For the glory of Tempus!
    I am the hands of Shar!
    Flames of Kossuth, protect me!
    Oghma, grant me knowledge!
    Lolth commands, and I obey!
  • Options
    jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited April 2014
    Every one is assuming that we are getting a Undine lock box, but I say no it will be totally some thing entirely different, yeah I could be wrong and it will be Undine (I was wrong about the Romulans coming to game) but until it is announced it's all speculation.

I read every patch notes that has hit tribble no where did I read that dilithium was being cut in half or even removed.

New STF's

1st stf of the day

1 bnp 55 marks 960 dilithiun

2nd STf

1 bnp 30 marks ??? dilithium they didnt say

right now we get base 60 marks to 115 marks and 1...6 ....or 11 bnp's for every stf we do

thats a 50% nerf to dilithiun
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • Options
    ufpterrellufpterrell Member Posts: 736 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Part of me is REALLY hoping that I'll enjoy Season 9, but sadly I'm not "feeling" it at the moment. Worrying to be honest since launch is only a week or so away, they should be hyping it up big by now if they want it to be a success. My playing time has dropped off a cliff since S8.5 as there was nothing to do other than more event grinds which I refuse to do. I want fun, interesting and challenging content not the same old "play this map 20 times to get a DOFF".. woopie doo.
    Terrell.png

Looking for a dedicated Star Trek community? Visit www.ufplanets.com for details.
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    jellico1 wrote: »

New STF's

1st stf of the day

2nd STf

right now we get base 60 marks to 115 marks and 1...6 ....or 11 bnp's for every stf we do

If they did take the 960 away that would be very sad. The only improvement might be if the bnp's are now 3 to trade in for 1000. I'll wait until I see it. That helps balance the loss of the 6 or 11 drop. Frankly I get 6 or 11 quite often so it won't completely make up. I also get around 100 marks typically. Taking half of those away as well (if that's how it works) stinks.

I'm not real interested in the phaser photon gear. I suppose I could try a photon ship. But eh, I don't know. I have no interest in the undine rep because of the rep nerf. Which makes me sad. I am a robot who is very willing, typically, to grind.

I will happily try out all the new content and missions. Overall - mixed emotions.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    therealmttherealmt Member Posts: 428 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    This whole game needs a re'vamp' lol before its even worth calling it a Season these days.

Its time for STO 2.0 without Atari or PWE or Chinese behind the controls.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    therealmt wrote: »
    This whole game needs a re'vamp' lol before its even worth calling it a Season these days.

They're not gonna be doing an STO 2.0 at all. The game right now is gearing up for the 2nd Expanison, which means that we're staying with STO all the way.

You do realize that working on STO 2.0 essentially means that they stop working on stuff for STO. Cryptic isn't going to just drop the game. Remember that there are devs that play the game they develop and they know what kinds of issues that plague players. Especially when it comes to Tacofangs.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • Options
    nakedcrooknakedcrook Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I am not looking forward to Season 9 at all. Season 9 represents almost total stagnation in the development process as far as I am concerned.

-With the nerf to rep systems, I have no reason to do the Undine rep. on any of my toons. This content is useless to me now

-We could have gone without the Kit revamp. The kit revamp is basically begging more people to play ground based combat because it is the worst aspect of this game. People prefer space content as opposed to ground content. We are basically being bribed to play ground.

-I don't give a damn about the Undine in general. They are weak enemies that can be easily defeated in the canon. Just break out the Borg Nanoprobe torpedo, wait 4 seconds, and call it a day. I am not impressed by the Undine in the slightest.

-A New ESD was as necessary as hemroids. It serves no purpose at all.

-Legitimately broken aspects of the game are ignored. Cryptic does not address issues like opening the rep system starting at level 1, immersion breaking glitches like the KDF cross faction boff STILL being totally uncustomizable, missing voice over work in some missions, horrendous voice over work in others, TLC for science ships, giving them a second deflector to give them a bit more omph, bringing value back to zones such as DS9, Battle Group Omega, Nukara, and other PVE areas. There was so much more that was deserving of revamping and fixing. ESD, Rep, and Kits were fine. They were working perfectly fine (save for the different mechanic in the Dyson rep, which could have easilly been applied to the other reps). The things I mentioned are in depserate need of fixing.

Truthfully and honestly...Season 9 is something I would expect from George Lucas releasing the "Quad HD 3D Blue Ray Special edition Anniversary Special" of the Star Wars saga; full of pointless changes, reversals, and tweaks.

I really hope Season 9 is a flop. Crytpic really needs to lose money on this, and they need to step back and rethink their direction. I can't speak for anyone else in the community, but I will NOT be playing any of the content in Season 9. I am sticking around to help my fleet, and that is it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you oppose the Reputation nerf, feel free to use my signature
  • Options
    superherofansuperherofan Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I'm pretty meh on this season, mainly due to the reputation nerf. There is no real motivation to do any new reputations now IMO. It was mainly the passives that drove me to do them, and now there's no reason to grind forever when you already have decent passives from the other reputations. It's like do the Borg reputation for the gear and maybe a couple others up to level two for the passives, and then you're done. For the Dyson reputation, I at least had fun with the ground adventure zone, but I tried the space Undine one and didn't find it as fun. Tried a couple of the Undine queued missions and really didn't like them.

The revamped episodes are pretty cool. The "Assimilation" Borg cube interior is AWESOME, but rehashing old content isn't exactly exciting.

I really don't like how limited getting the new modules are in the kit revamp, and my current fleet kit does the job. So, another whatevs.

The new ESD is really beautiful, but I see issues with lag like everyone else.

I'm mainly excited for the new feature episode. The last one was amazing, but they are only doing one. And one feature episode a season just isn't enough content. If they were doing a series, I would be much more excited.
  • Options
    edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    You do realize that working on STO 2.0 essentially means that they stop working on stuff for STO. Cryptic isn't going to just drop the game.

LOL. They will abandon the game once they realize the player base is droping drastically to the point is not worthy anymore to maintain the game. Im sure of it. Since it happened with a lot of f2p mmorpgs. And it doesnt matter if those players just bought a LFS or watever. Once they see they are not gaining as much money as they want, bye bye STO. And this situation is not that far away.... :(, if they keep doing things this way.
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    LOL. They will abandon the game once they realize the player base is droping drastically to the point is not worthy anymore to maintain the game. Im sure of it. Since it happened with a lot of f2p mmorpgs. And it doesnt matter if those players just bought a LFS or watever. Once they see they are not gaining as much money as they want, bye bye STO. And this situation is not that far away.... :(, if they keep doing things this way.

The STO you are playing, and the STO I am playing must be very different things indeed.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    I'd like to see if I could maybe add my opinions on why Cryptic's done what they've done with aspects of season 9. Just would like to state before hand that I'm in no way affiliated with Cryptic other than being a loyal player of STO.

Starting off, we have the Kit revamp. With the old kits we were locked into having to switch kits if we wanted to try a different kit. The new kits essentially act like the boff ground skills in that we can slot in different powers in order to customize our kits. We're not locked into using one kit anymore.

Next, we have the ESD (Earth Spacedock) revamp. Currently on holodeck Earth Spacedock requires players to run around in order to reach a certain area of ESD, such as the Exchange or Bank areas. Don't forget that players also have to go through a separate loading screen in order to access the shipyard. From what I've heard they've done with ESD on tribble, bank and mail access is now located throughout the zone. I've seen that the shipyard is now on the same map so no more loading screen. Plus it looks overall nicer than ESD currently does on holodeck. Everything is much more streamlined for access.

Dyson Sphere Undine Battlezone: We knew that from the latest FE, the Undine are trying to gain a foothold against us. The first step in that plan was to claim the Voth's territory and kick them out of it. This leads to the Undine battlezone which keeps the momentum between the Dyson rep and the Undine rep so people can go between the two and complete them.

Borg and Undine episode revamp: They were pretty similar since there was an ongoing conflict with both, so they decided to streamline the episodes so that it now feels like one comprehensive story. State of Q was removed because it made no sense in the revamp.

Reputation power and traits revamp: I see this as a way of letting people further customize their characters. Being able to switch powers at will allows for further flexibility on builds so you're not locked into having to buy a respec token to switch things up and then have to go and do so again if you don't like how things were switched up. Limiting the passives down to four space and four ground brings it in line with the trait system since you're limited to 8, but can switch them at anytime depending on what you plan on facing.

Reputation projects revamp: When they introduced the Dyson rep, they introduced a new system which no longer required a scaled input of Commodity items that drained Energy credits from players, as well as cutting down the amount of Expertise required. The one thing that they realized that they did wrong was that they ended up making the Dyson rep too fast in completion.

They took away commendations which never really made much sense as it was basically a 2nd currency within one rep system. They streamlined all of the reps to follow the idea they had with the Dyson rep and that was to have a static project that had small inputs. They also removed all Mark X and XI projects so that all the reps were in line with the Dyson rep. The devs knew we liked the set up and we now see that they've implemented it.

The other change with the rep revamp is that they limited the number of times you could complete the hourly rep project. Hourly projects were also introduced with the Dyson rep and provided a smaller overall reward for rep XP, but had the advantage of being able to be done as many times as one wanted in a 24 hour period. It ended up adding up to quite a bit of XP being gained from it. With the new change, we are limited to 3 hours a day per 20 hour period that activates from the point the first project was started. They give us the option of doing a 0 rep xp project (replacing the hourly till the cooldown is over) that keeps the same inputs but rewards a greater amount of dilithium and can be done as many times as you want. This means that players can continue to gain as much dilithium as they want through the rep system.

Miscellaneous changes going to holodeck

Red alerts and Deep space encounter fix-finally coming in, no more warping into a "bugged" borg or Tholian encounter.

Flanking for Raiders-took a few months but it'll finally be in the game for the Klingons.

New heads and complexions for human characters-greater variety of customization so that we don't end up with characters that look the same way anymore.

I do not know exactly what is the deal with the STF daily as I've not yet had the chance to go on and see what changes they've made. I'm pretty sure that you guys are blowing it out of proportion.

• Options
    kargisterkargister Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I don't want a new Season, they don't impress me. You know what does impress me though? Episodes. Remember those? One every week.

Instead of getting something that raised the power creep we got something cool, like a cane or a shard or what have you, maybe even a boff. We also got part of a story, to be continued in next weeks thrill packed issue! Have you seen the Solanae "episodes"? The two actual stories(which I thought were ok) sandwiching what amounts to an intro to the daily quests.

Please Cryptic, just tell us some stories like you used to. You can do it. I KNOW you can, we've seen it before.
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited April 2014

You sure are laughing out loud a lot today. What are you on and can I have some?
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    mm06360mm06360 Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I'm apphrenhesive.

I'm goint to wait and see before doing anything.
  • Options
    gurugeorgegurugeorge Member Posts: 421 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I'm excited. This new content is coming just at a time when I got re-interested in the game as the Mirror event happened, and I've been managing to get a reasonably satisfactory flow of new bits of gear (Fleet and Rep) for a moderate amount of grinding. But the Foundry has been adding a lot of value for me recently. There really are quite a few well-made missions on it, and they contrast with the grind quite nicely, when I get bored of it and want to feel more of a Star Trek vibe.

So new content at this time is welcome for me. Particularly looking forward to the kit revamp.
  • Options
    vhex333vhex333 Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    It's seems to be a 50/50 balance of excited to not excited.

I'm in the excited. I've been with the game since original launch and it has been the game I have probably played the most apart from WoW.

Everything I have read about (but not experienced yet from choice - want to remain spoiler free but am grateful to those that do test on Tribble) seems really cool.

Kit changes. Well, I'm not a big player of ground combat but have just started to play it more, so this is promising IMO.

New Species 8472 rep. More content and more items to experiment with. Sounds fun.

Change to Rep traits and powers. Okay, I did like all the rep powers (I maxed all reps and they were a big lure to do so) and as far as I have read, they have been tweaked/buffed so that what we do select has more oomph. I am hoping (and note hoping) that our choices have more visible effect on our space and ground combat. Instead of a multitude of minor traits that equal 5% improvements to our ship/captain, we may see 10 combined traits (5/5) that equal to 10% improvement. Of interest, I can't remember if we can have 2/8 (ground/space) or does it have to be equal?

The new ESD looks great, in fact I would say it looks like the greatest leap forwards in visual direction and polish STO has seen in a long time. It feels really future Trek and a credit to the art team.

I'm a sucker for new things to do with my captain and ship (I have only had a single char for all these years and have enjoyed every minute if it) and I'm excited for each new Season.

Sure, I am Cryptic/PWs perfect target player, as a previous poster mentioned. I love spaceship combat, grew up with Trek and love sinking money/time into this game for new stuff. This doesn't make me gullible or naive, I have been working in the video game industry for twenty years and believe I have at least a good understanding of what the developers are trying to do.

I recently stopped playing WoW (no trolling intended) because I simply had nothing to do at end game. I had raided until I was sick to my daggers, I had quested, collected and ground until I was running on auto. STO, in my opinion, has such great end-game and is so much FUN over five hour long plays or a bit of daily work. It is very layered and I hope the game continues for a long time - or it becomes STO2 and we are allowed to take our characters and purchases with us from STO1.

I would like to see the following:

Improved PvP across the board. (Not for me, but for the players that love their PvP)
    More items.
    Improved loot drop system. At least add the very rare chance of very rare, unique and ultra rare items in the end-game loot table. It is a large part of MMOs and vendor trash 99% of the time makes drops null and void.
    Improved ground combat - take a leaf from Neverwinter MMO, your own game. The combat was easy to control, felt great and seemed to work well. If STO had melee and ranged combat like that, I certainly would be interested in more ground combat.
    Random missions (perhaps categorized in combat, diplomatic and exploration over ground and space so we could chose. Could it be tied into Doff system??)

I'm sorry if I sound overly positive, I love this game and the hundreds of hours of fun it has given me. I'm also away from home at the moment and may have STO withdrawal.
  • Options
    richardewirichardewi Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    Excited as always.

Ditto. Same for me.
  • Options
    oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Based on what I have seen on the Dev Blog I am not very excited or impressed. The Dev Blog have actually seem a bit boring this time around. I hope season 9 is going to be awesome, but at this moment I just don't see it. I know many are not happy with the reputation changes they are making and rightfully so for the ones who have put all the hard work into it. Well, let see how season 9 turns out.

Post your thoughts and please be courteous to your fellow posters

I'm not particularly excited about it.

1. I have my doubts about the whole kit revamp. But since I have "legacy" kits stocked up for my characters, it doesn't affect me that much.

2. I'm not happy that the "enable visuals" feature on characters' armor is being done away with. Armor is a piece of equipment, not a costume. So, I shouldn't have to use up valuable costume slots for standard body armor. But if it makes the Rocket Rangers, who like running around in full battle-rattle all of the time, happy that they're getting the new customizing system, who am I to argue? I'll simply not use the visuals anymore on anything but the Rep ground sets.

3. The reputation passives nerf is a big deal breaker for me. Instead of pulling this TRIBBLE, they should have simply done away with passives Season Nine onwards. I'm not planning on finishing my currently uncompleted Reps, much less doing the Undine Rep, since there is no real point to it. I can get better gear from my Fleet's shops.

4. Playable Undine ships. If a subset of the player community wants them, more power to them. I hope they enjoy playing them. But I have no interest in using them whatsoever. No new canon or faction specific vessels has soured me in this regard.

5. I'm not interested in playing in another laggy as hell Dyson adventure zone, in pursuit of yet another f***ing grindfest. How about some REAL content from time to time?

6. The only thing I am looking forward to is the new FE. Because Tuvok, who is made of AWESOME and WIN, will be in it. However, the rest of S9? Meh. I'll just continue piddling around in the game, playing what I enjoy already, until they cook up something that really catches my interest in a big way. Which really hasn't happened since Legacy of Romulus, and the Avenger release later on after that.
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    2. I'm not happy that the "enable visuals" feature on characters' armor is being done away with. Armor is a piece of equipment, not a costume. So, I shouldn't have to use up valuable costume slots for standard body armor. But if it makes the Rocket Rangers, who like running around in full battle-rattle all of the time, happy that they're getting the new customizing system, who am I to argue? I'll simply not use the visuals anymore on anything but the Rep ground sets.

Wait....what?? :confused: I'm not familiar with this change. Can you, or anyone else, ellaborate a bit more on this change?
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    kargister wrote: »
    I don't want a new Season, they don't impress me. You know what does impress me though? Episodes. Remember those? One every week.

Instead of getting something that raised the power creep we got something cool, like a cane or a shard or what have you, maybe even a boff. We also got part of a story, to be continued in next weeks thrill packed issue! Have you seen the Solanae "episodes"? The two actual stories(which I thought were ok) sandwiching what amounts to an intro to the daily quests.

Please Cryptic, just tell us some stories like you used to. You can do it. I KNOW you can, we've seen it before.

It's been said that the Featured Series like you refer to were unappealing to the developers since they offer no real replay value. Just face facts that they are focused on repeatable content. Many people hate it but Cryptic isn't going to let up.

• Options
    edited April 2014
    shpoks wrote: »
    Wait....what?? :confused: I'm not familiar with this change. Can you, or anyone else, ellaborate a bit more on this change?

I only got the jist of it. They're supposedly doing away with the little clicky "eyeball" feature (in the character status menu), since the new customization system for body armor is going for be similar to current costume customization in the tailor. You customize your armor in the tailor like a costume. And it will require a costume slot like normal outfits.

That's my understanding, at least.
  • Options
    lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I only got the jist of it. They're supposedly doing away with the little clicky "eyeball" feature (in the character status menu), since the new customization system for body armor is going for be similar to current costume customization in the tailor. You customize your armor in the tailor like a costume. And it will require a costume slot like normal outfits.

Yep, sounds about right. It's the same with kit visuals. Those are being added to the tailor as well.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    edited April 2014

Thanks for the reply.

If you happen to know - does this mean that if I want to have my armor on (for performance), but without any visuals so I can keep my char's 'uniform' look - I won't be able to from S9 onwards?
    Like a choice between either uniform for cosmetic purposes or armor for performance issues kind of thing, or I have this figured terribly wrong?
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Thanks for the reply.

If you happen to know - does this mean that if I want to have my armor on (for performance), but without any visuals so I can keep my char's 'uniform' look - I won't be able to from S9 onwards?
    Like a choice between either uniform for cosmetic purposes or armor for performance issues kind of thing, or I have this figured terribly wrong?

Performance wise, it's no different than it is right now. The only difference is that the armor visual is being put into the tailor. By default, equipping your armor will only show your uniform. If you want the armor look, you have to specifically go to the tailor and make an outfit with the armor visual.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Thanks for the reply.

As far as I know, it's all about visuals. You can still have your armor equipped as normal, and still get the normal benefits from it, without the visuals enabled.

@ian451

Yep, sounds about right. It's the same with kit visuals. Those are being added to the tailor as well

I had forgot about the kits. Now, I have two reasons to dislike this new feature. :P
  • Options
    erraberrab Member Posts: 1,428 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Based on what I have seen on the Dev Blog I am not very excited or impressed. The Dev Blog have actually seem a bit boring this time around. I hope season 9 is going to be awesome, but at this moment I just don't see it. I know many are not happy with the reputation changes they are making and rightfully so for the ones who have put all the hard work into it. Well, let see how season 9 turns out.

Post your thoughts and please be courteous to your fellow posters

Season 9 just does not scream must play to me has of yet and looks to be adding more grind to an already full on grind game IMO.

I've been getting quite bored playing STO lately and that is mostly due to the repetitive grinds and mind numbingly painful reputation systems.

I understand that in order for Cryptic to increase their odds of getting us to spend money on STO that they have to keep us playing STO for has long has possible hence the repetitive grinds; however, they need to make the grinds feel less like busy work and more like something that we might enjoy doing again and again.

Has is stands right now STF's are the only things that are keeping me logging in to STO but I'm starting to lose sight of the reason I enjoy playing them.

Cryptic needs to start changing up some of the things that we encounter while running the current STF's and also start adding some non Borg STF's.

How about some Tal Shiar based STF that see the players try to stop the Tal Shiar from further developing weapons based on Borg tech or simply just stop the Tal Shiar from hunting down neutral Romulans?

I'd like to see some STF's centered around dealing with the Mirror Universe, the STF's could be use to help build the foundation for a Mirror Universe expansion or at the very least a Featured Episode series.

I know it would not be perfect but if all of our repetitive content had possibilities for multiple outcomes they might help to lessen the feeling of them being endless grinds.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    As far as I know, it's all about visuals. You can still have your armor equipped as normal, and still get the normal benefits from it, without the visuals enabled.

Ah, cool. Nothing to be concerned about then, at least for me. I usually play without the armor and kit visuals, I prefer that standard look from the shows.

EDIT:
    lan451 wrote: »
    Performance wise, it's no different than it is right now. The only difference is that the armor visual is being put into the tailor. By default, equipping your armor will only show your uniform. If you want the armor look, you have to specifically go to the tailor and make an outfit with the armor visual.

Thanks for your reply as well, lan451, didn't notice it previously. :o
    Anyway, this is just the info I needed and it works for me just fine. My first impression was that there is a possibility for us to be hard-pressed into armor visuals and I'm glad that this won't be the case here.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    errab wrote: »
    Cryptic needs to start changing up some of the things that we encounter while running the current STF's and also start adding some non Borg STF's.

How about some Tal Shiar based STF that see the players try to stop the Tal Shiar from further developing weapons based on Borg tech or simply just stop the Tal Shiar from hunting down neutral Romulans?

I'd like to see some STF's centered around dealing with the Mirror Universe, the STF's could be use to help build the foundation for a Mirror Universe expansion or at the very least a Featured Episode series.

All of this sounds a great idea.

I would like to see less Borg now. Too much exposure reduces the threat.

I'm looking forward to the Undine... They had better be a step up in challenge, to such a point where engaging them on Elite difficulty and in Elite STFs really challenges and to beat them you really do need to consider the new tech offered in the grind. Makes sense really, doesn't it.

Wouldn't mind getting a D'Vor ship.. I think they popped up in Voyager a few times and they were sweet.

I digress.
  • Options
    bughunter357bughunter357 Member Posts: 587 Arc User
    edited April 2014

you can now customize you kit visuals in the tailor, it is no longer turn on/off visuals from your character screen you go to the tailor and add what you want from the tailor in fact from what I saw of it on tribble you can add any kit option that you wanted so if your a Sci but like the tac visuals you can do that, I myself never cared for the visuals of kits so this has no impact for me but unlike what a previous poster said you do not waste costume slots on it if you want a specific costume to have the kit visuals then you go and edit that one and ta da your done.
    S9 is OP, plz nerf!
    what is every ones definition of "nerf" for me it was a foam ball that I threw around 25-30 years ago as a kid, now though its X is now decreased from 10% to 5%, uh okay if it helps balance the game sure.
    every one is saying the rep has been "Nerfed" what exactly is it that is being done, oh yes I read the blogs and I was a bit concerned about the passive being cut down so I went to tribble and tested it out nope doesn't bother me cause now I don't have to spend dilithium on a respec token to change it if I did not like how I had it I just wait for red alert to go down or the mission to be over and change it then for free.
    New STF's

1st stf of the day

2nd STf

sooo what's the problem again from what I see you have over a thousand post on the forums so if you don't have too many characters that should mean your done with STF's and the only reason too run them is for the dilithium this is a dilithium ATM to me 90% of my toons are done with the Omega rep, yeah sure I still need a few things here and there but for the most part I am done with it and only reason I take my characters in there is too get some extra dilithium, just like the Voth ground BZ most, not all characters are done with it so when I take the ones that are done through it it is for the fact that I am going for the dilithium which I can get atleast 20k out of one run per character so again the BZ is a ATM of dilithium for me and I prefer the BZ over doing a STF as I get more from it in one run than one STF, the same will be true when I finish the Undine rep, so if I want to run a space BZ for that then now I would have a choice for what I am in the mood for space or ground.
    If they did take the 960 away that would be very sad. The only improvement might be if the bnp's are now 3 to trade in for 1000. I'll wait until I see it. That helps balance the loss of the 6 or 11 drop. Frankly I get 6 or 11 quite often so it won't completely make up. I also get around 100 marks typically. Taking half of those away as well (if that's how it works) stinks.

they did make it where the set cost 3 instead of 5 BNPs to buy stuff that I was happy for.

bias much? I have said it tons of times and will say again PWE is the best thing to happen to STO with out them this game would have died with Atari bankruptcy.
    I'm pretty sure that you guys are blowing it out of proportion.
    they are
    I would rather have to wait 5-6 months for a rep system that will take me a bit longer to run through then to wait 5-6 months for what 5 missions that I can burn through in a day, no thanks on that note I look forward to April 22nd and something new to do.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    I have said it tons of times and will say again PWE is the best thing to happen to STO with out them this game would have died with Atari bankruptcy.

they are I would rather have to wait 5-6 months for a rep system that will take me a bit longer to run through then to wait 5-6 months for what 5 missions that I can burn through in a day, no thanks on that note I look forward to April 22nd and something new to do.

These two comments.

I agree, PWE have maintained the game and, dare I say, increased the player base which has certainly injected staying power into the game.

The second point - this x 10. I would love rep that really sets out a long term growth and reward. It's back to that typical MMO hunger we all fall for: new content... Burn through... Nothing new to do.... Complain about lack of content.

I would really love a legendary (unique) mission chain (like Wow's) that had us exploring strange new worlds, had it tied into STFs, Doff missions etc. something that could span a Season or more.

I am hoping they plan to look into tier VI to X on present rep as well. Surely, it has been created to add more tiers?