test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

STO Content Wishlist

124»

Comments

• luckychuckyluckychucky Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    All that i want ist a Fleetversion of the Odyssey Tactical cruiser that really deserves to be the flagship of the federation. ... and a kind of valdore console for it.

...but they seem not to want my money so it will just be a dream forever.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] ... IST MIR ZU SCHWER ... UND ICH WILL NICHT
  • schmedickeschmedicke Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I want all ships to have 100% universal BOFF slots. I think this is best for everyone who wants to be able to fly ships how they customize them and not how the game tells you to fly them.
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,980 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    A major revamp of KDF customization content.

1. More hair, foreheads, noses, facial structures, skin tones, ect.
    2. Updates to existing uniforms to bring them up to par (its starting to bleed the eyes.)
    3. There's a lot of lower tier KDF ships that aren't represented at T5. Instead of waiting for the tedious process of retrofitting or mirroring to make use of that content, why can't our current selection of ships just be enabled to use those ship parts? The BOP's and Raptors seem particularly interchangeable, so why not approach those ships as we now approach kit customization parts (increasing the "level" gets you access to more gear, but you still have lower tier options available.)
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,980 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    schmedicke wrote: »
    I want all ships to have 100% universal BOFF slots. I think this is best for everyone who wants to be able to fly ships how they customize them and not how the game tells you to fly them.

Because rules create games. See. Chess, Baseball, Football, Poker, Dodge Ball, Egyptian Rat TRIBBLE ect. If you let the player do whatever the hell they want to it's just a street fight.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • cavaleriuscavalerius Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Oh, no. Now you've done it. You just had to post a thread like this one.
    Can't... Control... ...URGE TOO GREAT... LOSING I--T.....

[WARNING: RANT MODE ENGAGED]

I would like Cryptic to suddenly realise that Star Trek Online deserves their full attention, solely due to the fan-population. Hell, Star Trek is a multi-billion dollar franchise with one of the largest cult phenomenons ever created. And here Cryptic is investing in superhero and Fantasy MMO's, thus spreading out their resources and making three sub-standard MMO's.

I wouldn't be surprised if they still haven't picked up that there are plenty of hero and fantasy MMO's already out there, and a tiny selection of space MMO's. They probably haven't realised that the Star Trek franchise has slowed down remarkably and their fans aren't pleased this is happening. Right now, the only Star Trek content is JJ's movies, which aren't the greatest pressure releasers for the hardcore fans, and STO which doesn't live up to expectations.

I would like Cryptic to change this game from being just another MMO game, to being THE STAR TREK ONLINE MMO EXPERIENCE.

Surely they should have realised this when they decided to pick up STO and develop it further...

[WARNING: RANT MODE IS OFFLINE]
    Beta Antares Shipyards advanced Starship development project.
    CLASSIFIED
    [SIGPIC]the_forseeable_future_by_jetfreak_7-d3dvsud.png
    [/SIGPIC]
    SUPPORT LOGICAL FEDERATION STARSHIP DESIGNS!
  • cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Big 80's hair for the ladies.

Mullets, What's the point of Tom Sellack Mustaches, without Mullets?:D
  • tmassxtmassx Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    1. fix the bug with tray powers disappearing
    2. new pvp maps
    3. increase rewards in a few played missions
    4. system of ranks revamp , 50 lvl = Captain (Colonel, Commander)
    5. fully independent Romulan Republic
    6. canon places like Cardassia and Ferenginar
    7. Nemesis/ENT uniform http://www.yourprops.com/movieprops/original/yp511317b255e6d7.61835994/Star-Trek-Nemesis-Commander-Donatra-1.jpg
  • xonk10xonk10 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    My list:

1: Add more gear to the Borg and Romulan Reputations. I still have (on this toon) The Borg Space Set and weapons from WAY back. (Mk XI Set, Mk X Weps). I miss going to DS9 to get my gear.

1a: I would like to see a Warp Core, Singularity Core, (Borg and Romulan/Reman) Borg Specific Ship Weapons. (Beams, Cannons, more choice of Topedoes).

1b: On the Romuan/Reman set, with the Warp/Singularity Core, add a power that gives you a "Go down fighting" type, so when your ship goes, it takes out any enemies within 10K. (lol)

1c: Borg Warp/Sigularty Power: Combonation Tractor/Cutter...hit the button, the cutter cuts a hole in the target ship while holding it...similar to what was seen in TNG...

Heck, will we need more weapons anyhow, IF we head out into the Delta Quadrant, right??
  • orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    tmassx wrote: »
    1. fix the bug with tray powers disappearing
    So much this. :(
  • aedayaeday Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Five. Ship interior scale corrections.

Four. To be able to select a standard uniform for all the random NPC crewmen in the decks of the ship interior.

Three. Texture change for the TNG Season 3 - 7 uniform to make it look less like a hessian bag.

Two. A proper Combed back hair style without antenna looking stupid things on either side of the head that make you look like you've just gotten out of bed.

One. Picard Style hair. Or at least a more Grandfather look.
    "I'm a science officer. It's my job to have a better idea."
  • tmassxtmassx Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Also good would be voting on what players want in the game and what they are willing to spend money . This vote would take at least a week and was duly reported by the picture on the game launcher to him as many people as possible can participate .
  • aedayaeday Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    tmassx wrote: »
    Also good would be voting on what players want in the game and what they are willing to spend money . This vote would take at least a week and was duly reported by the picture on the game launcher to him as many people as possible can participate .

I 100% Agree. I would happily pay for anything on my list & many others.
    "I'm a science officer. It's my job to have a better idea."
  • kimmymkimmym Member Posts: 1,317 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Gut and entirely replace the UI. The bugs have reached critical mass. I'm firmly convinced the UI is so speghetified that only a ground-up rewrite can save it now...

Until the bugs are fixed, or at least a great many of them, there is no new content I want. New stuff would just be full of bugs.
    I once again match my character. Behold the power of PINK!
    kimmym_5664.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Space Orphidian Possiblities Wizard
  • talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Selling back Zen ships you no longer want, even at a 50% buy back. Got zen ships I bought, tried didn't like but now I am stuck with them.

Also module reclaim for zen items. It's really annoying if I want another module like the 180 deg torp of the Regent I have to reclaim that ship OVER AND OVER AGAIN.

For Dil items there is a reclaim button, why not for Zen items?
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • kimmymkimmym Member Posts: 1,317 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Oh, and I do have a feature I'd really love.

I'd like to fly my KDF ships on my FED.

With all the cross faction ships already out there and the fact that we are in a cease fire/alliance with the other side, I don't see any thematic problems with cross faction ships.

I find it many times more believable to be flying a BoP or Battlecruiser then a Bug or Galor...

Edit: I even have a few ideas how it could work mechanically. The one that comes to mind is the ability to "Defect" for a zen cost. After defecting you retain your old ships, but can now only acquire new ships and gear for your new faction. Have a cooldown of a week or so on switching sides.

The other one was special high-cost cross faction ship slots... but that idea is much less fun...
    I once again match my character. Behold the power of PINK!
    kimmym_5664.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Space Orphidian Possiblities Wizard
  • dkratascodkratasco Member Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    kimmym wrote: »
    Gut and entirely replace the UI. The bugs have reached critical mass. I'm firmly convinced the UI is so speghetified that only a ground-up rewrite can save it now...

Until the bugs are fixed, or at least a great many of them, there is no new content I want. New stuff would just be full of bugs.

1000x times this. Right now UI is using so much of CPU power that turning off UI gives easily ~10-15 FPS more.
  • stomperx99stomperx99 Member Posts: 863 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    New types of weapons, Missiles, Heavy Beam Arrays, and more.
    ZomboDroid10122015042230.jpg

I'm sorry to people who I, in the past, insulted, annoyed, etc.