Install Arc
Options

The Hilbert Guide

1235»

Comments

• Options
    giannicampanellagiannicampanella Member Posts: 424 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Fight, fight, fight, fight, fight, fight, fight, fight, fight, fight!!!!!!!!!

Until minor observers get a clear answer regarding the firing cycle ability interrupt dispute. We want proof not proofage.
    Greenbird
  • Options
    laferrari1laferrari1 Member Posts: 434 Arc User
    edited May 2015

Until minor observers get a clear answer regarding the firing cycle ability interrupt dispute. We want proof not proofage.

This guy is 100% confirmed italian. Indeed I didn't get a single line.

And I'm italian.
    I need to get to him. I can't just leave him out there alone. - Sometimes you've got to makes sacrifices, Lara. You can't save everyone. - I know about sacrifices. - No, you know about loss. Sacrifice is a choice you make. Loss is a choice made for you. - I can't choose to let him die, Roth.
  • Options
    skurfskurf Member Posts: 1,071 Arc User
    edited May 2015

I no longer bind distribute shields to my space bar because every time you activate a power it takes a certain amount of time to complete said activation, which causes the next power you activate to have a slight delay, such as firing weapons, activating a heal, or literally anything.

I know there have been some legitimate problems with UI lag, especially somewhat recently, but what a lot of people don't understand is what they consider UI lag is actually the system for activating powers working properly. The more stuff you have bound to spacebar (especially distribute shields since it is basically activating non-stop) and the more you mash on spacebar, the more of this "UI lag" you will get that is actually not UI lag, but just how the game works.

With that said, I still suggest people use the distribute shields bind on spacebar that are new to PvP.
  • Options
    giannicampanellagiannicampanella Member Posts: 424 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    ^ Thank you for a very clear answer.

laferrari1 wrote: »
    This guy is 100% confirmed italian. Indeed I didn't get a single line.

And I'm italian.

lol Hey, Pisan. :D
    Greenbird
  • Options
    yocase009yocase009 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Hey everyone,

I am always appreciative of the information in these forums and people willing to provide answers. I recently put in the spacebar.txt piece of the Hibert Guide with a modification I found where it does not constantly rebalance the shields (saw that it helps with DPS numbers, and in a cruiser I'm trying to squeeze some more out). Here is the modified text:

Space "GenSendMessage HUD_Root FireAll$$+TrayExecByTray 6 0$$+TrayExecByTray 6 1$$+TrayExecByTray 6 2$$+TrayExecByTray 6 3$$+TrayExecByTray 6 4$$+TrayExecByTray 6 5$$+TrayExecByTray 6 6$$+TrayExecByTray 6 7$$+TrayExecByTray 6 8$$+TrayExecByTray 6 9$$+TrayExecByTray 6 9$$+TrayExecByTray 6 8$$+TrayExecByTray 6 7$$+TrayExecByTray 6 6$$+TrayExecByTray 6 5$$+TrayExecByTray 6 4$$+TrayExecByTray 6 3$$+TrayExecByTray 6 2$$+TrayExecByTray 6 1$$+TrayExecByTray 6 0$$
    T "team Target: >> $target <<"

What I would like changed is that I have 1 torpedo launcher that always fires when I hit the spacebar. I would like to have more control over that part, kind of like a parting shot. I'm assuming the issue is the "FireAll" command but I do not understand how to modify it. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!
  • Options
    mancommancom Member Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    If you replace FireAll with FirePhasers, it will only trigger your energy weapons.
  • Options
    oldweasel1oldweasel1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    This may have been mentioned already in the pages earlier, but how relevant is the guide for newly leveling players (especially Tac Captains) after the changes of the past few months / years?
  • Options
    sharpfangjr#5006 sharpfangjr Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    Is this guide still being updated or is there somewhere I can find similar information that's current?