test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Season 9 Dev Blog #3: Reputation System Redesign (Updated OP)

Comments

• cptwilliam2cptwilliam2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    If this goes live as it sounds (MAKING REP NOT SUCH A CHORE), I may actually do rep on my characters.

I did Rom Rep on one character and haven't touched another one since.
    Join Legends Memorial, a chat channel to share stories about the legends of Trek who are no longer with us.
  • kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Am I reading this right? All these projects will no longer require such irritating amounts of hypos, large regenerators and dilithium. I'll just need marks, ecs and xp? And I won't have to mess with the exchange unless I need to earn ecs?

If so, I might actually do a reputation project.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    HEY. Don't tease us man, what are the changes for the Romulan sets???? :D

I mean those sets are in serious need of help so don't keep up the suspense, what are the plans? Is that gonna be in a blog later this week? I'm droolin over here!!!!

covoc wrote: »
    What will be the fate of any half-completed reputation projects (e.g. slotted, partially filled) when the new rep system goes live?

I realize simple answer would be to complete prior to go-live... but not enough Dilithium yet is not enough Dilithium yet.

They answered that. It will remain until you complete them, but you won't be able to slot any new ones.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Since I can't just give a one word response, here is my obligatory filler text.

And now, the word:

"YAY!"

(I'm really, really glad this is rolling out to all of the Reputations! Especially for the sake of my alts!)
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • litchy74litchy74 Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Would there be any chance to get a set upgrade project, like nukara ones where you trade in your old tholian gear for the new sets. This would be great for us upgrading our old XI and X space/ground sets to XII. I know I've got a few X and XI pieces that would become redundant otherwise.
    Where ever you go, there you are.......

Join The Space Invaders,..... Federation and KDF fleets.
  • kalvorax#3775 kalvorax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    No more XP grinding, no more ridiculous items to use and *GASP* Romulan and Reman space gear being BETTER?!

Someone pinch me, I must be dreaming!

*PINCH*

still have to grind for xp
    All reputations will have their Large and Small XP projects replaced with a Daily and an Hourly XP project. Each of these projects requires the following:

-Marks
    -Expertise
    -Energy Credits

Thanks cryptic....when will S9 be here XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
  • worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    So, season 9 so far:

Undine (YMMV).

Reputation revamp (+ infinity).

One FE (bleah).

Kit revamp, possible PVP revamp (+ 1000).

Terradome returns, at least according to rumors (+ 10 mil).

All in all, I am a fan.
  • jack24bau3rjack24bau3r Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Q1: Please release more information with regards to the updated Reman/Romulan/Nukara space sets.

Q2: Will a MK 12 version of the Breen Space Set be released into the lobistore?

Q3: Will Omega Rep/Romulan Rep/Nukara Reps be retrofitted with a warp/sing core to be more in like with Dyson Rep?

Q4: With these daily marks being released, what other changes are planned for existing queues and their rewards. For instance, will I still receive a minimum of 60 Omega Marks for running a ESTF? Will an epohh elder still grant me 400 Romulan Marks?

Q5: It is no secret that Romulan Reputation has the most tedious and annoying queues, all of which are time gated which is a huge turn off for players. Is there a retrofit of these queues in the works or the possibility of new queues that will make players hate life less?

Q6: Are there any plans to either scale existing content up or add a new difficulty entirely for current elite queues/nws? Players are at the point where your elite content is trivialized. With this new rep, ISE will be done in less than a minute. CSE and HSE are both already sub2 minutes, NWS has been 3 manned for the win, on every possible species.
    edited March 2014
    scipher wrote: »
    For the love of God PLEASE upgrade the Breen space set to MK XII in the rep system or throught the LOBI store but please pick one. That set needs to be upgraded baddly for all the people who own Breen ships and who would like to have that races set for their ships. PLEASE!!!!

The Breen set has nothing to do with Reputations. The Deflector/Impulse/Shield set is from the Deferi/Breen FE's. The Breen Winter ships have a universal console set.

I'm guessing no changes whatsoever in how Events work, and no changes for the Breen set.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
  • dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    worffan101 wrote: »
    So, season 9 so far:

Undine (YMMV).

Reputation revamp (+ infinity).

One FE (bleah).

Kit revamp, possible PVP revamp (+ 1000).

Terradome returns, at least according to rumors (+ 10 mil).

All in all, I am a fan.

revamp to the unidine missions too. assimilated, etc, taking place after the new featured ep and making sense in the current story
    edited March 2014
    cynder2012 wrote: »
    Thanks cryptic....when will S9 be here XD

April. I forget the actual release date.

EDIT: No release date given beyond Late April (S9 Dev Blog #1)
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    captaind3 wrote: »
    When I saw that Commendations we hardly knew ye I braced for the worst.

I have to say though, I'm greatly pleased with these changes. Along with the incoming modular kit changes
    Now that you mention it - I wouldn't be surprised if those reputation item packs will also contain kit modules - would totally make sense and be a great way to give people access to more of them.

Of course, I could be wrong.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • colrexcolrex Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Well I would very like dilithium per day refining increased with at least two thousand please. It taks too long time to get any equipment on fleet equipment and such. It would make life easier in star trek
  • entnx01entnx01 Member Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I have a question...will STFs keep their current rewards and give these Daily Bonus Marks?
  • gooddaytodie39gooddaytodie39 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Sounds like some great improvements. I liked the instant item drops for filling "a bucket" in the Dyson rep. Although I usually wouldn't keep the stuff it did let me try it out and see if I liked it before plunking down the dils.

Thanks!
  • ufpterrellufpterrell Member Posts: 736 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    At first I was really concerned about the removal of the commendations, being able to do the joint command daily really quickly was a great way to level my Dyson rep since I haven't had much play time recently. However, if we're getting the marks needed for both projects with just one mission that may be better, since if you wanted to get some equipment at some point you would have a way to get the required marks easily.

Glad to see the other rep trees getting the same treatment, will probably make things easier to complete on other characters now. Really lagging behind on rep, only have Romulan and Omega at tier 5 Nukara I never did because I hated grinding the ground missions. If I can complete the projects just by doing one mission (say CE) then this will be a massive improvement.
    Terrell.png

Looking for a dedicated Star Trek community? Visit www.ufplanets.com for details.
  • hajmyishajmyis Member Posts: 405 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    It sounds great, but however one small request

the projects that take marks or implants/BNP for dili; can they please have an option to donate all marks at once with a 5sec completion time?

trying to donate 80k omega marks is a little time consuming
    "Frankly, not sure why you're on a one man nerf campaign. "
  • ramadmaniakidramadmaniakid Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Ok so your updating the armour sets requirements and so forth so while your at it can you please please please fix this age old bugs with omega set costume unlock
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=616691
  • organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I didn't understand the whole Blog.

Never done STFs, Reputation things, or Battle Zones to get Marks.

Maybe thats the problem I didn't understand the Blog.

I have finished. Thanks for reading.

God bless you.
    edited March 2014
    Sounds like some great improvements. I liked the instant item drops for filling "a bucket" in the Dyson rep. Although I usually wouldn't keep the stuff it did let me try it out and see if I liked it before plunking down the dils.

Thanks!

Now we know the OTHER reason they increased inventory and bank slots :D
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2014
    I am glad to see several of the Dyson Rep improvements being rolled out to the older rep systems. The addition of the sponsorship tokens was a major win for me because it spurred me on to finish reps on a few more of my alts and now have 5/14 sitting with tier 5 in all current rep systems.

These changes will hopefully make it easier for the others to complete them.

I also like that the Dilithium store unlock projects are going. Personally, I never unlocked anything in the stores because I just did not see the value in paying to unlock items I had to pay more for to buy.

Also nice to see the sets are removing lower level items (MK XI and below). The only part of that I will miss is for the Omega rep I usually picked up the MK X MACO or OMEGA set just to get the integral remodulator quicker.

That said, I do have a couple of small concerns;

1, The Dyson rep daily project currently only requires a single commendation. According to that blog, we'll now also need to add EXP and EC to the daily project... That kind of sucks (I know, probably not a huge deal for the older reps but for the Dyson rep it allowed me to work through it on toons I wasn't even earning 1K of EC with a day)

2, You mention the hourly rep projects can now only be run a 'handful' (an actual number instead of 'handful' would be helpful here) of times each day. Why? All I can see in that is an attempt to slow progression of the rep system. I mean, if I earn several hundred marks in a day, shouldn't I be able to advance faster than somebody who earns the bare minimum?
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • heavensrunheavensrun Member Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    tpalelena wrote: »
    Let me analyze this. It is mostly good, but I got some problems.

Good:
    -No commodities needed for older reps.
    -The Nukara set was fine, but the reman/Romulan did need a big buff.
    -Costume unlock improvement.
    -No more store unlocks.
    -Reward packs.

Bad:
    -No more commendation projects.
    -Expertise cost for Dyson rep. Expertise cost for reps is the worst part of it all, worse then mark or EC grind needs.

The big problem is the Expertise cost. If the 2500 XP project only needed marks, this would not be trouble.

. . . (BLINK)

I have basically infinite expertise on every single one of my characters. I don't even -think- about the expertise bar once my character has been 50 for like, a week. what game are you -PLAYING-?

(edit: in retrospect, this post looks a little dickish, but I really am boggled by the notion that EXP is hard for someone to get. For me, it comes in -so- much faster than I use it, even when I'm not playing regularly.)
  • majortiraomegamajortiraomega Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I am very happy to see this change coming with Season 9. However, I will miss the once daily commendation project at Tier V that rewards 820 dilithium and 20 marks. Is there any chance we could get a similar project rewarding a considerable amount of dilithium per day? Also, would it be possible to convert those 15 second marks/implants/processor projects into a store form. Just a simple reputation store item that allows players to convert their marks, proccors, and implants to dilithium without waiting a tedious 15 seconds in between. Even with the Dyson reputation system, that is the one thing I hate sitting around waiting for it to finish.

The upcoming changes to the Nukara and New Romulus Reputation systems could prove to be very interesting. Would it be possible to also look at the Omega Shield, the Adapted MACO Shield, and the Borg Shield? It would be nice if all three had +10% All Energy Damage Resistance; similar to the MACO, Solanae, Dyson, and Jem'hadar Shields. On the ground side, would it be possible to look at the Omega set? The Omega Ground Shield is inferior to the Shattering Harmonics Ground Shield. The Omega Shield ability provides an expose chance instead of +5% All Energy Damage Resistance and +25% All Environmental Damage Resistance. That Omega shield proc doesn't stack if the team has a player using the full MACO set to provide Tactical Readyness. Also the Omega set two piece bonus, Distortion Field, has been scaling on the Mk X stats since Season 8. It also now has the stealth portion of the bonus break the second a player performs any action. This effectively makes the bonus inferior to the MACO and Adapted MACO healing two piece bonuses.

That is all the feedback I have, other than that I am looking forward to this excellent change to the reputation system. Thanks Cryptic.
    --->Ground PvP Concerns Directory 4.0
    --->Ground Combat General Bugs Directory
    Real join date: March 2012 / PvP Veteran since May 2012 (Ground and Space)
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,148 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Seeing as I expect these this bleed my expertise completely... Old mirror invasion please.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Okay, here's a twisted concern...and yes, I'm posting this from a heavily guarded and fortified location because I know it will not be popular in the least.

Will there be enough to do? Will there be a reason to play?

As much as folks tend to complain about the grinds, what do we have to do other than them?

Picture somebody that's T5 across the board, in a T5 fleet, have DOFF'd out the wahzoo, and well - what do they have to do?

All those grinds...have been a reason to continue logging into the game. With the endgame basically being about grind, with reduced grind/easier grinding - what will be the point of endgame?

Yes, there are players that complain about needing to have everything by a week ago last Thursday - but what do they think they're going to do once everything is done?

Does STO just become a 3D chatroom for lonely folks? Move over Match.com and eHarmony - it's STO, finding love in 2409?

So are there any plans in the works for improvements to PvP or the Foundry...which would be part of a robust endgame where participating in them are rewards in of themselves...unlike the general endgame in STO which is basically gathering rewards for various grinds - that - well, you've been working on reducing?

"Hey, I'm going to log into STO so I can..." that pause "...hrmm, just why am I going to log in again?"

Unless content production is being ramped up...there are going to be some major dry spells unless folks actually have something to do...

I get the massive focus on the new player, but once again - like so many other things - this comes off as ignoring the "not-new player"...

...so maybe some PvP and Foundry love down the road? Just a thought.
  • onyxheart1onyxheart1 Member Posts: 347 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I just wonder how this will affect projects i already have slotted?

on my main fed toon for instance, i have projects going for the Adapted MACO space set, but i haven't yet filled them out completely, how will the changes to the rep and how you unlock item sets affect me then?
    KDF for Life! <3 Romulan at Heart <3 Fed cause they made me ~ :P
    signature-omega.png
  • worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Just my personal experience: I've never had issues with XP.

That's just me, who replays story missions regularly, though.
  • timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    heavensrun wrote: »
    . . . (BLINK)

I have basically infinite expertise on every single one of my characters. I don't even think- about the expertise bar once my character has been 50 for like, a week. what game are you -PLAYING-?

It's probably a problem if you are running a starbase with 4 holdings as a side project. ;)
    11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2014
    heavensrun wrote: »
    . . . (BLINK)

I have basically infinite expertise on every single one of my characters. I don't even think- about the expertise bar once my character has been 50 for like, a week. what game are you -PLAYING-?

It's likely you don't belong to a small fleet. Try being one of only two or three active contributors when it comes to Fleet projects that need millions of XP. :P
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • xiaoping88xiaoping88 Member Posts: 1,493 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Sounds good.

Only one thing: don't mess up the Romulan Impulse Engine and the Nukara Beam console.
    Those two items are extemely nice as they are!
    Reality is an illusion.
    The universe is a hologram.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!