test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Obelisk is OP, nerf please

13»

Comments

• kintishokintisho Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I like this ship as in introductory carrier, waiting on my jem hadar carrier
  • thegalaxy31thegalaxy31 Member Posts: 1,211 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    ferdzso0 wrote: »
    as the title says

again a ship, with no tests, that came out OP. I could live with it, as it is free, but there is the p2w version. the base boff setup is way too good, and the lobi version has an even better setup, with a too powerful console.

it needs a quick hotfix. I mean you see the thing everywhere, it is clear that it is OP, as everyone uses it, and nothing else. everything else is useless now.

I saw one of these in ISE deal 890 DPS, the mission was over before I realized it. it was not fun at all

Dude, this ship is perfectly fine, the turn rate is bleh, the swarmers are easy to destroy, and this thing doesn't have many tactical slots. Every time a new ship comes out, players think it is OP, but once you start fighting it, 99.9% of the time, you learn how to beat it, depending on the build it has, of course. A quick BFAW should take care of all those swarmers in no time.

The way to defeat it (I'm guessing because I use one) is to use stuff like Viral Matrix or stuff that slows it down or shuts down subsystems (especially Auxiliary, which would shut down a good amount of heals).
    I would love to visit this star in-game...or maybe this one!
    Won't SOMEONE please think of the CHILDREN?!
  • freedumb4evafreedumb4eva Member Posts: 269
    edited November 2013
    I see what you did there.
  • talzerotwotalzerotwo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    as the title says

again a ship, with no tests, that came out OP. I could live with it, as it is free, but there is the p2w version. the base boff setup is way too good, and the lobi version has an even better setup, with a too powerful console.

it needs a quick hotfix. I mean you see the thing everywhere, it is clear that it is OP, as everyone uses it, and nothing else. everything else is useless now.

I saw one of these in ISE deal 890 DPS, the mission was over before I realized it. it was not fun at all

I had no problem toasting these ships and outliving them in me fleet excelsior, grant I was on my engi too but still. carriers are carriers, not that difficult to deal with.
    [SIGPIC]http://tinyurl.com/msywqm5[/SIGPIC]
    Chillax. No Ego. No Drama.

Like my alien? Watch THE VIDEO
    Need custom graphics for you or your fleet? Click HERE
  • wolfpacknzwolfpacknz Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    as the title says

Wow yeah, that's so defiantly OP given people are now measuring their DPS at 15-25000. That ship is NOT OP nor even close to it. The LT Tac officer layout is a joke, but inline with any other carrier, its turn rate is appalling, again inline with any other carrier. IF you think 890DPS is OP, I would suggest you take a class in how to get DPS out of your ship and pay a little more attention...

People like you who cry nerf at everything have ruined this game and taken ANY challenge away from it...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ***Disenchanted***
    Real Join Date: Monday, 17 May 2010
  • annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,675 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    ataloss wrote: »
    To be honest it's a Atrox with a Engineering commander and some new skin. It's a healer/ support ship and nothing more.

actually, it's a nerfed atrox, considering you are forced to use a weapon slot for the ap beam turret.
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • ferdzso0ferdzso0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    wolfpacknz wrote: »
    Wow yeah, that's so defiantly OP given people are now measuring their DPS at 15-25000. That ship is NOT OP nor even close to it. The LT Tac officer layout is a joke, but inline with any other carrier, its turn rate is appalling, again inline with any other carrier. IF you think 890DPS is OP, I would suggest you take a class in how to get DPS out of your ship and pay a little more attention...

People like you who cry nerf at everything have ruined this game and taken ANY challenge away from it...

it is OP, no matter how you put it.

just because you are fine with the exploits in the game, I cannot be. this ship is OP not only because it has superior setup to everything else, but it also facilitates the currently running exploits so well, that there is just no point in running any other ship, unless for RP reasons

10k DPS Vesta threads: 1; 2
  • cptlankfordcptlankford Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013

Not to sound condescending but my Odyssey with its Fleet Phaser Arrays can do 875 DPS per beam and I don't even have full Mk XII purple Phaser Relays. If this DPS level sounds high to you might I direct you to the Academy section of the forums. Lots of good advice on builds there and how to get more out of your starship. :)
  • yeswecantyeswecant Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The Obelisk is OP?

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
    I have an advanced Obelisk with elite fleet gear and honestly, if it is about OP, then you should be whining about the Jem dread (which I have as well) a LOT more.

The advanced Obelisk might be THE best tanker on paper, but in actual pve you will die a lot becasue you draw every enemie's attention with beam fire at Will

Just do your team a favor and put "Extend Shields III" on the commander engineer (if you are an engineer yourself)- that way you can be of some use.

Oh, and the dps aren't THAT amazing -.-
    Yes, you can tank a fleet Defian's alpha strike and the ****storm after that (yes you can, I tried it out with a fleetmate yesterday), BUT: You can't blow up the defiant that is shooting you either.

In a nutshell:
    You are flying a ship with one hell of a tank but painfully low dps
    Where does the ship perform best?

Crystalline elite:
    Place it about 12km from the entity and let your swarmers out (hangar pets have 15km range). And as most of your dps come from your hangar pets, you don't need to worry about being the "bad AFK guy". You will most likely have the Obelisk 3 piece set and use that and boost your hangar pets with "Emergency power to weapons"
    And remember to heal your teammates whenever they need a quick heal.

That way you are a LOT more useful than just dying all the time when charging the entity and yes, you WILL die a lot if you just charge the entity with the advanced obelisk, the entity's dps are insane
  • sirokksirokk Member Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    as the title says

Oh my gosh! There's EVERYWHERE!!! It's gotta be OP! :eek:

890 DPS is pathetic, it was probably over before you knew it because your were AFK.

LOL...
    Star Trek Battles Channel - Play Star Trek like they did in the series!Avatar: pinterest-com/pin/14003448816884219Are you sure it isn't time for a "colorful metaphor"? --Spock in 'The Voyage Home'
    SCE ADVISORY NOTICE: Improper Impulse Engine maintenance can result in REAR THRUSTER LEAKAGE. ALWAYS have your work inspected by another qualified officer.
  • caldannachcaldannach Member Posts: 485 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    It amazes me how many people cant see the sarcasm in the OP......continue making fools of yourself by all means.
    " Experience is a hard mistress, she gives the tests first, and the lessons after... "
  • talajtalaj Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    caldannach wrote: »
    It amazes me how many people cant see the sarcasm in the OP......continue making fools of yourself by all means.

This is srs biznez!