test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Is this a deliberate change or a glitch?

Up to a few cycles back if I opened the transfers window while patching it told me what files were patching and the progress on each.

Now it just gives gibberish that varies from one run to another

today I'm patching a group of files named

EIZ L IZ L/IZ L with each letter having an accent on it
13498604 is what copy pasting the values gives

and all files today have a blocks value of:

(1/4)~(P)w4oe where (1/4) is the quarter symbol and (P) the symbol used for end line in word

how on earth is this of any help?

Please note that doesn't seem to stop it patching, and STO still as plays fine
It's just bizarre...

Comments

• crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    As far as anyone can tell, intended change (I guess they didn't like us more tech savy folk gleaning info from the formerly displayed file names and paths.) FYI it went in the last time the Cryptic launcher itself was updated back on 10/24.

IMO they should have just disabled <Ctrl><X>, and not allowed players to bring the window up.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • ericphailericphail Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    That's just stupid though, surely if that change had been in play a while back we'd never have realised how much of a pain in the TRIBBLE shadercache.hogg was and looked for work arounds...

Edit: Obfuscating the names to some extent makes a bit of sense, but making all of them have the same name make tech support harder surely