test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New Typhon Carrier with 3 Hangar Bays

gooddaytodie39gooddaytodie39 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2014 in Federation Discussion
I'd like to see a new C-store Fed Carrier with a fleet version. The Typhon could be the first carrier to have three hangar bays to help make up for the fact that fed carriers don't have access to frigates. Sound sexy? Make it so. http://memory-beta.wikia.com/wiki/USS_Typhon
Post edited by gooddaytodie39 on

Comments

• Options
    emacsheadroomemacsheadroom Member Posts: 994 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    It's been asked for countless times before. Will never happen because it's intellectual property belonging to someone else.
  • Options
    peetapipmacpeetapipmac Member Posts: 2,131 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Three hanger fed ship? That would drive the kdf die hards insane. lol:P
    It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • Options
    ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Only if it has a turn-rate of 2
  • Options
    snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Only if it has a turn-rate of 2

The Typhon Pact will never agree to your demands!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    fmgtorres1979fmgtorres1979 Member Posts: 1,327 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    How about...

100000 hull

2.5 shield modifier

+50 to all power levels

5 weapons slot forward, 5 aft

5 eng consoles
    5 science consoles
    5 tactical consoles

I like it, I like it...
  • Options
    kamakaze101kamakaze101 Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Uhhh.............

NO!!!!! If you couldn't tell, the typhoon in sto and the billion other threads is a battle ship, NOT a carrier. Try the Jupiter mate.
  • Options
    kamakaze101kamakaze101 Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    ANNNDDD that's not even the same typhoon.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    How about...

100000 hull

2.5 shield modifier

+50 to all power levels

5 weapons slot forward, 5 aft

5 eng consoles
    5 science consoles
    5 tactical consoles

I like it, I like it...

The Typhon Pact finds your ideas intriguing and would like to subscribe to your newsfeed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    That's the biggest nonsense proposal I've read on these forums so far. Yes, worse than Borg lockbox cubes :D
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    fmgtorres1979fmgtorres1979 Member Posts: 1,327 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    angrytarg wrote: »
    That's the biggest nonsense proposal I've read on these forums so far. Yes, worse than Borg lockbox cubes :D

Well, borg Cube would be:

1000000 hull

12.5 shield modifier with regenerative harmonics (shields remodulate at each hit, adapting to every weapon type)

+100 to every power level with redundant nodes (meaning power can be rerouted indefinitely and continuously in an immediate manner)

6 sets of 20 weapons slots (20 slots per cube facing/side) plus 1 independent slot for a tractor beam that is also cutting beam.

20 engineering consoles
    50 science consoles
    25 tactical consoles
    10 universal/special consoles slot

Plus 1 special device slot which contains a console that gives a +85% chance of one hit kill. Cooldown is 20 seconds.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    angrytarg wrote: »

The Typhon Pact will be sending Tholian representatives to your sector to discuss your severe anti-Typhon bias. Please have tea and biscuits ready.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    It's been asked for countless times before. Will never happen because it's intellectual property belonging to someone else.

heck, considering how much it looks like a Gattlestar (hell, its fighters look just like vipers) I'd say that even if the company let the asset be used outside their games.... i doubt CBS would allow it simply ebcause BSG's become a bit more popular since the release of invasion.

you know, since the Reboot series in 2004, which the game the typhons from is from 2000. and said owners of BSG might claim that its an infringement on their IP.
  • Options
    artfulmerkageartfulmerkage Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    It would be amazing. Sadly, unfeasible.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Valdus | Charn | Costello | Typhus | Thyran
  • Options
    variant37variant37 Member Posts: 867 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Why stop at 3 hangers? Why not give it something like....10?

Also...I'd like to see it have a modified version of the spinal phaser lance, but one that's 100% accurate and does 1,000,000 damage. It'd have a 2-minute cooldown though so it won't be OP.
  • Options
    talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    hory jeebus. Power creep much?
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • Options
    johankreigjohankreig Member Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    wow that ships not a blatent copy of a battlestar atall, and those fighters look nothing like a viper...oops I just fell down a sarchasm, darn wont need help getting out of this one will I.

3 hangars, are you serious or is this just another pathetic troll thread, why cant people just be happy with what we have and play the dam game.
    Jorhana Kreig: KDF, Tal'is: Romulan Fed, Shona'a: Romulan KDF, Johan Paul Kreig: Fed
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2014
    No thanks. I'd rather have the real Typhoon Class.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    dcpuserdcpuser Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Well, borg Cube would be:

1000000 hull

12.5 shield modifier with regenerative harmonics (shields remodulate at each hit, adapting to every weapon type)

+100 to every power level with redundant nodes (meaning power can be rerouted indefinitely and continuously in an immediate manner)

6 sets of 20 weapons slots (20 slots per cube facing/side) plus 1 independent slot for a tractor beam that is also cutting beam.

20 engineering consoles
    50 science consoles
    25 tactical consoles
    10 universal/special consoles slot

Plus 1 special device slot which contains a console that gives a +85% chance of one hit kill. Cooldown is 20 seconds.

Sorry, no. Needs hangar slot and then it'll be legit.
  • Options
    induperatorinduperator Member Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I'd like to see a new C-store Fed Carrier with a fleet version. The Typhon could be the first carrier to have three hangar bays to help make up for the fact that fed carriers don't have access to frigates. Sound sexy? Make it so. http://memory-beta.wikia.com/wiki/USS_Typhon
    I sincerely hope you're joking.
    This is wrong.
  • Options
    killdozer9211killdozer9211 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Still looks better than the jupiter.

Would rather we started by getting carrier pets that weren't 30 years old though.
  • Options
    ltdata96ltdata96 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Still looks better than the jupiter.

Would rather we started by getting carrier pets that weren't 30 years old though.

Opinions are opinions ;)
  • Options
    ghyudtghyudt Member Posts: 1,112 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I disagree with makinv the typhoon a carrier. Carriers are inherently weak, usually in the weapons area. The typhoon is a battleship. It should have at least 4 fore and 4 aft weapons (personally, if this whole tier 6 thing goes through, it should be a t6 ship with a 5/4 setup). I agree it should have a slower turn rate than most, seeing as it will be heavily armored and shielded. 4 or 5 seems fair. And absolutely no universal consoles. It should be a tac/eng ship, with the following layout ; comm tac, Lt tac, ltcomm eng, Lt eng , ens sci, Lt sci.
  • Options
    maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    And now we're proposing ships that look like they came out of an entirely different franchise? That doesn't look like a Star Trek ship it looks like something out of Alien.
    One, intellectual property rights from a different publisher so no go there.
    Two, has nothing that is identifiable with Starfleet design lineage so no go there.
    Three and most importantly CBS said no to Starfleet carriers so forget it.
    What is wrong with different factions having different technological benefits? Starfleet didn't do carriers they did really smart torpedoes, they didn't do cloaking devices they did really good detection, but oh no we can't have that here, the FEDs just absolutely must have everyone else's toys whether it makes sense or not.
    I would rather have the Jupiter than the OPs choice, the Jupiter at least has elements that make it fit in the Star Trek universe and that is saying something since I absolutely hate the Jupiter. And a 3 hanger carrier? Get real, do you realize how badly nerfed a ship would have to be to balance having 3 hangers? Big thumbs down on this idea.
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC