test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Which ship did you vote for?

fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,788 Arc User
Voting for the summer event ship can be done here: https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11419073-vote-for-the-summer-event-ship!

Share with us below your choice.
[4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Which ship did you vote for? 124 votes

Nick Duguid's design, #1
30%
legendarylycan#5411borgified007scififan78warhammeredgaraks31kimonydavidp0418bloodyrizsanatobaseaofsorrowscirran1foxrockssocksregenerdeevilmark444crm14916sistericalcyonesereneliantheliadark4bloodsaimorphx#5330 38 votes
Christian Griffin's design, #2
34%
gaevsmanmeimeitooquesteriusswamariandirlettiasheldonlcooperwhere2r1mainajunglestreakerclaudiusdkmarkhawkmanmyopicaardyliontriadthedarkphenoixrelicthiefdiscoricehopkaiipoddliqultuqfinsches123 43 votes
Jesse Heinig's design #3
12%
es5001protoneousstrathkinszerontzurltminnsrattler2forcemajeureastroroblarilussbaudlkeepcalmchiveonrezkingwestmetalsavoozuulterranempire#7881fleetcaptain5#1134 16 votes
Mike Fatum's design, #4
14%
nightkenjr20mb13sauron90805daboholictoivamustrumridcully0sorceror01joeykoricseriousdaveangrytargdragonturtletimmytmassxjexsamxsolidshark214ussvaliant#6064gph05phoenixc#0738imperium#7101 18 votes
I'm not voting
7%
coldnapalmarabaturcaptiannemo117sparhawkmagnusravencrepuscularraysscorpwanna#3529apheex#3641shredd1#9889 9 votes

Comments

• Options
    saimorphx#5330 saimorphx Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    Nick Duguid's design, #1
    I like the look of Ship #1 the best. #4 wasn't bad either. #3 looks like another model, or another races version of the scorpion fighter.

They can Make #1, or #4 the ship, and #3 a swarm of tiny drones!

%2 Doesn't look like an "active" ship it looks like a colony ship that would orbit a sun, like Yorktown, or in the case of #2 the predecessor to Yorktown.
  • Options
    fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,788 Arc User
    Jesse Heinig's design #3
    It wasn't easy, they're all lovely designs (especially the raw sketches :p )

Christian's ship design is really unique with the dome and artificial environment. Mike's design also looks great as it incorporates something similar. I really like the Jupiter-esque looks of Nick's version - cruiser-like science ships are some of my favourites.

Jesse's design was my choice in the end though. It also features the bulbous parts, but with its more distinguished parts in the back, the ship's design allows for better imagination as to what functions it could perform.
    The ships space is, so to say, less centralised around one part of the hull and therefore there appear to be more dedicated areas on the ship.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • Options
    rezkingrezking Member Posts: 1,109 Arc User
    Jesse Heinig's design #3
    It was close, between 1 and 3.
    Ship 1 would have been the choice for me if it didn't look so elongated.
    Ship 3 looks like it can function as part of a Task Force but is at home in orbit above Risa.
    NO to ARC
    RIP KDF and PvP 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev
  • Options
    gilles#8843 gilles Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    I hope that they add two hanger bays on ship 1. Watched the video, they put one on but moving the design around the end result had no spot for it anymore.
  • Options
    centurian821centurian821 Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    I went for Ship #2. It looks most like a science ship as well as a vacation ship to me.
  • Options
    sanatobasanatoba Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    Nick Duguid's design, #1
    Nick Duguid's design, #1

Voted for #1, though I was wishing I could vote a second time for #2 because I like that design too. I just think design 1 is too awesome to not vote for. And I also liked design 3, but not as much as the first 2. Didn't care for design 4 at all.
    Been Playing STO as much as I can for 11+ Years!

"Never Surrender! Never give up Hope!"
    "Prosperity and Success in everything you do."
    "To Boldly go.........well punch it already!"
    "To Be or Not To Be"....Alas, the Foundry is Not To Be. We Shall miss Thee, dear Friend!
    "Does anyone remember when we used to be explorers?"- Captain Jean-Luc Picard
    Thank You, Cryptic......even when I don't agree with all your decisions....Thank You for Star Trek Online!
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    Jesse Heinig's design #3
    Agonized for a bit before settling on Jesse's design. It was a tossup between 1, 3, and 4. 1 and 4 felt like submarines, which kinda fits the design style of Risa with its more maritime look for ships. 3 felt like a design that would work in seaQuest, so still a sub but one that looked a bit more agile and less purpose built.
    for me, 2 felt... big. A bit too big IMO. Still pretty clever though.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    magnusravenmagnusraven Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    I'm not voting
    None, dislike them all.
  • Options
    dannon#6463 dannon Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    Voted #2
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Jesse Heinig's design #3

1 would be a close second if it becomes a sci carrier variant.

otherwise, i think #3 has more appeal.

(i honestly didnt care for any of them. while fun for them to see the possibility of a ship in the game they designed, as anyone would, there are certainly other aspects of this game they could work on. for that reason, and for being more positive, i wont delve into reasons why i dislike them as a whole)

good luck to them all. :)

I voted for 2 but I agree with keepcalmchiveon, do not care for any of them. UNLESS.....unless this ship comes with 1. temporal bridge officer seating, and 2. Ability: Molecular Reconstruction; (as with any Risa ship), 90% of STO science-based people will not use as their main science ship. Too many other, more powerful and easily obtainable science ships in game already. But, thanks to Cryptic for the unique opportunity for some COVID-19 locked up in my house 'hey, let's pick a design' ship time.

Good luck to them all. :smile:
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Jesse Heinig's design #3

(i honestly didnt care for any of them. while fun for them to see the possibility of a ship in the game they designed, as anyone would, there are certainly other aspects of this game they could work on. for that reason, and for being more positive, i wont delve into reasons why i dislike them as a whole)

I voted for 2 but agree with keepcalmchiveon. I honestly didn't care for any of them. UNLESS this ship comes with 1. Temporal seating AND Ability: Molecular Reconstruction, OR 2. Miracle Worker ship with a 12th console slot, OR 3. dual hangar bay sci carrier with secondary deflector; otherwise, it's just going to become another admiralty ship and a good daily Summer distraction. There are too many other, far superior and easily obtainable science ships out there for the science-based STO player. But honestly, much thanks (no sarcasm) to Cryptic for the nice COVID-19 locked in my home, 'hey, let's vote on 1 of 4 ships' distraction. If anything (fingers-crossed) this has a console that is good AND (AND) can be used on any ship, not just Risa ships. Probably pushing (most likely pushing) the envelope here but also a good starship trait and not one that we look at and think, "Oh, well, that's...um, cute."

Good luck to them all.

Post edited by dannon#6463 on
  • Options
    kimonykimony Member Posts: 571 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    Nick Duguid's design, #1
    Ship one is a beauty!

#SaucersForever #TrianglesCutDeep #TeamBeta #ShipOneisNumberOne
  • Options
    warhammeredwarhammered Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    Nick Duguid's design, #1
    #1 no doubt.
    I did like the idea for #2, but the front of it looked too much like a current day tug boat.
  • Options
    szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    Jesse Heinig's design #3
    I really liked the cutter-fin on the underside of Jesse's concept(which isn't shown very well). I do wish the domes were set into the hull instead of protruding up on raised platforms though. It also vaguely reminds me of the Asgard ships from Stargate.

I fully expect 1 to win though. I have some concerns about how the pylons and hull curvature will turn out ingame, but it is a very sleek design.
  • Options
    shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    Went with number 2
  • Options
    bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    Nick Duguid's design, #1
    Honestly I was torn between 2,3,and 4. I finally had to ask my wife to come decide which one she liked best. She picked #1.

1 is a very good look, but looks more like a Eng focused Carrier to me.

2 is quite sweet, and with the dome and artificial landscape in it looks like a xenozoological specimen collection ship.

3 I liked alot, but I do think it looks more Tac focused with it's lines. I gotta agree with saimorphx on it...
    ...#3 looks like another model, or another races version of the scorpion fighter.

They can Make #1, or #4 the ship, and #3 a swarm of tiny drones!

4 is also very cool, and to me it does say Science Submarine, but something about the little nacelles on it does strike me as odd.

Just my 2 EC worth of opinions.​​
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • Options
    djblack71#6265 djblack71 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    Nick Duguid's design, #1
    I went for # 1 because not only is it sleek, it looks like it could land in water and used as a hydroplane or even submerge itself. Science ships do not haft to look odd or bulky, The Romulan science ship looks cool and you cant even tell the diffrence with any of the klingons..... yeah the one with the biodome is a cool idea but some one said it looks like a tug boat on the front and they are right, the 4th one was cool too, a nice runner up to #1 and the 3rd was not aesthetically appealing to me, something just looked off about it.
  • Options
    shredd1#9889 shredd1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I'm not voting
    None of those concepts were "I must have that" quality IMHO.
  • Options
    junglestreakerjunglestreaker Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I liked 2 & 4 the most but have to vote for 2.
  • Options
    trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    Nick Duguid's design, #1
    #1 Simply because I hoping for a science carrier. I know better than to expect it. But, I can hope for one.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • Options
    ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    Mike Fatum's design, #4
    I voted for no 4 simply because it has

[img][/img]Ev4crwg.jpg

vibe
    maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Jesse Heinig's design #3

I voted for 2 but agree with keepcalmchiveon. I honestly didn't care for any of them. I would care if (and none of these options will happen) this ship comes with 1. Temporal seating AND Ability: Molecular Reconstruction, OR 2. Miracle Worker ship with a 12th console slot, OR 3. dual hangar bay sci carrier with secondary deflector; otherwise, this will just become another admiralty ship and good Summer daily distraction. There are too many other, far superior and easily obtainable science ships out there for the science-based STO player.

That said, much thanks (no sarcasm) to Cryptic for the nice COVID-19 locked in my home, 'hey, let's vote on 1 of 4 ships' distraction. If anything (fingers-crossed) this has a console that is good AND (AND) can be used on any ship, not just Risa ships. Probably pushing (most likely pushing) the envelope here but also a good starship trait and not one that we look at and think, "Oh, well, that's...um, cute."

Good luck to them all.
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    Jesse Heinig's design #3
    Kind of funny how people progressively voted more for the first and least for the fourth/last.
  • Options
    scorpwanna#3529 scorpwanna Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    I'm not voting
    #6, Why aren't there more choices? Why not a Risan 69 Charger? Let's stick with sports cars!
  • Options
    trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    Nick Duguid's design, #1
    Jesse Heinig's design #3

I voted for 2 but agree with keepcalmchiveon. I honestly didn't care for any of them. I would care if (and none of these options will happen) this ship comes with 1. Temporal seating AND Ability: Molecular Reconstruction, OR 2. Miracle Worker ship with a 12th console slot, OR 3. dual hangar bay sci carrier with secondary deflector; otherwise, this will just become another admiralty ship and good Summer daily distraction. There are too many other, far superior and easily obtainable science ships out there for the science-based STO player.

That said, much thanks (no sarcasm) to Cryptic for the nice COVID-19 locked in my home, 'hey, let's vote on 1 of 4 ships' distraction. If anything (fingers-crossed) this has a console that is good AND (AND) can be used on any ship, not just Risa ships. Probably pushing (most likely pushing) the envelope here but also a good starship trait and not one that we look at and think, "Oh, well, that's...um, cute."

Good luck to them all.

If you didn't really care for any of them. Perhaps you should have voted for #3. Since it looks like an Akira class, and the Akira is getting a visual update. #2 kind of looks like a fish bowl stuck on the bottom of an upside down house slipper.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Jesse Heinig's design #3
    For those people that said they weren't Voting, they did. They made a selection and pressed the Vote button. If you were not going to Vote you should have just stayed away from this Thread. ;)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    kimonykimony Member Posts: 571 Arc User
    Nick Duguid's design, #1
    Remember:

KW7waLR.jpg

#SaucersForever #TrianglesCutDeep #TeamBeta #ShipOneisNumberOne
This discussion has been closed.