test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Duty Officer Pack Promo Ending Soon [Now Ended]

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
edited January 2014 in Galactic News Network [PC]
For only a short while longer, until Monday Jan 6, 2014 at 10AM PST, there is a chance to receive the brand-new Voth Bulwark Dreadnought Cruiser or Lobi Crystals upon opening a Romulan Survivor Duty Officer Pack! Read more for full details.

Click here to read more.
= = = = = =

EXCLUSIVE: As an added bonus, owners of a Voth Palisade Science Ship or Voth Bastion Flight Deck Cruiser can equip the Ward Repair Ship Universal Console (details in the link above) that is found on the Voth Bulwark Dreadnought Cruiser on one of those ships. Equip all 3 special Voth consoles on one of the three aforementioned ships for a special set bonus power: Voth Battle Cloak

JUST UPDATED: Additionally, as of today, the Duty Officer Roster Slots cap has been increased from 400 to 500 slots. You can purchase additional slots in increments of 25 or 100 through the in-game C-Store.
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    3pc set bonus..

..seriously?
  • longasclongasc Member Posts: 490
    edited December 2013
    2 Tac consoles?

Just about as "Dreadnought" as the Galaxy Dread. I prefer the Scimitar and Jemmie Dread a lot.
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Nice, if you are into gambling.

Battlecloak for a race that didn't actually use cloaking technology?? Voth ships should be equipped with a similar phase shift console that the Kar'Fi carrier uses, not a cloak.

I await the threads on how Federation ships that can use cloak, should now get battlecloak.... ;)
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• bunansabunansa Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Lol wait let me get this straight....

the torpedo we all bitched about being stuck on a useless shuttle suddenly shows up after all as an obtainable item to be used on ANY ship

and last but not least...something that doesn't look like it can turn has a better turn rate than the Galaxy.....marvelous
    tumblr_ndmkqm59J31r5ynioo2_r2_500.gif

• neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    sunfrancks wrote: »
    Nice, if you are into gambling.

Battlecloak for a race that didn't actually use cloaking technology?? Voth ships should be equipped with a similar phase shift console that the Kar'Fi carrier uses, not a cloak.

I await the threads on how Federation ships that can use cloak, should now get battlecloak.... ;)

They used cloaking, they had both ship, and personal cloaking.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • ltsmithltsmith Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Very interesting kind of sad not seeing another "freighter" from these packs I kind of liked the suliban cell ship and the tuff freighter.
    edited December 2013
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    They used cloaking, they had both ship, and personal cloaking.

They used phase shifting technology. Like a cloak, but a very different beast...
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    ltsmith wrote: »
    Very interesting kind of sad not seeing another "freighter" from these packs I kind of liked the suliban cell ship and the tuff freighter.
    It currently drops both the Suliban ship and the new one.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Oh, not this again... :P

Luckily for me I have no interest in Voth ships. Good luck everyone! :D
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    They used phase shifting technology. Like a cloak, but a very different beast...

They used spatial displacement using interphase as a form of cloaking technology that moved their starships or even individuals out of phase, made them invisible , so it's a cloak, and a better one, but still a cloak.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    the Voth Cloak adds damage resistance. And, like Neo said, it's primary purpose was to avoid detection. Unlike the Kar'fi thing where everyone can still see you.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • jimpa79jimpa79 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    275 Zen? for each doff pack?

How about giving it to us instead, its christmas after all :rolleyes:
    STO Veteran and Monthly Subscriber since day 1 (release).
    Closed & Opened BETA player.
  • drkfrontiersdrkfrontiers Member Posts: 2,477 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Yippeee. Shakes lucky 8-ball. Come to papa!!
  • cerritourugcerritourug Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    This console?s ability may only be used while your ship is destroyed (0% health).

How this is going to work in PVP? That kill is going to count?

Sorry for bad english.

Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • drkfrontiersdrkfrontiers Member Posts: 2,477 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    They used spatial displacement using interphase as a form of cloaking technology that moved their starships or even individuals out of phase, made them invisible , so it's a cloak, and a better one, but still a cloak.

LOL love your signature LMAO
  • bunansabunansa Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    jimpa79 wrote: »
    275 Zen? for each doff pack?

How about giving it to us instead, its christmas after all :rolleyes:

that pack has been 275 zen all this time its nothing new

simple fact was I was planning on getting 2 of these packs and now I have a better reason to....no not the damn ship

I meant the 10 lobi
    tumblr_ndmkqm59J31r5ynioo2_r2_500.gif

• odstparker#7820 odstparker Member Posts: 466 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    That looks like an amazing ship, a great tank by the looks of it. I will try like hell to complete as many surveys as possible to stack up some ZEN.
  • sinusiridumsinusiridum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Some nice doffs, and another tank ship... that console also seems like a second miracle worker if you have an engineer, plus the set that gives you battle cloak... wouldn't that make you really really incredibly hard to be beaten?:confused:
    ###################
  • majortiraomegamajortiraomega Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The console basically restores the player's ship to full operational status after destruction. Think of it as an in combat resuscitation, similar to what players are capable of doing in ground combat. Rather than flying back from the respawn point, they are merely resuscitated on the battlefield.
    --->Ground PvP Concerns Directory 4.0
    --->Ground Combat General Bugs Directory
    Real join date: March 2012 / PvP Veteran since May 2012 (Ground and Space)
    edited December 2013
    the Voth Cloak adds damage resistance. And, like Neo said, it's primary purpose was to avoid detection. Unlike the Kar'fi thing where everyone can still see you.

With ships the size of the Bulwark and Palisade Cruiser, they would stand out like a beacon with how much power they would take to phase shift.

I would expect to still see the outline of their ships, or at the very least a shimmer effect.

That is how the smaller ships appear in the sphere space zone, when they use their phase shift anyways.
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• sinusiridumsinusiridum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The console basically restores the player's ship to full operational status after destruction. Think of it as an in combat resuscitation, similar to what players are capable of doing in ground combat. Rather than flying back from the respawn point, they are merely resuscitated on the battlefield.
    Oh, that doesn't sound like much then.
    ###################
  • djconcentusdjconcentus Member Posts: 177 Media Corps
    edited December 2013
    All right, I don't normally rabble rabble about ship stats and stuff. But this Voth Dreadnought is bigger than the Voth Flight Deck Cruiser, has more hull, more crew, still has a hangar bay....AND HAS A HIGHER TURN RATE THAN THE VOTH FLIGHT DECK CRUISER?!

Please tell me what you people are thinking, because there's no way in Nukara that is balanced at all.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies. ~BranFlakes
    The opinions expressed in my posts are not necessarily those of my employer or Subspace Radio.
    Host of the Borg Boombox, 0300 GMT on Fridays on Subspace Radio
    edited December 2013
    All right, I don't normally rabble rabble about ship stats and stuff. But this Voth Dreadnought is bigger than the Voth Flight Deck Cruiser, has more hull, more crew, still has a hangar bay....AND HAS A HIGHER TURN RATE THAN THE VOTH FLIGHT DECK CRUISER?!

Please tell me what you people are thinking, because there's no way in Nukara that is balanced at all.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies. ~BranFlakes

It is p2w powercreep, what did you expect? ;)

I would say pvp is screwed again for while, until Cryptic has their money and nerf it like they always do...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited December 2013

It's not supposed to be balanced. This is the new bugship.

And that is EXACTLY what it's supposed to be, and how I want it.
  • o0kami87o0kami87 Member Posts: 590 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I'm vary wary of this in a pvp aspect, a console that revives your ship, does this nullify the death count? If so it is a vary unfair advantage to those lucky enough to get it.

Edit: I've said it once, I'll say it again, with this game being f2p I don't like p2w, things bought by real world money should be pure cosmetic only, I bought the Galaxy because I'm a fan of TNG, it is a vanity ship with a vanity gimmick, that's the way I'd should be.
    First, Vice Admiral, U.S.S. Wolf Pack-F, NX-101687-FFirst., Vice Admiral, A.R.W. Moon WolfWolf, I.K.S. Frost Bite
  • cerritourugcerritourug Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    o0kami87 wrote: »
    I'm vary wary of this in a pvp aspect, a console that revives your ship, does this nullify the death count? If so it is a vary unfair advantage to those lucky enough to get it.

Agree.. I will like to have a answered for this.

I really just dont care if this ships make useless the other voth ship they launched just a few weeks ago.. but if that console nullify the kill in PVP, then we are in trouble..

Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    How this is going to work in PVP? That kill is going to count?

Sorry for bad english.

Yes, that is an interesting question. I don't play PvP (well, ok, I've kinda stopped playing, period), but Cryptic has two options here:

1. Give a point to the killing team regardless of whether they use the Ward, kinda beats the point of using it in PvP.

2. Give a point to the killing team only if the player respawns through normal means. This has the side-effects of making the Ward EXTREMELY desirable (and OP) in PvP, while also being exploitable due to the fact that a player could (theoretically, of course - Cryptic would probably prevent that) just wait until the cooldown expired.

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Oh, that doesn't sound like much then.

Well, it's basically a respawn that buffs your power levels and shields, but doesn't teleport you to the spawn point. Sounds nasty to me. :P
    sophlogimo wrote: »
    True, but given its inability to do sufficient damage in PvP, it will eventually be beaten by any bugship...

Except you can put it on the Palisade or the Bastion, which are probably capable of at least partially negating that argument.

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I've got two Rom-faction characters who need DO's anyway, so this sounds like a good time to blow some Zen on DOFF's and pick up some extra Lobi.

I will remind people that this promotion suggests that a new special DOFF pack is coming soon, after this promotion ends. Makes me wonder what's coming up and also tells me it would be wise to keep some Zen in reserve.

I don't particularly want the ship, but if I lucked out with it I'd try to sell it so I can get what I really want.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • sandormen123sandormen123 Member Posts: 862 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Mmmno. Appreciate additions to STO, but after Elachi's were introduced, all new ships has been too alien to me. Even if the Voth, technically are canonical, they are to 'off-trek', and to pure scifi. I don't get any star trek jibe out of it.

I bought the lobi Voth-suit, but when wearing it, i get a manga feel from it. All i miss is a blue punky hair and a bigger sword on my back.

Not very star trek.

And to the bulwark... By the purest blindfolded pot-shot luck off getting one... ...by spending a fortune on doff-packs... ...instead of getting them doffs by EC/FC, or by lockboxes, in plentitudes, btw... ...at least the suliban cell-ship an tuffli ships are... ...different.
    The bulwark, imo, belongs in a lockbox or, curse me by saying this, as a lobiship.

I cannot imagine seeing many of these ships fly around. At the same time, i believe it will be the most overpriced ship in the history of STO.

I pity the fool buying this one.
    /Floozy
This discussion has been closed.