test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Re: Tier 5 Connie

Comments

• age03age03 Member Posts: 1,664 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Just make a Miranda retrofit like the B'Rel.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Age StarTrek-Gamers Administrator
    USS WARRIOR NCC 1720 Commanding Officer
    Star Trek Gamers
  • snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    hravik wrote: »
    Oatmeal raisin please.

Should be in the mail, unless the mail system got bugged again.
    There is no 'venom spewing' here

Sure there is. It's the same old story. You don't like Ship X, but you love Ship Y. Ship Y (which if I were to assign a specific ship to that variable, might be the one in your sig) is already in-game at T5. So you get to fly one of your favorites.

But Ship X is someone else's favorite. And god forbid someone else wants to fly their favorite ship at T5.

Nevermind the fact that both ships by 2409 are dated.

It's just round and round and round it goes. I just never understand it. Why is there such a problem with someone wanting to fly a Miranda at T5? It's a fine ship. And can be just as powerful as other frigate type ships at that tier.

Just like the NPC version is just as powerful as other NPC frigates.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2014
    That's what I'm doing.

When I said patrols I meant the static Deep Space Encounters from Enemy Signal Contacts. I forget exactly where the Mirror Universe ones spawned. It's been awhile.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2014
    daka86 wrote: »
    thare no need for retrofit for the NX-1

When someone says I would love to fly Ship X at T5 ... if your response is "there's no need to fly Ship X at T5, instead we can fly this other ship which looks almost nothing like the one you want to fly ..."

That's probably not going to go over well with the person who wants to fly Ship X.

Let's plug an actual ship into this equation and see how it pans out.

"I want to fly an Excelsior at T5!"

"There's no need for a T5 Excelsior, you can fly THIS instead."

Just wait for the flames to catch fire.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • captainpirkocaptainpirko Member Posts: 270 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    *siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigghhhhhh*

getting so sick of these threads.

riiight. so. the (almost afraid to say it) CANON reason the miranda, connie, oberth, NX-01, etc. cant be used at endgame is this:

upgradability. some ships can be retrofitted better then others. see, some designs are what's known as revolutionary. they not only work well in their own time, but can actually serve extremely well long past their due date. the excelsior is as such. it was so advanced it actually lasted well into the dominion war, and did pretty well. even when its tactical capabilities were stretched beyond it's max, its size and design made it great for use as a troop carrier.

the miranda was similar. think about it, this ship REALLY lasted an age. given this thing is originally older then the connie, and was still in use through the dominion war is mind blowing. it got more refits then any other ship class in history. Soyuz, reliant, a few others i dont remember.... they each looked basically exactly the same with some bodily change that warranted a name change to differentiate. this ship started as a light cruiser, serving as the literal swiss army knife. it had the ability to do everything, and was small enough to be easily produced, a contributing factor to why there's so many of them.
    however, no design is perfect, and when the need for something better came around, the miranda couldnt always keep up. with bio-neural circuitry, gelpacks, and huge upgrades to power and computer systems, alot of which were depended on for the latest weapons, the miranda just couldnt keep up. these sort of ships were pre-isolinear chip technology, and many ships before that time werent able to be upgraded. many ships that did have isolinear chips couldnt go to bio-neural. so there's really no reason to expect that something as old as a miranda could keep up. with how far in the future STO takes place, these old ships are way under powered, undergunned, and undermanned to be of any help. i'd be like pulling up with a group of king raptors in a bi-plane. not only would you be the first to die (assuming you could keep up) but you'd also be lacking the weapons to be of any help. sure, we can attach some engines to the back to make it faster, some rockets as weapons, add some armor to make it last more then a second to machine gun fire, but in the end its design is too old to get any of the upgrades that really make the class 4 fighters we have today so many times better then a bi-plane. thats not to say they cant help in some LIMITED fashion, and indeed other aircraft from that time would serve better then it, but that doesnt mean they'd last forever, nor that we'd want them too.

if mirandas were flyable at T5, with even 3 fore/aft weapons and given the same fighting powers as my sovereign, i'm pretty sure my entire crew would quit. my ship's not the best, but i'd be forever hurt if a miranda COULD even compete with such a new and advanced ship.
    [SIGPIC]Timelords Fleet [/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2014
    *siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigghhhhhh*

getting so sick of these threads.

Then don't read them and don't reply in them.

Also nothing you posted is canon and your main idea goes against what was published by the STO novel Needs of the Many.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    shpoks wrote: »
    Evidence, Phlox?
    It was posted years and years ago that the connie was not allowed to be a T5 ship by CBS. It was also posted by wishy if I recall correctly. If you won't take my word for it then well, meh. I'm not searching hundreds of thousands of posts to prove it lol.
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

• hravikhravik Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Should be in the mail, unless the mail system got bugged again.

I only received crumbs and an IOU from an Ensign Ricky. One of yours I suppose? You should put him in a red shirt and send him on an away mission immediately.

Sure there is. It's the same old story. You don't like Ship X, but you love Ship Y. Ship Y (which if I were to assign a specific ship to that variable, might be the one in your sig) is already in-game at T5. So you get to fly one of your favorites.

Let me stop you right there.

My favorite Starfleet ship IS the Miranda, but I think the ship line up is bad enough as it is, and will likely get worse so long as a certain foo...I mean, wonderful dev is in charge of ships.

Go back and check my post history, or least as much as is left intact, going all the way back to 2010. I've been forwarding the idea of a new 'Miranda type' for years, to continue the line of something like a pocket cruiser. Constitution -> Miranda, Excelsior -> Centaur, Galaxy -> Nebula. Its time for a new one, maybe built from Sovereign parts, maybe Odyssey. But the past needs to, and should have stayed in the past from the start.
    askray wrote: »
    It was posted years and years ago that the connie was not allowed to be a T5 ship by CBS. It was also posted by wishy if I recall correctly. If you won't take my word for it then well, meh. I'm not searching hundreds of thousands of posts to prove it lol.

That's easy to find.

Here.
    Q: dorko1 I know that the refit is still a touchy subject, but could you guys shed any light on what might happen? I understand that there should be obvious misgivings about the idea of the Constitution class outmatching a vessel 200 yrs new and twice its size, but a replica that?s really more of an Excalibur class vessel might be able to add something to the mix.

A: You are correct that it is a touchy subject amongst the community and based on the discussions we?ve had with CBS about ships, I don?t think we?re going to put a high-end Constitution Class refit into the game. You can still have a lower tier TOS Connie use the Squad Leader feature to bring their stats up to a higher level, but the odds of an end game Connie refit is a long shot.

And here.
    Q: (thmichael) Are you going to implement the Ambassador Class at some point? And would it be possible to implement the Old Constitution Class for higher ranks?

Dstahl: Yes. The Ambassador class is coming in 2013. CBS is still pretty adamant about the Old Connie not being an end game ship, but you never know what can happen as time rolls by.

There are more, dev interviews, and forum posts, but the Ask Cryptics are the easiest.
  • solemkofsolemkof Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    [...] CANON reason the miranda, connie, oberth, NX-01, etc. cant be used at endgame is this:

upgradability.
    What's the explanation for Klingons and Romulans ignoring your canon and fitting endgame tech in 250 year old ship designs?
    The ships available at endgame set the timeframe of what era ships can be included and thereby make requests for any shipdesign from that timeframe reasonable; devs don't have to listen to it, of course.

That's easy to find.

Here.

And here.
    Bloody redirects to STOs ARC homepage, can't even convert links of their own articles :mad:

The quotes you posted also explain why people keep asking for these ships:
    Q: dorko1 I know that the refit is still a touchy subject, but could you guys shed any light on what might happen? I understand that there should be obvious misgivings about the idea of the Constitution class outmatching a vessel 200 yrs new and twice its size, but a replica that?s really more of an Excalibur class vessel might be able to add something to the mix.

A: You are correct that it is a touchy subject amongst the community and based on the discussions we?ve had with CBS about ships, I don?t think we?re going to put a high-end Constitution Class refit into the game. You can still have a lower tier TOS Connie use the Squad Leader feature to bring their stats up to a higher level, but the odds of an end game Connie refit is a long shot.
    Q: (thmichael) Are you going to implement the Ambassador Class at some point? And would it be possible to implement the Old Constitution Class for higher ranks?

Dstahl: Yes. The Ambassador class is coming in 2013. CBS is still pretty adamant about the Old Connie not being an end game ship, but you never know what can happen as time rolls by.
    They lack a definite NO and raise hopes that it can change in the future. I realize those quotes can be interpreted as euphemism for "No" but I wouldn't settle for interpretations on this matter.
  • captainpirkocaptainpirko Member Posts: 270 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    solemkof wrote: »
    What's the explanation for Klingons and Romulans ignoring your canon and fitting endgame tech in 250 year old ship designs?
    The ships available at endgame set the timeframe of what era ships can be included and thereby make requests for any shipdesign from that timeframe reasonable; devs don't have to listen to it, of course.

that's a completely different matter. klingons arent known for changing ships. you might notice that their T1 ship, the brel, retrofitted to the brel T5, is the weakest ship in the game. its got the hull of a beefy shuttle, and really honestly sucks in this game.

now, KDF dont really upgrade their ships the same way starfleet does. starfleet has hundreds of rules for ships and stations. cheif O'Brien once talked about this by saying that he had to modify alot of DS9 to have a secondary backup. the klingons dont really seem like the type to have much of a decent primary backup, as their ships have a strong "all or nothing" emphasis. romulan ships operate completely differently. and while we dont really know much about them, they have shown to use old ships just as much as new ones, though the KDF are known for this alot more with their use of brels and D-7s. why the D-7 isnt available in STO is honestly beyond me.

Also nothing you posted is canon and your main idea goes against what was published by the STO novel Needs of the Many.

never heard of this novel you refer too, sorry. as for my post not being canon, please elaborate as i'm going off only show references.
    [SIGPIC]Timelords Fleet [/SIGPIC]
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    never heard of this novel you refer too, sorry. as for my post not being canon, please elaborate as i'm going off only show references.
    The novel covers the history of the Federation from Nemesis to 2409. It is a much more elaborate Path to 2409. Within those 30 years STO establishes its game canon.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
    edited April 2014
    But the past needs to, and should have stayed in the past from the start.

But it hasn't. It just hasn't happened in this game. We have T5 Nebulas, Excelsiors, Ambassadors and Galaxies.

It's all already in there. So since we're already in that universe playing that game with all of those old ships, a T5 Miranda should be A-OK.

A T5 Centaur is fine. And should exist. Because the JHAS exists.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2014

Star Trek Online, Needs of the Many is the official novel of the game Star Trek Online. It's presented as a series of interviews for a novel being written by Jake Sisko.

It also contains the timeline that bridges the gap from the end of the shows all the way up to 2409 when you start the game as a new character.

It is the game's version of canon. It establishes how the game and its story came to be. And in it they explain away much of the issues with ships. So it supersedes pretty much what you were trying to say when it explains how in the game you can have a Miranda and a Shikar and a Centaur and they all are from three different time periods and yet all perform exactly the same. Or you can have Cheyenne, a Dakota and a Stargazer. Or you can have a Sovereign, Imperial or Noble or Majestic. And so on and so forth. All ships that perform the exact same, but are from different eras.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Star Trek Online, Needs of the Many is the official novel of the game Star Trek Online. It's presented as a series of interviews for a novel being written by Jake Sisko.

It also contains the timeline that bridges the gap from the end of the shows all the way up to 2409 when you start the game as a new character.

It is the game's version of canon. It establishes how the game and its story came to be. And in it they explain away much of the issues with ships. So it supersedes pretty much what you were trying to say when it explains how in the game you can have a Miranda and a Shikar and a Centaur and they all are from three different time periods and yet all perform exactly the same. Or you can have Cheyenne, a Dakota and a Stargazer. Or you can have a Sovereign, Imperial or Noble or Majestic. And so on and so forth. All ships that perform the exact same, but are from different eras.

Woah.

And it's only $8! :)

EDIT: Found an old gift card. STO novel, here I come.
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Woah.

And it's only $8! :)

EDIT: Found an old gift card. STO novel, here I come.

Gorn Baseball was the best story.

Apparently bringing disruptors onto the field is an automatic disqualification. Who knew?
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    askray wrote: »

Eh, I don't think you'd have any reason to lie in order for me to not take your word for it. In fact, I don't even need to take your word for it, I'm very much aware what Cryptic said.

The thing is, I don't trust 100% what Cryptic says on this matter, especially not dStahl 2012 edition.
    When I speak of evidence, I think of CBS - a confirmation of this thesis on their behalf since they're pointed out as the main roadblock in order to finally close this neverending topic. Until then, it's all just hearsay for me, because Cryptic has retconed and changed things and statements so many times that I can't even count.
    Wasn't CBS also pointed as the main force behind limiting alien ships to lockboxes because they don't want unlimited access to alien ships for faction players? Funny how we've now had several free alien ships with unlimited access to the playerbase.
    HQroeLu.jpg
    edited April 2014
    Wasn't CBS also pointed as the main force behind limiting alien ships to lockboxes because they don't want unlimited access to alien ships for faction players? Funny how we've now had several free alien ships with unlimited access to the playerbase.
    I think the most difficult thing for players to accept is that things change. What was No a year ago could be Yes today. People are constantly bringing up quotes said 6 years ago that have no bearing on the game today because they do not accept that things change. :)

Les could die in an accident this afternoon and the new CEO chosen by the Board could be an uber Trek fan who decides the company is going to put a huge emphasis on a new Trek series; and he might tell his Vetting people to OK the use of a Connie in STO. Or heck, CBS could sell Trek to Disney tomorrow. In the corporate world there are few Nos which are carved in stone. The Yes/No is entirely dependent upon timing - which is why DStalh always leaves an out of saying possibly someday or whatever.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    The thing is, I don't trust 100% what Cryptic says on this matter

Cryptic is the only reliable source of information there is on such things. Cryptic might have a controversial history with STO, but it's the best source you have. Cryptic has mostly been truthful in information they've posted. That's for the most part. I will take mostly truthful over imagination.

If you ask the players, the players will give you conjecture. Players don't have access to the same things Cryptic has.

So your options are a healthy degree of truth from Cryptic with a slightly less unhealthy degree in false.

The second option is blind conspiracy, paranoia, conjecture, opinion, What If scenarios, and blatant fantasy that has no bearing on reality.

One of these things will steer you right for the most part, and allows you to examine each scenario one by one as to whether or not it is true or false. The other will have you written off as an insane and delusional cynic who has no relevant opinion on STO.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    I think the most difficult thing for players to accept is that things change. What was no a year ago could be yes today. People are constantly bringing up quotes said for 6 years ago that have no bearing on the game today.

Les could die in an accident this afternoon and the new CEO chosen by the Board could be an uber Trek fan who decides the company is going to put a huge emphasis on a new Trek series; and he might tell his Vetting people to OK the use of a Connie in STO. Or heck, CBS could sell Trek to Disney tomorrow. In the corporate world there are few Nos which are carved in stone. The Yes/No is entirely dependent upon timing - which is why DStalh always leaves an out of saying possibly someday or whatever.

which should be the answer to most every issue people have with this game....Things change.
    There are not carriers and fighters in Star Trek...things change. We saw Rom fighters in Nemesis...stands to reason the Roms weren't the only ones with them.

Where's the exploration....things change...Star Fleet is now fighting a multi-pronged war with the Borg, Klingons, Undine, Mirror people...it's time for everyone to knuckle up

Why isn't ship X the more powerful/baddest/awesomest like it was on the show....things change...the game is set 30 years later...new ships new tech

Why are we all Vice Admirals...Kirk said never to take a promotion that took you out of that chair....things change....and technically we didn't....and Janeway didn't take that advice either.
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • oracion666oracion666 Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Seems fitting.

Now, maybe they could do a reskin of the Avenger to have a SIMILAR look as the connie, but that is a long shot.
    Formerly known as Echo@Rivyn13
    Member since early 2011

edited April 2014
    iconians wrote: »
    Cryptic is the only reliable source of information there is on such things. Cryptic might have a controversial history with STO, but it's the best source you have. Cryptic has mostly been truthful in information they've posted. That's for the most part. I will take mostly truthful over imagination.

If you ask the players, the players will give you conjecture. Players don't have access to the same things Cryptic has.

So your options are a healthy degree of truth from Cryptic with a slightly less unhealthy degree in false.

The second option is blind conspiracy, paranoia, conjecture, opinion, What If scenarios, and blatant fantasy that has no bearing on reality.

One of these things will steer you right for the most part, and allows you to examine each scenario one by one as to whether or not it is true or false. The other will have you written off as an insane and delusional cynic who has no relevant opinion on STO.

Hence why I'm saying that in order to believe that (for the time being) we could use an official CBS statement on the matter. They're the holder of the IP and we can all pretty much agree that they could do whatever they want with the franchise. So, their official "no" will be the end of this endless debate. Then even the mods could close threads like these, posting the quote from CBS that says "no", because there would be no point in discussing the thing further.

I'm not inclined to believe Cryptic, nor anyone else for that matter without proof to support the facts. I can only be 100% sure when I see it myself.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not a Connie fanatic, don't really care that much TBH - however I think that having an official statement for this, to many people obviously burning, issue would put some sort of a closure.

Personally, I find it rather weird that CBS would be OK with Starfleet Captains flying Undine bio-ships that are suposed to be a live organism working in symbiosis with an Undine pilot or ENT era ships like the D'kyr and the T'varo, but a T5 Constitution class is obviously some sort of a heresy. It may have something to do with J.J.'s movies, but until we hear it from an official source we will never be 100% sure and these threads will continue to pop-out weekly.

As far as I'm concerned atm, without any clear evidence besides Cryptic's word, I give the same amount of weight to the assumption that CBS really said no as much as I give weight to the assumption that Cryptic are the ones that are afraid to release a T5 Connie because they suspect it could hurt future ship sales.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • revandarklighterrevandarklighter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    ...lots of text....

Well I have real trust issues with Cryptics information policy. Its not my impression that they are "Mostly honest" or even "half the time honest".

But that "veto right" on CBSs side if official. Its been confined from CBSs side on occasion... Although it would take some time to find the links...

On the T5 connie... well that "CBS said no" has been stated repeatedly. Even I believe that.

But they said "no" long before any D'Kyr, Kumari, Ent-era-romulan ship ect was here.
    Allowing that and forbidding the connie is simply hypocritical.

I personally think they didn't bother to ask again. Its been 4 years since then, and CBSs "quality control" obviously isn't as restrictive any more.
    edited April 2014
    I keep sending emails to them, with no response.
    edited April 2014
    As far as I'm concerned atm, without any clear evidence besides Cryptic's word, I give the same amount of weight to the assumption that CBS really said no as much as I give weight to the assumption that Cryptic are the ones that are afraid to release a T5 Connie because they suspect it could hurt future ship sales.
    Even if they make a T5 Connie there is no guarantee that it will be the best T5 ship in the game. Is there not a whole Galaxy thread about that? :)
  • stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I believe they actually tried a T5 Connie. It didn't end that well...
    maxvitor wrote: »
    Nerf is OP, plz nerf
    That's quite the paradox, how could you nerf nerf when the nerf is nerfed. But how would the nerf be nerfed when the nerf is nerfed? This allows the nerf not to be nerfed since the nerf is nerfed? But if the nerf isn't nerfed, it could still nerf nerfs. But as soon as the nerf is nerfed, the nerf power is lost. So paradoxally it the nerf nerf lost its nerf, while it's still nerfed, which cannot be because the nerf was unable to nerf.

I call it, the Stoutes paradox.
    edited April 2014
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    Even if they make a T5 Connie there is no guarantee that it will be the best T5 ship in the game. Is there not a whole Galaxy thread about that? :)

It's not about being the best. It's about what a lot of people would love. Take me for example, I'm a huge TNG fan - I still run my Galaxy-R, with a Galaxy bridge and TNG uniforms even though it's the worst cruiser in the game.
    Consider how easy and casual the end-game content in STO is, giving people Connies with the TOS interiors and TOS uniforms may as well be a dream come true (to a lot of people aparently, if all these Connie threads are any indication), even if it's not the best ship in the game. They'll have their Kirk/TOS fix.

To be perfectly honest, some time ago when people on the forum said that Cryptic doesn't want to release a T5 Connie because they're afraid many people will stop buying the new ships I usually laughed off such "conspiracy" theories.
    But now, especially after seeing the Galaxy "reboot" and how extremely reluctant Cryptic is to make this iconic ship at least somewhat competitive or at least not the worst cruiser in the game - it has me wondering if Cryptic are actually really afraid to make the most popular ships availible and usefull due to perceived decline in ship sales. Which, if it's the truth, is pretty stupid thing to think - most of the players play different ships of different chars. I use my Galaxy-R on one char, not all of them.
    HQroeLu.jpg
    edited April 2014
    it has me wondering if Cryptic are actually really afraid to make the most popular ships availible and usefull due to perceived decline in ship sales. Which, if it's the truth, is pretty stupid thing to think - most of the players play different ships of different chars. I use my Galaxy-R on one char, not all of them.

Unfortunately it makes sense from a business perspective. People buy ships not just because of stats, but because of looks or a combination of different factors.

If they sold a ship that both looked great, was popular in Trek fandom and is the best ship in the game, people would only buy that ship. Cryptic would make less money than a more evenly distributed platform like they have right now.

Unfortunately that's the way it is. The only contradictory example I can think of right now is the Scimitar, which may be a pilot project for them to see if "star" vessels from the TV shows/movies can be both effective and popular, and still make them money.
  • age03age03 Member Posts: 1,664 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Why doesn't CBS rip every mod of the net who uses the Constitution which is far better balanced than it is in this game?

Then lets get rid of the K'tinga and the B;rel T5 they are over 100 years old by the 25 Century.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Age StarTrek-Gamers Administrator
    USS WARRIOR NCC 1720 Commanding Officer
    Star Trek Gamers
    edited April 2014
    age03 wrote: »
    Why doesn't CBS rip every mod of the net who uses the Constitution which is far better balanced than it is in this game?

Probably because CBS just cashes the licensing checks. And occasionally says yes or no to things.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2014
    If they sold a ship that both looked great, was popular in Trek fandom and is the best ship in the game, people would only buy that ship.

Back in the Escorts Online days, the Defiant didn't really affect people buying other ships.

Currently the Avenger and the Scimitar don't ward people off of other ships either.

People all have different goals and styles when they play. Some have to have the best. Some don't care enough. Some people buy new ships to collect them. Others only do it to min max.

There's just different target demographics at work here. And the Constitution is mired in licensing issues, not marketing issues. Those licensing issues will come up again so maybe, someday, the circumstances will change.

In the meantime, a T5 Centaur: DO WANT
    A Constie Skin for the T5 fleet and mirror Cheyenne: HECK YEAH!
    A T5 O to tha @#$%@#'n Berth: DO WANT
    A T5 Wambundu: YES PLZ!
    A T5 New Orleans: Absolutely!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.