test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Pre-Anniversary Giveaway Announcement! [See Day 1 Giveaway Thread]

Comments

• monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Wouldn't it be a wonderful gift to get a free Master Key (or 10)?

A boy can dream, can't he?

:D

From the first post in this thread
    The best part is that the price for each of the announced items will be 0 ZEN, and they are account-wide unlocks!

During the summer giveaway week they gave away 2 fed uniforms and Fed/KDF ships. That's it. Those are account wide unlocks so I don't expect them to give out anything else. The only other items in the c-store that are account wide unlocks are costume slots and account bank slots. Those can be purchased multiple times and I don't think they are going to risk a glitch that would allow us to get more for free then we are suppose to. But you never know.
  • mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I know that there will be a lot of people complaining about what you ultimately choose to give away, but know that there are people out here that appreciate the mere gesture.

I mean, some people would have you give away the top-tier ship and most popular uniform bundles, which is unreasonable, and others will complain unless you give away exactly what they want, which is unrealistic.
  • kyuzos7kyuzos7 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014

interesting they're still giving away the outfit :O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kintishokintisho Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    yay, I had more than half of the summer give away stuff aleady lets hope for better odds this time, in any case its awesome!
  • killdozer9211killdozer9211 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Whether or not it's the case, I'm going to headcanon that this is a consolation for making this year's anniversary into a light grind. Which is very classy of y'all to take into account the playebase's general attitude.

Whatever the case, thank you very much, I still love and use the stuff I got over the summer, so I'm looking forward to this event as well!
  • jaturnleyjaturnley Member Posts: 1,218 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    kyuzos7 wrote: »
    interesting they're still giving away the outfit :O

Cryptic gives them a certain number of keys, so until they run out, they are still valid. They have given away the TWOK and TOS packs so many times that most people already have them, hence there are still keys.

I was excited during the last pass when they let one site give away Bajoran uniform packs, I didn't have that one :)
  • kyuzos7kyuzos7 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    jaturnley wrote: »
    Cryptic gives them a certain number of keys, so until they run out, they are still valid. They have given away the TWOK and TOS packs so many times that most people already have them, hence there are still keys.

I was excited during the last pass when they let one site give away Bajoran uniform packs, I didn't have that one :)

i bot the TWOK and Bajoran outfits :D :cool:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hawke89305092hawke89305092 Member Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I wouldn't be surprised to see some kind of Voyager themed giveaways, given the Anniversary content. The Intrepid, or possibly even the Prometheus for ships, maybe the 7 of 9 "uniform"...

Anyway, this is very much a nice gesture, and whatever is given away, it is appreciated. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • trickster34trickster34 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I wouldn't be surprised to see some kind of Voyager themed giveaways, given the Anniversary content. The Intrepid, or possibly even the Prometheus for ships, maybe the 7 of 9 "uniform"...

Anyway, this is very much a nice gesture, and whatever is given away, it is appreciated. :)

I would be pretty happy if they give the Prometheus away during the week, the only thing out of that list that I don't own.

But as you say, whatever they give away is much appreciated. :D
  • jaturnleyjaturnley Member Posts: 1,218 Arc User
    edited January 2014

I doubt it on the 7 of 9 uni, it still sells too well - people buy it just for the boots.

The racing outfit is from Voyager, tho, so that would be another reason to vote for it.
  • aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    talonxv wrote: »
    Free stuff for over a week from the C-store? WHAT?!!! :eek:

"Again," even. They did the same last year after the Lohlunat festival on Risa.
    and if you already have it, do you get free zen?

Nope. If you already have something they give away, you just don't get anything that day. For instance I got a To'Duj for my KDFs, but already had the Yellowstone so on that day my Feds had to sit out the gift receiving.

Still plenty of free stuff, no complaints here.
  • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 6,007 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Thank you Cryptic, could be an awesome week
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
      edited January 2014
      Yay, everyone likes free stuff!
      One request... can it not all be stuff I bought already? :(
      Sometimes I think I play STO just to have something to complain about on the forums.
    • origcaptainquackorigcaptainquack Member Posts: 614 Arc User
      edited January 2014
      Updated! This is totally a shameless excuse, but this is what I get for working 15 hours a day for the last couple days preparing the 20+ blog/ news posts that will go up next week between Monday and Friday

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

I do hope this is a joke on Brandon's part. me and im sure everyone else appreciates the communication that you post. not only do we watch the forums for your posts, but we watch for you on twitter for something special or secret about the game.
    • hip63hip63 Member Posts: 106 Arc User
      edited January 2014
      Once again, STO proves to be one of the most generous F2P MMOs in the entire galaxy!

Well done Ladies and Gentlemen of the STO Team, well done indeed!

hip63 :P
    • bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
      edited January 2014
      To celebrate our upcoming 4-year anniversary event (which starts next Thursday, 1/30 - more details soon), and to thank you for making 2013 the best year for Star Trek Online yet, we are excited to announce that we will be giving away FREE C-Store items next week! As we will feature something different each day, you won't want to miss out![/I]

now steady on old boy, you`ll have nothing left to sell soon at this rate ;)
      but seriously this is a really nice thing you are doing and I for one think sto and cryptic are the bee`s knee`s, thank you all!

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• newromulan1newromulan1 Member Posts: 2,229
      edited January 2014
      farmallm wrote: »
      With so many hating the Galaxy R, so that would be top of the list of poor sellers. :D

As I said before, if they do give the T4 Galaxy R - I hope they do it on the 28th for our player created galaxy anniversary event at ESD. You can find the thread in the general section or in a link to it in earlier posts.
    • thebluerabbitthebluerabbit Member Posts: 0 Arc User
      edited January 2014
      Awesome! Free stuff is always appreciated! And nothing repeated from the last giveaway? Even better!

Thanks, gang!
    • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
      edited January 2014
      I am quite frankly shocked, as I thought last summers giveaway was just an overly generous one off. Thanks guys, I'm stunned like that Malcorian Defense Minister that tried to kill himself with Riker's phaser.

I was thinking that while this one will be three days, there won't be a tier 5 ship but instead, the Anniversary ships will end up accounting for that "spot", which is a nice way to do it on one hand. Too bad the Anniversary ships aren't account wide unlocks, I'd like to do a Fed Sci someday and this Science Destroyer would be the perfect flag ship. Oh well.
      None of the items for this giveaway are the same as the past summer's :)

Updated! This is totally a shameless excuse, but this is what I get for working 15 hours a day for the last couple days preparing the 20+ blog/ news posts that will go up next week between Monday and Friday

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
      That's a perfectly valid excuse, to err is human, to err while fatigued is almost expected. Don't make us pull CMO authority and relieve you of duty til you're adequately rested.
      shpoks wrote: »
      Brandon, I'm sure you already have these things sorted out by now - but you know what would be nice & cool? Giving away a free Galaxy-R Cruiser on the 28-th. :)

Players have noticed that the epic threadnought about the Galaxy started a year ago on the 28-th and are even organizing a community Galaxy event on the 28-th in this thread. And since your giveaway overlaps with this date I think that I'd be awesome if you gave a Galaxy-R cruiser to the players so everyone could participate in that community gathering. :)

Just an idea. ;)
      I gotta admit I'm hoping for the Galaxy-X. But I would bear no ill will if it was the G-R for you guys.
      jaturnley wrote: »
      I doubt it on the 7 of 9 uni, it still sells too well - people buy it just for the boots.

The racing outfit is from Voyager, tho, so that would be another reason to vote for it.

The boots are awesome, but using the lower half with other uniforms is really cool too.

The Racing Outfit is immensely cool.
      tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
      "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
    • pyrogxmk3pyrogxmk3 Member Posts: 206 Arc User
      edited January 2014
      I'll admit to hoping for the Valdore... Layout's not my style, but damn if that's not one of the finest looking ships in the game.

Either way, looking forward to whatever it is we get.
    • roamingmuttroamingmutt Member Posts: 117 Arc User
      edited January 2014
      Great news! I hope at least one of them will be something that I don't already have. HAHA
    • captainkbxcaptainkbx Member Posts: 18 Arc User
      edited January 2014
      My question is, will there be a free item for each faction each day? Romulans didn't get anything for the summer giveaway, which was quite a bummer. I don't have any cstore romulan goodies, so that would be good for me. I wouldn't expect the Mogh/Avenger/Scimitar but who knows?
    • starportsstarports Member Posts: 0 Arc User
      edited January 2014
      We have 100's of boxes, let us have some free keys !!! :D

Or give a FREE Special Requisition Pack of our choice..
    • redshirtthefirstredshirtthefirst Member Posts: 415 Arc User
      edited January 2014
      My wish: a D'Kyr
      Server not responding (1701 s)
    • terongrayterongray Member Posts: 272 Arc User
      edited January 2014
      The best way to ensure everyone got the full potential from this would be to have a voucher of some sort each day. Monday, 500-750 Zen voucher per faction, Tues 1000-1500, and Wens 2000-2500; if it follows the summer pattern remotely. That way there would be no risk of TRIBBLE over those whom already have what is offered, you know, who paid money so the game still exists today.
    • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,185 Arc User
      edited January 2014
      Nice :) Thanks Brandon, Thanks Cryptic
    • akpaakpa Member Posts: 250 Arc User
      edited January 2014
      tnx for the great news mate! we all love free stuffs :)

i'm sorry that you have to work 15 hours per day. i know how it is... hold in there! trekkies need you! :))
      my post's number is higher than smirk's dps
    • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
      edited January 2014
      captainkbx wrote: »
      My question is, will there be a free item for each faction each day? Romulans didn't get anything for the summer giveaway, which was quite a bummer. I don't have any cstore romulan goodies, so that would be good for me. I wouldn't expect the Mogh/Avenger/Scimitar but who knows?

#1 During the giveaway summer event, there was a Fed *and* KDF ship given away each day for days 3-5. We were able to claim ships for both factions each day as long as we had a character of the appropriate faction at the appropriate minimum level; in other words you can't claim a ship that requires your character to be at least level 30 when your character is only level 24 (this is the way it always works with C-store ships anyway).

#2 The stated reason the romulans were left out of the summer giveaway was because at the time the faction was too new. LoR launched 8 months ago, so I think there is a good chance some romulan stuff will be given away this time around. At least I'm hoping.

So basically if they give away a fed, klingon, and romulan ship on the same day that requires you to be level 30 and you have a character of each faction at least that level, you will be able to claim all 3 ships for that day. If not, you can claim a ship for whatever character of whatever faction you have that meets the minimum level/rank requirement. If they give away 1 ship you already have but you don't have the other(s) yet, you can claim whatever you don't already own.

The first 2 days last time they gave away a single Fed uniform each day. There is only 1 KDF uniform, Klingon Academy, and I'm still stumped as to why they didn't give that away last time. Maybe because it was the only outfit for the KDF in the c-store.

See my post here. I posted links to what was given away during the summer. http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=14665801&postcount=61
    • tombathtombath Member Posts: 19 Arc User
      edited January 2014
      Unfortunately I probably wont be able to get the anniversary ship (my computer can't handle dyson stuff) :( but I am looking forward to to the free items next week. :)
      UL0xD8g.png
    • captainjgeecaptainjgee Member Posts: 144 Arc User
      edited January 2014
      Couldn't have anything thing to do with the rage over the anniversary ship grind? We did give you free stuff that nobody would pay for. Sorry Cryptic, I for one can't be bribed to forget how you let us down, just like the summer bribe I will not be collecting the free stuff. :mad: :mad:
    This discussion has been closed.