test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Launcher can't establish connection to patchserver

ames1ames1 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
I am hoping some of you who have fixed a similar issue can give me some advice.

I have been having problems connecting to STO since this morning's update. Everything was working before the update this morning. In fact, I was playing last night (around 12:30am PDT). This morning, I launched the cryptic sto launcher to try to update during the down time. I usually get my client patch up early even though I know I can't login and play. It worked like a charm in the past. But this time, I got 'unable to establish connection to Patch Server' error when launcher try to auto-update (after 9~13 retries). I figure may be it just doesn't work this time, no big deal.

10am comes around, I tried again and get the same issue. I tried for another hour and same thing. There is absolutely no change in my system. I thought cryptic was extending the maintenance again (they did extend it 'til 10am) but apparently the maintenance was completed. I have been trying on and off throughout the day.

For the past 2 hours, I have tried downloading the latest launcher manually and run that because I saw a thread about people having launcher problems in the past. That didn't work. I disabled my antivirus and all the other unnecessary auto start programs and still no go. I tried connect to my cable modem directly (without going thru my router) and same problem. I tracert the patchserver and the results are fine and I can contact the patch server. I tried launching thru ARC and ARC also have problem connecting to my account (complaints about my internet connection). I don't see how it can be my internet connection since I can do everything else online just fine I can obviously reach the STO website and forum to write about it.

I wanted to uninstall and reinstall. The problem is a fresh install require ARC and I can't even connect to ARC so I am worried about making things worst by uninstalling. I am hoping the problem would just disappear and start working when I try again later.... I have been reading the forum and I see there are others with similar problems as me. However, I also see some that are obviously able to connect and play so I am really confused as to how the problem only affects a portion of the players.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    phadrenphadren Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    In the same boat :( and I just got a JHAS earlier today lol wanna fly iy but,the launcher just sits there with the "Loading. Please wait." in the upper left corner for about 4 mins then it starts to load but the part where you enter your name/pw the sits there and says the same thing?
  • Options
    thundermouththundermouth Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Everytime there is a major patch, I get this issue. I use to use the DVD version to connect to the game but finally out of frustration with this problem I switch over to ARC. Things have worked fine for about three weeks until this latest patch. Now I get the "Launcher can't establish a connection to the patch server" message again only now under ARC. There is something clearly wrong with Cryptic's game launcher technology for this to be happening each time a major patch is released. I just don't buy the "It's your ISP/your computer/your network" excuse anymore. This keeps happening to too many people and too many times to be easily flubbed off as the player's issue.

Come on Cryptic, come clean with us and admit that there is a problem with the launcher!!!
  • Options
    torsten1009torsten1009 Member Posts: 454 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Let me guess: You are from europe?

The main patch-server works, but there are currently connection-problems. Using a VPN-Connection to San Jose in the USA I was able to download the patches and maps.

You can run the usual connection-test to patch-server. Post the results here, maybe somehow the traffic can be rerouted (around overloaded paths).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    If Star Trek Online was an Open-Source (GPL) Game, we would have a low-grind fork.
  • Options
    karakbakarakba Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I'm in the same boat. I cant connect, get 'trying to update the launcher. Please be patient'.

Edit: My mistake umm... I had TCP/UDP blocked with peerblock. I turned off my filter and it worked just fine.
  • Options
    adamkafeiadamkafei Member Posts: 6,539 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    If you are in Europe chances are your problem is at Cogentco in Boston, this has been an issue for some of us since before Christmas. The only work around I have found for it is to open the launcher options and modify the proxy settings until I find a combo that works, my current working setup is both proxies set of US.

Hope this helps, it wont help for updating the launcher itself though.
    ZiOfChe.png?1