• organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Sorry, I'm already happily engaged and getting married this July :P

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

You are Americans, I thought most of you are polygamous :D
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    This looks very good. The new actor/actress to show up will be very nice. I love seeing VOs and the stars from the shows/movies on the game. It really makes the game great. Nice to see 3 new ships coming for each group. Which is good since I have all 3 factions. Biggest part is the new slots being added. My KDF and Fed is out of slots. So this is much needed, as I was about to buy more to get the other ships I need.

I hope the new mission will stay so I can run it again after the event. Since I would love to play it in order as my Romulan isn't that far yet in the game. Or if I do another character in the future.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • sadorsador Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Is it the 30th yet? And who's the return actor? Huh? Huh?

Wesley. WESLEY!
  • eldarion79eldarion79 Member Posts: 1,679 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I would like to see an old retired Admiral Riker.
  • trekbob5trekbob5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Will we be getting the new federation ship interiors in season 8.5?
  • generalmocogeneralmoco Member Posts: 1,634
    edited January 2014

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

My many congrats, and best wishes for You Brandon, and your Future Wife!!!!

Live Long and Prosper My Friend!!!!

PS. You better let us see the Wedding Photos/Videos!!!:)
  • dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    kalani2 wrote: »
    There are some of us who work all weekend long. I used to be one of them and I'm facing the same possibility again very soon. Is there any chance these weekend events can spill out into the week some?

Another weekend worker here. Gonna be no fun if the "popular" events are shifted to weekend-only...

Though why has nobody suspected that it'll be the "non-popular" events that get entire weekends and they find a way to keep the good ones banished to occur even less often?
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
  • altechachanaltechachan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

This is the more important news of this thread. Congratulations to Brandon!
    Member since November 2009... I think.
    (UFP) Ragnar
  • anothervisitoranothervisitor Member Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    sador wrote: »
    Wesley. WESLEY!
    Wesley, crush her! Ok, ok old joke but I couldn't resist. :D

Anyways, congrats to Bran the man, who will be a married man soon! :)
    Tyr shall give me strength!
    For the glory of Tempus!
    I am the hands of Shar!
    Flames of Kossuth, protect me!
    Oghma, grant me knowledge!
    Lolth commands, and I obey!
  • bladewolf5bladewolf5 Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Nice...love it:)
  • sekritagentsekritagent Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    bluegeek wrote: »
    I think Marks bonus should be both a Daily AND a weekend-long event. In fact, I'll go so far as to say that EVERY weekend ought to be a Marks bonus weekend, in addition to anything else going on. Prolly won't happen, but that's what it should be.

Amen.
    My many congrats, and best wishes for You Brandon, and your Future Wife!!!!

Live Long and Prosper My Friend!!!!

PS. You better let us see the Wedding Photos/Videos!!!:)

I am pretty sure he's marrying a dude (he's pretty open about this on Twitter). Congrats!
    Delta Rising is the best expansion ever and the players love it! No, seriously! ...Why are you laughing so hard? :(
  • stormbringer77stormbringer77 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    This is the more important news of this thread. Congratulations to Brandon!

There is NOTHING more important than new ships! ;)

Gratz, Branflakes! Nevermind the photos of the wedding, we all expect invites to the reception (Open bar paid for by PWE?). :D
    ***The above ramblings are, as always, my own opinion. Based on my experiences and interpreted by my mind, they by no means reflect the universal truth (unless coincidentally). Peace.***
  • worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    There is NOTHING more important than new ships! ;)

Gratz, Branflakes! Nevermind the photos of the wedding, we all expect invites to the reception (Open bar paid for by PWE?). :D

I'd love some photos, too. BranFlakes, I wish you and your fiancee (whether male or female, I'm not sure which so I'm covering both bases) the best of luck and much happiness.

And I'd like to see a revamped Gal-X before another new ship, please. Unless it's an Iconian NPC ship and you're finally bringing the petaQs for us to shoot.
  • jkirk13jkirk13 Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Please, I'm hoping that the new Fed ship is the USS Dauntless from Voyager.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • raventomoeraventomoe Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Is the Federation finally getting it's own Flying-Transforming Aircraft Carrier that turns into a robot to punch Cubes with and unleash a Torp Spread 3 of Voth Transphasic Chroniton Torps inside the poor sucker on the receiving end? :P

In all seriousness, I am now going to wait on getting a fleet version of any ship till I see what is being handed out here. I got storyline notes going on myself for my fanfic that will be added too at the announcement (and I am an Engineer....any chance this will be an Engineer-favoring ship?)
    sthraxpwe wrote: »
    Good! I DREAD having to go to ESD or the Klink Hub because my comp slows down to a crawl there. Not to mention the inane zone chat, party favors, forced dancing and other moronic behavior going on. I am perfectly content to never step foot in there again.

At some point people have to realize this is a Star Trek game and not a Star Trek simulation. As a game, I want my time in-game to be doing fun and entertaining things, not waiting 30 minutes to do something because I have to fly from one end of the galaxy to the other. These quality of life things are common features in other MMO-style games, however, nothing is forcing you to use them.

Inane? I close Chat while at ESD because some of the time I am there it makes me want to take out my phaser and shoot random people just so I do not go postal with the ship and start shooting up the docks. >_< I will go to Fleet Starbase, K-7, or DS9 over ESD at times.
    "The Multiverse, the ultimate frontier..."
    Thus begins...Lyrical Trek
  • ducklesworthducklesworth Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'm hoping Janeway, to be honest. It makes the most sense, as she's personally dealt with the Voth before, and the delta quadrant is kinda her territory. I don't think it would be LeVar Burton, I don't think Cryptic would be able to afford him. Brent Spiner or Jeri Ryan would be welcomed as well, but budgeting...eh... You gotta think this through. Some actors request more payout than others. It's why Shatner's autograph is $80 or more at a convention, and people like ultimate badass Batman Kevin Conroy only charges $10.

The, erm, less expensive list of Trek actors would probably be: Walter Koenig, Nichelle Nichols, Marina Sirtis, Dwight Schulz, Michelle Forbes, Aron Eisenberg, Max Grodenchik, Rene Auberjonois, Andrew Robinson, Tim Russ, Robert Beltran, Robert Picardo, Garrett Wang, Connor Trinear, Jolene Blalock, hell, most of Enterprise's cast. And, of course, the great Jeffrey Combs. You could probably get all of these people for the same money that Patrick Stewart would want just for himself. Some are just more willing to work for less.

If I may make a request for a non-trek actor to finally be a part of the IP? Keith David. Given Gargoyles' connection to Star Trek, you would have thought it would have happened by now.
  • atatassaultatatassault Member Posts: 1,008 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    We're losing the hourly calendar for this weekend TRIBBLE AGAIN? We got the hourly events *because* people complained about weekend events. Not everyone can commit to specific days, but everyone can find time on *some* random day to play.
  • worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'm hoping Janeway, to be honest. It makes the most sense, as she's personally dealt with the Voth before, and the delta quadrant is kinda her territory. I don't think it would be LeVar Burton, I don't think Cryptic would be able to afford him. Brent Spiner or Jeri Ryan would be welcomed as well, but budgeting...eh... You gotta think this through. Some actors request more payout than others. It's why Shatner's autograph is $80 or more at a convention, and people like ultimate badass Batman Kevin Conroy only charges $10.

The, erm, less expensive list of Trek actors would probably be: Walter Koenig, Nichelle Nichols, Marina Sirtis, Dwight Schulz, Michelle Forbes, Aron Eisenberg, Max Grodenchik, Rene Auberjonois, Andrew Robinson, Tim Russ, Robert Beltran, Robert Picardo, Garrett Wang, Connor Trinear, Jolene Blalock, hell, most of Enterprise's cast. And, of course, the great Jeffrey Combs. You could probably get all of these people for the same money that Patrick Stewart would want just for himself. Some are just more willing to work for less.

If I may make a request for a non-trek actor to finally be a part of the IP? Keith David. Given Gargoyles' connection to Star Trek, you would have thought it would have happened by now.

You have a point there. You can probably add George Takei to the cheap list if a bunch of fans get together and bribe him with charity donations. George Takei is a wonderful person that way.

As much as I want Sir Patrick Stewart (after seeing him live onstage with Sir Ian McKellen, yay!), I have to admit that he is a busy guy. Being a ridiculously awesome actor will do that.

Robert Picardo, Nicelle Nichols, Rene Auberjonois, Andrew Robinson, Jeffery ****ing COMBS!!!!, maybe Jolene Blalock. That's my short list.
  • raventomoeraventomoe Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited January 2014

You mean besides the fact the Iconian's leader is probably David Xanatos himself? If that's the case...can the alliance that will become the Federation leading the Klingons, Romulans, Voth, Borg, etc. get lead by Lelouch vi Brittania?

(Seriously, a game of chess between these two would probably be the most awesome game ever. Not to mention a war over the fate of a whole Galaxy.)
    "The Multiverse, the ultimate frontier..."
    Thus begins...Lyrical Trek
  • knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    brigadooom wrote: »
    La Forge :D

Levar Burton is one of my all-time favorite start trek actors. If is indeed him, this is amazing :D. Great job on moving the game forwards devs and can't wait to try out the new ships. I'm also happy you're finally doing away with the silly hourly events. Bring on the weekend long bonuses :DDD
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    New Ships Always welcome.

The quick equip is awesome.

Build Hot Swaps. Holy TRIBBLE. :eek:

Massive Quality of life improvements. Question. Will we be getting the Origin style ship interiors?

Gonna miss the hourly events, not fond of weekend events truthfully, but I'll reserve judgment until I see what you guys do with the daily mission you mentioned.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • omegaphallicomegaphallic Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Burton is too much of a Star Trek Roddenberry purist to do STO.

Kate Mulgrew is busy with the OITNB (I love that show btw)

Jeri Ryan is likely to expensive, same with Stewart.

Garret Wang isn't popular enough.

My bet is Tim Russ, Nicole de Boer (as Captain of the Destiny I believe?), the actor who played Nelix (I love Nelix).,
  • omegaphallicomegaphallic Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Congrats Bran, on both getting married and on America finally getting TRIBBLE marriage.
  • blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    jkirk13 wrote: »
    Please, I'm hoping that the new Fed ship is the USS Dauntless from Voyager.
    It won't be, though, since it's going to be Dyson-inspired hybrid ships.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Nicole DeBoer is actually a great choice, and in that vein Alexander Siddig El Fadil :D works too.

My money however is on La Forge.

On a happier note, congratulations BranFlakes, In the finest maritime tradition, I wish you clear horizons.

And sorry OmegaPhallic, it's not America it's certain states. But we're working on it :)
    Quality of life Improvement: This missed its season 7ish roll out

Bridge Officer Transfer, Trade, Training exchange, recruitment that allows for training bound commissioned officers on the same account, and allows easier transfer between Captains, and Captains on the same account. It could consist of a account roster that commissioned officers could be moved back and forth for training and transfer (including bound officers).

The second could be a exchange that could be for bridge officers and training or a vendor you drop your BOFF at to ensure its safe return, and Captains could train skills for energy credits, (whatever is the going rate from the vendor). This system was something similar to my initial suggestion that Stahl, that he was on board with upon his return and said to look for it around season 7, but it missed the boat :(

Also we have been waiting for the ship interior NPC uniform selection, special(bound) BOFFs costume changes, Foundry features returned for costume importing... able to have our BOFFS show up on our bridges, and maybe a slotting tool as to where would be nice.
    Oh God yes, all of this.
    mamif3 wrote: »
    IMO every "event" ship should come with its own slot not related to the cap.

I don't know what the cap is but an example would be...

You have 10 slots for your reg, fleet, lockbox ships then you also have a breen raider, normal obelisk, risa corvette and anniversary ship that do not use part of your 10 slots.
    Agreed.
    sador wrote: »
    Wesley. WESLEY!

The Boy!
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    Congratulations Branny!
  • cidstormcidstorm Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Quality of life improvements are great and these ones on the Tribble are looking fabulous.

The hourly event destruction will be nice for me. I'm too casual to constantly check it out and monitor efficiency like that. On the other hand I sympathize with all the people who are worried about losing their schedules and boosts. If the mirror event is affected by this in any way other than positive the entire rep system will crash. None of the rep content gives as much XP as it does other rewards necessary for progressing through the five tiers of a rep track. The mirror event balanced that equation out a bit by providing a power hour where you could get 70000 +XP. With it gone power leveling alts will also diminish. The leveling and mission system is nice but people who don't want to repeat it 20 times shouldn't be punished too hard IMO. Basically the rewards and availability of these events need to be even or better than it was before for this to be a success.
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Hmm.....I'm surprised nobody is screaming about the Tour the Galaxy event that is currently part of the event calender, like they did when it was nerfed a while back. Oh man were some of them angry about it lol.

Which brings up a question. What's going to happen with Tour the Galaxy? Are we still going to be able to get that accolade that gives a permanent 20% reduction to transwarp cooldown? :confused:
  • mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    So Branflakes, who is the lucky cereal? A box of Cheerios? A canister of oatmeal? A bag of Malt-o-Meal?
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Hmm.....I'm surprised nobody is screaming about the Tour the Galaxy event that is currently part of the event calender, like they did when it was nerfed a while back. Oh man were some of them angry about it lol.

Which brings up a question. What's going to happen with Tour the Galaxy? Are we still going to be able to get that accolade that gives a permanent 20% reduction to transwarp cooldown? :confused:

Maybe the 5 left that still do it might be upset, but as for the rest, they stopped doing it after the nerf ;)
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif