test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Can't disable proxy on Launcher

nandospcnandospc Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
I've this odd problem: since last patch, i can't disable the proxy on Launcher options. Last week i selected the eu proxy for a connection problem, then the game worked well, so now i decide to disable it but the launcher doesn't let me select the "None" option. I mean, when i select "None" and i click on "Save" button, then, in the game, i still see the eu link on character selection screen. If i select EU or US proxy i see it correctly in that screen, but if i select "None" the game will detects last proxy option...

Seriously, i can't understand where is the problem. Why the launcher can't save properly proxy options if don't want to use it? Is there a command i can put in "Command Line" field that manually disable the proxy?

ps: i also opened the launcher with administrator privileges, but no results...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    som3one1som3one1 Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I had this exact issue and you can fix it if you know how to edit the registry, if not don't try this if done wrong it may break stuff.

The proxy setting is saved at "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cryptic\Star Trek Online" under the Proxy key, manually edit this to "None".
    This worked for me.
    If you are reading this you have stopped reading my post and are now reading my signature.
  • Options
    drake122svkdrake122svk Member Posts: 731 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Thanks for this solution, I accidentally selected a proxy server in the options menu and couldn't deselect it. Editing the registry also worked for me.