test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Re: Tier 5 Connie

Comments

• bughunter357bughunter357 Member Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    These are mirror universe ship not the prime ships we have, they are going to be different, yes we have some for ourselves in game but the fact is the mirror universe is a aggressive bunch so if the Mirranda and all the other ships are bit off the scale to what we have that is the way it should be, and I have no problem with the mission or how the ships are set and you ones complaining about "oh we should have a T5 Mirranda or T5 Connie" is BS the Connie does not belong with the T5 ships and neither does the Mirranda IMHO it should stay and will stay at T1 that is CBS take on the subject and bringing it back up every other day will not change anything the only ship I would like to see there is the refit not the TOS Connie now if that is the subject fine but from everything I have read this has always been about the TOS ship not the refit, which in turn would be a retro fit at T5 or fleet variant.
  • hravikhravik Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    The elite one, where they don't do what you suggest they do, and where they add support with TSS and other assorted powers to help make killing the Typhoons and Lunas even more annoying.

Hyperbole about the Miranda is all fun and games, so have at it. But really, the Mirror Event demonstrates just fine that the ship can function as well as any other at T5

I play on elite too. Does that make us super special? Do I get a cookie?

When you have overwhelming firepower, they can support all they want in the brief seconds they survive. Even Typhoons only last 30-40 seconds.
    The point was and still is ... the mirror universe lineup of ships includes a Miranda that performs just as well at end-game as other end-game ships do when they are NPC ships in end-game encounters.

That's not the point I got. The point I got is they send the small fries out as cannon fodder before the bigger ships show up. You know, what would be called trash mobs in any other MMO.
  • snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    hravik wrote: »
    I play on elite too. Does that make us super special? Do I get a cookie?

What kind of cookie would you like?
    When you have overwhelming firepower, they can support all they want in the brief seconds they survive. Even Typhoons only last 30-40 seconds.

That's not the point I got. The point I got is they send the small fries out as cannon fodder before the bigger ships show up. You know, what would be called trash mobs in any other MMO.

See here's the thing, you're using NPC behavior to misrepresent the Miranda. The Miranda does just as well as any other NPC frigate you would fight. But in your haste to spew venom at the ship for whatever reason, you're linking the fact that you can blow up NPCs with the ship's on screen performance in Deep Space 9, trying to draw some correlation. But I can kill a Neg'Vahr just as easily when it's an NPC, and you aren't talking about how they're cannon fodder and don't deserve to be T5.

So again, I would like to point out that the Miranda is showing up in droves in the MI event. It works just fine at end-game and would not look out of place.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hravikhravik Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    What kind of cookie would you like?

Oatmeal raisin please.

See here's the thing, you're using NPC behavior to misrepresent the Miranda. The Miranda does just as well as any other NPC frigate you would fight. But in your haste to spew venom at the ship for whatever reason, you're linking the fact that you can blow up NPCs with the ship's on screen performance in Deep Space 9, trying to draw some correlation. But I can kill a Neg'Vahr just as easily when it's an NPC, and you aren't talking about how they're cannon fodder and don't deserve to be T5.

So again, I would like to point out that the Miranda is showing up in droves in the MI event. It works just fine at end-game and would not look out of place.

There is no 'venom spewing' here, or whatever other silly motive you want to assign. In DS9 and in this event, the Miranda is cannon fodder, probably crewed entirely by people in red shirts.

You're trying to equate that it shows up at all as some proof it should be T5, which makes no sense at all. That's like saying that just because I can stumble my way into a boxing ring, I should now magically be a champion boxer. The reality is I'm about to get my bell rung, quickly, painfully, and hard.
  • kamakaze101kamakaze101 Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    DANG you guys..... Calm down. It's a game.
  • aedayaeday Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Yeah this old topic.. my main irritation with this was seeing as I have the TOS pack it seems a bit of a waste to only have the ship as a lowbie option. I really don't see how it makes so sense to have a retrofit of old ships for the federation. Starfleet Engineering is modular now anyway isn't it? Old warbirds are available. & I mean if Tasha Yar can have a half Romulan child I don't see this to be a stretch to believe at all.
    & then there's the Excalibur class, small frigates are useful & the Constitution design obviously worked. & don't overlook the fact that the game does have a modern Constitution refit already! The "Unique" variant. Not all the ships of 2409 need to be an Odyssey class. Who does it really hurt to have connies or even NX class ships in the game. The Enterprise C traveled trough a rift, as did the Soyuz class (I can't remember it's commission) from Cause & Effect. (TNG 5x18) As stated in Yesterday's Enterprise something along the lines of it's an old ship but we need all we can get.

So it may not really stick to canon having old style connies & NX class starships flying around, but how many Starship names do you see people use that are just headsmashingly bad?
    Personally in the long run I just want to get some use out of the ships I have.
    "I'm a science officer. It's my job to have a better idea."
  • stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Hahahahaha...

You guys never give up.

No.
    maxvitor wrote: »
    Nerf is OP, plz nerf
    That's quite the paradox, how could you nerf nerf when the nerf is nerfed. But how would the nerf be nerfed when the nerf is nerfed? This allows the nerf not to be nerfed since the nerf is nerfed? But if the nerf isn't nerfed, it could still nerf nerfs. But as soon as the nerf is nerfed, the nerf power is lost. So paradoxally it the nerf nerf lost its nerf, while it's still nerfed, which cannot be because the nerf was unable to nerf.

I call it, the Stoutes paradox.
    edited April 2014
    Seriously though... the Excelsior class was used well up past the 2370s & that's hardly older than the Constitution. The NX I can understand. But I really like flying smaller frigate ships & I'm sure I'm not the only person. Either that or we can all start killing STFs by bringing in low end ships...?

Edit: & The NX class isn't really all that different to the Akira Class in my opinion.
  • ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    They should have made the Avenger a Light Cruiser Retrofit, would have made all these threads moot
  • warlockx1warlockx1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Honestly this is the sole reason I've not purchases the NX. Fly it for like twenty minutes then get a new ship....no thanks.

Though I don't think either should be a tier 5 (though I could see the Connie) I'd like to see the NX at least get a "refit" version to tier 3. Just to make it useable.
  • revandarklighterrevandarklighter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I love how that pops up again and again.

For me: The part of me that loves the NX would be satisfied if the Akira would become an upwards struts customization option.
    It would have the general shape and be close enough to the NX, while still being 100% a new/current ship.
    Maybe unlocking with the purchase of the low level NX? Would boost the sales for sure.
  • captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    While I'd love a t5 connie with TMP customization options or even a t5 exeter class, it will never happen.
    :(

EDIT

Hey Stoutes, Wheatons law. DBAD.
    I need a beer.

• stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    While I'd love a t5 connie with TMP customization options or even a t5 exeter class, it will never happen.
    :(

EDIT

Hey Stoutes, Wheatons law. DBAD.

Sometimes I can be a BOFH, deal with it.
    maxvitor wrote: »
    Nerf is OP, plz nerf
    That's quite the paradox, how could you nerf nerf when the nerf is nerfed. But how would the nerf be nerfed when the nerf is nerfed? This allows the nerf not to be nerfed since the nerf is nerfed? But if the nerf isn't nerfed, it could still nerf nerfs. But as soon as the nerf is nerfed, the nerf power is lost. So paradoxally it the nerf nerf lost its nerf, while it's still nerfed, which cannot be because the nerf was unable to nerf.

I call it, the Stoutes paradox.
  • timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Oh dear. a conny T5 thread... must be saturday!:D
    11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Having the friggin' Undine bioships incomming, I really fail to see any reason for not having a T5 Connie and NX Classes availible to the people that loved those ships.
    What, because they're old? Hahahahaha.....Undine ships are allive! So there.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • latiasracerlatiasracer Member Posts: 680 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Why does everyone forget the oberth?

I want a fleet oberth, with the same layout as the Tac Scimitar
    warp plasma can't melt neutronium beams
  • seriousxenoseriousxeno Member Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    shpoks wrote: »
    Having the friggin' Undine bioships incomming, I really fail to see any reason for not having a T5 Connie and NX Classes availible to the people that loved those ships.

Could not have said it better. Also I will put a quote of myself from another thread in here, since its applicable:

"Request for ships like the Miranda, Constellation and Constitution wouldn't pop up so often if Cryptic would have decided to simply not allow anything prior to TNG from the start, which I admit is how it should have been given the time frame of STOs story. But as long as these even older ships are around and keep getting made, any request for TOS (or at the very least TMP) era stuff is totally validated in my opinion.

If you are one of those that has a problem with that, its not the fans fault that these requests keep coming."
    latest?cb=20090525051807&path-prefix=en
    "Let them eat static!"
    edited April 2014

Thank you. Lol.
    edited April 2014
    Could not have said it better. Also I will put a quote of myself from another thread in here, since its applicable:

"Request for ships like the Miranda, Constellation and Constitution wouldn't pop up so often if Cryptic would have decided to simply not allow anything prior to TNG from the start, which I admit is how it should have been given the time frame of STOs story. But as long as these even older ships are around and keep getting made, any request for TOS (or at the very least TMP) era stuff is totally validated in my opinion.

If you are one of those that has a problem with that, its not the fans fault that these requests keep coming."
    aeday wrote: »
    Thank you. Lol.

You don't need the undine Bioships for that.
    Any real arguments against those ships went out of the window with introducing the t5 d'kyr, furthered with the ENT-Era Romulan BoP/Warbird being available at t5. And the Elachi ship being from that era too... And the K'Tinga... ect ect ect ect.
    Dwelling it that a little bit, we could get real awesome ships like the net era Klingon BoP if people would stop being so simple minded about that "Its old" argument.

All that remains is "CBS said no". The problem is nobody can do anything about that.
  • khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I bought the TOS bundle and I have a character that I am playing through the whole game in the classic uniforms, classic phasers and the Exeter class ship.
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • vampeiyrevampeiyre Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Yeah this old topic.. my main irritation with this was seeing as I have the TOS pack it seems a bit of a waste to only have the ship as a lowbie option. I really don't see how it makes so sense to have a retrofit of old ships for the federation. Starfleet Engineering is modular now anyway isn't it? Old warbirds are available. & I mean if Tasha Yar can have a half Romulan child I don't see this to be a stretch to believe at all.
    & then there's the Excalibur class, small frigates are useful & the Constitution design obviously worked. & don't overlook the fact that the game does have a modern Constitution refit already! The "Unique" variant. Not all the ships of 2409 need to be an Odyssey class. Who does it really hurt to have connies or even NX class ships in the game. The Enterprise C traveled trough a rift, as did the Soyuz class (I can't remember it's commission) from Cause & Effect. (TNG 5x18) As stated in Yesterday's Enterprise something along the lines of it's an old ship but we need all we can get.

So it may not really stick to canon having old style connies & NX class starships flying around, but how many Starship names do you see people use that are just headsmashingly bad?

Given how so many ships in the game are nowhere near what they're supposed to be in canon, and how one of the most overpowered ships in the game is the T'varo Warbird, far older than the TOS Constitution class, there is no logical reason not to have T5 Connies and Mirandas.

The hypocrisy of this is, the people who I usually see shouting this idea down have a signature banner crying about how the Galaxy Class should be the most powerful thing in the game. Like your favorite outdated ship is somehow different than someone else's favorite outdated ship? Fanboys, an argument isn't valid because it's involves what you prefer/like, and someone else's argument isn't invalid because it involves something you do not prefer/like. Pretzel logic doesn't work son.
    "I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am."
    edited April 2014
    I'm never one to call anyone's argument invalid. I just don't see any real reason is to why the Constitution can't be an endgame ship. My definition of an mmo is to finally play a game exactly how you want. I'm more of a DS9 fan than anything, so don't get me wrong I love having the 2350s ~ 70s ships. I also really like the old school stuff. As has been said time & time again "pretzel logic" or not there isn't really a reason for this. Just the same as many bridge packs I would love to see. I like having a toon for everything & this is the one I can't have - I'm a collector.
    edited April 2014
    I guess what I'm really trying to say is everyone else has the ships they love... so why can't the people who love ships such as the Oberth, Constitution, Miranda & even the NX classes have that?
  • stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Alright, enough is enough. We already have a T5 Connie thread somewhere on the first or second page of the Fed Shipyards. Why do I keep having to remind people of the same stuff over and over?!?

T5 Connie? NO! CBS bans Cryptic from producing one. So no T5 Connie unless CBS changes their mind. In regards to the NX, see here for a thread that addresses this.

Also, I would like to remind everyone of the PWE ToS:
    branflakes wrote: »
    Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies

Spamming
    You may not create posts which contain:

Excessive communications of the same phrase, similar phrases, or gibberish.

Creating Duplicate Threads (A Duplicate Thread is defined as a thread which discusses the same topic as another thread, which has had a new post within the last 30 days.)

and I ask the moderators to please shut down this thread or merge it with this thread here. Tyvm.
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!
    edited April 2014
    Alright, enough is enough. We already have a T5 Connie thread somewhere on the first or second page of the Fed Shipyards. Why do I keep having to remind people of the same stuff over and over?!?

T5 Connie? NO! CBS bans Cryptic from producing one. So no T5 Connie unless CBS changes their mind. In regards to the NX, see here for a thread that addresses this.

and I ask the moderators to please shut down this thread or merge it with this thread here. Tyvm.

I quite honestly did a search & it came up with nothing. Google showed me a two year old one, but I know you'll not believe me so I find myself asking why I'm bothering saying this. :confused:
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    T5 Connie? NO! CBS bans Cryptic from producing one.

Evidence, Phlox?
    In regards to the NX, see here for a thread that addresses this.

That thread doesn't adress anything besides pure speculation. Unless you can bring proof to the table that CBS really "banned" all those things, all that thread is consisted of remains speculation.

lol :D Why does this topic aggrivate you so much?? :confused:
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Wait, alive? EWWWWWWWW! That's icky. I can't ... I mean ... god no. Just NO!

"Cap'n. I'm given her all she's got!"

No. No, no no no no no NO!

"Cap'n. She cinnae take this pounding!"

Please, no more!
    Why does everyone forget the oberth?

I want a fleet oberth, with the same layout as the Tac Scimitar

I have not. O to tha $%#%#%'n BERTH! Deserves T5. Fleet. Epic. That it hasn't happened yet?

UNACCEPTABLE!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • daka86daka86 Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    thare no need for retrofit for the NX-1 how about redising for the next era i found somting intresting here is concept http://imageshack.com/a/img194/5664/1cwu.jpg archer ship he has 2 planet name on him why not a ship:D (Cruisers + Bird-of-Prey)
    edited April 2014
    daka86 wrote: »
    thare no need for retrofit for the NX-1 how about redising for the next era i found somting intresting here is concept http://imageshack.com/a/img194/5664/1cwu.jpg archer ship he has 2 planet name on him why not a ship:D (Cruisers + Bird-of-Prey)

Oh god is that ugly. Also its nothing like the nx.
  • daka86daka86 Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Oh god is that ugly. Also its nothing like the nx.

I like the Design if you dont mb thay will make a new one just for you.
This discussion has been closed.