test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

more skimpy clothes?

Comments

• protogothprotogoth Member Posts: 2,369 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Let me state a few things for the record.

1. I'm female.

2. I'm not some teenybopper or 20-something-year-old who hopes to emulate the latest fad made popular by whoever the reigning Pop Tart of the moment may be.

3. I'm old enough to remember, and do remember, when the mini skirt was a symbol of female liberation.

4. I've still got great legs (and being currently unattached at my age, I believe in playing to my strengths), so I still look fantastic in a mini skirt.

5. Feminism is not about being a self-righteous busybody, going around lecturing other people on what they should and should not do, nor is it about hating men, nor is it about being afraid of the fact that most human beings are sexual beings; feminism is about liberty for all, equality for all, and justice for all.

Now that I have all that out of the way, I'll say that I like my skimpy clothes, in and out of the game. I see nothing wrong with more being added; they have certainly been part of Star Trek from the very beginning.
  • senatorvreenaksenatorvreenak Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    protogoth wrote: »

1. I'm female.

2. I'm not some teenybopper or 20-something-year-old who hopes to emulate the latest fad made popular by whoever the reigning Pop Tart of the moment may be.

3. I'm old enough to remember, and do remember, when the mini skirt was a symbol of female liberation.

4. I've still got great legs (and being currently unattached at my age, I believe in playing to my strengths), so I still look fantastic in a mini skirt.

5. Feminism is not about being a self-righteous busybody, going around lecturing other people on what they should and should not do, nor is it about hating men, nor is it about being afraid of the fact that most human beings are sexual beings; feminism is about liberty for all, equality for all, and justice for all.

Now that I have all that out of the way, I'll say that I like my skimpy clothes, in and out of the game. I see nothing wrong with more being added; they have certainly been part of Star Trek from the very beginning.

My hat off to you, miss. :cool:
  • mercuriciodidemercuriciodide Member Posts: 342
    edited December 2013
    imadude3 wrote: »
    please:P:P:P

I guess you haven't seen the Trill from Risa that's a Foundry NPC.

I guess you haven't seen the Orion women.

I guess you haven't seen the Seven of Nine catsuit.

I guess you haven't seen the Troi outfit.

Or players like this:

http://oi42.tinypic.com/29fb5tk.jpg

But, if you're talking about men's clothing then you're absolutely right because not only is there nothing on the men's side (aside from shirtless Orions who have perma-frowns and bland lower body clothing) -- there is nothing even close to the effect of the breast size slider.
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I just want a pretty dress. :(
    GwaoHAD.png
  • worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    protogoth wrote: »

1. I'm female.

This +10. You sound like you look like my mother--she has great legs, mostly because she runs marathons obsessively.
    edited December 2013
    I guess you haven't seen the Trill from Risa that's a Foundry NPC.

I guess you haven't seen the Orion women.

I guess you haven't seen the Seven of Nine catsuit.

I guess you haven't seen the Troi outfit.

Or players like this:

http://oi42.tinypic.com/29fb5tk.jpg

But, if you're talking about men's clothing then you're absolutely right because not only is there nothing on the men's side (aside from shirtless Orions who have perma-frowns and bland lower body clothing) -- there is nothing even close to the effect of the breast size slider.

How exactly would a real woman fit those...at least triple Ds...into that catsuit??? I mean, Jeri Ryan's not that big at all, and she needed 20 minutes and help to get into that thing. How would a woman with...that...body...get into that suit???????
  • aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    maxvitor wrote: »
    My GOD OP I think you broke them.

Indeed, one of the most successful trollings I've seen in a long time. Even takes the title from the inevitably tense "PvE vs PvP" threads.

Some people are just so quick to get worked up over nothing, with them around no wonder the 'net's so full of trolls. They can initiate a feeding frenzy at will, with willing and enthusiastic prey. :cool:
  • cerealplayercerealplayer Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    More skimpy clothes? Sure! Why not? More of all clothes I say... with the caveat that the priority be placed on releasing TWOK expedition jacket next.
  • chainfallchainfall Member Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    vamank wrote: »
    Why must people dress their toons like working women?

The more important question is why are Feds skimpier than KDF?
    ~Megamind@Sobekeus
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    chainfall wrote: »
    Actually... you'd be surprised.... KDF has some pretty skimpy outfits. Not just those specific to Orions either, there are some that can be worn by Klingons too.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • senatorvreenaksenatorvreenak Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    chainfall wrote: »

That question is pretty much rendered moot by the fact that the Feds have infinitely more outfits and costume options than the KDF has PERIOD. :P
  • maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Romulan and KDF could use a lot of help in the wardrobe department, KDF very much so, I know that the options have some basis in Star Trek canon but I can't believe that in a hundred years Klingon dress would still be limited to something cut from the hide of some dead animal.
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
  • orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    capnkirk4 wrote: »
    "Normal" is anything that is not "Abnormal". Men playing female characters in order to dress them up in trashy outfits is abnormal. It's the digital equivalent of men playing with dolls. This is not normal male behavior. It's a behavioral disorder.
    Just because a certain type of person doesn't usually behave a certain way, or the behavior doesn't qualify as normal doesn't mean there's anything wrong, or "disorderly" with it.
    Things get out of hand, when one's need to display their "originality" makes others around them feel threatened, or uncomfortable.
    How can it 'get out of hand'? Please, do explain that.
    They should talk to somebody for the reason stated immediately above.
    That's a bad reason. IMO, of course.
    The "somebody" is someone who's has training in behavioral disorders, and how to cope with them.
    Then that's the wrong person to talk to, as there's nothing wrong with "Men playing female characters in order to dress them up in trashy outfits" or "men playing with dolls". The behavior doesn't harm others, and despite what you'd like to believe, it doesn't harm the person behaving as such.

You just don't like it. That's all. You might get uncomfortable, sure. You might feel threatened, fine. But to many others, your opinion isn't justified, and certainly not justified with facts. Why should we pay any mind to your opinion?

If a grown man playing with girly things, enjoying the color pink, and wanting their digital counterparts to dress like a $5 booty saleswoman, that's his business. Not yours.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    "Normal" is anything that is not "Abnormal". Men playing female characters in order to dress them up in trashy outfits is abnormal. It's the digital equivalent of men playing with dolls. This is not normal male behavior. It's a behavioral disorder.

Things get out of hand, when one's need to display their "originality" makes others around them feel threatened, or uncomfortable.

They should talk to somebody for the reason stated immediately above.

The "somebody" is someone who's has training in behavioral disorders, and how to cope with them.

What gives you or anyone else the right to define what is a behavior disorder just because it is not normal behavior? As long as it is not some weird behavior that causes problems to other people, then it should be acceptable. If a guy like to dress up video game character in trashy outfits, it is acceptable. If a guy tries to marry a video game character, then that might not be considered normal behavior and people will go WTF, but they are not hurting anyone so it should be acceptable. The only unacceptable behaviors in a video game is harassment, stealing, and cheating on your significant other.
  • qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    You mortals are very amusing... and conflicted it seems.... what does it matter how much fabric you string around your frail puny bodies ? :D

But, please. Continue your petty bickering, it amuses us ! :P
    edited December 2013
    Ooh boy, this thread is going into the ditch fast.

I'm more concerned with how, exactly, a real woman could dress herself in a Seven of Nine suit. Especially a woman with gratuitously oversized TRIBBLE.

Yeah, that picture is driving my inner scientist crazy.
  • nereid63nereid63 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    maxvitor wrote: »
    The fact is the die is already cast, we already have iron bikini clad Orion slave girls running all over the place so this argument is moot, the only question now is accessibility.

I think you find the fastening at the back... ohhh, not what you meant.
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    That question is pretty much rendered moot by the fact that the Feds have infinitely more outfits and costume options than the KDF has PERIOD. :P

A depressing thought isn't it? :P
    edited December 2013
    worffan101 wrote: »
    Ooh boy, this thread is going into the ditch fast.

I'm more concerned with how, exactly, a real woman could dress herself in a Seven of Nine suit. Especially a woman with gratuitously oversized TRIBBLE.

Yeah, that picture is driving my inner scientist crazy.
    I'm guessing that it's a lot like pantyhose. It's tight, but stretchy.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • legetdumarlegetdumar Member Posts: 263
    edited December 2013
    Skimpy outfits are just part of the entertainment, which is what games are for. :)
    Criticism, while never agreeable, is necessary. It is like pain in the body. It brings attention to an unhealthy state of things---Winston Churchill
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited December 2013

Like the real thing?
    edited December 2013
    Like the real thing?
    Well obviously it's less see-through. :P
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • lomax6996lomax6996 Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    johngazman wrote: »
    How about no?

How about some decent clothing first, such the ENT Maco Uniform, a Rom-based STF outfit, or anything for the KDF.

Not JUST anything for the KDF... the General's coat that so many NPC's wear around Q'Onos!
    *STO* It’s mission: To destroy strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations... and then kill them, to boldly annihilate what no one has annihilated before!
  • westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,276 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~Bluegeek
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
    edited December 2013

No, Jeri Ryan took 20 minutes and some help to get into that catsuit. There is NO WAY a woman with triple-Ds could dress herself in a Seven outfit. It's physically and logically impossible.
  • westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,276 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    No, Jeri Ryan took 20 minutes and some help to get into that catsuit. There is NO WAY a woman with triple-Ds could dress herself in a Seven outfit. It's physically and logically impossible.

That's how it is in real life in game/show the uniform would be quite different.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The way one gets into what's basically a prop probably can't be compared to the way one gets into a 25th-century garment that may or may not have new fabric technology that we haven't considered yet.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Obviously Seven of Nine was teleported into her outfit.
    edited December 2013
    Still, it's canonically supposed to imitate Borg exoplating. That implies a s***-ton of rigidity, especially around the neck and abdomen.

Such a garment would be ridiculously hard for even a small-chested woman to put on by herself. A woman with a chest like that? How does she even have time to be a starship captain? She must spend all of her time dressing, undressing, and using the bathroom!
    edited December 2013
    ...and I think starkaos just came up with the only sensible solution.
This discussion has been closed.