test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Genie in a Bottle

flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
... doesn't have to be a bottle, could be a lamp or other object, but yeah. :P Hypothetically (unless you're Muslim and believe in Jinn) if you came across a genie that granted you three distinct wishes (relating to Star Trek Online only) what would they be?

Feel free to be as blunt or as descriptive as you'd like, though I'd ask that people state no more than a total of three wishes. Season 8.5 is just around the corner (alongside the anniversary event), and Season 9 will be with us in due course. Whilst wishes presented here can't be guaranteed to come about, it would be interesting to see what three things people hold most value over.

As far as I'm concerned ...

1) A Star Cruiser (Refit) to mirror the Assault Cruiser Refit. The obvious choice here would be to alter the Fleet Star Cruiser (as it stands, I can't imagine it has been that big a seller), and with a new skin (C-Store w/console) plus the Boff switch could see some more purchases for Engineers desiring an up to date Cruiser with a more Science focus. I've been waiting for something like this for a while now, and with such a release would see me purchase both (Assault Cruiser Refit and Star Cruiser Refit).

2) Cryptic to go back and ... I wouldn't say rework, but touch up the Republic. I desire Republic Doffs (not allied ones). I desire assignments where said Doffs can be claimed as rewards. I desire other assignments where Republic Refugees can be put to use. I desire a couple more Boff options (any species that can be/is a Republic Doff should also be an optional Republic Boff; Suliban and Acamarian as the main focus). I desire an option that allows us to turn in FED/KDF Doffs for Republic ones (free of charge). I desire a fix to the allegiance costumes ... and if Cryptic don't wish to do anything for the Cardassians as far as the Federation or Klingons are currently concerned, I would desire Cardassian Boffs be available to the Republic too; not playable, but as bridge officers. You'd make a killing off the C-Store. One buyer is right here.

3) Customizable Bridge Officers of the unique variety. Romulan Embassy Boffs, FE Reward Boffs (Jem Hadar, Breen, Reman), Reputation Reward Boffs (Voth) ... any bridge officer that comes as a one-off reward and is ... dare I say it ... unique, should be customizable. The same would be said for KDF Marauding rewards. The only exception (to face/body morphs) would be that of the Breen Head ... for obvious reasons.

Obviously there is loads more I want, but keeping with the theme here, if the above was concluded I would be a very happy player.
attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
Post edited by flash525 on

Comments

• anothervisitoranothervisitor Member Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    My first wish is ...... an infinite amount of wishes! :D

Now seriously,

1) Fix at least the most annoying bugs. (D'angelo made a statement in that direction so that would be great.)

2) Make the Rommies a full faction with their own fleets.

3) More content, less grind.
    Tyr shall give me strength!
    For the glory of Tempus!
    I am the hands of Shar!
    Flames of Kossuth, protect me!
    Oghma, grant me knowledge!
    Lolth commands, and I obey!
  • carter60carter60 Member Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    1: the ability to use the omega outfit on bridge officers
    2:an option to put ship name on uniforms/off-duty outfits
    3:an extra hangar bay on the armitage carrier
  • captainhunter1captainhunter1 Member Posts: 1,630 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    1. Assign someone permanently and full time to the Foundry. Start by implementing this:http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=943411

2. Work on this list of improvements to the game:http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=990371

3. See #1 :)

I think doing these things would improve the STO experience and make the game easier and more attractive to play (i.e. make more money for PWE). A win-win situation for everyone. :)
    edited January 2014
    carter60 wrote: »
    3:an extra hangar bay on the armitage carrier
    Since I already exhausted my 3 wishes I'm glad you suggested that one. It's my flagship so yes please.
    For the glory of Tempus!
    I am the hands of Shar!
  • drreverenddrreverend Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    flash525 wrote: »
    3) Customizable Bridge Officers of the unique variety. Romulan Embassy Boffs, FE Reward Boffs (Jem Hadar, Breen, Reman), Reputation Reward Boffs (Voth) ... any bridge officer that comes as a one-off reward and is ... dare I say it ... unique, should be customizable. The same would be said for KDF Marauding rewards. The only exception (to face/body morphs) would be that of the Breen Head ... for obvious reasons.

This. This is what I want. I want to be able to put my Voth and Gorn and Reman boffs in Starfleet uniforms so they match the rest of my crew. This includes allowing me to use Off-Duty, Omega, MACO, Voth, whatever, outfits on Boffs. Heck, let me use some of those off-duty bits with my uniform bits, as a lot would look good together.

- Cardassians as a playable species, not just "Alien", with more hair and costumes that work for Cardassians. Even better, more Cardassian ships and stuff.

- Proper doctor's jackets to put on medical officers.

- Customization of NPC crew on ships, so it's not just a couple of white guys, a tellarite, a vulcan, and a saurian wandering around my ship in uniforms that don't match me.
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    1. Removal of Off Duty

2. Every William Ware Theiss designed outfit

3. True Exploration.
    edited January 2014
    drreverend wrote: »
    Customization of NPC crew on ships, so it's not just a couple of white guys, a tellarite, a vulcan, and a saurian wandering around my ship in uniforms that don't match me.
    I think it would be cool if the crew wandering your ship would come from your available doffs.
    For the glory of Tempus!
    I am the hands of Shar!
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    My first wish is ...... an infinite amount of wishes! :D

That's always my first wish. Aha! Get out of that one, Genie-man!

As for my wishes...hmm...I wonder what they could be...

1.) Less grind.

2.) Less grind.

3.) Free handj- Uh, I mean, unification of outfits into one "menu".

Seriously though, I do agree with Flash. The Romulan Republic has arguably become my favorite of all the factions, but there are little niggly issues that taint the overall polish. Lack of a dedicated Android and Alien Boff, faults with Alliegence costumes, etc.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • johnstewardjohnsteward Member Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    1. 1mil zen to my account
    2. a say in what cryptic develops next

That would be enough for the moment;)
  • darakossdarakoss Member Posts: 850 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    1: Sector of space devoted to territory control

2: True exploration!

3:bug fixes!!!!!!!

If I had a fourth I would ask for both Neutral zones to be back on the map
    i-dont-always-funny-meme.jpg
    original join date 2010

Member: Team Trekyards. Visit Trekyards today!
  • fenr00kfenr00k Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'd drop the bottle and leg it (not that I'd pick a dirty bottle up off the floor in the first place...). Genie wishes never turned out well. :rolleyes:

Genie wish: No more bugs
    Genie action: Genie destroys STO so it no longer exists

Be careful what you wish for. :P
  • rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    1. Division of sector space into friendly and unfriendly per faction, with new mechanics in unffriendly space.

2. A whole season devoted to improving and polishing the Klingon experience.

3. A commitment from Cryptic that, when a forum thread reaches 1000 posts, the EP will reply fully to it, in writing, within three working days.
  • sudonamisudonami Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    1. fleet gal x that they keep saying is in the works

2. no more grinding

3. no more money grubing. (you're even turning your own anniversary event into a grind to introduce new tokens that we have to pay for)
  • drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    edited January 2014
    1) a new playerbase that doesn't b**ch about every. single. thing.

2) more Foundry development.

3 A new system for advanced classes. At 50 you choose between two or more different advanced classes. Focuses your roll and provides end-game advancement without needing new tiers of ships or equipment.
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • diva570diva570 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    No one is going to say it..... ????

Oh well, I will say it then.

I would only need One wish.... Unlimited ZEN!!!!

I mean for all the things that people would wish for, you all waste a good three wishes.

Heh. :eek:
  • hrisvalarhrisvalar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Zen is overrated. I will take...

1. A special (just for me) console that boosts damage by 1000%.
    2. A special (just for me) console that boosts damage resistance by 1000%.
    3. An Exocomp Bridge Officer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Reave
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Will this genie be played by Robin Williams
    GwaoHAD.png
    edited January 2014
    neoakiraii wrote: »

"Mr. Gul Dukat Sir what will your pleasure be?"
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Wrong sort of Genie.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    1. That Cryptic, PWE, or whoever the wish is supposed to be directed at in this case immediately fire whoever came up with the 4th anniversary 'celebration'.

2. That an actual 4th anniversary celebration is implemented, even if somewhat delayed.

3. A billion more wishes, just in case. :P

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014

I'd rather have it be played by Barbara Eden

Anyways, wishes:

1. To never be forced to use Arc to play STO.
    2. For the game to be much more alt-friendly again.
    3. PvP updates.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Less everything new most be grind
    a month of the full dev team working on nothing but long time bugs that there ignore.
    Arc team to be zapped though to the mirrior universe n put in pain booth gor the rest of there lives
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    1: A never ending supply of Dilithium.
    2: No arc
    3: The magical dissapearence of Lock-boxes and all related items.

Thats all.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    ...maybe I should have asked people to state semi practical wishes. :rolleyes: Arc is coming, free Dilithium (it's free anyway) and Zen (which can be acquired through trade from free dilithium), at least as it's being desired here just isn't going to happen. :P Lock Boxes are also here to stay.
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    ...maybe I should have asked people to state semi practical wishes. :rolleyes: Arc is coming, free Dilithium (it's free anyway) and Zen (which can be acquired through trade from free dilithium), at least as it's being desired here just isn't going to happen. :P Lock Boxes are also here to stay.

So it's ok to have wishes, as long as you approve..?

Gotcha... Your opinions and posts are now void in my opinion BTW.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
    edited January 2014
    mimey2 wrote: »

Wouldn't we all?

Join me brother. For great justice.
  • wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Anyways, wishes:

2. For the game to be much more alt-friendly again.
    3. PvP updates.

U cant give ppl wishes then put a limit on the type UR POSTS ARE NULL N VOID from now on to me
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • rpuma83rpuma83 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    1. Unlimited Zen "Which can also translate into unlimited Dilithium via the exchange. :) And unlimited EC by selling keys on the exchange. Three birds with one wish."
    2. True Exploration in the game.
    3. Completely customizable ships. Being able to choose and swap from different parts that I own.
  • flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    anazonda wrote: »
    So it's ok to have wishes, as long as you approve..?
    Ouch! Which side of who's bed did you wake from this morning? Obviously not the happy one. Chill.
    anazonda wrote: »
    Gotcha... Your opinions and posts are now void in my opinion BTW.
    wilbor2 wrote: »
    U cant give ppl wishes then put a limit on the type UR POSTS ARE NULL N VOID from now on to me
    All I'm saying is if people state realistic and/or practical requests, Cryptic might (and that's a big might) take notice of them. If one of the Devs comes by here and sees posts with people asking for free zen, destroyed lock boxes and playable tribbles they're going to roll their eyes and leave without a second thought.
    edited January 2014
    Wishes are not for reasonable people. Now where is my pony?