test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Star Trek Battles channel (Got Canon?)

1235746

Comments

  • snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    trizeo1 thanks for the invite. It was great fun meeting you all in the channel and running some content.

    To those reading this thread and wondering about wether or not to join ... it's a great concept and you too should join in on the fun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Sounds interesting.

    @stardestroyer001
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!
  • trizeo1trizeo1 Member Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    trizeo1 thanks for the invite. It was great fun meeting you all in the channel and running some content.

    To those reading this thread and wondering about wether or not to join ... it's a great concept and you too should join in on the fun.

    Thank you for trying it out, hope to run some more stuff with you.

    The amount of content and daily grind one must do to get certain things really eat up your time so although having 45+ users it's only been a consistent 5 sometimes just 4 who use the channel during the time I'm on.

    My hope is I get to fly with more captains.

    Thanks
  • frosttfishfrosttfish Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    trizeo1 wrote: »
    Hello,

    Tried to send invite and it says handle not found?

    Contact me in game [email protected]

    thanks

    hmm, that's odd Im about to log in just patching now. I'll drop you a message when I get in.
  • trizeo1trizeo1 Member Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Sounds interesting.

    @stardestroyer001

    Try it out... it may be not your cup of tea but if you like the sights & sounds like in the show this could be for you.

    Invite sent.. hope you come out to try it out.
  • caasicamcaasicam Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I'm definitely interested in this. It really is a great idea to organize a group focused on this content, if only because most people can say they've reached the phase where they throw caution to the wind and go completely canon. Heck, I did it with a Mirror Universe Star Cruiser and played through as many story missions as I could.

    @handle is username, @caasicam.

    Can't wait to see everyone there, probably will be flying my Dreadnought Cruiser.
  • risingstar2009risingstar2009 Member Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Should have a ship theme day with this. Everyone flying the same class of ship at the same time I think would be interesting.

    Anyone for the Battle of Chintoka???
    Star Trek Battles: For those who want to Play Star Trek Online as it WAS MEANT TO BE!!!

    Our Battles
  • caasicamcaasicam Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I'd be up for having a sort of "Era-specific" battle going on.

    Everyone could bust out their shiny 2409 ships to blast some Borg with future Trek goodness.

    (That, and a Connie, Oberth, Miranda team is a must). TOS wooo~
  • dathranselanedathranselane Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I love the sound of this, and would like to participate! But I'll have to acquire some phasers, I'm all loaded out with AP at the moment. Torpedos too, now that I think about it.

    Handle is @Selane, I'll read up more when I get home from work.
  • torgaddon101torgaddon101 Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    @evilestkhan

    my connie stands ready:)
  • adamkafeiadamkafei Member Posts: 6,539 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Sounds like a fun idea...

    @adamkafei

    Lets see how it goes
    ZiOfChe.png?1
  • tyriniussstyriniusss Member Posts: 317 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    This sounds great, count me in! @Tyrinius
  • jmaster29jmaster29 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    damn, we just had an awesome run! Full group of ISE, was epic seeing the phasers hit the cube, and then I came in with my disruptors! So fun! Count the crew of the IKS Ch'Kok in for every group!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • donrahdonrah Member Posts: 348
    edited March 2014
    This sounds like fun! @donrah
    Go here and show your support for a better Foundry!
  • latiasracerlatiasracer Member Posts: 680 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Sounds interesting, The U.S.S. Wailord (Gal-R) is on hand to help!


    I also have an Oberth, so i'm up for TOS battles too :cool:


    Quick question though, Can the Galaxy class i use Q-Torps? I vaugely remember it being mentioned somewhere that they used them during the dominion war..
    warp plasma can't melt neutronium beams
  • trizeo1trizeo1 Member Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    caasicam wrote: »
    I'm definitely interested in this. It really is a great idea to organize a group focused on this content, if only because most people can say they've reached the phase where they throw caution to the wind and go completely canon. Heck, I did it with a Mirror Universe Star Cruiser and played through as many story missions as I could.

    @handle is username, @caasicam.

    Can't wait to see everyone there, probably will be flying my Dreadnought Cruiser.

    Invite sent!

    I have a DN and use it as well.... not like the lance from the star drive section much but do like the saucer seperation.

    See you in game!
  • reyan01reyan01 Member Posts: 14,740 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Would be good if we could, at some point, set up a Tier 1 STF run. I.E, team of Miranda-class ships vs ISE.


  • trizeo1trizeo1 Member Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Would be good if we could, at some point, set up a Tier 1 STF run. I.E, team of Miranda-class ships vs ISE.

    Hey Reyan!.. The trusty captain of the Nova class!

    Haven't been able to team up with you in a bit, we were suppose to but I gave way for others to try it out but ended up forming a 2nd STB task force.

    I totally would be up for this Tier 1 ship run/TOS... I was actually thinking of getting the Miranda or the Connie, more the Miranda as it was still being used in the Dominion war. I'd probably also go with the Excel since it is of that era but limit its BOFF powers. Be kind of cool to have say 2 ships use HY, 1 use FAW and the other BO or something along that lines. It would really make the team work for it. We might have to start on normal to see how long that would take as I know survivability would be in question. I took my free Ambassador out last night and I had to use all my Eng abilities to keep her alive.

    Reyan, when I am in game next I will be promoting you to Admin as you and Sol are the ones who have really embraced STB. The only thing I ask of you is to spread the word about STB.

    Look forward to flying with you again.
  • risingstar2009risingstar2009 Member Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I'm having trouble see most of what the others say in the channel. What settings do I need to have so that I can see what others type?
    Star Trek Battles: For those who want to Play Star Trek Online as it WAS MEANT TO BE!!!

    Our Battles
  • trizeo1trizeo1 Member Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I'm having trouble see most of what the others say in the channel. What settings do I need to have so that I can see what others type?

    Hmmm... not sure? I thought I saw you typing in channel? Maybe you have to assign a different color to the STB channel?

    I'll be on tonight so I'll see if I can touch base with you or PM me in game.
  • sirokksirokk Member Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Hi. I love the sound of this!

    I got lots of canon end-game ships but would a Tier-II Connie be too low in DPS?

    I sometimes run Tau Dawa dailies in my Tier-II Constitution for the same reason... to make STO more fun. With Omega set and canon weapons, it's like flying an beam-scort but you only have 2/2 slots! For end-game PvE, it survives pretty well.

    FYI It's hard for me to play at any regular schedule.

    Please send an invite to @sirokk.

    Thanks.
    Star Trek Battles Channel - Play Star Trek like they did in the series!Avatar: pinterest-com/pin/14003448816884219Are you sure it isn't time for a "colorful metaphor"? --Spock in 'The Voyage Home'
    SCE ADVISORY NOTICE: Improper Impulse Engine maintenance can result in REAR THRUSTER LEAKAGE. ALWAYS have your work inspected by another qualified officer.
  • reyan01reyan01 Member Posts: 14,740 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    trizeo1 wrote: »
    Hey Reyan!.. The trusty captain of the Nova class!

    Haven't been able to team up with you in a bit, we were suppose to but I gave way for others to try it out but ended up forming a 2nd STB task force.

    I totally would be up for this Tier 1 ship run/TOS... I was actually thinking of getting the Miranda or the Connie, more the Miranda as it was still being used in the Dominion war. I'd probably also go with the Excel since it is of that era but limit its BOFF powers. Be kind of cool to have say 2 ships use HY, 1 use FAW and the other BO or something along that lines. It would really make the team work for it. We might have to start on normal to see how long that would take as I know survivability would be in question. I took my free Ambassador out last night and I had to use all my Eng abilities to keep her alive.

    Reyan, when I am in game next I will be promoting you to Admin as you and Sol are the ones who have really embraced STB. The only thing I ask of you is to spread the word about STB.

    Look forward to flying with you again.

    'Trusty Captain of the Nova class' eh? Heh - I actually rather like that! Some might say that using the same ship, on my primary character, so consistently makes me a little predictable; but I love that little ship - there is simply NO other ship in the game that makes me grin like my little Fleet Rhode Island does.

    And as far as the channel goes, it was your idea and YOU are the reason it's doing so well and is such a blast when we do team up!

    But very grateful for the 'promotion' and will do my best! My online time has become a little more limited, what with my wife being pregnant (something you can sympathise with!) but I'll still be on whenever I can be - and checking if anyone from the channel is online has become one of my first priorities these days!


  • caasicamcaasicam Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I'll be outfitting a few ships with some canon (or canon-ish) loadouts as soon as I have time to hop on. Galaxy, Dreadnought Cruiser, and my Cheyenne will probably have similar weapons; though I may put "artistic licence" into effect.

    Going to try out my Nebula as well, the fancy ship that it is.

    Can't wait to see you all in-game.
  • trizeo1trizeo1 Member Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    sirokk wrote: »
    Hi. I love the sound of this!

    I got lots of canon end-game ships but would a Tier-II Connie be too low in DPS?

    I sometimes run Tau Dawa dailies in my Tier-II Constitution for the same reason... to make STO more fun. With Omega set and canon weapons, it's like flying an beam-scort but you only have 2/2 slots! For end-game PvE, it survives pretty well.

    FYI It's hard for me to play at any regular schedule.

    Please send an invite to @sirokk.

    Thanks.

    Feel free to use whatever ship you want... if that's the ol' trusty Connie DO IT! hahaha!

    A couple of us have run the Tau Dewa to change it up as well STB style and it is WAY funner! As I mentioned in my edits that we've thrown some RP elements in this so we have come up with some interesting dialog. It take a bit longer but worth the time spent IMO.

    I think most are on borrowed time as I myself can only have limited times but even to get in 1 STB style gameplay is good enough for me (although it seems once I get a group I tend to stay longer than I should have hhaha) As mentioned tho in the guidelines stick a torp on your connie front and back to give it more of a ST feel. Play only when you have time.

    Will send invite tonight, see you in game!
    reyan01 wrote: »
    'Trusty Captain of the Nova class' eh? Heh - I actually rather like that! Some might say that using the same ship, on my primary character, so consistently makes me a little predictable; but I love that little ship - there is simply NO other ship in the game that makes me grin like my little Fleet Rhode Island does.

    And as far as the channel goes, it was your idea and YOU are the reason it's doing so well and is such a blast when we do team up!

    But very grateful for the 'promotion' and will do my best! My online time has become a little more limited, what with my wife being pregnant (something you can sympathise with!) but I'll still be on whenever I can be - and checking if anyone from the channel is online has become one of my first priorities these days!

    If that is the ship that makes you happy run with it bro! Since doing STB I've purchased ships for the purpose of flyn them STB style. The ship that is making me grin currently is the both the Gal R & Intrepid.

    Thank you for the kind words... YOU, Solona and the others that have joined STB is the reason why I still do STO TBH. Although I'm still laughing at the Scimi we had in ISE with us.. the one you referred to as leaving a big dust cloud behind? hahaha!

    Trust me family/real life comes first! I appreciate the time I/we get to play but we ALL must prioritize real life before STO. I'm sure we will see you and your Nova on shore leave when the baby comes which is ok. Awesome to hear your checking on STB... form up teams when you can to keep it going... remember it's now an STB tradition to warp out and in after completing a run.
  • reyan01reyan01 Member Posts: 14,740 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    trizeo1 wrote: »
    Feel free to use whatever ship you want... if that's the ol' trusty Connie DO IT! hahaha!

    A couple of us have run the Tau Dewa to change it up as well STB style and it is WAY funner! As I mentioned in my edits that we've thrown some RP elements in this so we have come up with some interesting dialog. It take a bit longer but worth the time spent IMO.

    I think most are on borrowed time as I myself can only have limited times but even to get in 1 STB style gameplay is good enough for me (although it seems once I get a group I tend to stay longer than I should have hhaha) As mentioned tho in the guidelines stick a torp on your connie front and back to give it more of a ST feel. Play only when you have time.

    Will send invite tonight, see you in game!



    If that is the ship that makes you happy run with it bro! Since doing STB I've purchased ships for the purpose of flyn them STB style. The ship that is making me grin currently is the both the Gal R & Intrepid.

    Thank you for the kind words... YOU, Solona and the others that have joined STB is the reason why I still do STO TBH. Although I'm still laughing at the Scimi we had in ISE with us.. the one you referred to as leaving a big dust cloud behind? hahaha!

    Trust me family/real life comes first! I appreciate the time I/we get to play but we ALL must prioritize real life before STO. I'm sure we will see you and your Nova on shore leave when the baby comes which is ok. Awesome to hear your checking on STB... form up teams when you can to keep it going... remember it's now an STB tradition to warp out and in after completing a run.

    Ah yeah - the 'Toxic TRIBBLE Cloud' Scimitar! That one was impressive - DPS was nothing to shout about and it's definitely fair to say that he did his best damage when he was exploding into a big green cloud of uber-TRIBBLE!


  • trizeo1trizeo1 Member Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Sounds interesting, The U.S.S. Wailord (Gal-R) is on hand to help!


    I also have an Oberth, so i'm up for TOS battles too :cool:


    Quick question though, Can the Galaxy class i use Q-Torps? I vaugely remember it being mentioned somewhere that they used them during the dominion war..

    Acknowledged Wailord... will send priority 1 message, sorry trying to get the lingo down ahhaahha!

    I have a question... would the Ambassador class be in consideration for TOS or fit in a group of like the connie, Miranda & Execel?

    For your question on the Galaxy using quants yeah go ahead, I use the wide angle one on my Gal R/X.

    EDIT: Sorry what is your in game @handle? Is it your forum name?
    caasicam wrote: »
    I'll be outfitting a few ships with some canon (or canon-ish) loadouts as soon as I have time to hop on. Galaxy, Dreadnought Cruiser, and my Cheyenne will probably have similar weapons; though I may put "artistic licence" into effect.

    Going to try out my Nebula as well, the fancy ship that it is.

    Can't wait to see you all in-game.

    AWESOME! I must say with the quick swap/equip system it has made switching between ships less time consuming which for me is great as it's not uncommon for me to use all my ships.

    Feel free to use whatever ship you like, remember the goal is to lower the DPS output of all the ships to try and make the STF more challenging.

    Hope to fly with you soon.... Captain of the MVAE, Defiance, Intrepid, Galaxy, Galaxy X, Maximus, Akira, Ambassador out!
  • caasicamcaasicam Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    trizeo1 wrote: »
    AWESOME! I must say with the quick swap/equip system it has made switching between ships less time consuming which for me is great as it's not uncommon for me to use all my ships.

    Feel free to use whatever ship you like, remember the goal is to lower the DPS output of all the ships to try and make the STF more challenging.

    Hope to fly with you soon.... Captain of the MVAE, Defiance, Intrepid, Galaxy, Galaxy X, Maximus, Akira, Ambassador out!

    Have to say, pretty sure the only way I can lower my DPS on this build even more would be to simply not fire. ;)

    I tend not to go for "MASSIVE UBER DA DEEPS NUMBERS" because I find long, drawn-out battles to be more entertaining. Perhaps it's why I tank. And it's why I'm so excited for this opportunity.
  • trizeo1trizeo1 Member Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    caasicam wrote: »
    Have to say, pretty sure the only way I can lower my DPS on this build even more would be to simply not fire. ;)

    I tend not to go for "MASSIVE UBER DA DEEPS NUMBERS" because I find long, drawn-out battles to be more entertaining. Perhaps it's why I tank. And it's why I'm so excited for this opportunity.

    HAHA! NOICE!

    I and some of the captains in the STB use MK X, personally I use MK X blues which between all my ships net anywhere from 3 - 6 K which I find just right IMO.

    I agree with you on the drawn out battles to be more entertaining.

    Well I hope we get to meet you as early as tonight and I hope it's your cup of tea.
  • admiraltrappittadmiraltrappitt Member Posts: 444 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I quite agree, use the ship you want. As for gear, I use Phaser beam Standard issue, or level 1 gear generally, and I don't really notice a problem with DPS. So fan, I have spent, £60 or so, on the Gal-bundle, and the Atrox. I would tell people about it in my main fleet, but no-one evel gets on, but I have told people in other fleets.

    Really great fun, and now I check if anyone is on first, if no-one is on, or no-one wants to do anything, I log off again generally.
    Sadly, me and Sol today had a awful pug. Really obnoxious and arrogent people, who boasted about doing a dozen stfs! Took a long time. It is silly when a STB groun does it quicker then a pug group. Then had a great pug, which was very quick, and co-ordinated. Then... a FA. With a Scimitar. No point in anyone else being there.
    EDIT: Look at my signature! (Also finally figured out how to change it from being the adress as the name.)
    Proad admin of the Star Trek Battles channel. Join today!

    I actually like Delta Rising.
  • sirokksirokk Member Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Question. Do you require voice chat?
    Star Trek Battles Channel - Play Star Trek like they did in the series!Avatar: pinterest-com/pin/14003448816884219Are you sure it isn't time for a "colorful metaphor"? --Spock in 'The Voyage Home'
    SCE ADVISORY NOTICE: Improper Impulse Engine maintenance can result in REAR THRUSTER LEAKAGE. ALWAYS have your work inspected by another qualified officer.
Sign In or Register to comment.