Install Arc
Options

Season 9, Excited or Not Excited

12346»

Comments

• Options
    snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Can anyone explain to me why we need more undine anything?

The answer can be found in this mission.
    I hope I'm wrong here, but am I correct in seeing on Tribble that all our reps will be reset and we'll be compensated with a few marks of each rep?

As noted in the post above, it's just a Tribble thing. And will not happen on Holodeck.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    vawlkusvawlkus Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Not really all that enthused about season 9.

Nothing they're adding is of any interest, and several of the changes they're making annoy me, so there's really not much to look forward to as of now.
  • Options
    architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    vawlkus wrote: »
    Not really all that enthused about season 9.

Nothing they're adding is of any interest, and several of the changes they're making annoy me, so there's really not much to look forward to as of now.

What about the new ESD? It's shiny and new!
    Have you tried the new forum on your phone?
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited April 2014

What about it? The reason I personally dislike ESD is the community that lurks there, not the way it looks. This is only a cosmetic improvement, but in essence it will remain the cesspool that it currently is and a reason to have a preference to avoid it.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    shpoks wrote: »
    What about it? The reason I personally dislike ESD is the community that lurks there, not the way it looks. This is only a cosmetic improvement, but in essence it will remain the cesspool that it currently is and a reason to have a preference to avoid it.

All your troubles will go away with the new ESD . . . No more game bugs, glitches, broken game mechanics, nerfed traits . . . Be one with the new ESD, it is your friend.
    Have you tried the new forum on your phone?
  • Options
    edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    All your troubles will go away with the new ESD . . . No more game bugs, glitches, broken game mechanics, nerfed traits . . . Be one with the new ESD, it is your friend.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. (I suposse that was irony?).
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. (I suposse that was irony?).

I certainly hope so. :)
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    xiaoping88xiaoping88 Member Posts: 1,493 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Revamping ESD doesn't even profit most of my (Romulan) characters.
    Reality is an illusion.
    The universe is a hologram.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • Options
    venkouvenkou Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Based on what I have seen on the Dev Blog I am not very excited or impressed. The Dev Blog have actually seem a bit boring this time around. I hope season 9 is going to be awesome, but at this moment I just don't see it. I know many are not happy with the reputation changes they are making and rightfully so for the ones who have put all the hard work into it. Well, let see how season 9 turns out.

Post your thoughts and please be courteous to your fellow posters
    What makes Season Nine boring is that its a repackaged Season Seven and Eight. Outside of a few newish mechanics and environments, the majority of the 'new' stuff coming mirrors the Dyson and Romulan rep systems.

Players will progress the new rep system by playing the same stfs a billion times.

As a result of the limitations in the new rep loudouts, I am going to progress the Undine system very-very-very-very-very casually. I might not even bother.

Players can only have four ground and four space passives active; therefore, the powers available in the Undine are not worth the effort. I have a good eight to choose between.

Since you cannot complete a ground set until T5, the incentives for progressing the Undine system do not exist.

My current standing:
    Dyson - T5
    Nukara - T3
    Romulan - T3
    Omega - T4

If I am going to work towards something, I will finish off the remaining Omega tier.

I think the Undine represents the first of many reps system in which will be skipped.

Undine be damned.
  • Options
    adorenkoadorenko Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Cautiously Optimistic!! Oh but new ESD looks ****!! Wow didn't think it would censor that one.
    Looking for more info on Dilithium Rising? Click on the link below:

[SIGPIC]Click here to visit my STO YouTube channel[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ceekayzeroceekayzero Member Posts: 411 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Let's see:

Six new episodes (including one featured episode!) that make the flow of the STO story work a whole lot better
    Kit revamp
    Space BATTLEZONE! where we get to fight alongside a canon hero ship against a relentless enemy.
    Three interesting new queued missions
    New ESD
    Brand new rep system with some cool new rewards
    New skin textures (especially for Orions)
    Fixed Omega Rep Accolades
    New traits

Yeah, I'm pretty excited. Does it have everything I personally want? Not exactly; I (of course) would like more story missions and some more bank terminals through the First City. But hey, can't get everything I want.