Options

Cryptic, please take a look at the LANCE

124»

Comments

• Options
    hereticknight085hereticknight085 Member Posts: 3,783 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    starlanced wrote: »
    The rest of the ship is fine, sure I'd rather have a LtCmd Tac, but the lance needs some looking at, it's like a drunken monkey is aiming the thing.

I am pretty sure every pakled in your crew is assigned to the Phaser Lance. That's the only reason I can think of that would explain the sheer incompetence behind it. And tbh, I think a drunken monkey would be more accurate than that.
    It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once. B)
  • Options
    shar487ashar487a Member Posts: 1,292 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I'm starting to wonder if threads that contain "lance" are auto-ignored by Cryptic... not once have they ever replied officially to address the lance's 3 minute cooldown nor its high miss / fail probability. I would gladly give up the Gal-X's non-canon hangar in favor of a quick shooting and accurate phaser lance.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    shar487a wrote: »
    I'm starting to wonder if threads that contain "Galaxy, Galaxy-R, Galaxy-X, anything involving making the Galaxy anything but gimped" are auto-ignored by Cryptic... not once have they ever replied officially to address the lance's 3 minute cooldown nor its high miss / fail probability. I would gladly give up the Gal-X's non-canon hangar in favor of a quick shooting and accurate phaser lance.

Fixed it for you.
    It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once. B)
  • Options
    inkrunnerinkrunner Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I'll be honest with you guys - if the cruiser lance got an Acc boost and both it and the wide beam got a CD reduction (really all I think the ship needs), or if the whole system was made into an unremovable, competent 5th fore weapon, I would not have any qualms with shelling out $45 for the bundle (that's plus a module for the fleet version of the Gal X).

A friend of mine has had all the Galaxy variants (except the fleet Gal, unsurprisingly), and he was really excited - as in, 'bordering on the insane' excited - about the revamp.

It took him about 6 hours to switch back to his Tac Vesta.

His character was an Engineer, specced for engineer stuff (resistance, power levels, hull heal/total, etc.).

Overall mood I'm detecting (from myself and the forums):
    "Not worth enough yet, not buying yet."
    2iBFtmg.png
  • Options
    venkouvenkou Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Main Lance

Extremely tiny arc that makes hitting a target a game of chance. Even with subspace jump+tractor it doesn't always hit and if just chasing a moving target I estimate the chance of a hit at about 1%. When you couple that to it's very long recharge time it more or less totally negates the main lance in any type of attack other than a decloak alpha.

Recharge Time

3 minutes, really? Come on guys, do you want us to use this or not? I mean what the hell is the point in giving us a powerful weapon that we can fire once in a typical Infected Space, perhaps twice?

Recharge should be no more than 1 minute.

Thanks
    Matt
    I was debating about buying the Dreadnaught.

I will buy the Battle Cruiser instead.
  • Options
    rmy1081rmy1081 Member Posts: 2,840 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    All I want is for the lance to be able to hit things like a gate or a parked ship. Missing those is ridiculous. I can understand missing a zippy ship, but not parked ones. It's like the Death Star missing Alderaan.

It has to be some sort of bug because you don't even get a "Miss" message.
  • Options
    gpgtxgpgtx Member Posts: 1,579 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    i noticed that in the mirror invasion fired it at the iss sadi it went throw the sadi had the explosion graphic when you hit something but no damage message came up in my combat log or MISS from the weapon floater.

it's like it hits but never calculates the damage
    victoriasig_zps23c45368.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    gpgtx wrote: »
    i noticed that in the mirror invasion fired it at the iss sadi it went throw the sadi had the explosion graphic when you hit something but no damage message came up in my combat log or MISS from the weapon floater.

it's like it hits but never calculates the damage

That's cuz it was a holographic lance. Your real lance wasn't going to arrive until Tuesday.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    if that's the case the holo lance is extremely reliable it always fires LOL
  • Options
    caasicamcaasicam Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Do damage? Nah, Starfleet's extremely advanced Holo-Lance(TM) is only there to scare off the natives, as well as be used as a large laser pointer.

It also works well as a giant flashlight when you ditch that pesky saucer.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Has anyone ever seen any Dev respond to the complaints around the lance? I have never met a single player ingame or on the forum who thinks it's ok.

Actually, a lot of players really like the wide-beam lance. It's the primary spinal that they hate.
  • Options
    gogereavergogereaver Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    yep the wide beam can devastate a small group of ships. even the mini lane of the saucer sep is known to hit hard from time to time. its the main spinal lance that's been broken forever and they just seem to refuse to fix it. yet they wanna sell you the ship. if they fix the lance i would buy it right now.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    caasicam wrote: »
    Do damage? Nah, Starfleet's extremely advanced Holo-Lance(TM) is only there to scare off the natives, as well as be used as a large laser pointer.

It also works well as a giant flashlight when you ditch that pesky saucer.

the laser pointer is the sole reason the cations(sp) joined starfleet they where impressed that we are the masters of the red dot
  • Options
    twofatnutstwofatnuts Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Why not just turn phaser spinal lance in to a console fitted in 11th "universal" slot so fed dreadnought would be somewhat more unique no other ship have 11 console slots and those who dont like it could change it to other stuffs like 5th tac console or universal console.