test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Star Trek Battles channel (Got Canon?)

Comments

• risingstar2009risingstar2009 Member Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Should have a ship theme day with this. Everyone flying the same class of ship at the same time I think would be interesting.

Anyone for the Battle of Chintoka???
    Star Trek Battles: For those who want to Play Star Trek Online as it WAS MEANT TO BE!!!

Our Battles
  • caasicamcaasicam Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I'd be up for having a sort of "Era-specific" battle going on.

Everyone could bust out their shiny 2409 ships to blast some Borg with future Trek goodness.

(That, and a Connie, Oberth, Miranda team is a must). TOS wooo~
  • dathranselanedathranselane Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I love the sound of this, and would like to participate! But I'll have to acquire some phasers, I'm all loaded out with AP at the moment. Torpedos too, now that I think about it.

Handle is @Selane, I'll read up more when I get home from work.
  • torgaddon101torgaddon101 Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    @evilestkhan

my connie stands ready:)
  • adamkafeiadamkafei Member Posts: 6,539 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Sounds like a fun idea...

@adamkafei

Lets see how it goes
    ZiOfChe.png?1
  • tyriniussstyriniusss Member Posts: 317 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    This sounds great, count me in! @Tyrinius
  • jmaster29jmaster29 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    damn, we just had an awesome run! Full group of ISE, was epic seeing the phasers hit the cube, and then I came in with my disruptors! So fun! Count the crew of the IKS Ch'Kok in for every group!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • donrahdonrah Member Posts: 348
    edited March 2014
    This sounds like fun! @donrah
    Go here and show your support for a better Foundry!
  • latiasracerlatiasracer Member Posts: 680 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Sounds interesting, The U.S.S. Wailord (Gal-R) is on hand to help!

I also have an Oberth, so i'm up for TOS battles too :cool:

Quick question though, Can the Galaxy class i use Q-Torps? I vaugely remember it being mentioned somewhere that they used them during the dominion war..
    warp plasma can't melt neutronium beams
  • trizeo1trizeo1 Member Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    caasicam wrote: »
    I'm definitely interested in this. It really is a great idea to organize a group focused on this content, if only because most people can say they've reached the phase where they throw caution to the wind and go completely canon. Heck, I did it with a Mirror Universe Star Cruiser and played through as many story missions as I could.

@handle is username, @caasicam.

Can't wait to see everyone there, probably will be flying my Dreadnought Cruiser.

Invite sent!

I have a DN and use it as well.... not like the lance from the star drive section much but do like the saucer seperation.

See you in game!
    edited March 2014
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Would be good if we could, at some point, set up a Tier 1 STF run. I.E, team of Miranda-class ships vs ISE.

Hey Reyan!.. The trusty captain of the Nova class!

Haven't been able to team up with you in a bit, we were suppose to but I gave way for others to try it out but ended up forming a 2nd STB task force.

I totally would be up for this Tier 1 ship run/TOS... I was actually thinking of getting the Miranda or the Connie, more the Miranda as it was still being used in the Dominion war. I'd probably also go with the Excel since it is of that era but limit its BOFF powers. Be kind of cool to have say 2 ships use HY, 1 use FAW and the other BO or something along that lines. It would really make the team work for it. We might have to start on normal to see how long that would take as I know survivability would be in question. I took my free Ambassador out last night and I had to use all my Eng abilities to keep her alive.

Reyan, when I am in game next I will be promoting you to Admin as you and Sol are the ones who have really embraced STB. The only thing I ask of you is to spread the word about STB.

Look forward to flying with you again.
    edited March 2014
    I'm having trouble see most of what the others say in the channel. What settings do I need to have so that I can see what others type?
    Star Trek Battles: For those who want to Play Star Trek Online as it WAS MEANT TO BE!!!

Our Battles
    edited March 2014
    I'm having trouble see most of what the others say in the channel. What settings do I need to have so that I can see what others type?

Hmmm... not sure? I thought I saw you typing in channel? Maybe you have to assign a different color to the STB channel?

I'll be on tonight so I'll see if I can touch base with you or PM me in game.
  • sirokksirokk Member Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Hi. I love the sound of this!

I got lots of canon end-game ships but would a Tier-II Connie be too low in DPS?

I sometimes run Tau Dawa dailies in my Tier-II Constitution for the same reason... to make STO more fun. With Omega set and canon weapons, it's like flying an beam-scort but you only have 2/2 slots! For end-game PvE, it survives pretty well.

FYI It's hard for me to play at any regular schedule.

Please send an invite to @sirokk.

Thanks.
    Star Trek Battles Channel - Play Star Trek like they did in the series!Avatar: pinterest-com/pin/14003448816884219Are you sure it isn't time for a "colorful metaphor"? --Spock in 'The Voyage Home'
    SCE ADVISORY NOTICE: Improper Impulse Engine maintenance can result in REAR THRUSTER LEAKAGE. ALWAYS have your work inspected by another qualified officer.
    edited March 2014
    I'll be outfitting a few ships with some canon (or canon-ish) loadouts as soon as I have time to hop on. Galaxy, Dreadnought Cruiser, and my Cheyenne will probably have similar weapons; though I may put "artistic licence" into effect.

Going to try out my Nebula as well, the fancy ship that it is.

Can't wait to see you all in-game.
    edited March 2014
    sirokk wrote: »
    Hi. I love the sound of this!

I got lots of canon end-game ships but would a Tier-II Connie be too low in DPS?

I sometimes run Tau Dawa dailies in my Tier-II Constitution for the same reason... to make STO more fun. With Omega set and canon weapons, it's like flying an beam-scort but you only have 2/2 slots! For end-game PvE, it survives pretty well.

FYI It's hard for me to play at any regular schedule.

Please send an invite to @sirokk.

Thanks.

Feel free to use whatever ship you want... if that's the ol' trusty Connie DO IT! hahaha!

A couple of us have run the Tau Dewa to change it up as well STB style and it is WAY funner! As I mentioned in my edits that we've thrown some RP elements in this so we have come up with some interesting dialog. It take a bit longer but worth the time spent IMO.

I think most are on borrowed time as I myself can only have limited times but even to get in 1 STB style gameplay is good enough for me (although it seems once I get a group I tend to stay longer than I should have hhaha) As mentioned tho in the guidelines stick a torp on your connie front and back to give it more of a ST feel. Play only when you have time.

Will send invite tonight, see you in game!
    reyan01 wrote: »
    'Trusty Captain of the Nova class' eh? Heh - I actually rather like that! Some might say that using the same ship, on my primary character, so consistently makes me a little predictable; but I love that little ship - there is simply NO other ship in the game that makes me grin like my little Fleet Rhode Island does.

And as far as the channel goes, it was your idea and YOU are the reason it's doing so well and is such a blast when we do team up!

But very grateful for the 'promotion' and will do my best! My online time has become a little more limited, what with my wife being pregnant (something you can sympathise with!) but I'll still be on whenever I can be - and checking if anyone from the channel is online has become one of my first priorities these days!

If that is the ship that makes you happy run with it bro! Since doing STB I've purchased ships for the purpose of flyn them STB style. The ship that is making me grin currently is the both the Gal R & Intrepid.

Thank you for the kind words... YOU, Solona and the others that have joined STB is the reason why I still do STO TBH. Although I'm still laughing at the Scimi we had in ISE with us.. the one you referred to as leaving a big dust cloud behind? hahaha!

Trust me family/real life comes first! I appreciate the time I/we get to play but we ALL must prioritize real life before STO. I'm sure we will see you and your Nova on shore leave when the baby comes which is ok. Awesome to hear your checking on STB... form up teams when you can to keep it going... remember it's now an STB tradition to warp out and in after completing a run.
    edited March 2014
    Sounds interesting, The U.S.S. Wailord (Gal-R) is on hand to help!

I also have an Oberth, so i'm up for TOS battles too :cool:

Quick question though, Can the Galaxy class i use Q-Torps? I vaugely remember it being mentioned somewhere that they used them during the dominion war..

Acknowledged Wailord... will send priority 1 message, sorry trying to get the lingo down ahhaahha!

I have a question... would the Ambassador class be in consideration for TOS or fit in a group of like the connie, Miranda & Execel?

For your question on the Galaxy using quants yeah go ahead, I use the wide angle one on my Gal R/X.

EDIT: Sorry what is your in game @handle? Is it your forum name?
    I'll be outfitting a few ships with some canon (or canon-ish) loadouts as soon as I have time to hop on. Galaxy, Dreadnought Cruiser, and my Cheyenne will probably have similar weapons; though I may put "artistic licence" into effect.

Going to try out my Nebula as well, the fancy ship that it is.

Can't wait to see you all in-game.

AWESOME! I must say with the quick swap/equip system it has made switching between ships less time consuming which for me is great as it's not uncommon for me to use all my ships.

Feel free to use whatever ship you like, remember the goal is to lower the DPS output of all the ships to try and make the STF more challenging.

Hope to fly with you soon.... Captain of the MVAE, Defiance, Intrepid, Galaxy, Galaxy X, Maximus, Akira, Ambassador out!
    edited March 2014
    trizeo1 wrote: »
    AWESOME! I must say with the quick swap/equip system it has made switching between ships less time consuming which for me is great as it's not uncommon for me to use all my ships.

Feel free to use whatever ship you like, remember the goal is to lower the DPS output of all the ships to try and make the STF more challenging.

Hope to fly with you soon.... Captain of the MVAE, Defiance, Intrepid, Galaxy, Galaxy X, Maximus, Akira, Ambassador out!

Have to say, pretty sure the only way I can lower my DPS on this build even more would be to simply not fire. ;)

I tend not to go for "MASSIVE UBER DA DEEPS NUMBERS" because I find long, drawn-out battles to be more entertaining. Perhaps it's why I tank. And it's why I'm so excited for this opportunity.
    edited March 2014
    Have to say, pretty sure the only way I can lower my DPS on this build even more would be to simply not fire. ;)

I tend not to go for "MASSIVE UBER DA DEEPS NUMBERS" because I find long, drawn-out battles to be more entertaining. Perhaps it's why I tank. And it's why I'm so excited for this opportunity.

HAHA! NOICE!

I and some of the captains in the STB use MK X, personally I use MK X blues which between all my ships net anywhere from 3 - 6 K which I find just right IMO.

I agree with you on the drawn out battles to be more entertaining.

Well I hope we get to meet you as early as tonight and I hope it's your cup of tea.
  • admiraltrappittadmiraltrappitt Member Posts: 444 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I quite agree, use the ship you want. As for gear, I use Phaser beam Standard issue, or level 1 gear generally, and I don't really notice a problem with DPS. So fan, I have spent, £60 or so, on the Gal-bundle, and the Atrox. I would tell people about it in my main fleet, but no-one evel gets on, but I have told people in other fleets.

Really great fun, and now I check if anyone is on first, if no-one is on, or no-one wants to do anything, I log off again generally.
    Sadly, me and Sol today had a awful pug. Really obnoxious and arrogent people, who boasted about doing a dozen stfs! Took a long time. It is silly when a STB groun does it quicker then a pug group. Then had a great pug, which was very quick, and co-ordinated. Then... a FA. With a Scimitar. No point in anyone else being there.
    EDIT: Look at my signature! (Also finally figured out how to change it from being the adress as the name.)
    Proad admin of the Star Trek Battles channel. Join today!

I actually like Delta Rising.
    edited March 2014
    Question. Do you require voice chat?
    Star Trek Battles Channel - Play Star Trek like they did in the series!Avatar: pinterest-com/pin/14003448816884219Are you sure it isn't time for a "colorful metaphor"? --Spock in 'The Voyage Home'
    SCE ADVISORY NOTICE: Improper Impulse Engine maintenance can result in REAR THRUSTER LEAKAGE. ALWAYS have your work inspected by another qualified officer.
    edited March 2014
    sirokk wrote: »
    Question. Do you require voice chat?

Hello,

No, we have been using the team chat or the actual channel itself.

It has been brought up to use but we are not sure how the RP element would translate, the RP is NOT a requirement FYI, but up to this point team chat has been ok.
    edited March 2014
    Hello,

No, we have been using the team chat or the actual channel itself.

It has been brought up to use but we are not sure how the RP element would translate, the RP is NOT a requirement FYI, but up to this point team chat has been ok.

Ok, it's just as well. I have to play late at night and don't want to disturb the family.
  • kadamskadams Member Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I liek this idea a great deal. Count me in.

@K.Adams
  • kyox626kyox626 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    This channel..this group has made the game wonderful for me. People more concerned about fun and Star Trek than huge damage numbers..its simple pure awesomeness.
    edited March 2014
    Acknowledged Wailord... will send priority 1 message, sorry trying to get the lingo down ahhaahha!

I have a question... would the Ambassador class be in consideration for TOS or fit in a group of like the connie, Miranda & Execel?

Answer: I believe so since Kirk made mention of them in ST:VI Undiscovered Country.

As for last night, that was fun. We had enough people on the channel, and available, to run a 9-person CE (Normal). For some of the others, we had two Task Forces (4-5 person groups). Hopefully we can get enough people on to do a Starbase Defense or some of the other 20-person events.

Or, as was suggested last night, run smaller groups in something like the Tau Dewa Patrol.

Either way, being part of this has made the grindfest funner. Just need to set up my other characters for this as well.

Our Battles
    edited March 2014
    Moved to first post
    edited March 2014
    kyox626 wrote: »
    This channel..this group has made the game wonderful for me. People more concerned about fun and Star Trek than huge damage numbers..its simple pure awesomeness.

Kyana/Lela it has been a pleasure and honor flying with you! To have you in STB has been nothing short of awesomeness... I look forward to many more STB with you. Thank you for making the game wonderful for me!
    edited March 2014
    THAT WAS AWESOME!

What a great group of people! You made my first non-PUG such a pleasure. Everyone were working together; helping each other - outside and during the missions!

The only problems I had (besides getting my team settings fixed) was getting my Gal-R to not overshoot my destinations.

Trizeo1, your enthusiasm is infectious.

Thanks for a great evening, see you again soon!

(BTW Thanks to everyone for your patience last night while I was getting up to speed.)
    edited March 2014
    Given how this is working, we may be able to actually set up certain roles depending on who's flying what.

I know that I would be the Tank in Gal-X with the obnoxious amount of hull it has (still trying to figure out how I'm getting 63k+ hull). Will have to work on BOff abilities a little bit to really make it work.

Edit: Oh yeah, need an invite sent to @Shrilan if possible, please. Another one of my friends in RL that is interested in this.

Our Battles