test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Win endeavor points!

aftulusaftulus Member Posts: 668 Arc User
What about a rare prize to win endeavor points. Then it wouldn't automatically take several years to max it. It could even be sold on the market potentially as a prize. Or just won to make you grind things. Like say dilithium? A random phoenix prize? Something for various boxes like the infinity box.

It could be just like an experience level to gain specialization point. But you gain an endeavor point.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    Given the drop rate of blues and purples, that might make endeavor points a little TOO quickly obtainable - I got like 70 purples in total the past few days for having only spent around 600,000 minerals - easily twice that in blues.​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,732 Community Moderator
    Personally I would love to see some type of catchup mechanic or similar for endeavor points. The challenges are easy enough to do, I just can't make myself do it. Is it worth the grind, sure it is. I just can't make myself do it due to tedium.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,538 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    VR for 1/4 - 1/5 endeavor point might be about right. That would be a nice dil sink.

Remember that endeavor is an account-wide benefit not single-character so it's worth much more than the single-character unlock that you normally get with Phoenix.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,117 Community Moderator
    I wouldn't mind seeing spec points or something related to that added to the Phoenix Box.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    aftulusaftulus Member Posts: 668 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    If it were 1/2 purple, 1/3 blue, 1/4th green, and 1 violet. And if we assume in 40 boxes we get 5 violets, 10 blues and 20 greens... (possibly a high estimate or a high xp amount.) Also not sure on how oftn violet comes up. I've only ever gotten 1.

That could be 10.83333 levels per 40 boxes. Or 160,000 dil.

That would take approximately 9 million dil to max out an account at 240 boxes.

If you did 1 violet(20k), 1/2 purple(10k), 1/4 blue(5k), 1/8th green(2.5k) it would take around 12.8 billion dil at 320 boxes with only purple/blue/green. If a random violet popped in there it might average around 10 billion per account. But i doubt someone would spend a violet on that.

And if you did only 1 violet, 1/2 purple, 1/4 blue with no greens It would cost around 20 billion with only purple and blues if it took 480 boxes.

Although, If the 12.8 billion is accurate I have 16 characters that can at max get 128,000 dil a day(approx 6 levels). That would only take 100 days without doing endeavors. At maximum grind (both pheonix boxes and endeavors.) it would take around 90 days of grind. That is a lot better than 3 years. And it's a really good dil sink.

universals: 1200 xp a week.
    Normal endeavors: 82950 xp a week.
    16 characters and 128,000 dil/6 levels a day(120,000 xp a week): 42 levels a week(840,000 xp a week.)

82950+1200 = 84150/20000= 4.2 per week. + 42 per week is approx 46.2 per week. / 7 = 6.6. 600/6.6 = 90-91 days.

In this system the value of doing endeavors drops as you have more dil. And increases in value as you loose less. Might be fair depending on which one people want to do. It allows about quite a bit more points per day though. So, it's a bonus.

I think with that systems endeavors and phoenix boxes equal out at around 1-2 characters doing a full 8000 dil grind a day. So, it would be accessible for everyone with a low number of characters.
    Post edited by aftulus on
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,538 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    After rethinking my original response: 1/10th from rare, 1/5th from very rare, and a full point from ultra rare...and a sound flogging for anyone who would consider buying endeavor points with an epic ticket.

"Why a full point from Ultra rare?"

Because they're ****ing ridiculously rare. 100x more rare than very rare. Seriously, they're at least as rare as T6 vouchers from lockboxes.

Indeed, UR should be worth multiple spec points. They are tremendously hard to get compared to VR which are common as dirt.

Like, VR = 1/4 spec point (which Cryptic already has boxes for, so less effort for them) but UR = 4+ spec points. UR = 2 x T6-x ship tokens if you hold onto them for a Phoenix event.
This discussion has been closed.