Official 8472 Counter-Command Reputation Feedback Thread

Comments

• killdozer9211killdozer9211 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    FYI, I found these on the Reddit STO forum

Space shield and other work-in-progress images
    Link to Reddit OP
    Reddit user - Chuzordie

Ground set, and is missing the kit module descriptor (which can be found later on in the previous album, albeit taken from space)
    Link to Reddit OP
    Reddit user - Atheonyirh

Personally, I rather like the look of the Espionage Wet-suit Armour. Also, from those stats, that armour's looking to be quite the run'n'stab necessity, what with the 30% physical damage boost, and the increased manoeuvrability after rolling (dodge, avoidance and run-speed)

Arent those just the placeholders? They've added visuals since then. The actual space set visuals should be up on tribble now... You know... If anyone wants to share...
  • sfc#5932 sfc Member Posts: 992 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2014
    Arent those just the placeholders? They've added visuals since then. The actual space set visuals should be up on tribble now... You know... If anyone wants to share...
    You are absolutely correct. Ground set is probably done and the space set is properly hooked up now, most likely.

Those Voth shield effects are placeholders, sorry guys and gals.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I noticed that there is a Disruptor and a Phaser Heavy Biomolecular turret. Are these separated by faction, or are both available to everyone? I really wouldn't want to miss out as a Disruptor user just because the toon is Fed-aligned.

Based on some images that I have seen, the Counter-Command Bio-Molecular Disruptor Rifle, Counter-Command Bio-Molecular Phaser Rifle, Heavy Bio-Molecular Disruptor Turret, and Heavy Bio-Molecular Phaser Turret are Faction specific. So Feds are limited to Phasers and KDF are limited to Disruptors and Romulans are limited to what Faction they are aligned with for the Counter-Command weapons.

Nanite Sonic Pulse apparently does +20% damage vs. Undine, knocks back vs. non-Undine, Interrupt, slow, and +1.2 stun vs. Undine compared to knock back, interrupt, and slow for Sonic Pulse. Bio-Molecular Photon Grenade does 50% shield penetration, slow for 8 seconds, and causes radiation damage on expiration with double damage for Undine compared to knockback for Photon Grenade. Obviously, these powers do initial damage. Nanite Medical Generator creates a level 54 Nanite Medical Generator for 180 seconds which gives health regeneration, +15 All Damage Resistance, and +30 Psionic and Toxic Damage Resistance compared to health regeneration and +15 All Damage Resistance for the Medical Generator.
  • borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    edited April 2014
    starkaos wrote: »
    Based on some images that I have seen, the Counter-Command Bio-Molecular Disruptor Rifle, Counter-Command Bio-Molecular Phaser Rifle, Heavy Bio-Molecular Disruptor Turret, and Heavy Bio-Molecular Phaser Turret are Faction specific. So Feds are limited to Phasers and KDF are limited to Disruptors and Romulans are limited to what Faction they are aligned with for the Counter-Command weapons.

Nope. Any faction can use either energy type.
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • ruinsfateruinsfate Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Does anyone know where the tactical console for the set is, and possibly what it does?
  • f8explorer#7814 f8explorer Member Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited April 2014

::: thumbs up.

Thrilled to hear this. Thank you!
    Joint Forces Commander ... / ... proud member of ... boq botlhra'ghom / AllianceCenCom!
    " We stand TOGETHER and fight with HONOR!"

U.S.S. Maelstrom, NCC-71417 (Constitution III-class/flagship) --- Fleet Admiral Hauk' --|-- Dahar Master Hauk --- I.K.S. qu'In 'an bortaS (D7-class / flagship)
  • assimilatedktarassimilatedktar Member Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Thanks from commander Tarleya of the RRW Garuda. She really wasn't thrilled about the thought of phasers on her warbird.
    FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
    Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
  • sthraxpwesthraxpwe Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Is there any chance you could also add a plasma version for Rommies- it seems particularly wrong that a Romulan should have to use phasers or disruptors to take advantage of this set when the game goes out of its way to push Romulans to plasma.
  • neotrident12neotrident12 Member Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I really think the ground weapon energy DOT proc needs to change to a Radiation proc, by making it energy specific it makes the weapon useless versus the Borg adaptation, which in turn makes it worthless to purchase. There is no point in buying an expensive weapon that has a situational use.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • silverserasilversera Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Ok so here is my feedback on this rep, passive and space set.

My biggest worry about the passive comes from the nanoprobe field generator, the idea is nice but I am affraid this passive will be a lot more usefull in pvp than in pve, for a simple reason, player fire a lot more energy shot per second than NPc do.

In pvp you'll be at 5 stack all the time even with just one ship shoting at you, no question about t, but in a pve mission, where most npc ship can't maintain more than 2 energy weapon at you per second, then just getting 2 stack will already be uncommun, and maintaining 5 stack against a npc will be impossible.

My propsal to fix this and make this passive as usefull for pve as it already is for pvp is simple, increase stack duration to 30 sec . In pvp it will not change how fast people gain stack, which is the only thing that matter, since like I said before, 15 sec or 30 sec stack duration makes no difference once the stack are there ,people will be at 5 stacks non stop in pvp. But in a pve setting it mean getting 5 stack in a one on one fight with a npc become possible

Now about the gear, the space set is mostly standard stuff but there is one rough gem in there, namely the engine piece. Putting a bonus to inertia is a GREAT idea but I am affraid that with the current very low value it's just going to miss the mark .

By that I mean on most ship a +5 inertia isn't gonna change how they fly and since this is kind of a defiining feature of this engine given that it doesn't exist anywhere else, it would be a shame if it went completly unoticed because the bonus is too weak.

I'd also like to add that this is a golden opportunity to move away from the" borg engine+deflector for the 2 piece set" paradigme that has been dominating for ship builds. Not for small nimble ship because they don't care about better inertia than they already have so it won't entice them but the bigger ship with big tendency to power slide everywhere, now for those ship a significant bonus to inertia would be something very desirable, even if the trade off hurt.

By hurting I mean from a power gaming and min-maxing point of view a inertia rating will never be as good as the 2 piece borg bonus, BUT it means your ship will more fun to fly around and some captain might be willing to accept that their ship is slightly less powerfull than before if it's also more pleasant to fly, like a said a trade off and for some of the biggest offender in the whole power sliding everywhere you go class, it's going to be a really, REALLY hard choice betwen the raw power of the borg set and the conveniance of no longer feeling like your ice skatting in space all the time.

A little bird told me that devs like to give people hard choices my proposal is this: remove the 5% defense from the engine and go full steam ahead on the inertia bonus, make it +10 or even +15, make it something unique, you would be offering a true alternative to the borg engine and the best part is that it comes at no power creep cost , sound like a win-win to me.

I hope my feedback will be helpfull to you guys and sorry if my wording is a bit weird to you at times as I am not a native English speaker
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2014
    I was going to make a different thread so this doesn't get buried with all the other comments, but in the interest of keeping things where they should I'll post it here.

The proc you put on the space set shield is completely weak and useless:

2.5% chance to drain 10 weapons power.

Now in the interest of boosting it a bit while not going over the top, could you have it be affected by speccing into flow caps? Maybe use?

Weapons drain = (Flow Caps/15) + 10

That -10 proc by itself is useless, specially against weapons power overcapping a2b FAW+DEM+Marion boats with power insulators.

Note: I haven't been able to test the shield myself because, although I have the tier 5 rep in Tribble, grinding 750 marks the long way takes too much time. I assume flow caps don't affect it from a screenshot I saw someone posted.
  • dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014

then PLEASE include a plasma version for all this rep gear too!
  • no09dysonsphereno09dysonsphere Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Considering the whole fiasco with the Romulan Junior Officer Weekend doff, I'm not optimistic but if nothing else the set items ground weapon/turret/torpedo should have plasma counterparts.
  • dinoyipidinoyipi Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Couple of oversights I noticed that will probably take very little effort to fix:

1.) The description for Bio-Molecular space weapons state that during the Bio-Molecular Incubation, the target's "runspeed" is reduced. I'm assuming this is carried over from personal weapons; shouldn't it say that space weapons reduce "flight speed", or something like that?

2.) Bio-Molecular Pulsewave Assaults (both Phaser and Disruptor) appear in two stores for 8472 Counter-Command reputation: the T1 rifles store and the T2 assault store. I'm assuming they belong exclusively in the Assault store, since most other sources in the game refer to them as assault weapons.

Also a sidenote... Why no 8472 Counter-Command Tester Packs? That's the one reputation that needs the most testing the soonest (little over a week until S9 release as of this post), yet it's hindered by this absence.
    For personal reasons, I've left Star Trek Online.
  • martakurillmartakurill Member Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Hey, does anyone know what those bio-molecular kit frames are going to look like yet?
    edited April 2014
    Just posted this reply in today's Dev Blog a little bit ago, but a lot of questions have come up in this thread, too, so I figured I'd repost it here.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=16342691&postcount=92
    Regarding the 4-Piece Bonuses that some have noticed on the Tribble versions of these Reputation Rewards...

The following items will be given as rewards from our upcoming Season 9 Featured Episode:

- Profession-Specific Counter-Command Kit Mk XI [Will]x3 [Undine]
    - Console - Tactical - Counter-Command Multi-Conduit Energy Relay

There will be additional rewards from this mission which will be briefly mentioned in an upcoming Dev Blog on the subject.

Each of the above items completes the Ground and Space Sets, respectively, giving players access to the 4-piece Set Bonuses. Since they are tied into end-game Reputation Sets, both pieces of equipment are only able to be equipped by lvl 50 players, even though they can be earned at any level by playing the Season 9 Featured Episode.
    Jeremy Randall
    "Play smart!"
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    then PLEASE include a plasma version for all this rep gear too!

Good luck with that lol :P
  • illcadiaillcadia Member Posts: 1,412 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2014
    Oh hey, thanks for making my antiproton weapons I just finished buying useless in PVP. Guess it's back to the polarons.
  • coffeemikecoffeemike Member Posts: 942 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Just posted this reply in today's Dev Blog a little bit ago, but a lot of questions have come up in this thread, too, so I figured I'd repost it here.

Are we having a Tribble Test Weekend to see how the new items are before release?
  • z3ndor99z3ndor99 Member Posts: 1,391 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    coffeemike wrote: »
    Are we having a Tribble Test Weekend to see how the new items are before release?

These new items bort mentioned are tied to the new Feature Episode, so we will just have to wait and play ( replay ) to test these new items.
  • mosul33mosul33 Member Posts: 836 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Great news, thx for the heads up.
    I was speculating that these were T5 rep rewards. Its nice to know that they are FE rewards.
  • sohtohsohtoh Member Posts: 620 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    turbommx1 wrote: »
    Probably should note that picture of the set bonus for the undine weapon set is now out of date. It no longer provides a damage bonus of any kind. Just a 2% extra chance for the bio weapons to proc (makes it 4.5%)
    turbommx1 wrote: »
    there ya go
    Updatedundine.jpg

When and why was this change made?
    "I'm not big on telepaths myself. I'm not big on guns either. But if everyone else has them, I want to make sure I can get my hands on the biggest one I can."
    edited April 2014
    sohtoh wrote: »
    When and why was this change made?

These bonuses were moved off the set and onto the Counter-Command Multi-Energy Relay (Tac Console) available as a S9 FE reward.
    Jeremy Randall
    "Play smart!"
  • neotrident12neotrident12 Member Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    These bonuses were moved off the set and onto the Counter-Command Multi-Energy Relay (Tac Console) available as a S9 FE reward.

Does anyone have a screeny of this? Bortus is it a "Tac" console or a Tac orientated uni console?

Further can you please see the One module issue when buying or trading in a fleet kit in the kit feedback thread please?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,238 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    EDITED miss read
  • jonathanlonehawkjonathanlonehawk Member Posts: 674 Arc User
    edited April 2014

So we still don't have a SET BONUS that adds to Phaser damage. Because if this still a TAC console, why the heck would I lower my damage replacing a phaser spire console (+31.9% damage) with one that adds (+15% damage)? It might (might) see use if it was a universal.

Was really happy to finally get a Phaser increasing set bonus, as it's the ONLY energy-type in the whole game that doesn't have a set bonus.

What's your beef with Phasers, Cryptic?

:mad:
    Formerly Known as Protector from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    STOSIG.png
    Please enable us to buy a token with Zen to faction change a 25th Century FED to a TOS FED.
    edited April 2014
    So we still don't have a SET BONUS that adds to Phaser damage. Because if this still a TAC console, why the heck would I lower my damage replacing a phaser spire console (+31.9% damage) with one that adds (+15% damage)? It might (might) see use if it was a universal.

Was really happy to finally get a Phaser increasing set bonus, as it's the ONLY energy-type in the whole game that doesn't have a set bonus.

IMO the way things are done with reps and lockboxes they focus lockbox weapon drops on KDF/disruptor to keep KDF players or romulan players engaged in them. Then with reps they do anything thats not phaser, disruptor, or AP in most cases because those will all be trump cards for their rep system once enough ppl stop doing them which keeps ppl engaged in the game to a point. Once they desperately need money though there will be lockbox and reputation that dishes out phasers as a notion of the jug of milk to milk the game dry of what they expect out of it.
  • strorusstrorus Member Posts: 328 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    When are phasers going to get a damage boost set, they are the only damage type in game without a set that boosts it's damage...

:mad::mad::mad:
    edited April 2014
    strorus wrote: »
    When are phasers going to get a damage boost set, they are the only damage type in game without a set that boosts it's damage...

:mad::mad::mad:

That basically would be their trump card sale when they've exhausted all other options on making money on the majority/federation side they will then put one in till they can regroup and figure out what to do next to try to keep afloat.
  • snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Normally I don't fall in line with the "What's your beef with X" crowd. This time I do.

The Polaron set, the Tetryon Set, Plasma harnessing, and so on and so forth.

But nada for Phasers.

Why?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]