test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

STO thx it's dedicated players ?????

sacha32sacha32 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
Hello,

I'm A active player for a long time. And i'd like to say somthing to cryptic. I'm a lifetime subscriber and als i use a lot of the ZEN exchange and buy stuff from STO. But i whant to say that STO Doesn't do enough for the playsers , where they make a lot of money from. Server fallouts, bugs, etc @ game that cost 500 EUr a month , must work . Whe donate a lot of real money into the game and as reward whe got DL or EC, but by giving that money, whe make sure other players get the same chances whe do. Therefore i ask Cryptic, when does the time come you reward vetran players and players that often buy with real money ZEN with new items or ships. Gamming comes in a two way world. Without our money, there is no STO. Think about thanking people, and somtimes mail them a thx or give them something special. It makes evrything a whole fun and respectfull. @ 500 ZEN free from cryptic lookes cheap, srr

Greetings

SachaKim
Post edited by sacha32 on

Comments

• Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    another entitlement claim thread. i am lts and i got what i paid for and i dont expect anything more from the developers then what was advertised. and neither should you.

btw cryptic doesnt answer these types of opinions related to entitlement so youre just one the latest in a long line of players who is attacking that dead horse.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    See... The thing here, is this: You aren't entitled to anything.

It's really simple when you think about it:

For a LTS, you get 500 Zen pr month, Game-Lifetime access, as it is, to the game with subscriber benefits for all existing and new characters.

For all the Zen you've bought, you get described access to whatever you buy from the C-Store.

Basically, you've gotten everything you've payed for.

But in the end, no one has forced you to pay a cent, and TBH, 500 Euros pr month... That's kinda nuts, isn't it? Thats more than I spend for putting food on the table for me, my GF and my 2 kids each month.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    o0kami87o0kami87 Member Posts: 590 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    be thankfull you get 500 free Zen a month, as it was not part of the origional deal life times got, we got out LTS to be able to play till STO goes offline for good. The monthly zen wass put in there when the game went f2p to help keep subs and LST selling, they didn't have to do it, and they owe you and me nothing.
    First, Vice Admiral, U.S.S. Wolf Pack-F, NX-101687-FFirst., Vice Admiral, A.R.W. Moon WolfWolf, I.K.S. Frost Bite
  • Options
    captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Are you kidding? STO is one of the more generous MMO's when giving away stuff for free or even making you play something an even for a greater reward. very few other games are as open with their f2p matrix, or its ability to convert dilithium into zen.

they gave away free items in the summer event,
    had a promotion that gave away free c-store items,
    gave away a free ship and equipment before season 8,
    had a lobi event where players could get 500 lobi for playing missions,
    a CE event with increased marks, dilithium etc,
    the winter event gives away free ships, weapons and clothes for minimal work,
    the eppoh mark converter is giving you 100-200 marks per day, per character on as many characters as you like for minimal work.
    the anniversary is coming and will offer more free stuff.
    they gave away a free bird of prey to klingons.

this is on top of the fact you never have to pay for anything. all the mission content is free. its a player choice to spend money.

people dont donate money to the game (well they can but that is their choice). what people do is buy stuff they want. you want something, you buy it. its a simple transaction. i dont see why they should reward people simply for wanting stuff, beyond what they already are giving.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    anazonda wrote: »
    See... The thing here, is this: You aren't entitled to anything.

It's really simple when you think about it:

For a LTS, you get 500 Zen pr month, Game-Lifetime access, as it is, to the game with subscriber benefits for all existing and new characters.

For all the Zen you've bought, you get described access to whatever you buy from the C-Store.

Basically, you've gotten everything you've payed for.

But in the end, no one has forced you to pay a cent, and TBH, 500 Euros pr month... That's kinda nuts, isn't it? Thats more than I spend for putting food on the table for me, my GF and my 2 kids each month.

i got lts just before lor came out at 150 pounds when it was on discount, at the time i also had bills to pay. i have gotten about half of the total value out of it and in a few months presumably when arc comes with no other choice i will get 3/4 of the value from it, assuming i can avoid arc entirely and play the game from steam then i can get the remaining 1/4 value. but it was worth the price though.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    i got lts just before lor came out at 150 pounds when it was on discount, at the time i also had bills to pay. i have gotten about half of the total value out of it and in a few months presumably when arc comes with no other choice i will get 3/4 of the value from it, assuming i can avoid arc entirely and play the game from steam then i can get the remaining 1/4 value. but it was worth the price though.

Not exactly sure why you are quoting me... My post was minded at the OP...

I might have missed a point thouhg... wouldn be any news in that.
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Not exactly sure why you are quoting me... My post was minded at the OP...

I might have missed a point thouhg... wouldn be any news in that.

reyan mentioned better then i could of in regards to your quote.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    reyan mentioned better then i could of in regards to your quote.

So basically: We are in agreement?
  • Options
    schneemann83schneemann83 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Are you kidding? STO is one of the more generous MMO's when giving away stuff for free or even making you play something an even for a greater reward. very few other games are as open with their f2p matrix, or its ability to convert dilithium into zen.

they gave away free items in the summer event,
    had a promotion that gave away free c-store items,
    gave away a free ship and equipment before season 8,
    had a lobi event where players could get 500 lobi for playing missions,
    a CE event with increased marks, dilithium etc,
    the winter event gives away free ships, weapons and clothes for minimal work,
    the eppoh mark converter is giving you 100-200 marks per day, per character on as many characters as you like for minimal work.
    the anniversary is coming and will offer more free stuff.
    they gave away a free bird of prey to klingons.

this is on top of the fact you never have to pay for anything. all the mission content is free. its a player choice to spend money.

people dont donate money to the game (well they can but that is their choice). what people do is buy stuff they want. you want something, you buy it. its a simple transaction. i dont see why they should reward people simply for wanting stuff, beyond what they already are giving.
    Well going by your summation, the OPs "entitlement claim" gets quite reasonable. If Cryptic does so much for everyone -including players that never spend anything on the game and possibly never intend to do so-, why not also add some rewards specifically for those who actually spend money on the game and keep it running?
  • Options
    kyuzos7kyuzos7 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Well going by your summation, the OPs "entitlement claim" gets quite reasonable. If Cryptic does so much for everyone -including players that never spend anything on the game and possibly never intend to do so-, why not also add some rewards specifically for those who actually spend money on the game and keep it running?

Veteran rewards?

500 Zen roughly $5 a month?

access to certain area's which i believe aren't even used?

unlimited EC cap.

extra dilth refinement? i think im not to sure 1000 dilth extra each day? (some talk about it but posts say it's a haggle on it's own)

did i also mention Veteran rewards? free gear, free ships... that can only be obtained by being a sub or a LTS who knows when they'll add more items just for them.

hell im not even a sub or a lts and i'd be happy with all that alone.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2014

Kyuzos7 sums it up quite nicely:
    kyuzos7 wrote: »
    Veteran rewards?

500 Zen roughly $5 a month?

access to certain area's which i believe aren't even used?

unlimited EC cap. (well not quite... but close enough)

extra dilth refinement? i think im not to sure 1000 dilth extra each day? (some talk about it but posts say it's a haggle on it's own)

did i also mention Veteran rewards? free gear, free ships... that can only be obtained by being a sub or a LTS who knows when they'll add more items just for them.

hell im not even a sub or a lts and i'd be happy with all that alone.

We get quite a great deal of benefits, ON TOP of the general free give aways...

Heck, we even get the ability to get a ton of dil merely by turning in the marks and Items we get for completing "elite" content, that in turn allows us to use other peoples money for zen.
  • Options
    schneemann83schneemann83 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    My reply was more directed to the spending on the game / cstore part of the OP and not regarding LTS.

Supporting the game via cstore is basically the only mean without any type of vet rewards. LTS/subscribers have the Vet Rewards, gamblers get lobi - cstore is lacking a comparable component.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    So basically: We are in agreement?

doesnt need my answer as you already deduced it.
  • Options
    captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Why give something to the rich when you can give it to everyone? I'm just not a fan of saying you get a reward for the fact you have money to splash. Its no skin off my nose if people who pay nothing get the same rewards I do. The subscriber rewards, you are effectively paying for them specifically, but i dont think there should be a bar that says spend x and get y.

Neverwinter actually does do something like this, if you buy zen in bulk and i dont really approve of it.

I spend big in this game, and it would be very easy for me to say 'I deserve this' but I really want everyone who plays to benefit. I don't need a pat on the head for having money and being willing to part with it.

These rewards are thanks for playing, not thanks for spending, with the hope the people who dont spend, start to.
  • Options
    stuart1965stuart1965 Member Posts: 691 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Although this game is technically F2P,in practicality its not.
    As has been mentioned,yes you do get free ships and free stuff,but its mostly all junk,and you have to spend money to improve what you have.
    I know that you don't have to spend a penny on this game,but lets face it,if you did'nt.it would take many months if not years to get anywhere. Cryptic know this.
    Its only dedicated startrek fans who end up finding the money,to buy better items in the game,and even then,ships,weapons and items that you can buy, are very very expensive.
    It may be wishful thinking,but one day it would be nice if there were generous reductions,to make it more affordable
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    stuart1965 wrote: »
    Although this game is technically F2P,in practicality its not.
    As has been mentioned,yes you do get free ships and free stuff,but its mostly all junk,and you have to spend money to improve what you have.
    I know that you don't have to spend a penny on this game,but lets face it,if you did'nt.it would take many months if not years to get anywhere. Cryptic know this.
    Its only dedicated startrek fans who end up finding the money,to buy better items in the game,and even then,ships,weapons and items that you can buy, are very very expensive.
    It may be wishful thinking,but one day it would be nice if there were generous reductions,to make it more affordable

The only reason it takes "months" (wich it does not btw), to get enough for anything through farming, is because other people decide the price on Dil for Zen (Or so cryptic keeps insisting).

If people would sell for less, people would also have to spend less time farming.
  • Options
    talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    sacha32 wrote: »
    Hello,

I'm A active player for a long time. And i'd like to say somthing to cryptic. I'm a lifetime subscriber and als i use a lot of the ZEN exchange and buy stuff from STO. But i whant to say that STO Doesn't do enough for the playsers , where they make a lot of money from. Server fallouts, bugs, etc @ game that cost 500 EUr a month , must work . Whe donate a lot of real money into the game and as reward whe got DL or EC, but by giving that money, whe make sure other players get the same chances whe do. Therefore i ask Cryptic, when does the time come you reward vetran players and players that often buy with real money ZEN with new items or ships. Gamming comes in a two way world. Without our money, there is no STO. Think about thanking people, and somtimes mail them a thx or give them something special. It makes evrything a whole fun and respectfull. @ 500 ZEN free from cryptic lookes cheap, srr

Greetings

SachaKim

Guessed you've never played games like Battlestar Galactica Online, world of tanks or the like. Where every year WarGamming gives you a tier 2 tank. STOL gives you for every anniversary and for the winter events END GAME SHIPS. Granted not the VERY best, but still very workable useable ships.

And you want to complain about it. Seriously go play another game and realize how much PWE literally gives away.

I mean jesus this year alone: Ambassador tier 5, Obisesk Carrier, the Lobi giveaway, Winter wonder land and either the breen cruiser or raider.

Last year alone 3 tier 5 ships. And you want to complain about it? GTFO.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    You already get free money from them....
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    cincyman39cincyman39 Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Having been a gold member since dec 2010 I can tell you I feel cryptic owes me nothing. I continue to be a gold member to support this game that I love to play. I could of went lts along time ago but choose to stay monthly to help support them you see I don't have to put any more real life money into this game other then the 15 dollars a month and I get five of it back in zen if there is something I want to buy I simply farm for it and it don't take me weeks or monthes to get either.

This game is not perfect we all know that it has its problems and bugs but I love logging in to play sto This is my entertainment and do I feel im owed more just because I pay for it no.

Only thing im asking cryptic to do is to release my romulan alt from his load screen prision that he's been placed in the last three days. I promise he'll be good just let him beam down to new romulas without crashing please please please i'll give you back the free ships you gave me this year???
  • Options
    norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 2,624 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    the guy that spends $100 once a year is just as dedicated as the guy paying monthly though. LOTS of people pump some money in here and there without paying monthly and NO, the monthly people are not "paying for everyone". Both the "random payment" guy and the subscriber are supporting the free folks, yes, to an extent. But today's free player is tomorrow's customer too --- produce something they want at a price they can afford while keeping the game fun, and eventually they will buy something.....

Everyone who has spent even a dollar here deserves a bug free game. But you have 2 choices --- more content faster, or less bugs. The market seems to have decided that a few bugs can be tolerated.
  • Options
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    They just added those nice faction enviro suits to the veteran rewards. I'm sure they'll add more veteran rewards over time, not many perhaps, but more than any non-subscriber gets.

You're getting 500 Zen a month and a ton of bank and inventory slots, free respecs, and lots of other nice bonuses. Since I bought LTS before the game went F2P, I was honestly pretty shocked when I saw how little bank space free players get.

The little things you take for granted are your thanks. It's a game, stop playing it if you're not happy.
  • Options
    variant37variant37 Member Posts: 867 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    They just added those nice faction enviro suits to the veteran rewards.

And fleet versions of the vet ships.
  • Options
    captaingalaxy1captaingalaxy1 Member Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    noroblad wrote: »
    The market seems to have decided that a few bugs can be tolerated.

Its just like that saying "They don't build them like they used to"
    "Omega Class will prevail she cannot be defeated!"
  • Options
    aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    sacha32 wrote: »
    But i whant to say that STO Doesn't do enough for the playsers , where they make a lot of money from.

Good one. Oh wait- you're actually serious?
  • Options
    moosethedjmoosethedj Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2014

I bought STO on CD back before Steam or Arc came out (hence I don't have to worry about using either of them :D). I recently got the LTS on sale for $199 CDN - money well spent. :cool:
  • Options
    wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Does ur local shop give u free things for using it for the past 1-50 years nope it does not.
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • Options
    shadoreshadore Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I stopped reading on page 2 because I'm tired and reading hurts right now. Regarding someone's mention of the lts 1k dil refinement, it's a 2 day doff mission that requires 1 technician and 1 geologist. You can get a nice pair of blue techs from the ds9 bundle, but doing so isn't in any way necessary for the mission.

Regarding the op, you do get something extra for spending money: you get whatever it is you bought. Ships or keys or whatever. And when calculating how fast a lts pays for itself, remember a few things. You permenantly get a skill and expertise point boost that's in constant effect with no limit. That's a super version of the z store items that temporarily raise the amount of skill points you earn, and I assume they stack. Next you get the ship. You can guestimate its worth in zen by comparing its stats to other z store ships, but whatever the value is you get a VA level zstore-esque ship. Next the aforemeantioned 1k dil refinement every 2 days is worth some amount of zen each 2 days comparable to whatever zen/dil is going for in the exchange. Next you unlock the liberated borg race with I say is worth an amount of zen equal to something similar to what the other buyable races go for. You get the android special boff which is worth some amount similar to what those zstore / lobi store special boffs are worth.

I could go on but I'm getting too tired to think. The point is a lts pays for itself faster than one might assume.