test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Who will be the Captain of the Dominion Flagship?

lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
I'm betting either Loriss or Wyoun or Dukan’Rex.

Comments

• Options
    trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    Which ever one they can get to be the "Happy, happy. Joy, joy. Let's all be friends." type.

Personally, I'd rather have seen the Dominion return and Roflstomp the Alliance, like they could have in DS9. Which is this turns into a "We could have conquered the galaxy, but we need help with a few bugs." Kind of thing. I'm going to be sorely disappointed.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • Options
    > @trennan said:
    > Which ever one they can get to be the "Happy, happy. Joy, joy. Let's all be friends." type.
    >
    > Personally, I'd rather have seen the Dominion return and Roflstomp the Alliance, like they could have in DS9. Which is this turns into a "We could have conquered the galaxy, but we need help with a few bugs." Kind of thing. I'm going to be sorely disappointed.

I think that the bugs are just one of the Hur'q racial servants, the way the Iconians have Heralds, Blue Gills, Tal Shi'ar, Elachi and their drones, Solinae and their Swarmers, and so on.

So the Hur'q would have these stone bugs (Druuzuzi or something I forget the name), Fekl'ri, and other servants.

So the Hur'q possibly have an Empire as big as the Dominion in the Gamma Quadrant, or bigger, with out posts in other Quadrants.

Also the Hur'q we're capable of having their Fekl'ri servants open portals all the way in the Beta Quadrant allowing their fleets to attack Qo'nos itself from the Gamma Quadrant.
  • Options
    nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,290 Arc User
    it will either be a Lorris or that crybaby one from facility 4028 or whatever it's called
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    Considering that the storylines are based around the new generation of captain i would say that Dukan'Rex is a little old to take that spot and the character would need to be cryptic own in the same way Shon, Koren and Jaork are, the new Domion flagship captain with the reputation of a hero would also need to have the authority to take command and act as a hero. Jem'Hadar are not exactly hero material, the Vorta are always treacherous and the founder doesn't care enough to get involved.

It might require another type of character to fill a special slot within the Dominion and have those powers and be trusted with them, perhaps a T-Rogoran or a Karemma instead? or what about one of the two human species within the Dominion; a Yadaran or a Teplan?
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    sophlogimo wrote: »
    I think the Hur'q did in fact sleep for the past 1000 years. in the STO timeline, that was also Kahless' time (which is weird, but maybe it's just Martok confusing things there), so the Fek'Ihri, at least the more recently encountered version, may indeed be Hur'q servitors.

Regarding the topic: I believe a Weyoun would make sense, or at least a Vorta. However, the STO devs seem to be going for "Jem'Hadar are captains, Vorta are more like admirals", so it will probably be a Jem'Hadar with a regular apostrophe name.

Well, no, it's not that the Hur'q have an empire. They had one. And by all the lore, which you can look up on memory alpha. They say that the hur'q from klingon history were extinct, their existence had come to an end, by 2372. This was recorded when Kor and Worf recovered the Sword of Kahless in the Gamma Quadrant.

So I'd go with the ghost of Martok confusing things.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • Options
    lordgyor wrote: »
    > @trennan said:
    > Which ever one they can get to be the "Happy, happy. Joy, joy. Let's all be friends." type.
    >
    > Personally, I'd rather have seen the Dominion return and Roflstomp the Alliance, like they could have in DS9. Which is this turns into a "We could have conquered the galaxy, but we need help with a few bugs." Kind of thing. I'm going to be sorely disappointed.

I think that the bugs are just one of the Hur'q racial servants, the way the Iconians have Heralds, Blue Gills, Tal Shi'ar, Elachi and their drones, Solinae and their Swarmers, and so on.

So the Hur'q would have these stone bugs (Druuzuzi or something I forget the name), Fekl'ri, and other servants.

So the Hur'q possibly have an Empire as big as the Dominion in the Gamma Quadrant, or bigger, with out posts in other Quadrants.

Also the Hur'q we're capable of having their Fekl'ri servants open portals all the way in the Beta Quadrant allowing their fleets to attack Qo'nos itself from the Gamma Quadrant.

Well, no, on this. That's a different story. The Fek'lhr were created by the same ones that created the Klingons. This unnamed species wanted a race of warriors and created the Fek'lhr first. But, they were extremely difficult to control. They then created the Klingons, a race of warriors like they wanted, but easier to control. The species that created both, put the Fek'lhr in charge of the Klingons. At some point after this, the creating species withdrew from the beta quadrant, and the Fek'lhr ruled and enslaved the klingons, until the time of Kahless and Molor.

Now, for this you'd have to do the math. The Hur'q raided Qo'nos in the 14th century, this would be Earth time. So 1000 years ago, by earth time. This is where it gets tricky, because the Hur'q stole artifacts. At this time, the Sword of Kahless was a historical artifact, and the Hur'q stole it. It's also when the Klingons obtained warp drive, from the captured Hur'q ships. Now to make this more of headache. The math to use it calendar days. Earth's is 365 per year. The Klingon calendar is 388 days per year.

Doing the math here, pushes the time of Kahless back some, closer to 5th or 6th century earth, at most. This is using the life span of a Klingon, which is 150 earth years, max. So, this can also place the time of Kahless, at a better estimate, to around 8th to 10th century earth.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,121 Community Moderator
    Also... many believed the Iconians were wiped out too. How does that explain the Iconian War?

Just because someone said they're extinct in the 24th Century doesn't mean anything. The Flood in Halo were dormant for thousands of years before being found on the Shield World by the Spirit of Fire, and years later by the Master Chief on Alpha Halo. There was no knowledge of them, despite the Flood having ravaged large swaths of the galaxy when fighting both Ancient Humans and later the Forerunners.
    Another example of a species that hid their existance is the Shadows. The only species that really knew they existed were the Minbari, because they fought a war 1000 years earlier. All the other races didn't.
    And another is the Reapers from Mass Effect. They purged the galaxy of sentient life for thousands upon thousands of years, hiding their existance in plain sight the entire time. NO ONE knew they existed until Commander Shepard killed one.

SO... is it really hard to believe the Hur'q hid themselves away, allowing for other races to assume they went extinct?
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    The dead Fekl'ri were found to share Hur'q DNA so I'll be disappointed if that plotline doesn't get explored.
  • Options
    showie#7441 showie Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Me.
  • Options
    showie#7441 showie Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Seriously I want Weyun or Dukan'Rex because they have so much experience. Weyun if the Dominion still don't allow Jem'Hadar to be captains, or Dukan'Rex if they do. Realistically I suspect and predict it's going to be Dukan'Rex
  • Options
    > @showie#7441 said:
    > Seriously I want Weyun or Dukan'Rex because they have so much experience. Weyun if the Dominion still don't allow Jem'Hadar to be captains, or Dukan'Rex if they do. Realistically I suspect and predict it's going to be Dukan'Rex

Actually thinking about I think it will be Loriss, think about it, what function does she serve in ViL, the voice actress who does her isn't a former DS9 cast member, so I can't think of a compelling reason to bring her back except one. To Captain the Flagship of the Domain, a Jem'hadar Vanguard Dreadnaught Cruiser.

No other Flagship for any other faction is Captained by a former star trek cast member (her work on Star Trek continues doesn't count).
  • Options
    tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    I couldn't imagine Weyoun being in command of the flagship, considering the track record of his lineage. Bloody Jem'Hadar probably live longer than he does, even when he only has allies around.
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    sophlogimo wrote: »
    Uh, how could a Vorta command a ship? If that was the case, Jem'Hadar would NOT command ships - but we do know that they do, because our new characters will be Jem'Hadar.

Vorta are able commanders, commanding one ship isn't much issue when one is capable of commanding an entire fleet being the mission giver for individual ship captains. Jem'Hadar are notgenerals, that is clearly left to Vorta. But STO might establish a new type of Jem'Hadar bred to be generals leaving the Vorta free to other tasks.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    I'll also point out that when the Dominion Fleet comes to save Bajor the Captain of the lead ship appears to be Loriss, who I think is ferrying Odo around.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,121 Community Moderator
    I admit, I kinda liked the previous Loriss. She had some spunk and wasn't quite so "Founders are wise in all things". And the fact she had fun at Earun's expense made me lol.
    I kinda want that spunk back.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    rattler2 wrote: »
    I admit, I kinda liked the previous Loriss. She had some spunk and wasn't quite so "Founders are wise in all things". And the fact she had fun at Earun's expense made me lol.
    I kinda want that spunk back.
    I actually replayed those to hear how the new VA did it. it's not exactly the same, but pretty close.

Also it's a different Loriss. The one you see in the new FE states that it was a previous Loriss who captured DS9. It was canonically established that Vorta don't act the same way in each iteration.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    We only saw the lastest clone of Loriss briefly, so its way to early to get a really good grasp of her personalitu yet.