test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[Video] - New Earth Spacedock Interior Preview!

1235»

Comments

• Options
    tuskin67tuskin67 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The issue with the ESD window Miranda is the texture not the geometry. Those textures you're seeing right now weren't quite made for that model, and likely just thrown on so the entire thing isn't invisible on TRIBBLE.

The textures are fine, it is the LOD models loading too soon. If you look at it from the far right window its fine.
  • Options
    tuskin67tuskin67 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    tuskin67 wrote: »
    The textures are fine, it is the LOD models loading too soon. If you look at it from the far right window or use demo record and fly up to it, it looks fine.

Anyways I believe it was said most of the models are placeholders right now.

Edit:

Well, poo I hit quote instead of edit.
  • Options
    leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    zulisvel wrote: »
    I just want to give Kudos to the team working on this ESD revamp. So far it's freaking gorgeous. But I'm curious, what's going to happen to the current ESD interior? Replace K7 maybe? Or become the interior for a new location?

Merge that idea with the often suggested separate level 1-49 and level 50 zones. Characters who haven't completed the rep and story line can only access the pre-rep, faction specific Sol/Quo'noS Zones. Players that have are given the option to enter either the cross-faction or faction specific versions, so the players who don't want to see cross-faction characters in their central hub don't have to.

That makes a certain amount of sense, particularly as the new hub might have additional vendors or need changes like a replaced J'mpok.
  • Options
    tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited March 2014
    Wasn't it you who explained that the ambassador class/enterprise c up scaled in that tholian mission was just the normal ship model and that you were surprised that it actually worked?

Again, for shuttle missions they need to be changed from their normal size, for the ground-perspective they can be shown from far away.

Really again: that is not a real big issue, I just thought it might be a nice tool at some occasions.

Yes, we can take Ship MODELS (Geometry) and scale it up, and make it into a normal environment piece. This is what is seen through the windows of ESD. All of those are player scale ships we save off to the Environment Editor, and scale up.

However, they are static geometry at that point. They are not dynamic. They can't be customized, they don't have name/registry text, etc. There is no way to represent a PLAYER's ship through those models.
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    tacofangs wrote: »
    Yes, we can take Ship MODELS (Geometry) and scale it up, and make it into a normal environment piece. This is what is seen through the windows of ESD. All of those are player scale ships we save off to the Environment Editor, and scale up.

However, they are static geometry at that point. They are not dynamic. They can't be customized, they don't have name/registry text, etc. There is no way to represent a PLAYER's ship through those models.

Put them in the foundry :P
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    mrspidey2mrspidey2 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    So they basically took the design ideas from the Odysee and Origin bridges and applied them to the new ESD interior. The result is truly awesome.
    2bnb7apx.jpg
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I do not know about your log in screen - or more precisely character selection screen - but mine shows my ship exactly the way I customized it, with my captain, exactly the way I customized him (although usually using the wrong costume slot... ) and 4 bos exactly the way I customized them.
    So it IS possible the access both at the same time.
    And the equipment visual stuff is getting changed as we speak, I doubt they are a factor here.

If that's other on your account I don't know why.
    BEHOLD the Rachel-B!

If you look closely you can see the purple marking I customized the hull with on the char select screen. But in the inset you see what the ship ACTUALLY looks like in game.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    jakeo26jakeo26 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I for one, am pretty excited to get the new spacedock interior. I go back there to do things just because its ESD. Hopefully, others do the same after this revamp.
  • Options
    leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    That makes a certain amount of sense, particularly as the new hub might have additional vendors or need changes like a replaced J'mpok.

I'll just toss something out here since it occurred to me...

I think what would actually be cool is an "events" system.

Events could be triggered by projects, missions, loop drops, etc.

This creates a toggle-able event in an Event tab.

Toggle on Klingon War Complete and you get diverted to a further updated Qo'noS/ESD and contacts all around elsewhere get updated dialogues, flagged by the event toggle.

If it's toggled OFF, you go to the faction segregated ESD/Qo'noS and get original dialogues.

Earning and toggling on historical events could open up new vendors, new and updated maps, change mission progression, etc. Upon earning an unlock, an event is toggled on but can be toggled off manually for the original version.
  • Options
    undedavengerundedavenger Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I don't count the earlier interior changes as they were minor and still TRIBBLE. and in the basic form, it hasn't been changed, it's had some minor skin lifts but nothing else.

the external I'm also disappointed with because it's a 200 year old design, time to upgrade it by merging the old ESD (2009) with the current ESD.

and no this was not the most necessary of all, in its state right now ESD looks like some random Space Genre kitbash, but with the new one in tribble, it at least feels like 2409 Star Trek, the Medical bay looks like trek, the arrangement, the feeling it's STARFLEET in the right era.

it looks much bigger and a good thing too, I've got a feeling it will be a new integral part of STO n some way, maybe they'll introduce new mechanics, lounge with poker, or something like that.

the last interior update was necessary, this one makes ESD feel alive.

can't wait to see it finished and lit properly.

Lol Can you imagine playing poker with other players and betting EC, dilithium, or even items?
    Nothing breaks the tension better than a tankard of warnog - except maybe a good brawl...
  • Options
    undedavengerundedavenger Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I hope we can visits the shuttle bay when its done. =) That would be cool!

It would be a great place to use for foundry missions, as well as maybe taking a shuttle to our embassy or maybe the UP Yards on Mars?
    Nothing breaks the tension better than a tankard of warnog - except maybe a good brawl...