test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Obelisk is OP, nerf please

ferdzso0ferdzso0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited November 2013 in Federation Discussion
as the title says

again a ship, with no tests, that came out OP. I could live with it, as it is free, but there is the p2w version. the base boff setup is way too good, and the lobi version has an even better setup, with a too powerful console.

it needs a quick hotfix. I mean you see the thing everywhere, it is clear that it is OP, as everyone uses it, and nothing else. everything else is useless now.

I saw one of these in ISE deal 890 DPS, the mission was over before I realized it. it was not fun at all

10k DPS Vesta threads: 1; 2
Post edited by ferdzso0 on

Comments

• coffeemikecoffeemike Member Posts: 942 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I say leave it as is. The turn rate is a pain... makes me glad I use AP beam weapons on the Fleet Avenger.
  • voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    *slow clap*
    Because I assume you are joking, right?
    Well done, sir.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    lol ... trolling is against forum rules
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2013
    Bah, I kept that thing packed, no need for it.
  • collegepark2151collegepark2151 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    It actually needs a buff. A major buff. I haven't even logged on since it was made available but I know it needs a buff. All the fanboys are keeping it from happening. I know. Don't think I don't. Beef, etc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Porthos is not amused.
  • atalossataloss Member Posts: 563 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    To be honest it's a Atrox with a Engineering commander and some new skin. It's a healer/ support ship and nothing more.
    One day Cryptic will be free from their Perfect World overlord. Until that day comes, they will continue to pamper the whales of this game, and ignore everyone that isn't a whale.
  • sgtstarfallsgtstarfall Member Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    It actually needs a buff. A major buff. I haven't even logged on since it was made available but I know it needs a buff. All the fanboys are keeping it from happening. I know. Don't think I don't. Beef, etc.

I think the OP is being very sarcastic. :P

To be fair though, I didn't pick that up until I saw the "890 DPS" and rofl'd.
    it's huge...
    it's free!
    Go pro or go home
  • getabigdogupyougetabigdogupyou Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    ferdzso0 wrote: »
    as the title says

again a ship, with no tests, that came out OP. I could live with it, as it is free, but there is the p2w version. the base boff setup is way too good, and the lobi version has an even better setup, with a too powerful console.

it needs a quick hotfix. I mean you see the thing everywhere, it is clear that it is OP, as everyone uses it, and nothing else. everything else is useless now.

I saw one of these in ISE deal 890 DPS, the mission was over before I realized it. it was not fun at all

you have to be ****ting me its a lvl 40 ship its as op as a T5 CONNIE....
  • talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    free carrier, now my science characters have a carrier!
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • collegepark2151collegepark2151 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013

I know. That's why I made a sarcastic reply. ;)

Though, to be fair as well, I didn't catch on until the second time I read the OP. Dry humor is hard to pick up on in text form.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Porthos is not amused.
  • mrkollinsmrkollins Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Yeah it's super OP!

huehuehue
    Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • rustiswordzrustiswordz Member Posts: 824 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Its OP arrgh its OP they are ALL OP all ships are OP nerf this, that everything else AAAAARGH DOOM DOOM DOOM!

Please. :P :rolleyes:
    Monkey see, Monkey do. Monkey flings Feathered Monkey poo... :D
  • reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Funny thing is I wouldn't be surprised if someone makes this thing a top-tier damage dealer in the same rough league as the Recluse and Jem Dread. Can do the cookie-cutter dual A2B+FAW+APB with DEM3-Marion for 6 arrays, plus fighter support with a dozen swarmers or scorpions. And to think, some people are complaining that its weak. :D
  • ralstin01ralstin01 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    the ship is ok, and NOT o.p.
  • mvp333mvp333 Member Posts: 509 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    It's "everywhere" because it's the latest shiny... After a while it will only be as common as, say, the Atrox, I believe.
  • coffeemikecoffeemike Member Posts: 942 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The JH Dreadnought carrier is tactical, the atrox is more sci, and this is eng...

Can we update the Vulcan ship please and add their Battle cruisers?
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited October 2013

Ditto.
    voporak wrote: »
    *slow clap*

Well done, sir.
    *Joins Slow Clap* Well done, indeed!

:D

LOL

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • mvp333mvp333 Member Posts: 509 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    coffeemike wrote: »
    The JH Dreadnought carrier is tactical, the atrox is more sci, and this is eng...

Can we update the Vulcan ship please and add their Battle cruisers?

^Yes. The D'Kyr and/or other Vulcan future ship are the only two C-Store ships I can see myself buying, but as of now the D'kyr is just a novelty item... PLEASE buff the D'kyr, add an interior, and if possible add the Battlecruiser (though I won't fly it, being a Sci).
  • big68earlbig68earl Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Just learn how to play and stop crying about something being OP.
    I am sick of cry babies crying something is OP. maybe your just Under power.
  • sevmragesevmrage Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    LOL at the people missing the point.

The new Obby is totally nerf and needs to be OPed.
    Weyland-Yutani Joint Space Venture - Always open to new members!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My name is Rage, and I too support a revised Galaxy family.
    khayuung wrote: »
    Firstly, be proud! You're part of the few, the stubborn, the Federation Dreadnought Captains.
  • sgtstarfallsgtstarfall Member Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    To be fair to the Obelisk, the idea of having pets that can launch transphasic torpedoes 12 at a time can be quite appealing, even though it's not the strongest thing out there. After all, it is damage where it counts the most - the hull. However, the swarm pets are still pets. They can be easily wiped out with AOE attacks. On the same note, I forgot whether the swarmers could be equipped on other carriers. I personally think it'd be fair to reserve it for the Obelisk alone though.
    as the title says

890 DPS, WOW he must be a master ship builder, to get 890 you must be a very good player...
    I can't make a build to get that kind of dps (if i put weapons and pets on that ship), lol.
    Great build, greetings from dps-30.000.
    big68earl wrote: »
    Just learn how to play and stop crying about something being OP.
    I am sick of cry babies crying something is OP. maybe your just Under power.

I think you missed something from OP, the 890 dps..
    Keybind: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=9355971&postcount=463
    Bone1970 don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. Fed Tac.
    Bone Trader don't belief in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. Fed Tac.
    Bone2 don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. KDF Eng.
    Warning: Not a native English-speaker, sorry if my English sucks.
  • abfabfleetabfabfleet Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    as the title says

WAAAAA overpowered, WAAA you ever stop to think it was what the person was running as a build OR maybe your build needs help. Stop complaining and how about asking the person what their build is and what they are running on it. Unreal.. where are the pacifiers for the remaining of this thread.
  • rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    it is clear that it is OP
    I saw one of these in ISE deal 890 DPS

LOL

edit: how many people in this thread did not see the dripping sarcasm in the OP. lololol
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • vagiusvagius Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    These are my favorite threads.

I think all carriers should be nerfed. Why should my pets do as much dps as the average pug?
    just another p2w gimmick if you ask me.
  • arcjetarcjet Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    *puts away cookies*

No cookie for you! You come back, one year!

On a 'more serious' note, I'd like to get a big ship again. I mean, really, the Avenger is so tiny. And the new ship.. what's it name again? Obelix or something - it isn't even as big as a freaking Scimitar.
    We need something that stands out again. Thanks.
  • talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    This thread tickles me. Barely a day out and the OP thread starts. Though I think the OP who wrote it was kidding.

Least I hope he was. Either way, still find this whole thread hilarious.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,545 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The new free(yay! Thanks, Team!) carrier is not OP. I say again, the new free carrier is not OP.

Every other ship in STO is waay underpowered.

Devs, can you do a quick hotfix on every other ship so they are as mighty as the new free carrier? Please?

And while you're at it, could you please reinstate the filters which automatically remove the posts in this thread of anyone who has no sense of humor?

@ the OP - The new carrier is not OP, you are OP, OP. Brilliant! Stupendous! My hat is off to you, Sirrah!
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    [serious]The Obelisk is fine, power wise. I just don't like to fly carriers in general because they fly like bricks and I'm not good at micromanaging.[/serious]
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/