test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Logging On Not Completing

If you can help me, I will personally award you with the Star Trek Online Uber-Nerdy Geek title!

I have a problem that I have trouble-shot for the past several days, and I just don't know what is wrong. Please, allow me to explain....

I've built a brand new computer [1], and have installed a lot of software over the past week. One of the games I've installed is Star Trek Online (aka STO), and at the beginning, worked fine.

Several days ago, I noticed STO servers went down for the whole day, and when it came back up, I no longer can get the game to work well on my primary computer. STO works fine on my laptop, and my son's computer, but not on my main one.

What happens is,
1. I can log onto the launcher,
2. I can launch STO and it takes me to my Character Selector Screen
3. I choose a character, and click PLAY
4. The game launches and the launch continues to about 95-96% Mark.
5. The launch sequence then bogs down and can sit at 95-96% for approx 4-5 minutes.
6. I eventually get on, but:
(a) ship will not move,
(b) I see no quest/mission information
(c) I have no fleet information
(d) I cannot speak to any NPCs
(e) yet, I do see other players running around.
7. Once or twice, I can get on, and run around for about 30 seconds, but then it locks up.

Personal Actions:
1. I've redownloaded and reinstalled the game.
2. I've turned off my firewalls
3. I've closed down all my scanners [2].

My thoughts:
1. I can access their Log On Server, because it accepts my Username and password.
2. I can receive data from the STO servers,
3. I *THINK* at the 95-96% Mark, the game is supposed to SEND data to the server, but something is blocking my computer to send the data.
4. The game is waiting to hear from the server confirming that it has received the data, and doesn't get a response.
5. Game launches anyway, and though I can receive data, I cannot send data.
6. I have a decent Internet connection[3] and other programs are running fine.
7. Could an outgoing port be blocked/ turned off by something and left closed?

Thoughts? Comments?

HELP!!!!

[1] Specs: AMD FX-8350, Asus Sabertooth 990fx motherboard, Asus AMD R9 270X video card, 16GB RAM
[2] Spybot S&D, and MalwareBytes.
[3] 60MB pipe.
Post edited by gtheodoulos on

Comments

• Options
    vifarcvifarc Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    It seems like the big lag problem at first log in, where the 1st minutes the game is utterly slow.
  • Options
    gtheodoulosgtheodoulos Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    This is going beyond being a normal lag issue....

It appears to me that there's a major communication conflict on on here. The STO server can talk to my client, but it's acting like the server cannot receive anything from my end.

Is there a way we can contact tech support here???

Back in the 90s, you had to pay extra to get tech support. After spending over a full week wrestling with this issue, I wouldn't mind speaking with a service tech who knows the back end.
  • Options
    aldouscaldousc Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Its a lag problem. I have the same problem. Damn game is unplayable now.
  • Options
    askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    This is going beyond being a normal lag issue....

It appears to me that there's a major communication conflict on on here. The STO server can talk to my client, but it's acting like the server cannot receive anything from my end.

Is there a way we can contact tech support here???

Back in the 90s, you had to pay extra to get tech support. After spending over a full week wrestling with this issue, I wouldn't mind speaking with a service tech who knows the back end.

The official tech support forums are at http://techsupport.perfectworld.com
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

• Options
    gtheodoulosgtheodoulos Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    @askray -

Thank you!!