test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Most canonical Phaser rifle?

radagast75radagast75 Member Posts: 333 Arc User
Yet another question.. What would be the most canon looking type 3 phaser of the era (Rifle) for admiral level?

If memory serves, the first rifle ever, the one you get from Vega colony is quite close what i think would be fitting but obviously it is too weak. However, i am redy to compromise litle of damage to get "Standard issue" starfleet weaponry.

What i want to avoid at all costs.

-Oversized weapon
-Oberly shining weapon
-weapons that dont look/ feel Starfleet standard issue.

As hand weapon i always carry i use type 1 phaser that scales when you level, that is fitting even with wrong color of beam. It is small and compact, just as hand phaser should be.
Captain Hunt, at your service!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by radagast75 on

Comments

• Options
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Well the Elite Fleet rifles aren't bad. They aren't canon like that Mk I standard-issue phaser.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Well the Elite Fleet rifles aren't bad. They aren't canon like that Mk I standard-issue phaser.

Thanks, anything that does not rquire fleet marks?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    sirboulevardsirboulevard Member Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    radagast75 wrote: »

Well, you're kinda screwed on that point. The only other Type 3 Phasers that aren't horrible looking then are the M.A.C.O. Rifles in the Omega Reputation. The only other good looking one is the Mk I Phaser Rifle from the Tutorial because its an older TNG-era rifle.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

TRIBBLE Hydra! Hail Janeway!
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Well, you're kinda screwed on that point. The only other Type 3 Phasers that aren't horrible looking then are the M.A.C.O. Rifles in the Omega Reputation. The only other good looking one is the Mk I Phaser Rifle from the Tutorial because its an older TNG-era rifle.

The MACO rifles look like big shiny squirtguns. :rolleyes: The MACO pulswave looks cool though even if it doesn't look like anything canon. (Plus it's a shotgun that shoots grenades!) Other than that, the only good looking weapons are the elite fleet weapons.
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I love the look of the TOS Phaser rifle...

Not 2409 standard issue, but nice looking none-the-less.

:cool:
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Pretty much all the TOS items look really good. Almost makes me wish this was an entirely TOS based game. :rolleyes:

One may wish amirite? :D
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    radagast75 wrote: »

They're not exactly hard to get. The ground weapons aren't cheap, but that's only a real problem if you want to equip boffs with them. And they're not really more expensive than rep set weapons.

Which also look nice, but the Omega and Adapted guns don't look very "Star Trek", while the MACO rifle needs to go on a diet.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    In the past, i just equipped my team with Jem'hadar ridles since they are rather good compared to how easy it is to get them and most importantly, they dont shine like a silver platter in orbit of sun plus they are well balanced in size.

Since we have basically all the required weapons from TOS era which are type 1,2 and 3 phasers, it would be nice to see other era weapons as reward from some missions as well.

Romulans can get their traditional hand disruptors.

Meanwhile Klingons are yanked since theyr weapons seem to be available from Starfleet mission, that felt odd but one can always mail them i suppose.

To think of it, i currently have Commander level phaser sniper rifle, that would be good candidate for standard issue if it would only shine much less and bve lil smaller. Then again there is Plasma rifles with exact same skin >_<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    I've told Cryptic before that I'd pay real money for a nice VR Mk XII phaser rifle that looks like a Mk I rifle (although it'd better be account-wide if it involves real money instead of dil). Keep bugging them about it. I'm sure there's demand.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Just as ythere was demand for Benzite biff's at year 2010.

I discovered this when i was trying to ger Benzite ensign for me Engineer slot.. Only to find out they were missing even then and at least some people wanted them.

There is still no Benzite :(

In the place of adding yet another starship to C-store to mock poor people with no time, they should add some free things that people wanted instead. I use C-store pretty often but getting tired of it and also since alternative for split second credit card buy is weeks of grinding for those who cant afford it :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]