesnoutkitsunesnout Member Posts: 1,210 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Don't believe they really needed to create new item set for this, should have just simply allowed us to install a second deflector of any existing kind in game. Thus science vessels can gain extra set bonus powers, and they'd still not be overpowered. Science vessels could have used that help, although with sensor analysis change coming, at least that helps makes up for the fact seconday deflectors will be less than noticeable in their effect on science game play. I find the Solanae secondary deflector a joke and doesn't bode well for others to come.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    anazonda wrote: »
    Well it's basically sort of a + value to several Starship stats, for sci ships only... They will become even more OP than they already are.

Sci ships are OP, plz nerf....:mad:

Not sure what game you're playing, last time I checked it looked like aux2bat and vapers online, not science online.
  • Options
    tyranthraxisiityranthraxisii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    kyeto13 wrote: »
    I was under the impression that the secondary deflectors are coming with Season 9. Yet I have not seen any dev blogs announcing this. Is this still the plan? Is there going to be a dev blog officially announcing the different types/benefits? Or are we just going to start picking them up at S9 launch? Or was there some type of delay in launching this gear?

They won't be here until next tuesday.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=TREQGl54BU8&feature=endscreen
    I thought WoW's forums had angry elitist snobs, but I never could have imagined the level STO forums has.:confused:
  • Options
    fraghul2000fraghul2000 Member Posts: 1,590 Arc User
    edited April 2014

The only one we currently have ingame gives you +7.5 to 3 stats (emitters, flow caps, shield hit points iirc) and adds a tiny bit of shield drain to a few sci abilities.

If the upcoming secondary deflectors are anything like the Solnae one, I'd bet that most people won't notice the difference in performance. Currently it doesn't come close to the improvements made to cruisers and raiders.
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Not as good as if we could use 2 normal deflectors and get 2 two-piece set bonuses.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Don't believe they really needed to create new item set for this, should have just simply allowed us to install a second deflector of any existing kind in game. Thus science vessels can gain extra set bonus powers, and they'd still not be overpowered. Science vessels could have used that help, although with sensor analysis change coming, at least that helps makes up for the fact seconday deflectors will be less than noticeable in their effect on science game play. I find the Solanae secondary deflector a joke and doesn't bode well for others to come.

The secondly deflector isn't the same as the main deflector. You won't be able to just slot any old deflector you pick up into that slot.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    The secondly deflector isn't the same as the main deflector. You won't be able to just slot any old deflector you pick up into that slot.

At least not as far as we know...

Just because this is the case for the Dysons ship, dosen't mean they wont take the easy way out for regular ships
  • Options
    chiyoumikuchiyoumiku Member Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    We'll while we wait on secondary deflectors, we at least get sensor analysis. Was enjoying the smeg out of it on Tribble.
    Sekhmet_Banner.jpg
    Defending The Galaxy By Breaking One Starfleet Regulation After The Next.
  • Options
    edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    When?? lol, you are assuming cryptic will release secondary deflectors. Thats what everybody assumed when they released the dyson destroyers. And i never heard from cryptic that they were going to release secondary deflectors, thats something people had for granted.

The same procedure cryptic uses to other things, will be applied to secondary deflectors. We will never have secondary deflectors. You should get used to it. I will prefer to see the loadout system fixed before any secondary deflector. But because i know that will never happen, i really dont care anymore lol.

And, we only have the dyson ships to put secondary deflectors. I dont think cryptic will waste resources and time only to design secondary deflectors for the dyson destroyers lol, im pretty sure we will never see secondary deflectors.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    When?? lol, you are assuming cryptic will release secondary deflectors. Thats what everybody assumed when they released the dyson destroyers. And i never heard from cryptic that they were going to release secondary deflectors, thats something people had for granted.

The same procedure cryptic uses to other things, will be applied to secondary deflectors. We will never have secondary deflectors. You should get used to it. I will prefer to see the loadout system fixed before any secondary deflector. But because i know that will never happen, i really dont care anymore lol.

And, we only have the dyson ships to put secondary deflectors. I dont think cryptic will waste resources and time only to design secondary deflectors for the dyson destroyers lol, im pretty sure we will never see secondary deflectors.

You are aware that they talked about secondary deflectors long before we had info on season 8, right?
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    You are aware that they talked about secondary deflectors long before we had info on season 8, right?

Yes, im aware, so???

You are aware that cryptic says A LOT of things since a couple of years ago, that are never acomplished, right??

Its like when they say that they will fix X or Y. They never do lol. Its almost the same scenario.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    And i never heard from cryptic that they were going to release secondary deflectors, thats something people had for granted.

S8 Dev-Blog #44.

Mentioned it a few times in there and even had a Q/A as to how they are planning to release it and which ships qualify.
  • Options
    edited April 2014

Just because this is the case for the Dysons ship, dosen't mean they wont take the easy way out for regular ships

If they were planning to do it that way, then they would have been implemented by now.
    Plus I'm fairly sure it was said by one of the devs (possibly in a dev blog) that there would be a definite distinction between the main deflector and the secondary one.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    S8 Dev-Blog #44.

Mentioned it a few times in there and even had a Q/A as to how they are planning to release it and which ships qualify.

Well, as i said, they say a lot of things.. if by tomorrow we dont have secondary deflectors.. why should we be expecting em?? what will be the point to release a ship capable of secondary deflectors if we dont have em until eons later?? lol. Seriously...
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Well, as i said, they say a lot of things.. if by tomorrow we dont have secondary deflectors.. why should we be expecting em?? what will be the point to release a ship capable of secondary deflectors if we dont have em until eons later?? lol. Seriously...

You're just downright pathetic.
  • Options
    edited April 2014

They have been saying for some time that secondary deflector WILL be implemented. It's set in stone. The only thing they have been coy on is the exact date. But they have said that it not be when season 9 launches, but it will be some time during it.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    If they were planning to do it that way, then they would have been implemented by now.
    Plus I'm fairly sure it was said by one of the devs (possibly in a dev blog) that there would be a definite distinction between the main deflector and the secondary one.

You are assuming that they have a plan...

Looking over the past 4 years, I remember them saying that they would expand on the 8472 storyline... 3 years ago... Season 9 is the first signs of this happening since then, and I can't help but have the feeling that this was not the way thing "planned".

Interstingly, people said the same about something that made the Cruisers unique... Well they have something unique now.
  • Options
    gurugeorgegurugeorge Member Posts: 421 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies. ~Askray
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Name-calling and nothing constructive...

You might want to look at yourself before you start name-calling other people.
  • Options
    johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited April 2014

No, they mentioned in a Dev Blog or Interview (I forget where) that Secondary Deflectors were an entirely new item, not simply a slot for a second deflector dish.

EDIT: http://community.arcgames.com/en/news/star-trek-online/detail/3031073-season-8-dev-blog-_44
    Q: What different types of Secondary Deflectors will there be?

A: At the time of writing this there are currently 3 types of Secondary Deflectors. One focuses on healing and support Science bridge officer abilities (e.g. Science Team), the second provides benefits to control powers (e.g. Tractor Beam) and lastly third type enhances debuff and draining powers (e.g. Tachyon Beam).
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    johngazman wrote: »
    No, they mentioned in a Dev Blog or Interview (I forget where) that Secondary Deflectors were an entirely new item, not simply a slot for a second deflector dish.

I clearly remember them saying that for the Dysons ships, but I am not sure I ever read it in relation to the general ship change.

I am not excluding it of cause, I am simply saying that cryptic has a tendency to take the easy way out sometimes.

Simply adding duplicate deflector variable should be the easy way out.