What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Pre-Anniversary Giveaway - Day 2 [Now Ended]

1235»

Comments

• bluwolfbluwolf Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    starkaos wrote: »
    Today was give Bridge Packs to the Players day. Since Romulans only have one Bridge, then Romulans got squat. Although, that is not quite correct. Fed Romulans got the Defiant Bridge Pack for their Starfleet ships while KDF Romulans got the Bird of Prey Bridge Pack for their KDF ships.
    only if us romulans buy allied ships. my self i like using romulan ships.
    STO : member since 2009 beta tested, pre-order, an bought the game.
  • mynameisnommynameisnom Member Posts: 639 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    So yeah basically cryptic ignores romulans again. Thanks a bunch cryptic :mad:
    [SIGPIC]http://s286.photobucket.com/user/parasite_12000/media/jub_zps9318ae82.jpg.html[/SIGPIC]
    stoutes wrote: »
    Those fish are much like their masters, filthy backstabbers... All battlecloaked fish, waiting for the right moment...
    The boss being a gigantic Winter Epohh Researcher. As you lay waste to the Epohh Horde, she can occasionally cry out things like, "Didn't you want an Epohh friend?"
  • foundrelicfoundrelic Member Posts: 1,380 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Is it wrong that when I first saw this, my first thought was of the Belfast bridge... and then I quickly came back down to reality. :o

Anyway, still a fun little gift to play around with; thank you Cryptic!

Actually saw someone *****ing about that on ESD.

to paraphrase them "This is TRIBBLE It's not the Defiant bridge!".

I only laughed and informed them that the Belfast interior is part of a bundle that's actually still fairly popular and selling, they're not going to gut it for a promo.
  • theultimatextheultimatex Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Well gaw dammit. I missed out on the day 1 item. I had forgotten what time of year it was and my focus was directed elsewhere this week.

Is the Horta pet awesome? Is there any chance we may get it next year? I really would like one but I don't like per character unlocks.
    edited January 2014
    dalolorn wrote: »
    Interesting. Doesn't sound like it's worth a lot more than the Horta, but...

Much better choice anyway, in my opinion. :)

But was the Horta worth it tho? Should I QQ about it? :P
    edited January 2014
    artan42 wrote: »
    Thank you so much.

The fed bridges are a bit blue though, no new LCARS?
    Not a complaint, I just assumed all LACARS had been replaced.

I want the Typhoon, but where is the Juniper class in-game?
  • devlintraskdevlintrask Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Yes the Romulans need something as well!
    STO Player since Open Beta 2009
    edited January 2014
    Well I feel like a fool. Just logged into STO and it appears I have both the Horta and the bridge packs already on my main account. Was able to unlock the bridges on my secondary free account, but I am not too miffed about the Horta since I rarely use it on my main account.

Sorry for the unnecessary QQ.
  • tigerblade66tigerblade66 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Reman/Romulan captains can claim both sets of bridges at once but cannot use them on Romulan ships :(.

Still, it's a nice freebie for my Fed/Kdf captains.

Thank you very much, Cryptic, and here's to the Anniversary!

Let me get this straight, you're giving me Free #$%@ I can't use and a Free ship I can either grind and/or pay for as an appreciation on your 4th Anniversary...

Yes, I too would like to Thank you with a gesture on one hand. (And I'm not saying you're number one either.) :mad:
    edited January 2014
    We are excited to announce that today's FREE C-Store items are the Defiant Bridge Pack and Bird of Prey Bridge Pack! Read more for full details, including claiming instructions.

Click here to read more.

Quyick question for ya bud. Why do all my bridge packs state, "As a Gold member, you already have access to this item"?

Where these ever given away free to new Lifetime or Gold subscribers? Because I paid the full sale price for ever single bridge pack it seems, and its a bit sucky if all of them were given away for free at some point in the past.
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,980 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    So yeah basically cryptic ignores romulans again. Thanks a bunch cryptic :mad:

Oh stop your whining. Romulans have the best ship interiors this game has to offer. This just brings the average for FED and KDF up a tiny notch, but it's still no where near what you guys have already.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • vilecalamitousvilecalamitous Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I don't see why you guys are complaining about Romulans not getting anything yesterday. If you choose to fly around in a Fed or KDF ship as a Romulan then you can use the bridges that were given out.
  • goldentalosgoldentalos Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I don't see why you guys are complaining about Romulans not getting anything yesterday. If you choose to fly around in a Fed or KDF ship as a Romulan then you can use the bridges that were given out.

This, so much this people. Before I joined these forums, I thought that the self-entitled reputation of the playerbase was mostly false. I am honestly dumbstruck by how much complaining is going on about free stuff. If I were in charge no one would ever get free stuff again.

And the sad thing? I heavily suspect this happens every time. I'd say for shame people, but its pretty clear that some of you have none.
  • demonwolf1975demonwolf1975 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    This, so much this people. Before I joined these forums, I thought that the self-entitled reputation of the playerbase was mostly false. I am honestly dumbstruck by how much complaining is going on about free stuff. If I were in charge no one would ever get free stuff again.

And the sad thing? I heavily suspect this happens every time. I'd say for shame people, but its pretty clear that some of you have none.

this is only the 2ed time thay have dun this and yes the 1st time ppl complained about what was free

and to all of you complaining dont forget they dont have to give any thing out for free ty to rember that befor you complain that its not what YOU whant or that you payed for it in the past jest like STO you didnt have to biy it jest like STO dosent have to givet it out for free for 1 day
  • ayradyssayradyss Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I've never understood the whole mindset of "Fed/KDF/Rom" when it comes to viewing the game as a player. IMO, people need to wake up to the fact that, as consumers, we have access to the WHOLE game. You're not a Romulan, you're a human sittting at a computer looking for something fun to do. Play Romulan, play Fed, play KDF. You have access to it all -- these freebies are only useless if you make them so by ignoring the other 2/3rds of the game.
    Live long, and prosper.
  • nutronicusnutronicus Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    These aren't really free are they?
    I went there and saw a tick next to them but I can't use them without paying to have them on my ship and I don't even know how to make money :/
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,433 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    nutronicus wrote: »
    These aren't really free are they?
    I went there and saw a tick next to them but I can't use them without paying to have them on my ship and I don't even know how to make money :/
    The simplest way to make EC is to take those things the enemy drops during missions, check the price at the Exchange (go to the Exchange, open that window, make sure you have Buy showing, then drag the item you want to sell into the slot at the top of the Buy window and hit Search), and sell them for slightly less than the current asking price. Also, when you get the opportunity to scan anomalies or (after lvl 10) do DOff missions that involve scanning for things, do so. You can get particle traces, which sell for goodly amounts of EC on the Exchange. And of course, if it doesn't fetch a worthwhile price (some of the foodstuffs, for instance), just recycle it through your replicator for EC. (The same thing can be done for items that are bound to you, but which you're not going to use; all of those except the ones that come attached to ships will bring you EC.)
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • cadenphoenixcadenphoenix Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I agree I love being a Romulan!! Wheres the love? = P

TYVM Cryptic I love this game more and more!!
This discussion has been closed.