Install Arc
Options

Scheduled Maintenance (December 5, 2013) [Complete!]

Comments

• Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited December 2013
    gypsyblade wrote: »
    It was easily exploited, so I understand why it was removed. What was it replaced with?

The pie eating contest and the Winter Invasion. I mentioned that a few posts of mine back :) And if I'm not mistaken, you end up getting more in the same amount of time you would have got from digging. So should be a win-win.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    punkosrpunkosr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    jetwtf wrote: »
    I live in CA and gerbils at the pet stores here.

I've always wanted a Gerbil Lucky
    my patching is fine i like whining it gives me power :D
  • Options
    newromulan1newromulan1 Member Posts: 2,229
    edited December 2013
    Brandon you need to be like scotty - say it will take another 2 hrs and then when it only takes 30 min they think you are a miracle worker!!
  • Options
    scolouscolou Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    exploit
    verb

make full use of and derive benefit from (a resource).
    "500 companies sprang up to exploit this new technology"
    synonyms: utilize, make use of, put to use, use, use to good advantage, turn/put to good use, make the most of, capitalize on, benefit from, turn to account, draw on.
    make use of (a situation) in a way considered unfair or underhand.
    "the company was exploiting a legal loophole"
    benefit unfairly from the work of (someone), typically by overworking or underpaying them.
    "women are exploited in the workplace"
    synonyms: take advantage of, make use of, abuse, impose on, prey on, play on, misuse, ill-treat, bleed, suck dry, squeeze, wring, enslave, treat unfairly, withhold rights from; More
    antonyms: treat fairly
    noun
    noun: exploit; plural noun: exploits

a bold or daring feat.
    "despite a series of colourful exploits, his agents obtained little intelligence of value"
    synonyms: feat, deed, act, adventure, stunt, escapade, manoeuvre, enterprise, undertaking

The exploit they are talking about is auto key press software which allows you to remain in game and catch a pizza, movie and or party

as the items are of no value ie not available in the zen store and people could sell them on the exchange for value...(read value you cant buy ec from sto) they are considering this an exploit, however isnt it also an exploit in that case that some people have zen ships and some people dont?? its a fine line i feel and a pointless one and im normally a champion of sto i think they do a fab job and some of the moaners need to change games if its so bad.

However in this case the people have it right and i think it should be reinstated less we exploit the people who never had the chance last year of digging for gold!

Last year it allowed me to equip 10 toons with jackets which was great this year i have 17 toons and im not about to grind all of them through a mission that could fail if said idiots choose to be heros.
  • Options
    abcde123123abcde123123 Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    It was easily exploited via setting your keyboard to automatically dig for you; it's sad that players choosing to use that method ruined it for everyone :(
    Brandon =/\=

Brandon,
    let's not shift the blame around here.

You were the ones who created terribly exciting one-button content. The playerbase solution was kinda obvious, don't you think?
  • Options
    totenmettotenmet Member Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    rowan79 wrote: »
    Take all the time you need. Better to be thorough, than bring out some half assed mess.

I agree. I prefer waiting longer then getting a bugged release.
  • Options
    gypsybladegypsyblade Member Posts: 730 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The pie eating contest and the Winter Invasion. I mentioned that a few posts of mine back :) And if I'm not mistaken, you end up getting more in the same amount of time you would have got from digging. So should be a win-win.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

How we gonna run the race course if we get fat on pie? lol
  • Options
    kgnothinggkgnothingg Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    i love bugs!!! they make the game more interesting :D
  • Options
    fadmbambamfadmbambam Member Posts: 656 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    there will always be players who will exploit the system. but thats bashing the majority on the head because of a few exploiters.

You know how the PTBs think.... rule against the super majority because of the small minority.
  • Options
    jnadrethjnadreth Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited December 2013

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Pie Eating?!?!?!?!?!?!? Niiiiiccccce :D I am really hungry right now
  • Options
    olivia211olivia211 Member Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    scolou wrote: »

Last year it allowed me to equip 10 toons with jackets which was great this year i have 17 toons and im not about to grind all of them through a mission that could fail if said idiots choose to be heros.

So you're saying you are the reason this was removed? Gee, thanks.
    No, I am not who you think I am. I am someone different. I am instead a banana.
  • Options
    ferdzso0ferdzso0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

that just ruins the game for RP-ers. this is proof that Cryptic does not care about RP in this game. my character is allergic to pies, and I know of atleast 2 other characters who are similar like that. so you are now actively attacking RP-ers, with new content, they cannot access. shame on you

10k DPS Vesta threads: 1; 2
  • Options
    westozwestoz Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Perhaps it is time to switch to a 'Subscription Only' game so that we can eliminate this buggy revenue-code?

to make this game subscription (BOOOOO!!!!) again would be like re-packing Pandoras box, IMO and if it stayed a subscription only service my lifer subscription would never of happened nor would my happy want to continue existing.
    Try and understand the Chaos factor or just understand the variable, live long and live life Gee.
  • Options
    suuperduudesuuperduude Member Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    razar2380 wrote: »
    Thank you all for the hard work.

Are there plans to give us any episodes to advance the story in the game? I would love to see where it might go.

Thanks again for the fixes and updates.

Tim.

During a live event Brandon said that featured episodes are coming.
    --
    Lion Heart of Hammer Squadron
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    jnadreth wrote: »
    Pie Eating?!?!?!?!?!?!? Niiiiiccccce :D I am really hungry right now

I am on diet, no pie eating for me.
  • Options
    suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Hi Captains,

We're going to extend our maintenance window by another 30 minutes. Our goal is to have you back in-game by 11:00am PST (32 minutes from now). If that changes, I'll be sure to update you.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

By any chance, does this have anything to do with Winter Invasion?

Because on Tribble it's totally bugged... Once it started the game kept switching instances like crazy, and eventually disconnected to login screen.

Also, the new voice acting in WW is incredibly annoying...
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,426 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    gypsyblade wrote: »
    How we gonna run the race course if we get fat on pie? lol

The race is supposed to burn those excess calories.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    fadmbambamfadmbambam Member Posts: 656 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    hypl wrote: »
    Why not just make the snow piles reset every 20 hours? Make them reward a chunk of random goodies, maybe a shot at something rare?

Or they could have done it like the Academy event - dig once and then have to move to the next pile to dig again.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    I did hear a rumour saying from eating these pies toon's get a thicker belly. Only by running a lot the fat can be removed again?
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    i prefered the snow digging though, it was peaceful and less intensive then most of the stuff and i got to watch fails from a distance on the snowman king when he popped up every 30 min.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    philiopenepheusphiliopenepheus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    totenmet wrote: »
    I did hear a rumour saying from eating these pies toon's get a thicker belly. Only by running a lot the fat can be removed again?

I think that's just in real life
    Viktor@Philiopenepheus
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2013
    It was easily exploited via setting your keyboard to automatically dig for you; it's sad that players choosing to use that method ruined it for everyone :(

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Lol, I don't know if you could store the commodities from last year, but if so, the hoarders are about to get their payday in EC.
  • Options
    mrkollinsmrkollins Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    ferdzso0 wrote: »
    that just ruins the game for RP-ers. this is proof that Cryptic does not care about RP in this game. my character is allergic to pies, and I know of atleast 2 other characters who are similar like that. so you are now actively attacking RP-ers, with new content, they cannot access. shame on you

Obvious troll it's obvious
    Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • Options
    philiopenepheusphiliopenepheus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    lucho80 wrote: »
    Lol, I don't know if you could store the commodities from last year, but if so, the hoarders are about to get their payday in EC.

Yes, yes we are
    Viktor@Philiopenepheus
  • Options
    kamenriderzero1kamenriderzero1 Member Posts: 906 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    one of my toons is babysitting a pile of leftovers
    Everywhere I look, people are screaming about how bad Cryptic is.
    What's my position?
    That people should know what they're screaming about!
    (paraphrased from "The Newsroom)
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Does the snow actually melt when using the flame-thrower?
  • Options
    trekgeektechtrekgeektech Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    ferdzso0 wrote: »

seek professional help. happy holidays!
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited December 2013
    Hi Captains,

We're going to extend our maintenance window by another 60 minutes. Our goal is to have you back in-game by 12pm/ Noon PST (64 minutes from now). If that changes, I'll be sure to update you.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    stevedudemanstevedudeman Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    lucho80 wrote: »

Yes you can/ could save them.
This discussion has been closed.