test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cannot promote people in fleet to rank 7

startrekronstartrekron Member Posts: 231 Arc User
edited November 2013 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
About 2 months ago one of our fleet admirals/rank 7 officers was demoted but before the demotion timer ticked down to zero he left the fleet. The timer continued to countdown and reached zero but stayed on the overview tab we see "Fleet Admiral will be demoted in 0:00". We cannot promote anyone to replace the departed fleet admiral, nor can I demote anyone else at rank 7.

I have submitted several tickets to Cryptic with no response, any ideas on what to do?
"Live Long and Prosper but always carry a fully charged phaser, just in case!". Arrr'ow

Co-Leader of Serenity's Grasp
Post edited by startrekron on

Comments

• f9thaceshighf9thaceshigh Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Maybe if you brought the old fleet admiral back?
  • doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Given that they kicked him, I doubt he feels helpful. Sounds like he got the last laugh on you. This entire new system has been a giant disaster, it seems.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    About 2 months ago one of our fleet admirals/rank 7 officers was demoted but before the demotion timer ticked down to zero he left the fleet. The timer continued to countdown and reached zero but stayed on the overview tab we see "Fleet Admiral will be demoted in 0:00". We cannot promote anyone to replace the departed fleet admiral, nor can I demote anyone else at rank 7.

I have submitted several tickets to Cryptic with no response, any ideas on what to do?

This sounds like a serious bug with the new fleet rank system. Did you just submit an in-game bug report or did you also submit a customer support ticket on the website? You can also post your problem in the forum below and hope someone at Cryptic will read it.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=121
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • startrekronstartrekron Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The person who was kicked will not be allowed to come back.

I've sent a few reports to Cryptic and have yet to hear anything, this should be a fairly simple issue to resolve.
    "Live Long and Prosper but always carry a fully charged phaser, just in case!". Arrr'ow

Co-Leader of Serenity's Grasp