test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

In Game Lag?

joeykoricjoeykoric Member Posts: 117 Arc User
I am curious if anyone else is experiencing constant lag in game? I did not have any lag in game until last night and continuing today. It is annoying when your character critter crawls and then suddenly jumps forward, or when you tap your key to turn the character and you end up making a 90 degree turn instead. I have not changed any of my graphic settings. I even checked to see how many people where in my instance and there were only 24. Just not sure what to make of what is going on.
Fleet Admiral Zach Caldwell
Commanding Officer, Strategic Starfleet Operations

Comments

• Options
    eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,000 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    joeykoric wrote: »
    I am curious if anyone else is experiencing constant lag in game? I did not have any lag in game until last night and continuing today. It is annoying when your character critter crawls and then suddenly jumps forward, or when you tap your key to turn the character and you end up making a 90 degree turn instead. I have not changed any of my graphic settings. I even checked to see how many people where in my instance and there were only 24. Just not sure what to make of what is going on.

Many players experience lag from time to time.

This really needed to be posted under the subforum Windows, pc, network, tech. Check out that subforum for other threads relating to lag issues.
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    ive had lag in the past few mornings, generally by the end of the day its cleared up. occasionally the game grinds to a holt when about 20 players are focus firing on a voth dreadie. however i know the issue is on my end. when the server will lag other players will let you know in game. just the same if the server crashed, players will goto the forums and spam and ignore tos rules in the process.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.