test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

NSA: Spying on you in MMORPG's

vfpfyasko1vfpfyasko1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited December 2013 in Ten Forward
National Security Agency analyst writing a briefing to his superiors, the situation was clear: their current surveillance efforts were lacking something. The agency's impressive arsenal of cable taps and sophisticated hacking attacks was not enough. What it really needed was a horde of undercover Orcs.

Read on.......

Insane, i just thought i would post this so that everyone can be on the watch out if they try and infiltrate STO, they are trying to recruit ppl in games like STO and other MMORPG's.
Post edited by vfpfyasko1 on

Comments

• Options
    empireofsteveempireofsteve Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    They already are in STO. They are behind the recent and upcoming nerfs. Be careful, they might try to take your EC without you even aware until it is all gone...
    NERF CANNONS - THEY NEED A 50% NERF
    CRUISERS NEED A 206% HULL BUFF
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Already a thread on this from 2 days ago (Search is your freind)...

Nobody cared then, nobody cares now.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    edited December 2013
    If this is true... the only thing they'll learn about me besides my playstyle is that I like female characters... considering all my characters are female...
    <.<
    >.>
    Oh... and I like redheads too... since my main and my KDF have red hair.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    hylanvahrhylanvahr Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    anazonda wrote: »
    Already a thread on this frin 2 days ago (Search is your freind)...

Exactly! Hardly anyone cares, and that plays perfectly into their hands. :)

If I were working for the NSA, apathy among the general public when it comes to domestic spying would be exactly what I would be hoping for. I would enjoy coming to work everyday knowing I get to have so much fun doing my part in discovering private secrets and figuring out who I can label as potential terror threats all while no one was the wiser. The boss may still be a ball-buster like with lots of other office jobs, and there may be a lot of stress trying to meet the daily job quotas or covering the boss' butt when he gets called to testify on Capitol Hill, but man it would be great messing with people who don't care that I'm pissing all over their Constitutional rights with each hour I get paid for...that is if I were an NSA employee. ;)
  • Options
    aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Soooooo yesterday's (non-)news.

And as was already said:

Exactly.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    There is nothing worthwhile they can learn about me... That is why I don't care...

And I am sorry to say: But most of you guys are entirely unimportant and uninteresting to them too... Basically you are just spam.

Sorry hylanvahr... You are just plain paranoid.
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
  • Options
    hawkwing43hawkwing43 Member Posts: 1,701 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Well this bit of news doesn't suprise me one bit. Big Brother is watching you!

:D

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/dec/09/nsa-spies-online-games-world-********-second-life?CMP=twt_gu
  • Options
    brewtolomusbrewtolomus Member Posts: 277
    edited December 2013
    Already a thread on this from 2 days ago (Search is your freind)...

You speak for everyone then?
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,365 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    By and large nobody cares, because the NSA isn't spying on you. Unless, of course, you're, say, using Second Life to transfer some high-value items that can later be used for cash to an account based of out Iran or someplace, on frequent occasions.

What exactly do people imagine the NSA agents are doing? Using WoW to somehow remotely activate the camera on your computer so they can spy on you as you watch TRIBBLE online? It's all so very silly.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    You speak for everyone then?

That depends on how you think of time and space... If you think of us as individuals, then sorta... If you think of us as a part of a collection of atoms... Yes.
    jonsills wrote: »
    By and large nobody cares, because the NSA isn't spying on you. Unless, of course, you're, say, using Second Life to transfer some high-value items that can later be used for cash to an account based of out Iran or someplace, on frequent occasions.

What exactly do people imagine the NSA agents are doing? Using WoW to somehow remotely activate the camera on your computer so they can spy on you as you watch TRIBBLE online? It's all so very silly.

This... It's not like they analyze your character and use advanced math to calculate the chance of you blowing up the whitehouse...

They Really REALLY don't care about 99.99999'ish % of people.
  • Options
    johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited December 2013

They can do that? :rolleyes:

I suppose it's not like they've got anything better to be doing. The question is, can you create a feedback loop to their PC, so that you can activate their webcam and watch them watching you watching TRIBBLE.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • Options
    brewtolomusbrewtolomus Member Posts: 277
    edited December 2013

I care a great deal.
    At worst it's yet one more example of the insane overreach by the NSA. At best, its' another example of wasted taxpayer money for NSA contractors and/or agents to be able to play MMORPGS on my dime.

I would say I find it shocking that so many people are so apathetic about this.
    But I learned to never expect much from this society.
    As long as we have our creature comforts it's no big deal right? Bread and circuses.
  • Options
    svindal777svindal777 Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Big daddy government needs to know how many Orion females are really dudes.

Put on your tinfoil hat and everything will be ok.
    Well excuse me for having enormous flaws that I don't work on.
  • Options
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    NSA = Iconians

You heard it here first.
  • Options
    misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I care a great deal.
    At worst it's yet one more example of the insane overreach by the NSA. At best, its' another example of wasted taxpayer money for NSA contractors and/or agents to be able to play MMORPGS on my dime.

I would say I find it shocking that so many people are so apathetic about this.
    But I learned to never expect much from this society.
    As long as we have our creature comforts it's no big deal right? Bread and circuses.

The overreach is there, but it happens in other ways than NSA diggin through MMOs.

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2013/11/29/border_refusal_for_depressed_paraplegic_shows_canadaus_security_cooperation_has_gone_too_far_walkom.html
  • Options
    bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    the fatman has been walking in the tulips abort abort!!
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    lol, the keyword filter broke the link :P

It doesn't surprise me. "Antiterrorism" efforts look to intercept info from any source they can find. Of course some sources have less info available than others.... This one in particular seems to be little more than an empty well.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    alexmakepeacealexmakepeace Member Posts: 10,633 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The only thing they're likely to find out by specifically monitoring MMORPGs is that people are jerks.

And that's not even really accurate, because people tend to be bigger jerks on the internet then they are in real life.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Nah they already knew people are jerks, otherwise they wouldn't be spying on them. :P
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I suppose that if they could figure out your username then they could track your location. You might not use email without double-proxy but you'll log into your MMO from any old PC
  • Options
    tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I know the truth, some NSA agent was caught playing WoW while at work, and his attempt to justify it lead to this.
  • Options
    maelstromvortexmaelstromvortex Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I'm a Gorn.. and I like to eat Federation flunkies that my ship blows up.. NSA come get me! I'm a threat to humanity!
  • Options
    kintishokintisho Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    HAHAHHAHAHAHahhahhaha.. haha

Id gladly be intergalactic anti-terrorism, paid to play STO all day INDEED...:D:eek:confused: