test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Will Patrick Stewart ever Make an Appearance in STO ?

taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
What are the chances of Picard doing a "Featured Episode"

Personally I'd like to see many characters from Star Trek, get Featured Episodes.

Is it really expensive for PW/Cryptic to hire the actors ? M.Dorn for example...
How much was it to hire him ?
He didnt have that many lines in the episode.... How hard could it be to intice the television actors to do Episodes for STO ?

Hope we'll keep seeing more of them.
[img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
Post edited by taylor1701d on

Comments

• teluasteluas Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    They could never have him do a VO for this game. Too many people would drop dead from awesomeness-overload and there wouldn't be enough players to keep the game running after that. ;)
  • captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    It's very very hard.

First he would cost a bomb. He is a legitimate holywood actor and he would command a huge fee.

Second he may simply not want to do which is what I heard but in fairness that was a rumour.

Third, Lawyers. They complicate everything.

Fourth, schedule. He is mega busy, does not live in the country. Dorn nearly fell through because of work commitments.
  • elemberq333elemberq333 Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    He is an extremely private man though he has been known to attend Star Trek conventions and speak there about his time spent as Captain Picard. He is also proud of the work he did as Picard, as was seen in William Shatner's "The Captains" when he interviewed Patrick at his home somewhere in England, he stated that even though his colleagues might think Star Trek a body of work for them to turn their noses up at, he was in fact proud of his portrayal of Jean Luc Picard, Captain of the Enterprise.

I think if the money was right and he thought the script was ok he might consider it however don't get your hopes up because I don't think Cryptic has good enough writers to make Patrick think the script is worth his time.
  • nyasayanyasaya Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Would be nice, but Sir Patrick is too expensive. Still a very and in-demand actor compared to the other star trek cast members.
    LEmWhkGA.gif
  • taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I know ...Stewart would be expensive...and he's a shakespearean actor before doing any movies or television.
    But he did contribute to Star Trek Lagacy.
    And he did have quite a few lines if I remember correctly.

Actually I loved Legacy because it had all the captains voice acting...Kirk was REALLY good in that game, excellent voice acting.
    *Game wasn't the greatest, but definatly fun for a Trek Fan.

But even if the Picard is not available...I mean there are lots of actors from Trek that wouldnt be too busy these days...

Mulgrew
    Picardo
    Spiner
    Bashir (cant remember his real name)
    Obrien - Colm Meaney (but he seems busy these days)
    Tuvok
    Etc Etc Etc...
    Jeri Ryan would be an awesome Borg Featured Episode...

But I take your point about the laywers, and legal issues.
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    plus, keep in mind, that Dorn didnt do just SoI, he did VO's for some of the Klingon content that worf is in, unfortunately that hasent been put in game yet. (the VO's, not the content.)

also, last i checked Kate Mulgrew's been pretty busy lately. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000550/?ref_=nv_sr_1

she just started a new TV show this year, and is already working 2 other shows (dont know if NTSF is still on, but i know WH13 is)

Edit: damn, i did not know she did the voice of the dragon lady flemeth from the Dragon Age series....
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I am sure he would do it, but whether his work schedule, lawyers and fee's allow him to is another thing....
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• grazyc2#7847 grazyc2 Member Posts: 1,988 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Watch Stoked episode last week !!! That said let's move on

Yes they want Sir Patrick Stewart on STO, but at the moment he is very busy I believe a play so he is not available right now.

So we just have to wait ....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Coffee: the finest organic suspension ever devised. It's got me through the worst of the last three years. I beat the Borg with it."
  • jeffel82jeffel82 Member Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    He has done VO for games before (Elite Force II comes to mind), but as others have mentioned, the price tag is likely to be hefty.
    You're right. The work here is very important.
    tacofangs wrote: »
    ...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.
  • twg042370twg042370 Member Posts: 2,312 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Will Patrick Stewart ever Make an Appearance in STO ?

Maybe on one of those days he gets high and does it for a laugh. But otherwise affording him will require they go back into maintenance mode for two years again.
    <3
  • raventomoeraventomoe Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Jeri Ryan would be awesome to have...and the fanboys (like me) would go wild.

Heck, if they ever do a Borg faction for the game...she could do the VO work for it.
    "The Multiverse, the ultimate frontier..."
    Thus begins...Lyrical Trek
  • newromulan1newromulan1 Member Posts: 2,229
    edited November 2013
    Unless they could tie it to something massive that they could sell - like a c-store stargazer ship that you paid for and had a cut scene mission where he takes on the role of admiral seeing the ship off like Kirk did in Generations - then no way would it be worth it. What does he get for x-men: days of future past? "One hundred billion dollars!!"
    edited November 2013
    raventomoe wrote: »

Heck, if they ever do a Borg faction for the game...she could do the VO work for it.

:D
    That would be very cool, no doubt.
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
    edited November 2013
    Unless they could tie it to something massive that they could sell - like a c-store stargazer ship that you paid for and had a cut scene mission where he takes on the role of admiral seeing the ship off like Kirk did in Generations - then no way would it be worth it. What does he get for x-men: days of future past? "One hundred billion dollars!!"

Really good idea....
    Maybe the Stargazer they drag back to spacedock...gets a big anniversary retrofit :D
    Cuz I dont like the current stargazer look in this game.
    The one on TNG looks beautiful.

Imagine how many ppl would buy that cstore ship...man Id pay like 10000 Zen for it.
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
    edited November 2013
    Really good idea....
    Maybe the Stargazer they drag back to spacedock...gets a big anniversary retrofit :D

Imagine how many ppl would buy that cstore ship...man Id pay like 10000 Zen for it.

A retrofit version with a special attack pattern console 'the Picard maneuver' and a fleet version.

When you unpack the ship in earth space dock it opens up a special mission to do with adm Picard taking her out on shakedown run that runs into some trouble.

So it would be like a small featured episode that would be paid for by the ship sales. It would be perfectly legit to tie such a very pricy featured episode to a paid item as Patrick steward would command $100k? I think he is getting at least $10 million and some of the profits from next summer's 'X-men: Days of futures past" the budget is like $200 MILLION!
  • lordvalecortezlordvalecortez Member Posts: 479 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    As much as having any Trek cast member do some VOs, the question is what would they VO? Picard retired to be an ambassador to Vulcan. Where, in our long trek as simultaneous, alternate quantum realites through STO does the ambassador to Vulcan come in?

And if he doesn't VO Picard, then who or what would Sir Patrick VO?
    Cheers from Antonio Valerio Cortez III, Half-Celestial Archduke of the Free Marches Confederacy.
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    recent youtube videos of his actions around conventions and other public appearance places tells me that it will not be easy to even get him on STO even if you offered him half of PWE in shares alone for payment! he wouldn't even pose for a group shot in a recent convention with Scott Bakula, Kate Mulgrey, William Shatner and Avery Brooks. and the moment in the camera with an autograph is quite expensive.

even if you could get Patrick to do his part, an ancient Picard wondering the decks of the enterprise-f considering he was around 50 years old when he was the captain, you think he would just expect that to happen? we can't have another rehash of the B'Vat going back in time nonsense and meeting the ent-d instead.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
    edited November 2013
    Really good idea....

As much as having any Trek cast member do some VOs, the question is what would they VO? Picard retired to be an ambassador to Vulcan. Where, in our long trek as simultaneous, alternate quantum realites through STO does the ambassador to Vulcan come in?

And if he doesn't VO Picard, then who or what would Sir Patrick VO?

Like I said - maybe when you buy the new stargazer retrofit - it unlocks a mission where you "have to fly to Vulcan and rescue Picard from some Tal Shiar agents that were sent there to kidnap him for some leverage with the federation"

I bet that mission and c-store ship unlock would sell like 50k ships easy - which would cover the cost even if steward demanded $100k

Ps - any foundery authors want to make the rescue Picard from Vulcan mission if cryptic does not??
  • solidneutroniumsolidneutronium Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I'm sure it'll cost hundreds of thousands of $$$ to get Stewart, Spiner, The Shat, and whomever else in here. I don't know whether Cry/PWE have the funds or not.
    Professional Slider Since 2409

Officially Nerfed In Early 2410
    edited November 2013
    A retrofit version with a special attack pattern console 'the Picard maneuver' and a fleet version.

When you unpack the ship in earth space dock it opens up a special mission to do with adm Picard taking her out on shakedown run that runs into some trouble.

So it would be like a small featured episode that would be paid for by the ship sales. It would be perfectly legit to tie such a very pricy featured episode to a paid item as Patrick steward would command $100k? I think he is getting at least $10 million and some of the profits from next summer's 'X-men: Days of futures past" the budget is like $200 MILLION!

Picard Manouever !
    I'm nerding out thinking about that one :D

Like the Romulan trick, where the disappear then reappear 3 k away :)

Except the "Picard Manouever" would use an Aux2WepPwr Super shot on reappearence :D
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
    edited November 2013
    And very good idea on the ship specific Episode !
    Devs please Take Note !
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • jumpingjsjumpingjs Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    GO PICARD

WE NEED HIMMM!!!!!!

:) Even if it was paid DLC (And yes I know they can't do that ...)
    Hopefully I'll come back from my break; this break is fun; I play intellectual games.

I hope STO get's better ...
  • yodafan1979yodafan1979 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Bashir (cant remember his real name)

A bit off topic... But my inner trekkie was screaming..

His name is currently Alexander Siddig, but when DS9 first came out he was Siddig El Fadil. Now, we return you to your regularly scheduled thread...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • erraberrab Member Posts: 1,434 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Unless Cryptic and PWE can pony up some serious cash the only way we'll ever see Sir Patrick Stewart have anything to do with STO is if Seth McFarland spoofs it on American Dad :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2013
    A bit off topic... But my inner trekkie was screaming..

His name is currently Alexander Siddig, but when DS9 first came out he was Siddig El Fadil. Now, we return you to your regularly scheduled thread...

Thanks for that, I was not aware he made a name change;
    +1
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • yodafan1979yodafan1979 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Thanks for that, I was not aware he made a name change;
    +1

No problem friend
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    he would cost them more then whole season so i highly doubt we will ever have him in game
  • sonnikkusonnikku Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I know ...Stewart would be expensive...and he's a shakespearean actor before doing any movies or television.
    But he did contribute to Star Trek Lagacy.
    And he did have quite a few lines if I remember correctly.

Actually I loved Legacy because it had all the captains voice acting...Kirk was REALLY good in that game, excellent voice acting.
    *Game wasn't the greatest, but definatly fun for a Trek Fan.

I thought he sounded old and tired.
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I wouldn't completely rule out the possibility of Sir Stewart voicing in STO. But like many here have stated, it's unlikely because he's really busy and expensive.

Wonder if Seth McFarlane plays STO? Records STO lines when he has Stewart in for recording American Dad, and then donates the recordings. Hah, who am I kidding, I have better odds winning the lottery. :P
  • elemberq333elemberq333 Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    raventomoe wrote: »

Would love to see her and a Borg faction rather then this TRIBBLE from Season 8. I have been to the Sphere twice since it launched and I really doubt I will ever go back there. I can't stand it, the story sucks and the whole thing seems to be a complete waste of my time!

Love Jeri Ryan, would love to see Seven of Nine in STO! :D