test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Random, but frequent 'Server not responding'

As the title says, it's been happening a lot since the latest patch went live. Sometimes it clears in a few seconds, others a minute, and sometimes it just crashes the game. While not entirely debilitating, it is very frustrating when i'm attempting to complete my grind for the day. Anybody else having this trouble?

On another note, why does Cryptics patches break things?
Formerly known as Echo@Rivyn13
Member since early 2011

Post edited by oracion666 on

Comments

• lynnbelvederelynnbelvedere Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I too am seeing lag at login, lag at character screen, and then repeated server not responding messages, until the thing finally just boots me out of the game. I tried to log in and probably only stayed on for about 2 minutes at a stretch until I finally just decided to call it a night. Any insights here?
  • kortaagkortaag Member Posts: 525
    edited December 2013
    Same here. The disconnections seem temperamental at times where it frequently disconnects almost every 60 seconds and seems to span out into hour intervals. I took the liberty at confirming it wasn't my end by mapping my connection to the internet.

It's nearly unbearable. Can we get eyes on this asap?

Addendum: Connecting to the server all together seems to be a game of Russian roulette. At times (like this one) logging in seems to have a stagnant response and either ends with failure or you sign on only to be ultimately disconnected at random.

Another find: I was just by the vlugta mining asteroid and it appears there's a run away texture mapping issue going on there. It's not colored correctly and seems to be imposed with a texture from one of the platform blocks you'd see in the foundry. It looks more like a giant woven basket in sector space. Issues like these may be causing the disconnect issues or could be in result to the instability.

So please, fix asap even though I know it's the holiday season.
    May good management be with you.
  • grouchyotakugrouchyotaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    kortaag wrote: »
    Same here. The disconnections seem temperamental at times where it frequently disconnects almost every 60 seconds and seems to span out into hour intervals. I took the liberty at confirming it wasn't my end by mapping my connection to the internet.

It's nearly unbearable. Can we get eyes on this asap?

Haven't had any problems this morning grinding my Main and 3 Alts through the 'Fastest Game on Ice', so theirs nothing apparently wrong with the STO servers...

Sounds like you need to look at this thread... http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=225155

... and post some network diagnostic results to find out the cause of your problem...
    edited December 2013
    Haven't had any problems this morning grinding my Main and 3 Alts through the 'Fastest Game on Ice', so theirs nothing apparently wrong with the STO servers...

Sounds like you need to look at this thread... http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=225155

... and post some network diagnostic results to find out the cause of your problem...

Well you're ultimately wrong. Your personal experience doesn't negate an entire fleet of participants experiencing and reporting the same issues. This could be a regional gateway issue, it could be a proxy server issue. You don't know because you can't be bothered.

Yesterday I was running all day without any problems and yet I kept getting responses from players in the game experiencing that much.

Try to think outside of the box before trying to stomp on a legit bug thread. Since we're sharing links:
    http://www.eiconsortium.org/faq.htm
  • ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited December 2013
    Check out the other thread linked above the Emotional Intelligence (?) dude.

Couple of other points to consider:

1.) Wireless connection have a higher disconnect rate than direct connection.
    2.) Has your modem been updated by the provider? Mine had, needed to reboot to resolve dc's
    3.) It's the Winter season, # of players is up significantly.
    edited December 2013
    Well you're ultimately wrong. Your personal experience doesn't negate an entire fleet of participants experiencing and reporting the same issues. This could be a regional gateway issue, it could be a proxy server issue. You don't know because you can't be bothered....

Actually, I don't know because you're not providing the diagnostic information needed to analyze the problem...

(And I just finished running my Alts through Academy Lore, then grinding for Fleet Marks in 'Gorn Minefield'... So like I said, apparently there is no problems with the Server, which implies that your issues are probably network/Internet connection related)
  • sandormen123sandormen123 Member Posts: 862 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Just recently i have experienced some more login timeout disconnects.
    They seem purely random. I write it off as God is intervening.
    I take a break. 5 minutes or so, then I try again. If God decides I have been away from *atans tool long enough, he will let me log back in. :D
    /Floozy
    edited December 2013
    Emotional IQ is one of the most lacking traits in an online forum. Some speculate today's technology allows people to remove themselves from the norm of social graces but I tend to think it's just laziness.

As for what me and a lot of other players have been reporting for days? This exactly: Bizarre texture issues revolving around particular objects like it was already aforementioned. (As well as mapping the internet connection from this end).

Textureissue.png
    edited December 2013
    Actually, I don't know because you're not providing the diagnostic information needed to analyze the problem...

(And I just finished running my Alts through Academy Lore, then grinding for Fleet Marks in 'Gorn Minefield'... So like I said, apparently there is no problems with the Server, which implies that your issues are probably network/Internet connection related)

Leave this one to the devs, mkay?
    edited December 2013
    Leave this one to the devs, mkay?

If the issue is being caused by the ISP, or the Internet Backbone providers, there is very little that the Dev's can do about this... (And did you see the clause on this in the TOS statement???)
  • daboss593daboss593 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    funny im on 3 other mmos and uhhhhhh they dont have any lagggg only sto has these laggggg issues. in fact they act said they had laggg issues. ive had the disconnect and server not respond issues. nothing wrong with anything on my end at all. i
  • truewarpertruewarper Member Posts: 929 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Okay, that is good to know, but it is getting worse...
    52611496918_3c42b8bab8.jpg
    Departing from Sol *Earth* by Carlos A Smith,on Flickr
    SPACE---The Last and Great Frontier. A 14th-year journey
    Vna res, una mens, unum cor et anima una. Cetera omnia, somnium est.
  • cidstormcidstorm Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    This is happening to me constantly. If it happens in game I can quickly relog by using the change character option and it doesn't boot me from the match upon returning. If it happens during a loading screen I have to wait a long time or just force the game to quit.
  • valtoriusvaltorius Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Same here. Never had one instance in lag for the last month I have been playing. Then yesterday around noon I started getting random server unresponsive messages that would last anywhere from 15 to 100 seconds and would be booted off the server and it has been unplayable since. I play PlanetSide 2 and WarThunder just fine on optimal quality video settings. This is an STO problem and I am not wasting hours doing their suggested roodie poo diagnostics when it is obvious from these threads and from talking to my fleet mates that this is not on my end.
  • valtoriusvaltorius Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Microsoft Windows [Version 6.2.9200]
    (c) 2012 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\adria_000>tracert patchserver.crypticstudios.com

Tracing route to patchserver.crypticstudios.com [208.95.185.41]
    over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 4 ms 2 ms 4 ms homeportal [192.168.1.254]
    2 * 29 ms 29 ms 108-194-12-3.lightspeed.iplsin.sbcglobal.net [10
    8.194.12.3]
    3 * * * Request timed out.
    4 31 ms * 27 ms 12.83.79.5
    5 36 ms 40 ms 35 ms cgcil02jt.ip.att.net [12.122.81.21]
    6 72 ms 71 ms * be2000.ccr21.ord03.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.12
    .85]
    7 73 ms 77 ms 76 ms be2003.ccr22.ord01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.29
    .21]
    8 61 ms 61 ms * be2140.ccr22.bos01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.43
    .186]
    9 59 ms 62 ms 64 ms te4-4.ccr01.bos06.atlas.cogentco.com [66.28.4.42
    ]
    10 64 ms 69 ms 70 ms 38.111.40.114
    11 61 ms 61 ms 61 ms patchserver2.crypticstudios.com [208.95.185.41]

Trace complete.

So...what does all this mean? I am not a computer guy.
  • oracion666oracion666 Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Still getting this, and as of today, been getting quite a few 'disconnected from server.' Really aggrivating ^^;
    Formerly known as Echo@Rivyn13
    Member since early 2011

• georgeskeistergeorgeskeister Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    been getting quite a few 'disconnected from server:mad:
  • the1nizothe1nizo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Was only on for about 5 minutes and saw a lot of server not responding for up to 10 seconds a clip, then booted completely and now the launcher cannot connect to the patch server. :mad:

Not sure if they took the server down, if it crashed, or if it's a problem on my end.