test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

G5 Laser Mouse button assignments not recognized

STO won't recognize my G5 button assignments. I have my mousewheel buttons assigned to be q and e, and in the game I have turn left and turn right assigned to q and e, but the game doesn't recognize those commands coming from the mouse. If I press q and e ob the keyboard it works though.
After playing CO for years using this control scheme, I am used to moving around on the ground this way and I am getting a little disoriented not being able to do it here.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• xdotsxxdotsx Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    You could try to check if the mouse driver uses different profiles for different games, maybe it switches to an STO profile, removing your previous standard mousewheel binds driverside.

Logitech gaming keyboards usually bring a profile functionality for having the G-keys assigned individually for each game. I'm not sure if their mice have a similar thing. But I do know that the Logitech software for the G15 keyboard recognizes STO when it does its search for games on your harddisk, creating a separate profile. Since it's one software for lots of hardware, the issue could be found there.

If the G5 uses an old software tho, which doesn't scan for games on the harddisk, you can ignore this post :P
  • seazombie64seazombie64 Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Like the G15, which I also have, the G5 can be set to use different profiles. This was my 1st thought, but I ensured the profiles were not being activated. The mouse wheel was actually working as I like it until yesterday's patch.
  • ga1enga1en Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    try clearing the bindings in the STO's key bind utility in the options menu. then rebind the mouse buttons again. Sometimes a patch borks the keybinds forcing you to either rebind or reload a saved keybind file.

Note the file load option is the fastest as you can just reset the keybinds to default then load the keybind file to fix whatever got borked.

This usually works. An annoying trait of STO but I learned to live with it.
  • seazombie64seazombie64 Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The fix I found was to run my mouse settings in administrator mode. STO forces me to run STO in admin mode, so if I run mouse settings in admin mode then all is well. I would rather not run either that way but I don't seem to have a choice.