test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

STO have a problem with Win8.1?

I'm having a problem as of late where STO will be running just fine and suddenly will drop to the desktop... No error messages or anything, will just simply "disappear". I just recently installed Windows 8.1 x64 when I installed a new SSD, that has been the only change to my system. Previously when I was running Windows 7 x64 during the anniversary event I could play for hours on end with no difficulties, but I got a little tired mid-way through with the grinding away for the Q marks and took a break until last night.

So previously, was running Win7 x64 Ultimate on an Intel 80GB SSD, and switched out for a SanDisk 128GB SSD w/Win8.1 x64 Pro, no other changes in hardware. I have been able to play several other games for hours on Win8.1 with no difficulties at all, such as Defiance, Stick of Truth, and Transformers: Fall of Cybertron.

System specs:

AMD FX 6100 (not overclocked)
Vengance RAM 1600Mhz 8GB (not overclocked)
Xonar DG sound card
128GB SanDisk SSD and 2TB Hitachi HDD
PNY 660 TI (not overclocked)

EDIT: Oh yeah, I did also run a file check through the launcher and it found no problems as well...
Post edited by warborg on

Comments

• Options
    omni1964omni1964 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I have windows 8.1 and STO works fine for me for the last 6 months so I doubt that is the problem.
  • Options
    jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    omni1964 wrote: »
    I have windows 8.1 and STO works fine for me for the last 6 months so I doubt that is the problem.

Have run STO on two machines with 8.1 so it can't be thats
    JtaDmwW.png
  • Options
    warborgwarborg Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Hmm, ok... So it's not the OS itself... Did any of you have to set up any compatibility settings or anything special at all?