test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

PvP Moments that made you LOL for real

rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
edited July 2014 in PvP Gameplay
Chuckles and lolz in this thread.

Ill start, I have two off the top of my head, both recent.

Minimax trying to vape my Dhelan which was cloaking for a new run, getting dropped to 18 percent, GDF and vaping him two seconds later. (poor mans feedback pulse?)

Watching a fleetmate who was about to die in a match I was against him in, ram someone on my team and kill them both while we were both on TS. I couldnt stop laughing for the rest of the match.
Gold.jpg
Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    ussultimatumussultimatum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I love when a team already running heavy on clicky-consoles and spam is losing and as they come back from the re-spawn the amount of consoles and cheese seems to grow exponentially.

Only to lose anyway.
  • Options
    drkfrontiersdrkfrontiers Member Posts: 2,477 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    My bridge crews faces when they see Sad Pandas in arena.

... my ship's latrine after been shot at by Sad Pandas.

On that note. I never quite understood why sad. Frightfully angry 'ittle cane-crutchers if you ask me. It's like Chucky ... only in a bear outfit. ;) First time I saw them in the q's I thought, "Ah cute!" this. Few respawns later!? I was like WTH this. LOL
  • Options
    this1isavailablethis1isavailable Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Green singularity explosions when you destroy t'varoes beach balls coming out of nowhere.
  • Options
    rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The post above reminded me of another from two nights ago that had me and the guy who caused it pming back and forth loling

Was in my bop in one of those 10v10 OPvP cap n splats

Full aux stealth, not doing anything yet, just coming over to the battle, hadnt even targeted anyone

BAM i die instantly, destabilized plasma torpedo crit for over 40k

Apparently I got between someone and their target, and just happened to be wrong place at wrong time O_o
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • Options
    scurry5scurry5 Member Posts: 1,554 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Doing a giant swing on multiple players simultaneously using doffed TBR.

Seeing a torp spread chase down a cloak-vaper followed by an explosion out of nowhere.

Scrambling a team that decided to use fully buffed FAW simultaneously.
  • Options
    dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    killing someone with an aft normal photon torp spread after blowing down his forward faceing and flying by him at full speed. got to love how spread directs each torp's damage down any facing it feels like.
  • Options
    dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Seeing a fleet group against my pug group...killed them all on the first and second wave.

Told my group that they are probably just toying with us until we get to 10ish kills...

Nope, dead, dead, dead...

Just a slight chuckle that I figured all in the same fleet=coordination=terrible loses...

I chuckled,but I guess it's not l that funny.

Oh had a t'varo try to chase me down, only to tractor beamed, he pop his beach ball, and I pop the beach ball and him as well...

That was a good HA moment...
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • Options
    thishorizonthishorizon Member Posts: 1,158
    edited January 2014
    About 2 or 3 months ago I dusted the moth balls off the old defiant....

After politefully assisting a few players back to spawn... I started getting pm's and rage in zone chat about my "Pay 2 Win" ship and how I needed p2w to beat him.

Um. Dood. I'm in a Defiant.

That was a good lol

Have fun kill bad guys
  • Options
    logicalspocklogicalspock Member Posts: 836 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Driving someone off a capture point, watching my bioneural warhead chase them halfway across the map, and then seeing it kill them a minute or two later.

Killing people after the game is over with a Har'pen, gravity well, or something of that nature.

Launching a tricobolt torpedo at one target and watching it crit and kill five nearby cloaked targets that I never even saw.

Launching AMS/SS at a FAW Aux2Batt spammer and watching them murder their own teammates who started cursing them out.

Dropping an Acetone assimilator and SS the turrets to kill AFK players in C&H with their own defenses.
  • Options
    s7ikes7ike Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Well, there was this one time a day after we had a Tier 1 pvp fleet match i had brought a NX Class to it. Unknowingly the next day i log on and queue up without switching ships, i go into realize i'm in a NX Class against a TRIBBLE. Premade. Although i done pretty good considering and even got one kill after my iso bounced a few times and hit Kedric :P
  • Options
    dwatt78dwatt78 Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    my favorite lol moment in PVP was a month of so after launch. I was pvping in my BOP with my fleet and we encountered another fleet called something about lemmings. The first time we fought them we all positioned to decloak and begin the fight. We decloaked and opened fire all thier ships exploded instantly. They apparently had no shields equipped for some reason. It just was hillarious to see the entire group explode so quickly and we weren't initially even sure what they were doing without shields either. My best guess was they were power leveling by taking the xp from doing a pvp match in the fastest way possible. The second or third time we ran into them was annoying though.
  • Options
    kyeto13kyeto13 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I recently used Tractor beam Repulsors to smash a Destabilized Plasma Torpedo back at into the sender's hull :D Funny as hell as the game just goes "X was Killed" and offers no explanation.

Getting a proper double kill between me and my teammates by using a Gravity well and a few Tetryon Cascades.

Those few after match ****talk sessions where they accuse you of cheating because you managed to shrug off their 2k DPS "alpha" attack... consistently.. for the entire match.

After wiping the floor in a Fleet-made team, shouting out our fleet ad in Zone chat when it is over :D
    Live on Earth. Work in Space. Play with Dragons. Join the best add on to STO, the Neverwinter holodeck program! Only 14 GPL a month.
  • Options
    maicake716maicake716 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    About 2 or 3 months ago I dusted the moth balls off the old defiant....

After politefully assisting a few players back to spawn... I started getting pm's and rage in zone chat about my "Pay 2 Win" ship and how I needed p2w to beat him.

Um. Dood. I'm in a Defiant.

That was a good lol

Have fun kill bad guys

well... to be fair, the defiant was one of the original p2w ships :P
    mancom wrote: »
    Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
    Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
    Do you even Science Bro?
  • Options
    generalmocogeneralmoco Member Posts: 1,634
    edited January 2014
    I remember this time when I was having a really really really bad day.... so one of my friends decided to mess with me to the point where I said... Bring it on... You, Your Best Ship, and me, In my shuttle...

To my surprise he brought a Caitian Carrier... and from there on my love for pvp turned...

Not only did my Shuttle survived but It took down a Caitian Carrier and it's pets in one shot.....

My day was made, and now I was the one loling at my friend....
  • Options
    captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Fleet team (me and 4 fleeties) versus a team of 5 scimitars.
    All the scimitars were tacs running rom plas/bfaw/a2b builds and a mix of elite drones and advanced drones.
    The "LOL" part came in when our two scis started off by throwing out a scramble. The rest of us just sat back and watched as the scrambled drones started TRIBBLE with the sensors of their player allies, leading to a perfect storm of buffed up romplas BFAW death :D
    I need a beer.

• Options
    mindsharpmindsharp Member Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Watching everyone on my team alpha Kax's FBP. :P
    Karrock/Karreck/Darth Karrock/Unspoken
    House of Beautiful Orions
    PUNISH THE FEDs
  • Options
    scurry5scurry5 Member Posts: 1,554 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Another one - arriving in the arena as a ball of fire after entering from Kerrat.
    Fleet team (me and 4 fleeties) versus a team of 5 scimitars.
    All the scimitars were tacs running rom plas/bfaw/a2b builds and a mix of elite drones and advanced drones.
    The "LOL" part came in when our two scis started off by throwing out a scramble. The rest of us just sat back and watched as the scrambled drones started TRIBBLE with the sensors of their player allies, leading to a perfect storm of buffed up romplas BFAW death :D

This could be interesting.....I forgot how scramble itself could be scrambled too.
  • Options
    ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Most recent thing: Fighting a guy in Kerrat, attrition fight, he calls in Nimbus Pirate support, and I hit them with the Nukara T5 refracting tetryon cascade to finish him off.
  • Options
    cepholapoidcepholapoid Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    When my t'varo so beach ball crits for 150k in a pvp match and just see four other guys blow up , granted I'm usually included in that list.

When someone uses the new tractor beam repulsor doff to pull in my beach ball extra fast and blow up right on them.

Launching a bio neural torp at a guy is just cloaking and just watching and waiting for the explosion a minute later when he stops for a second.
    cI5XEZr.jpg
  • Options
    hereticknight085hereticknight085 Member Posts: 3,783 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Watching a guy cloak only to be chased down by a swarm of Yellowstones and Elite Scorpions. Then having him get killed by a T'varo beach ball that was chasing one of the Scorpions.
    It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once. B)
  • Options
    mynameisnommynameisnom Member Posts: 639 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Probably when my friend was testing nukara mines. He dropped em on my scimitar. They did next to nothing. I dropped a omega'd spread pattern 3 exchange tricobalt mine and I blew his ody to bits... or maybe the time my friend alpha'd my tvaro when it had FBP2 activated full aux and blew his ody up with my tvaro relatively unscratched. Eh.
    [SIGPIC]http://s286.photobucket.com/user/parasite_12000/media/jub_zps9318ae82.jpg.html[/SIGPIC]
    stoutes wrote: »
    Those fish are much like their masters, filthy backstabbers... All battlecloaked fish, waiting for the right moment...
    The boss being a gigantic Winter Epohh Researcher. As you lay waste to the Epohh Horde, she can occasionally cry out things like, "Didn't you want an Epohh friend?"
  • Options
    ilhanskilhansk Member Posts: 620 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Reading the topic, 2 short stories come to my mind:

1. GDF is op

While I was pugging with my SamiK'a tac toon, I got teamed up against a five man fleetmade. They selected me to be their first victim and I got hit pretty hard by them, but somehow I survived the initial onslaught with just measly 1% hull. So turned the ship around, hit GDF and all the other buffs. :cool:

With that kind of damage output it took exactly 1 volley for each target, and after about 15 to 20 seconds the whole team got send back to the spawn point. Then they warped out. Nothing I said or explained could calm them down afterwards. But I gotta admit, I lol'd the whole day.

2. Pranking people leads to lol

If you are trying to look at the PVP community as a whole, one can notice that the different time zones where people live in, in a sense works as some sort of barrier. What I mean by that is, sometimes it takes time for developments to pour over to another time zone. The language barrier also plays a role, if you don't speak english, it's less likely that you read the forums or gain english-speaking-only friends. As an example, separation by time zone and language rendered the german PVP community more isolated and a bit dettached from the grand scheme of things. Entire PVP fleets like Critz and TRH remained unknown for them.

Although I live in Germany, due to my work schedule, in the first year of playing STO I was kinda embedded in a more english speaking, international PVP environment, with very little interaction with parts of the german PVP communty.

But every now and then, I logged into STO when the vast bulk of the german community was active. And what can I say, I couldn't resist to take advantage of being somewhat anonymous and played pranks on some well established PVP'ers by introducing myself as a greenhorn who would like ask for a display of their skills ;)

Well if you put yourself in their shoes, unexpectingly getting schooled although it should've been the other way around, often led to hilarious confusion. Some people took it sporty and it was the beginning of lasting friendships, but sometimes people reacted downward hostile. One especially angry person wanted to called me out by demanding to know with a foamy mouth who the f*ck I am, what fleet I really am, whos alt account I am.

Good times. It was so lol.
    Visit the Inner Circle YouTube Channel to watch some STO pew pew PVP action!

• Options
    pokersmith1pokersmith1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    So, I'm in my control sci. CC is my business. So I'm having a 1v1 with this cruiser over the cracked planetoid, when somebody joins on in the fight. I ask them, do you see the cracked planet while still in fight? "yes, what of it?" He replies. So I switch to the newcomer and kill him, then tell him "you don't interfere in a 1v1". Kerrat reset. Somebody else comes along and join the fight, I kill them and asked the same question. So now, this time I should probably get a peaceful, uninterrupted 1v1? No such luck. This tvaro tractors and decloaks on me. Predictably I switch to tvaro, find it extra squishy and its gone poof under 10 seconds. It's not that the tvaro did not try to run, but I'm a cc sci. I think I can handle one romulan running away.

Now all the other interferers had taken my comments in stride, and some of them were around, watching the 1v1, never interfering. Not this one however, the tvaro that I just popped starts to call me out in chat saying I'm not that good. It was tricks. I relied on FBP. I pointed out he was a rom tvaro trying to alph-vape me middle of a 1v1, he had his tricks and I had mine. He said it was not a 1v1, there were others around. I tell him, the others around were not interfering. He says he was being chased by somebody and took me as a target of opportunity. In fact, he was not even cloaked. It's a weird sight to see somebody no cloaked, decloak but whatever. Well anyway, he says he is going to pull a real alpha vape on me. Ok, I wait. I can hear him buff up, he is around 3-4k to my rear right. I defensive buff. Predictably, here is the vape, but so is my RSP+FBP. He is down to 30%, tries to run. Cloak? Well, ok here is my GW3. I try finish him off with tbr+EWP, he hits RSP + HEs. Ok, in that case, why don't you try a bit of subnuclonic beam? 2 more seconds he lasts.

Then he calls me out again, saying I'm nothing but a spammer. He can spam too. I say bring it. Last I heard, he was leaving kerrat for a respec. :eek:
    Elite Defense Starfleet
    Elite Defense Stovokor
  • Options
    omgrandalthoromgrandalthor Member Posts: 364 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    chasing a certain very fast runner down with a temporal destroyer just to put him in a inversion field so he cant run away a 2nd time just to watch him log out shortly after saying console use is for pussies.... yet his ship was full of them gives me a good lol even to this day. Also said person got in a fleet and told the who he was after he had been in the fleet for a while and got himself kicked out I still lol at that to!
  • Options
    riccardo171riccardo171 Member Posts: 1,802 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Was in Ker'rat last day with the Avenger, then a BoP and Voth Bastion (if I remember right) sneak on me roflstomping with any possible ability. The BoP throws at me a Subspace rupture and I start seeing shields dropping and hull melting under fire. I click Ramming Speed unaware of surrounderings and think "THIS IS SPARTA!".

Hul goes to 30%. I get out of the anomaly, BoP roflrammed to death. :D
  • Options
    captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Was in Ker'rat last day with the Avenger, then a BoP and Voth Bastion (if I remember right) sneak on me roflstomping with any possible ability. The BoP throws at me a Subspace rupture and I start seeing shields dropping and hull melting under fire. I click Ramming Speed unaware of surrounderings and think "THIS IS SPARTA!".

Hul goes to 30%. I get out of the anomaly, BoP roflrammed to death. :D

Waaaait a second, ramming speed actually does damage?! :eek:
    I need a beer.

• Options
    nandospcnandospc Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    1. Too much presumption
    I was testing for 2nd time my vaper in arena, so still a concept build, and the opposite team spotted me like their prefer target, calling me the "runner". "Ahah, they have a runner, kill him, he will be an easy kill" - they said. After 4-5 kills for them while trolling in zone chat, one by one, with patience, i killed them all, with a final result of 15-5.
    No response in zone chat after the match :rolleyes:
    2. Adapt to survive
    Like 1-2 months ago, our premade was defeated by another one, so we decided to modify our configuration to better adapt to what we have seen that night. We were with a 2 sci, 2 tac and 1 eng setup, the decision made us change in 4 sci (1 dps) and 1 tac. Queued in arena, popped in 5s, engage and we met them again in cracked planetoid. They said in zone chat "ok, this time we'll be more kind with you AHAHAH"... Ok, we accepted the challenge chuckling a bit :P
    It was a massacre, we roflstomped them with a 15-0 and the whining after the match was apocalyptic "nooo we are lagging a lot" "u f**** sci spam team" "that's not pvp"... I laughed all the day :D
  • Options
    riccardo171riccardo171 Member Posts: 1,802 Arc User
    edited January 2014

it does it does :P
    In a PvP match happened something nearly equal. Was BFAWing the heck out of my Avenger and an Oddy wouldn't die due to constant heals from everywhere. I've hit DEM3 + APA, melted its hull enough, lowered myself to 45%, ramming speed, Oddy roflrammed to death :D

Extreme cases...
  • Options
    pokersmith1pokersmith1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2014

It's not called 'tickle-thy-gently speed' for a reason.
    Elite Defense Starfleet
    Elite Defense Stovokor