test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Season 9 Dev Blog #3: Reputation System Redesign (Updated OP)

Comments

• Options
    skk1701jskk1701j Member Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    We're investigating solutions for existing players with half-completed Accolades in this area. Possibly auto-completing them if you only have one piece of the set, or something like that. We don't want a player that has invested into the system to lose anything they've worked toward, but we're not completely certain on how to address it just yet.

For newer players, these Accolades will likely become un-discoverable, no longer appearing in their Journal, and no longer being something they can even begin, much less complete.

Pre Reputation the lower accolade autocomplete when the higher ones are done. As I made my MK XII omega I got the MK XI and MK X Accolade. Don't know how it is now, because without doing ground and stf I didn't do the rep with my second char.

PS: My MACO Commando and Omega Force Shadow Operative from pre reputation is still not completed (-> long Bug thread).

Edit: Just keep the Items project. On Rom you get the MK X Shield from a Mission. The other parts of the set can be resived from the reputation. Or may place them in the dili store, if you remove the rep projects.

Edit2: If you get boxes for free, they can include the MK X and MK XI stuff besides the store. The Dyson Rep boxes sucks. I recycled all consoles, ground items and most of the ship weapons. They were weaker then regular/set MX XII gear.
  • Options
    allanon1974allanon1974 Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited March 2014

This was a stretch goal for us for this feature that we didn't hit unfortunately. I really wanted to make all space sets in reps have a warp core. The biggest hurdle was finding time to design and implement interesting 4 piece bonuses that would both be interesting and not require art.

And what if you start a contest with the players for designing the missing warp cores-set bonuses?
    • Options
      frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
      edited March 2014
      We're investigating solutions for existing players with half-completed Accolades in this area. Possibly auto-completing them if you only have one piece of the set, or something like that. We don't want a player that has invested into the system to lose anything they've worked toward, but we're not completely certain on how to address it just yet.

For newer players, these Accolades will likely become un-discoverable, no longer appearing in their Journal, and no longer being something they can even begin, much less complete.

Thanks for the update, borticus. As you are probably aware, many players who had partially completed the accolades before the introduction of the rep system cannot unlock the associated costumes. I hope that this bug will eventually be fixed.

Question: Will the reputation stores be automatically unlocked for existing characters who have already completed the reputations?
      bareel wrote: »
      Q: Will their be a visible cooldown of these 'bonus' mark boxes or will it remain like the Daily Commendation where the player must track it?
      Due to the way we had to set these reward packs up, no there will not be a visible cooldown. It might be possible to add this later though. We'll have to see.i

I, too, would like to see a cooldown timer for the daily bonus marks.
      Waiting for a programmer ...
      qVpg1km.png
    • Options
      dova25dova25 Member Posts: 475
      edited March 2014
      About the new reputation system changes in my opinion there are some good and some bad changes

Bad :

- Joint Command Reputation being taken out will make more harder to finish Dyson reputation (in as playing more time the same old content as it is now)
      Now you could get fast ,as in 5 minute, a joint command point and start a 20 hour reputation task .
      From season 9 you will have to play around 20 minutes for the same thing so more grind in the end.

-About not upgrading old stuff i think the space borg parts MK XI should be upgraded to MK XII for older chars who had to turn in a lot of prototypes and got some borg rep marks +dili +borg procesors in exchange
      Those chars couldn't buy MK XII then because MK XI was the top equipment before first reputation change so if now everything it is upgraded at least space borg MK XI should be upgraded to MK XII for those chars
      (I have 2 starter chars that lost a lot in that exchange ,the rest had the choice to buy MK XII so for them it is ok to not to upgrade.)

Good :

-Nukara and Romulan reputation should get easier than it is now in theory.

Finally I think I will try to finish Dyson reputation on all my chars before season 9.
      (if I want to PVP with my chars I need all reputation perks so i have to grind even if I don't enjoy it at all doing the same stuff again and again )
      "There already is a Borg faction, its called the Federation. They assimilate everyone else's technology and remove any biological or technical distinctiveness and add it to their own."
      I refuse to be content https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwI0u9L4R8U
    • Options
      ghobepongghobepong Member Posts: 136 Arc User
      edited March 2014
      Okay, so let me understand this here. In the best manners to even comprehend. They introduced "Commendations" as a means to speed up reputation events based on "participation". Yet, after some controversy they decide to "delete" commendations? BRILLIANT PERFECTWORLD JUST BRILLIANT! Now we know where this is going and I for one can see this here.

1. TRIBBLE speeding up the reputation system, "simplification" means EC, Marks, and XP.

Okay so the XP and Marks not too hard to get. But "just exactly" how much is EC going to cost now in the reputation system to complete the dang reputation. I mean shoot already is cost a bunch for purchasing items from the Replicator just to even submit a report to earn the Marks and XP to even complete the Tier in the first place. "Genius"? I think not.

2. Speeding up the reputation system and simplifying it.

So things don't go exactly as according to plan as they thought with the whole Commendations and therefore ditch the attempt. Yeah we "all" know the real reason why. Commendations + Participation= Reputation Finished. However what is also known that well Reputation finished + Quick Projects= Lose of Revenue in game. This is what I mean here. If the projects are completed quickly, okay? What that means is then marks, processors, etc etc. Would mean that those stockpiled items for a person completing those Tier Projects itself would mean all processors and marks could be cashed in for Dylithium. Now in turn if players have stock piles of Dylithum, then in turn would factor they could cash in that for Zen and thus not have to pay for Zen.

Well in twisting the words of Ray Stevens,

"You voted for ditching Commendations, we're voting against your Recommendations. We the People have awaken to your tricks. You voted to ditch it with out a care? We're planning to move out of here. For We the People are tired of this."

Yup I think there is no better way to simplify Perfectworld like Congress. If it is something to make money or always make it overrated they will most certainly do it.

Now with that said, the Tier unlocks well that's left to be observed then judged. Still I think honestly the whole reputation is left to be taken with a grain of salt when it is released. And like anything Perfectworld is known for well they are not really that perfect when it comes to testing, and double checking their work before a release date. I mean heck look at the "Legacy of Romulus" with all the bugs. And still to this day the glitches that exist with the game.

Cured Space: All ships with beam weapons able to blow out the event while tacts with cannons don't do anything or appear as obsolete.

Events: How many times since the Dyson Season 8 came out has it been making a person work hard on a fleet build appear oh yeah you are not worth anything on the team with that ship.

What about rebalancing STF's, PVP, and of course giving some classes a real purpose in the game. Course no they fail to do this because they have a reputation of "Lipstick on a Pig". BRILLIANT!
    • Options
      timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
      edited March 2014
      ghobepong wrote: »
      Now in turn if players have stock piles of Dylithum, then in turn would factor they could cash in that for Zen and thus not have to pay for Zen.

Where do you think your "free" ZEN on the exchange come from? Those ZEN have already been paid for by someone else!
      11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg
    • Options
      kurumimorishitakurumimorishita Member Posts: 1,410 Arc User
      edited March 2014
      Omega reward packs will indeed have a small chance for a Borg Neural Processor! Good question!

Ha! That's the answer I was hoping for.. many thanks - love the changes!!
      "We might get pretty singed at that range, but not as singed as they're going to get. Engage."
      - Captain Six of Nine aka Ashley "Don't Call Me Ash" Campbell
      q4F10XV.jpg
      ALWAYS OUTNUMBERED, NEVER OUTGUNNED
    • Options
      projectfrontierprojectfrontier Member Posts: 0 Arc User
      edited March 2014
      System Designer Phil “Gorngonzolla” Zeleski reveals details on the upcoming release of the Reputation System Redesign in this entry of the Season 9 News Dev Blog series.

Link to the blog.

~CaptainSmirk
      Commendations We Hardly Knew Ye

The Dyson Joint Command Reputation introduced a new kind of asset called Dyson Joint Command Commendations. After a bit of iteration, these commendations ended up being awarded whenever the player completed their first piece of Dyson Joint Command content. This asset was then put into the Dyson Joint Command daily experience project to award a large chunk of reputation XP.

Our intention with this new asset was to give players a daily reward for doing a single piece of content of their choice, which would ultimately grant a large reputation XP boost. So, essentially Commendations were intended to be a progression asset while Marks were intended to be an equipment purchasing asset. Ultimately, after a bit of data-mining, listening to player feedback, and experiencing the flow of the Dyson Joint Command first hand, we’ve decided to ditch Commendations entirely and keep things nice and simple. Reputations will have Marks as their single asset for XP projects, with certain Elite commodities (such as Borg Neural Processors and Voth Cybernetic Implants) remaining a necessity only for the most top-end gear projects.

Wait what, you're getting rid of the one thing that made sense? The whole "GOOD JOB CAPTAIN, HAVE A COOKIE!"?

Tell me you're putting Borg Neurals and Voth Cybernetics and all TRIBBLE like this into the currency pile at least?

*reads rest of post*

Nope, still wasting my space with your need to sell space.

Speaking of space, when will the space slot expansions and doff expansions be account wide unlocks?
      Reward Packs

One of my personal favorite features of the Dyson Joint Command reputation was the introduction of Reward Packs. (...) We decided these rewards felt good and we’ve introduced them to all other reputations as well.

Dilithium Store Unlocks

Another feature of the Dyson Joint Command reputation was the removal of reputation Dilithium Store Unlock projects. Instead, these stores are awarded as you unlock Tiers in a reputation. (...)

WOAH, WOAH, HOLD YER HORSES THERE! Are you telling us that you're removing the need to buy the privilege to buy after grinding up to the need to need to buy for the privilege to buy from all of the reputation systems? And are you inferring that that is tied to the "good" response people had to the "here, have a cookie!" packs you give out when they fill some time-lock slots? Packs that you think "felt good" so much so that you're dumping them into all the reputation system elements in the hopes people will forget the need to buy the privilege to buy after grinding up to the need to need to buy for the privilege to buy from all of the reputation systems?
      Costume Unlocks

We’ve reduced the cost on all ground costume unlock projects to only require 5 Marks. Going forward new reputations will automatically award these costume unlocks upon meeting their requirements.

E.g.: collecting all three pieces of a ground set automatically awards you with a costume unlock.

Hey cool, while you're "stepping backwards to the pre-reputation system" (go Metrics!) can you go that extra mile and bring ROXY back into business for not only those players who are not interested in "buying their end-game equipment", but those players who enjoy the "thrill of actually receiving good gear for doing something in game actively" (which may very well be everyone)?
    • Options
      venkouvenkou Member Posts: 0 Arc User
      edited March 2014
      You do know that you don't have to do the equipment projects to get tiered in a Reputation, I hope? So, your "fear" is nullified just by that fact...
      I personally do not like throwing money away. Why would you spend money on a game, which does not reward you in a satisfactory manner?

How long will it take the average player to complete a reputation system? Two to three months? Without some type of 'substantial' reward? No thanks.

MK X and MK XI were tools in which helped casual players.

You see... I am not a player who has ADHD or a obsessive compulsive disorder; therefore, the amount of time I play "Star Trek: Online" is regulated and normalized. I also have a full time job. As I played through "Star Trek: Online", during the weekends, the Mk X and Mk XI gear gave me short term goals. Once those short term goals are gone, the sense of fulfillment will fade away. I will have no more reasons to play, for the long term goals will be too far away.

Keep in mind that I only have one avatar. If Cryptic wants me to buy into another avatar, they will need to present me with short term goals. I am not 'demanding' that they make certain changes; however, I am asking them to keep the 'casual' player in mind.

I am a "Star Trek" fan.

I am not an MMO fan.

Since "Star Trek: Online" is currently the only franchise game, the only option I have is to ask Cryptic to consider the casual player. When I saw "Wrath of Khan" in theaters, I was around the age of six years old. I have been dying for an open world "Star Trek" game. Only one problem... "Star Trek: Online" does not take the casual player into consideration.

I have Cryptic's biased fans and Cryptic telling me that I cannot play the game casually. Would Gene Roddenberry want people to be excluded, or would he open the door for every type of fan?

Obsessive grinding does not make a 'Star Trek' game.
      Excluding certain types of fans is in contradiction of 'Star Trek's' philosophies.

I am willing to pay for my share, for as long as I get a sense of fulfillment.

Mk X and Mk XI gear gave me short term goals, which my future avatars and bridge officers could quickly obtain.

Now, "Star Trek: Online" is for people with obsessive compulsive disorders and gambling addictions.

Do you think that is fair to all 'Star Trek' fans?

Do you even call that a "Star Trek" game?

Remember that I am a 'Star Trek' fan. I am not an MMO fan.

I do not want to be excluded from a game, which is connected to a franchise about inclusion.

Is that too much to ask?
    • Options
      bridgernbridgern Member Posts: 709 Arc User
      edited March 2014
      I like the changes the only sad part for me is the removal of the MK-X MACO Gound Set just for the simple reason that it is thebest set for your Boffs.
      Bridger.png
    • Options
      captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
      edited March 2014
      Putting out there, they've also removed store unlocks, so like with Dyson rep you no longer have to buy access to equipment stores.
      eatsmart wrote: »
      Could you please leave the omega rep lower mk gear in? The ground gear in particular should stay in. It makes no sense to only unlock gear tuned for fighting the borg after you've run out of the need for it... Picking the gear up in mk X format after 2-3 days, and using that gear for the next 20-30 while you level through the rep is very helpful.

The retro-stf space gear (aka assimilated set) is also handy as something you throw on to your ship as a starter set, and once you've unlocked xii you put the lower grade gear on your shuttle.

I dont see the problem with leaving these items in. The art assets are there, the items are already statted and coded.
      This is a good point. Especially for people who like ground, being able to access the full set at a lower tier is just good business. I didn't even try a ground STF until I had completed my Mk X ground set, it just made sense.
      senselocke wrote: »
      Uh... what planet are we on?

I talked to several dozen fleetmates--NO ONE disliked the Commendations. In fact, everyone liked them, and was hoping the system would apply retroactively to every other rep system.

It was dead simple--do ANYTHING and get your daily, then just play for fun to get marks.

And it avoided the main issue people have with Romulan and Nukura Rep--that there is NOTHING WORTH RUNNING COMPARED TO OMEGA.

Seriously--Romulan Rep is soul-crushingly bad compared to Omega. No Dilithium, the Dailies are obnoxious and long, the Space missions give truly pathetic rewards, the Ground area is the worst stereotypes about MMO grinding all rolled into one. The only truly viable ways to get Romulan marks were chasing around rabbits--and waiting WEEKS to actually get marks from them--or Mine Trap, which no one plays because you killed Bonus Marks events. Ooh, ooh, and the Red Alert which is broken/empty 80% of the time!

Nukura isn't quite so bad--Crystalline is popular, and you can grind several hundred on ground. But it's still not as varied, nor as often played.

So, you put in place a better system, then removed it. Why not just keep Commendations, and let people at max Rep turn them into Marks/Dilithium? I heart literally no one complain about Commendations--nothing but praise for the more streamlined, more rewarding Dyson rep. It WAS simpler, it WAS NOT confusing, and it let people actually enjoy the content, save Marks for gear, and be able to log in and finish Rep grind quickly if they didn't have time.

Removing them does... what? Sorry, I read and re-read that paragraph, and I can't find any actual reason for doing so. Commendations were better in every way. Commendations WERE "nice and simple", using marks for rep grind was/is obnoxious, slow, and frankly depressing (short Omega). I don't know which player feedback you were listening to, but it seems odd that none of the hundreds of people I talked to about it in the last several months had anything bad to say, yet you heard enough to mark it as needing rollback/revision.

Now, taking away Commodities and just using EC, Marks, and XP? Great.
      Adding equipment/dilithium rewards? Also great.

But unless somewhere in this mess are ELITE SPACE VARIANTS OF ROMULAN MISSIONS, that award marks and Dilithium on par with Omega (or at least close), you cane expect Romulan queues to remain dismal.

Everything after the first two sections is great--but losing Commendations is not an improvement in any way. Please reconsider.

This isn't about our feedback on Commendations. It wasn't doing something the devs wanted to get out of the system. And regardless of our feedback if they feel that something isn't working the way they wanted they're gonna change it. What that could be however I'm not certain. But this game has never been a democracy.

That said, the primary change is the addition of EC and expertise requirements to the daily. They're giving you the marks you need for free. Now there are people who say they have problems with holding Exp on Alts and with that I sympathize, but EC isn't exactly scarce. We're talking less than 10k EC if we're looking at the current Dyson rep project is anything to go by.

Your issues with the Romulan Rep isn't the fault of the rep system, it's the fault of the Romulan missions period. And you're absolutely correct. The majority of the Romulan missions are convoluted compared to the missions in other reps. If you look at time investment the rewards are in a word, paltry. The daily ground missions give pitiful rewards. The missions that you unlock as you progress through Romulan Rep the story missions, are excellent full blooded missions. But even the tier 4 with a decent boss fight rewards...10 Romulan marks. And NO dilithium. The Deferi sector dailies are vastly superior in rewards and the New Romulus ground missions are higher quality missions in every way, more story, longer, harder fight. They should have comparable rewards. The Tau Dewa Patrol is long and can be very tough depending on your build and what fights you get into. 60 marks is respectable, though when I was grinding it, it was only doing the bonus marks hours so it would be 75. But no dilithium? Is that a way of saying the Republic doesn't have enough dilithium? It makes no sense. I appreciate that the team is upgrading the Romulan/Reman sets which are desperately in need of an upgrade...any thought to differentiating them? But the Romulan missions need a much better reward base if this is gonna really work.

A suggestion. Make each individual Tau Dewa Mission capable of handing out the bonus marks so you can run projects. But make the overall patrol a wrapper mission that on 100% completion hands out the 60 marks and 1440 dilithium like Aiding the Deferi does. This way you can provide comparable rewards for comparable work without having to come up with new missions. And please up the rewards on The Vault Ensnared. Even adding a dilithium reward would help.

Losing commendations are not optimal, but they know everyone loves them. They really haven't explained why they're taking them out, but I doubt they're gonna change their mind on this one.

dova25 wrote: »
      About the new reputation system changes in my opinion there are some good and some bad changes

Bad :

- Joint Command Reputation being taken out will make more harder to finish Dyson reputation (in as playing more time the same old content as it is now)
      Now you could get fast ,as in 5 minute, a joint command point and start a 20 hour reputation task .
      From season 9 you will have to play around 20 minutes for the same thing so more grind in the end.

This is incorrect. You'll get the mark bonus from the exact same missions that handed out the commendation.

If your issue is Expertise or EC, then I can't help you on that one. Even my weakest alt has 1.5 million EC and a million Expertise. My fleet is only approaching tier 3 though, I suppose at tier 4 I'll be in trouble too.
      -About not upgrading old stuff i think the space borg parts MK XI should be upgraded to MK XII for older chars who had to turn in a lot of prototypes and got some borg rep marks +dili +borg procesors in exchange
      Those chars couldn't buy MK XII then because MK XI was the top equipment before first reputation change so if now everything it is upgraded at least space borg MK XI should be upgraded to MK XII for those chars
      (I have 2 starter chars that lost a lot in that exchange ,the rest had the choice to buy MK XII so for them it is ok to not to upgrade.)

They didn't do that when they first implemented the rep system I doubt they're going to do it now. It would be nice if they did that for them by turning them in like they did for the Tholian gear before Nukara Rep came out where you could register them, but those were items that cost lobi.
      tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
      "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
    • Options
      aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
      edited March 2014
      szim wrote: »
      Concerning Dyson reputation there's really nothing changing at all. Instead of getting 1 Commendation you will now get enough Bonus Marks to fill in a daily and an hourly reputation project. No gain, no loss. They just removed yet another "currency".

Yeah, now will this "Bonus Marks" scheme also hand out enough Expertise and EC to cover those requirements that the Commendations system didn't have? :rolleyes:

More thinking, less Kool-Aid drinking, people.
    • Options
      r5e4w3q2r5e4w3q2 Member Posts: 341 Arc User
      edited March 2014
      These hourly XP projects may be run a handful of times per day. Once that limit has been met, this project will be replaced by an hourly project that instead yields bonus Dilithium instead of reputation XP, in addition to the standard reward pack. There is no limit on how many times this bonus Dilithium project can be run.

I am guessing this daily limit (3 currently I see) is per reputation, so I can in theory do 3 of each rep's hourly xp projects per day, not 3 total. Right?
    • Options
      venkouvenkou Member Posts: 0 Arc User
      edited March 2014
      r5e4w3q2 wrote: »
      I am guessing this daily limit (3 currently I see) is per reputation, so I can in theory do 3 of each rep's hourly xp projects per day, not 3 total. Right?
      Current XP Setup:

Omega Rep System:
      2,000 xp (large project) + 800 xp (small project) = 2,800 xp / 20hrs.

Dyson Rep System:
      2,500 xp (large project) + 140 xp (small project x number of times completed) = 2,500+ xp / 20hrs.

I am betting the new system will be like this:

Omega Rep System:
      2,500 xp (large project) + 100 xp (small project x completing the project three times) = 2,800 xp / 20hrs.

I do not think Cryptic is doing anyone a favor. While you may get slightly more dilithium, the progression of the rep system will remain the same. I think Cryptic is only looking out for Cryptic.

Cryptic's Philosophy: "Star Trek fans be damned! Let's milk the franchise into oblivion!"
    • Options
      jniebaumjniebaum Member Posts: 43 Arc User
      edited March 2014
      captaind3 wrote: »
      This isn't about our feedback on Commendations. It wasn't doing something the devs wanted to get out of the system. And regardless of our feedback if they feel that something isn't working the way they wanted they're gonna change it. What that could be however I'm not certain. But this game has never been a democracy.

I could give a good guess as to why they want to remove it. Commendations don't sell boosters. Marks do. Again this is just a guess.
    • Options
      lystentlystent Member Posts: 1,019
      edited March 2014
      Ditching the commendations will open rep grinders to each and everything that awards dyson marks, instead of being confined to 2 daily missions. I would feel relieved, but I've already done so when I completed my dyson rep.
    • Options
      beldacarbeldacar Member Posts: 30 Arc User
      edited March 2014
      Yeah, now will this "Bonus Marks" scheme also hand out enough Expertise and EC to cover those requirements that the Commendations system didn't have? :rolleyes:

More thinking, less Kool-Aid drinking, people.

Personally, I still can't see how anyone has issues with either EC or Expertise. The game simply showers you with both of these currencies.

As I've said earlier in the thread, I know that Expertise seems to be a big concern for some players; I simply can't understand how their playstyles are failing to accumulate it. Literally every action you can take in the game awards some. Run an STF? Get Expertise. Complete a duty officer assignment? Get Expertise. Blow up a hostile ship? Get Expertise.
    • Options
      tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
      edited March 2014
      beldacar wrote: »
      Personally, I still can't see how anyone has issues with either EC or Expertise. The game simply showers you with both of these currencies.

As I've said earlier in the thread, I know that Expertise seems to be a big concern for some players; I simply can't understand how their playstyles are failing to accumulate it. Literally every action you can take in the game awards some. Run an STF? Get Expertise. Complete a duty officer assignment? Get Expertise. Blow up a hostile ship? Get Expertise.

Awards SOME, as you said. Some. 20 hour doff missions award like 600. A new crappy MU event awards 6k per 18 minutes.

EC is not that easy to come by, but for example, MU drops it quite well, even if its not that good Expertise wise.

Still, for alts, this is a problem. With a commendation, you had to do ONE Mission. Now you need THREE things, Marks, Expertise and credits. Not going to be able to get those all in one mission, dude.

As long as you get ONE character, and several hours to spend on it, this is not a problem for you.
      Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
    • Options
      sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
      edited March 2014
      beldacar wrote: »

In about 2 years of playing I have a grand total of 36 million ec for my main
      (probably spent in the ballpark of 30 million)
      and 3 million expertise.

I have 13 million ec for my kdf and
      1.5 million expertise (thank you last days of old mirror) in 4 or 5 months of solid play.

Sounds ok - but if I buy anything or am able to contribute any experience to fleet
      I look up and see I'm down to 700,000 experience for the kdf. Blink again and it's down to 400,000.
      What if I make a Romulan now without mirror. She'll be forever broke.

If my main wants to save up for a good ship it'll take another 3 years.

So, no, I'm not swimming in expertise or ec. Not at all. Most things give almost no expertise.
      Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
      khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
      edited March 2014
      venkou wrote: »
      Current XP Setup:

Omega Rep System:
      2,000 xp (large project) + 800 xp (small project) = 2,800 xp / 20hrs.

Dyson Rep System:
      2,500 xp (large project) + 140 xp (small project x number of times completed) = 2,500+ xp / 20hrs.

I am betting the new system will be like this:

Omega Rep System:
      2,500 xp (large project) + 100 xp (small project x completing the project three times) = 2,800 xp / 20hrs.

I do not think Cryptic is doing anyone a favor. While you may get slightly more dilithium, the progression of the rep system will remain the same. I think Cryptic is only looking out for Cryptic.

Cryptic's Philosophy: "Star Trek fans be damned! Let's milk the franchise into oblivion!"

Though your numbers are flawed because they already said the hourly project will result in 200 XP. So two of them a day plus the daily project and you get 2,900 XP /20 hours.
      Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
      True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
    • Options
      captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
      edited March 2014
      jniebaum wrote: »
      I could give a good guess as to why they want to remove it. Commendations don't sell boosters. Marks do. Again this is just a guess.
      I've never spent one gold zen or silver Cryptic point on them so I don't know about that.
      tpalelena wrote: »
      Awards SOME, as you said. Some. 20 hour doff missions award like 600. A new crappy MU event awards 6k per 18 minutes.

EC is not that easy to come by, but for example, MU drops it quite well, even if its not that good Expertise wise.

Still, for alts, this is a problem. With a commendation, you had to do ONE Mission. Now you need THREE things, Marks, Expertise and credits. Not going to be able to get those all in one mission, dude.

As long as you get ONE character, and several hours to spend on it, this is not a problem for you.

Yeah a normal run with a perfect score netted me 7,000 exp. Compared to the 30K I've heard for old Mirror Universe it's pretty weak in that regard, so I see your point. I don't have your problem yet, but I see your point.
      tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
      "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
    • Options
      centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
      edited March 2014
      jniebaum wrote: »

That makes sense, or it would, if mark boosters existed. :P
    • Options
      khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
      edited March 2014
      That makes sense, or it would, if mark boosters existed. :P

They exist, they just aren't directly purchasable. They have a chance to drop from the new lock boxes. So yeah, people can't just outright buy them so the point is kind of moot.
      Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
      True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
    • Options
      wildchild8wildchild8 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
      edited March 2014
      sounds great!

All we need now is a unified mark system, one rep mark to rule them all (inc. fleet marks)

ie, missions reward a single mark type that can be used as and where you please for reputation projects/gear/fleet holdings etc...

advance whatever tract you like at your leisure, omega/romulan/tholian/dyson/fleet command recognises and rewards your work and acknowledges your reputation from all facets of your illustrious career.

changes are still very welcome!
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      www.elitedefensestarfleet.com

/channel_join PublicEliteSTF
      PublicEliteSTF Channel Info: bit.ly/PublicEliteSTFV2
      WE WANT A KDF BOP 3 PACK!!
    • Options
      roninfelroninfel Member Posts: 105 Arc User
      edited March 2014
      So this may have been asked earlier in the thread (didn't want to read 30 pages of comments), but how is cryptic going to redo the accolades associated with the Omega rep system? ie you need the Mk X and XI ground sets to claim two of the accolades. And then the MK XII and MK XII adapted for other two. Are they getting rid of the plain mk XII and just having the adapted?
    • Options
      lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
      edited March 2014
      Well... Since all of my "active" (and most my inactive) characters have completed all the old Reps to T5 and earned any sets/gear/costumes that I could want from them, and I have no intention of ever making another alt (maybe if you make a new faction), I won't get too much out of these changes. I suppose I do have a few toons that need Dyson Rep, and whatever new Reps you have going forward... So that's nice I suppose.

Overall they sound like good improvements. Will know for sure once they go live.

Thanks.

:)

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
    • Options
      skk1701jskk1701j Member Posts: 243 Arc User
      edited March 2014
      roninfel wrote: »
      So this may have been asked earlier in the thread (didn't want to read 30 pages of comments), but how is cryptic going to redo the accolades associated with the Omega rep system? ie you need the Mk X and XI ground sets to claim two of the accolades. And then the MK XII and MK XII adapted for other two. Are they getting rid of the plain mk XII and just having the adapted?

It was mentioned, that they will remove the MK X and MK XI versions and the accolades. Incomplete Accolades maybe get completed as an easy solution. I have the feeling, they never thought about accolade and people just buying MK X to try the set.

I would prefere to keep the sets and make the Items a reward from the boxes you get from starting a rep project and additional put them in the store.

I would have preferred getting an MK X or MK XI version of the Dyson Set instead of a lot of TRIBBLE to recycle.
    • Options
      tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
      edited March 2014
      captaind3 wrote: »
      I've never spent one gold zen or silver Cryptic point on them so I don't know about that.

Yeah a normal run with a perfect score netted me 7,000 exp. Compared to the 30K I've heard for old Mirror Universe it's pretty weak in that regard, so I see your point. I don't have your problem yet, but I see your point.

Yeah, this is a problem if you got a time consuming job, or a lot of alts.

If you got a lot of free time and only one character to work on, the Expertise and the Credits are not a big problem to get.

However, most people I know got at least 3 or 5 characters.

Dyson rep was so popular because it needed no EC or Expertise input, just a commendation.

That is over now.... I feel very lucky that all my characters are going to be tier 5 dyson before this hits. I'm dodging a big bullet.
      Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
    • Options
      elvnswordselvnswords Member Posts: 184 Arc User
      edited March 2014
      So wait, let me figure this out...

If I for example have a mk x Borg Space Set, when this update hits your saying that due to it no longer being available, it would automatically upgrade to the mk XII?
    • Options
      gpgtxgpgtx Member Posts: 1,579 Arc User
      edited March 2014
      wildchild8 wrote: »
      sounds great!

All we need now is a unified mark system, one rep mark to rule them all (inc. fleet marks)

ie, missions reward a single mark type that can be used as and where you please for reputation projects/gear/fleet holdings etc...

advance whatever tract you like at your leisure, omega/romulan/tholian/dyson/fleet command recognises and rewards your work and acknowledges your reputation from all facets of your illustrious career.

changes are still very welcome!

they said the reason for not having one mark to rule them all is people will just farm ISE or other easy mission that gets you lots of marks

i'll be honest i know as soon as they did that that's all i would do after one or two runs of the new content i would then grind what is ever easier
      victoriasig_zps23c45368.jpg