test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Game refuses to launch after crash

The game crashed while loading between the Federation Romulan Embassy and the Romulan planet area, citing a corrupted .pigg texture file. The game's window disappeared, but two "gameclient.exe" processes remained running along with the background sound of the Embassy. I had to force close both processes before It would stop.

Now whenever I try to open the launcher it sticks on "Trying to update the launcher". I let it run for 54 connection tries and it would not do anything. This was an install from the original Cryptic download and launcher. I have completely uninstalled the game, deleted the C:\Program Files(x86)\Cryptic folder, run a registry clean, then installed ARC (do not like it) as the original downloader I still had will not do anything now. I hit "Play Now" in ARC and it downloaded something in all of a minute. Now when I try it, it sticks on "Initializing Star Trek Online" and does not appear to be doing anything. Then it gives the same error as before and tells me it cannot reach the patch server.

What can I (you) do to fix this?
Post edited by halobuff on

Comments

• colonelchenchuancolonelchenchuan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I am so sorry you did all that.

There really needs to be a sticky saying "DONT DO ANYTHING YOU DID" since the issues are not user issues and there is nothing anyone can do to fix these issues.

When the stuff you did works for people it mostly just coincidence.

I bet you a cold Romulan Ale that Monday morning the game will just start working again.

There is something else going on here and has been for sometime. The weekend after updates the game usually decides that some people just cant play. Blame your neighbor for using Netflix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • grouchyotakugrouchyotaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    halobuff wrote: »
    What can I (you) do to fix this?

Have you tried using the Patcher Proxy option in the Launcher Option Menu?