Install Arc
Options

How to survive?

2»

Comments

• Options
    lystentlystent Member Posts: 1,019
    edited November 2013

So, here's your best and safest bet: stick to the sides (left side, right side) and make sure you have an ability to get out of tractor beams on the rare occasion that you get caught.
    That way, you don't have to worry about blowing up into teeny tiny smithereens every time you take on a Mogi, or even worse, a D'Deridex Class Warbird.

The safest place to be within 10km of ANY sto ship is >5km, rear port/starboard (out of fire angle of single cannon fore+ rear torp). Clung to that sweat spot while taking a sci vessel retro vs a breen cap ship, didn't die (em transphsics are merciless).
  • Options
    tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,638 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    radagast75 wrote: »
    Good and affordable eng and sci consoles are yet to be found but i guess i can live without them until i get what i want.

You can get some pretty nice ones from Episode Replays, including uncommon Neutronium armor from re-doing "The Search for New Romulus" and "Crossroads at Crateris", and uncommon Field Generators from "Revelation". These will be Mk X if you're level 40-49, but will award Mk XI if you're level 50.

Plenty more stuff besides that too, full list:
    http://sto.gamepedia.com/Episode_replay#Romulan_Episodes
  • Options
    varnoukhvarnoukh Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    You are correct, I checked with some Fleet Mates as well, just to make sure, and they said the same thing you did, so thanks for the correction :D

Happens to us all. I also stand corrected! :)
    azmodeas wrote: »
    Romulans do not have access to elite Plasma , I wish we did but we do not .

I'm both happy and said to hear this. I was holding back from buying the rom rep mk xii plasma weapons contemplating the juiciness of fleet elite plasmas but if they don't exist that takes care of that problem. Tomorrow I can go shopping.
    tom61sto wrote: »
    You can get some pretty nice ones from Episode Replays, including uncommon Neutronium armor from re-doing "The Search for New Romulus" ...

An excellent suggestion. Two things I'd add.

You can get rare neutronium armor from doing A Light in the Dark (last ep in the Undine chapter). Looks like rad is at least up the Breen eps so they're close or have already done and can repeat this one at their leisure.

Plus the stat difference between mk xi blues or even greens and mk xii purples isn't enormous, but the ec cost is. So you can pick up some decent stuff very cheaply on the exchange to keep you going until you can afford or loot better.
    Next to get some rapid reload Transphasics from Breen episodes to get better torpedoes. Oh and i dropped TCD for uncoommon Transphasic torp with DMG.

I'll make a quick plug for the Breen Transphasic Cluster Torpedo. It's devestating against groups of enemies (eg. in STFs) especially if you (or someone else) drops a gravity well first. Might not be something you'd have equipped all the time but I always carry one with me.

You can get that from the Breen ep Out in the Cold.
  • Options
    radagast75radagast75 Member Posts: 333 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I was going for breen cluster tirpedo as well, i liked how it worked when my late Science captain had it :)

Looking at the list, there really is some good sources for consoles that i had forgotten, thanks for reminder.

By the way, i wonder why Plasma was chosen for Romulan weapon type, considering what i read of traditional Reman and Romulan weaponry, they were Disruptors with green color. Maybe Those Plasma disryptor hybrids would have been better choice and they would also give a special flavor to Romulans and fit the technological advances they had, equal in general wit Federation tech. Anyways that about that :D

One more question, what would you suggest as impulse to get best maneuverability?
    Captain Hunt, at your service!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    alfamegaalfamega Member Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=subadmiralawb_0
    DOFF
    20% chance to reduce torp recharde
    3 sec reduced Evasive maneuvers CF10% chance to set 80% of normal for def disc abilities
    Ramming speed/Brace for impact 15% damage res for 10 sec
    well, sorry to disappoint you, but its no wonder that you explode on regular base.

you need:
    2 copies of tactical team 1
    2 copies of emergency power to shield 1
    auxiliary to structural or reverse shield polarity
    hazard emitters 1 and transfer shield strength 2
    3 neutronium consoles in eng section
    put all the "tricks" on science slots. no stealth enhancers at all, they are completely pointless.
    no mixed weapon damage types and consoles.
    especially considering the fact that valdore console proc works on the damage you make, so you want big yellow numbers and for that you need at least 3 specific damage type tactical consoles.

preferably full borg weapon set and space set. especially space set provide a huge amount of survivability. but full weapon set got also a proc that can "eat" a huge amount of damage. not to mention +5 energy built in every borg piece which is godly on romulan ships.

rapid fire has no use in PVE. scatter volley all the way.
    also attack pattern beta provides much better uncloaking alpha strike then another attack skill and improves total kill speed of whole team.
    also its worth to consider to take 2 copies of attack pattern delta for tanking purpose.
    thats for ship.

for the skills:
    several skills you've got are a huge waste or misplaced.
    weapon performance - waste, put them on energy weapon specialization.
    engine performance, impulse thrusters 9 - waste, more then 6 is pointless.
    auxiliary performance - waste, no need at all.
    electroplasma system - 6 is a must or wait forever until energy levels will adopt.
    subsytem repair - the only top level content where this skill can be relevant is the mirror universe event because of the phasers. and even then you got 2 copies of epts to get shields online.
    energy weapons and targeting system - deserve a 9, probably projectile weapons too. cheap investment for huge benefit.
    core efficiency and potential - making them on 9 rank will earn you 1 (!) additional energy point in difference to 6 rank.

make it this way and you will crack a cube solo and can stay forever near to gates laughing at invisible torps of doom.
  • Options
    tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,638 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    alfamega wrote: »
    subsytem repair - the only top level content where this skill can be relevant is the mirror universe event because of the phasers. and even then you got 2 copies of epts to get shields online.

You're forgetting that Tholians (Crystalline Catastrophe, Tau Dewa Patrols, Tau Dewa Red Alert) and Voth (everything new season 8 space wise) have subsystem disables of various sorts.
  • Options
    alfamegaalfamega Member Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    tom61sto wrote: »
    You're forgetting that Tholians (Crystalline Catastrophe, Tau Dewa Patrols, Tau Dewa Red Alert) and Voth (everything new season 8 space wise) have subsystem disables of various sorts.
    yeah.... wohooo... drained/disabled engine for 3-4 sek could be a reason for a hull breach.... :D

as long as you have shields you "survive to fight another day".
    and for shields there are 2 epts, which repair the subsytem and protect from disable for a certain amount of time.

the only place where even 2 epts might be not enough to overcome shield disabling is focus fire on mirror event. which (the focus fire) any romulan warbird should avoid by default anyway thru "diving" in to cloak after the spike. :D