test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Pre-Anniversary Giveaway - Day 2 [Now Ended]

Comments

• kalanikalani Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    True, but don't forget, you can choose any of your allies ships and use these Bridge Packs on those vessels.

With the new Ship Loadout System, you can set up multiple ships (including some of your allied vessels with these bridge packs) to switch over to for special events or STFs and boom, freebie is used and enjoyable for all!

Go Romulan Power!

What T5 Fed or KDF ship is available to Romulan Captains?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • borg0vermindborg0vermind Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Please give us:
    -additional free bank slots
    -additional free inventory slots
    -free red matter modulator
  • gurluasgurluas Member Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    kalani2 wrote: »
    What T5 Fed or KDF ship is available to Romulan Captains?

None.

But I am a Romulan that does not like Warbirds.

So I use Tier 4 refits, they're pretty close in power.

I really wish I could use the D'kyr though :/
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Thanks for the BOP bridges i use to fly the B'rel before I got the Chell grett but I'm saving up for the fleet version (need more fleet marks) and will use one of these bridges. Not really going to use the defiant ones but it's free so you never know.
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • pyrogxmk3pyrogxmk3 Member Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    True, but don't forget, you can choose any of your allies ships and use these Bridge Packs on those vessels.

With the new Ship Loadout System, you can set up multiple ships (including some of your allied vessels with these bridge packs) to switch over to for special events or STFs and boom, freebie is used and enjoyable for all!

Go Romulan Power!

Are you expanding the available choices, or are we talking the standard "Available with free ship chit at 10/20/30/40" ships?
  • bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    dalolorn wrote: »
    Interesting. Doesn't sound like it's worth a lot more than the Horta, but...

Much better choice anyway, in my opinion. :)

its tacky to talk about price but I make it nearly 25 uk pounds

2x bridge packs 5 each = 10
    hard to put a price on the horta as its the account wide reclaimable version but as I have 3 toons if I got a horta for each it would have cost around 13.50 so I rounded it up being as you can claim an infinite amount and called it 15

total = 25

wonder what we will get tomorrow, then the big event Thursday, whoooop I think I will explode with excitement!

thanks ever so much you guys!

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    ive always been tempted to get a bop bridge pack and was pretty pleased to see one as todays giveaway.
    unfortunately i am not able to put it to use due to the ship tailor being bugged as all hell, so i am unlikely to ever buy one in the future.
  • switchngcswitchngc Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Go Romulan Power!

Except that at level 50, Romulans can't use any top tier ships from their allies, all but forcing all level 50 Romulans to have either low quality ships for their rank, or the same exact bridge.
  • wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Now this is a gift
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    hanover2 wrote: »
    Romulans have received more than enough love recently. Don't expect any sympathy there. Moving on...

If they follow the pattern, next will be a small craft, followed by a couple of the less popular C-store ships.

sadly the c-store giveaway ends with the giveaway tomorrow, so much for that theory.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    After Dev Blog #45, it's going to have to be something big to distract the player base.

At the very least a tier V ship, per faction.
  • cavetroll001cavetroll001 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    If they do give away ships tomorrow, I hope they remember they have a 3rd faction that got NOTHING on day 5 of the last giveaway:eek:. In all fairness to this underappreciated 3rd faction, I say the only ship they give out (if they give any ships at all) is a T5 Romulan ship to make up for this slight.:D
  • kneeliftkneelift Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    OMG yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is like hitting the lottery at Victoria's Secret!!!!!!
  • sla9sla9 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    :(What do the romulans get, that I got the packs but can't do anything with them
  • mvp333mvp333 Member Posts: 509 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Tomorrow: D'kyr and... something?
  • annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,662 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    guessing you have to log into ARC to get it...
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    guessing you have to log into ARC to get it...

Actually, you'll have to log into ARC fifteen times, with each attempt spaced a minimum of 20 hours apart.
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    This is an awesome gift. I didn't have either one of those, and you get several from this. I will have to get this before it slips away. I can use those Bridges on some of my ships.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,781 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    <sigh> Well I gues I'll chime in as well ...

My Fed and Klink toons thank you from he bottom of their 4 and 8 chambered hearts respectively ... This is a truly great gift ...

Now ...

My Rom toon is bitterly, even angrily, disappointed to say the least ... What could possibly have been a better time to release a Romulan Bridge Pack, than now ... Because you are working on Romulan Bridge packs right Cryptic???

I mean you're just putting the final touches on converting the literally dozens of Romulan and Reman Graphics Assets, already in game and available, into a bridge pack right?

<bigger sigh>

It's sad really that they have this new episode and new faction and launch it with all the fanfare, and then just leave it half finished and apparently un-loved ...
    Oh, hoho hohhhhh, Oh,, hoho, hohhhhh
    My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zps5etu86s1.png
  • cyckathcyckath Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    While my Klingon captain will benefit most, glad to get both options.
  • lincolninspacelincolninspace Member Posts: 1,843 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Nice.

10 chars/
    A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM
    Parallels: my second mission for Fed aligned Romulans.
  • thechervilthechervil Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Just wanted to say thank y'all for the gifts.

It is nice to get some things that aren't high on my priority list to spend my zen on, but that are still pretty cool to have!

And I do like the Khan uniform, just have to find a chance to use it "properly".

Looking forward to seeing what's next! (the D'kyr wouldn't go amiss)
  • thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,545 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Thank you for the Bridge Packs! I suppose now I'll have to go purchase the ships to go with them.

Oh. Waitaminnit. I just saw what you did there. Well played, pwe/cryptic. :D
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • sanatobasanatoba Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Awesome! I didn't have either of these. Thank you Cryptic! :D
    Been Playing STO as much as I can for 11+ Years!

"Never Surrender! Never give up Hope!"
    "Prosperity and Success in everything you do."
    "To Boldly go.........well punch it already!"
    "To Be or Not To Be"....Alas, the Foundry is Not To Be. We Shall miss Thee, dear Friend!
    "Does anyone remember when we used to be explorers?"- Captain Jean-Luc Picard
    Thank You, Cryptic......even when I don't agree with all your decisions....Thank You for Star Trek Online!
  • hawke89305092hawke89305092 Member Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Is it wrong that when I first saw this, my first thought was of the Belfast bridge... and then I quickly came back down to reality. :o

Anyway, still a fun little gift to play around with; thank you Cryptic!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • goldentalosgoldentalos Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    So much complaining, honestly people.

I wasn't annoyed at all with the lack of Rom options, though I do hope that they will be present for the final day.
  • wayofderawayofdera Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    No Romulan free bridge layout? Oh wait, there are no variations of bridge layouts for Romulans still. Nice.
  • bluwolfbluwolf Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    yep us romulans are got left out:(
    STO : member since 2009 beta tested, pre-order, an bought the game.
  • mynameisnommynameisnom Member Posts: 639 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Ok so today federation players got a defiant bridge and klinks got a something bridge and roms get_____________. really? at lest give us SOMETHING instead of nothing, I mean I know we are a "Fraction" and not "A faction" but come ****ing on. This is past the point of ridiculousness. End the goddang TRIBBLE, and stop being speciest.
    [SIGPIC]http://s286.photobucket.com/user/parasite_12000/media/jub_zps9318ae82.jpg.html[/SIGPIC]
    stoutes wrote: »
    Those fish are much like their masters, filthy backstabbers... All battlecloaked fish, waiting for the right moment...
    The boss being a gigantic Winter Epohh Researcher. As you lay waste to the Epohh Horde, she can occasionally cry out things like, "Didn't you want an Epohh friend?"
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Today was give Bridge Packs to the Players day. Since Romulans only have one Bridge, then Romulans got squat. Although, that is not quite correct. Fed Romulans got the Defiant Bridge Pack for their Starfleet ships while KDF Romulans got the Bird of Prey Bridge Pack for their KDF ships.
This discussion has been closed.