test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

More R.R.W Vessels

roguedemon3566roguedemon3566 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
edited October 2013 in Romulan Discussion
I think the one thing that the R.R.W lacks is the choice of ships, at least from my perspective, and I think it would be nice to have some more ships. One idea popped into my head though with this sort of idea.

We know that the Romulan Republic in one of the missions give you the choice to either ally with the Federation or the Klingons and this gave me the idea, hybrid ships. Of course I'm aware that allot of people wouldn't like the idea of Hybrid ships but it would also give more of a choice of vessel to use.

The list of Hybrid ships the player can choose from varies from the alliance they choose, basically if you allie with the Federation you get a Romulan/Federation hybrid vessel or if you choose the Klingons you get a Romulan/Klingon Hybrid. The idea sounded great in my head and that's why I thought of sharing it.
Post edited by roguedemon3566 on

Comments

• Options
    adverberoadverbero Member Posts: 2,045 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I can definatly see this working well for the klingons, there prey birds would go well with each other

Starfleet ships i can't see working so well in hybrid with romulans , maybe a defiant ish ship?

Interesting idea though, with some thought and creative ship design it could work quite well i think
    solar_approach_by_chaos_sandwhich-d74kjft.png

These are the Voyages on the STO forum, the final frontier. Our continuing mission: to explore Pretentious Posts, to seek out new Overreactions and Misinformation , to boldly experience Cynicism like no man has before.......
  • Options
    flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    adverbero wrote: »
    I can definatly see this working well for the klingons, their prey birds would go well with each other.
    The only thing these two types of ship have in common is their name. The only shared design between the Romulans and Klingons is/was the D7. Both have their own unique feel now though.

I'm not sure about the Klingons, and I wouldn't want them left out, but (especially with D'Tan set on reunification) I'd love to see some Romulan-Vulcan Hybrid ships. It's doubtful that Cryptic could use them, but there were some designs for SFC3 that I'm aware of, and they looked well lush; almost like a merge of D'Kyr and D'Deridex technology (at least one of them was). I'll have to try and seek them out later, but they sure looked the part.

I would however slot them into the C-Store and make them assesible to both FED-aligned and KDF-aligned, save splitting new ships up or having them specific to the Federation (lord knows, they've enough ships already).
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • Options
    aveimperatoraveimperator Member Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    adverbero wrote: »
    I can definatly see this working well for the klingons, there prey birds would go well with each other

Starfleet ships i can't see working so well in hybrid with romulans , maybe a defiant ish ship?

Interesting idea though, with some thought and creative ship design it could work quite well i think

Yeah, because this game totally needs MORE Defiant-like ships :rolleyes:
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Remember people the republic is just starting out its not like they got several shipyards to build their ships hell half their ships are recycled RSE ship repurposed to fit many roles.

So the fact they dont have a multitude of ships shows that they are a small faction just starting out.
  • Options
    telbasta7386telbasta7386 Member Posts: 761 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The only thing these two types of ship have in common is their name. The only shared design between the Romulans and Klingons is/was the D7. Both have their own unique feel now though.

I dunno, if you ask me the mogai/valdore look very much like upscaled klingon birds of prey. They have the same general layout of head/neck/wings/wingtip weapons/nacelles.
  • Options
    flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I dunno, if you ask me the mogai/valdore look very much like upscaled klingon birds of prey. They have the same general layout of head/neck/wings/wingtip weapons/nacelles.
    The same argument could be made for the Ferengi D'Kora which also supports a head, then neck, then wings with the wing-tips supporting weapons and / or nacelles.

I think the look of the Valdore/Mogai/Norexan is unique (and sleek) enough to say that it's her own design, and not one copied/borrowed from the Klingons. :)
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,844 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    flash525 wrote: »

I'm not sure about the Klingons, and I wouldn't want them left out, but (especially with D'Tan set on reunification) I'd love to see some Romulan-Vulcan Hybrid ships. It's doubtful that Cryptic could use them, but there were some designs for SFC3 that I'm aware of, and they looked well lush; almost like a merge of D'Kyr and D'Deridex technology (at least one of them was). I'll have to try and seek them out later, but they sure looked the part.

I would however slot them into the C-Store and make them assesible to both FED-aligned and KDF-aligned, save splitting new ships up or having them specific to the Federation (lord knows, they've enough ships already).

Are you sure those weren't from some player mod? Because I honestly don't remember any type of hybrids like that in SFC 3.
  • Options
    davidwforddavidwford Member Posts: 1,836 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    flash525 wrote: »

Believe it or not, the original script for Star Trek III: The Search for Spock was that Kruge's Bird of Prey was suppose to be a Romulan ship he captured. Granted, that did not make it into the final cut and is not considered canon, but the model WAS made with Romulan asthetics (particularly bird patterns) in mind.

Heck the ORIGINAL BOP was Romulan in the episode "Balance of Terror" (TOS). That ship latter made a reappearance in "The Deadly Years" (TOS). When they remastered the Original Series episdoe "THe Enterprise Incident" (TOS) in HD, they digitally replaced one of the D7 Battlecruisers with a Vas Hathem BOP. The only reason that ship was NOT in the original version was that the model was destoryed, possibly in a studio/warehouse fire.

But back to the issue at hand, I would LOVE to see some of the STO original BOP and Raptor designs be given a Romulan make-over and added to the Republic.
  • Options
    shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    davidwford wrote: »
    Believe it or not, the original script for Star Trek III: The Search for Spock was that Kruge's Bird of Prey was suppose to be a Romulan ship he captured. Granted, that did not make it into the final cut and is not considered canon, but the model WAS made with Romulan asthetics (particularly bird patterns) in mind.

Heck the ORIGINAL BOP was Romulan in the episode "Balance of Terror" (TOS). That ship latter made a reappearance in "The Deadly Years" (TOS). When they remastered the Original Series episdoe "THe Enterprise Incident" (TOS) in HD, they digitally replaced one of the D7 Battlecruisers with a Vas Hathem BOP. The only reason that ship was NOT in the original version was that the model was destoryed, possibly in a studio/warehouse fire.

But back to the issue at hand, I would LOVE to see some of the STO original BOP and Raptor designs be given a Romulan make-over and added to the Republic.

Lol wouldn't doubt those sneaky Klingons didn't steal ship designs and names from the romulans at some point in time.
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• Options
    kapla1755kapla1755 Member Posts: 1,249
    edited October 2013
    Don't fret I'm sure we will get more more warbirds for the RRW , and 4-5 FED ships before the almost 4year old KDF faction sees another ship. :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Lol wouldn't doubt those sneaky Klingons didn't steal ship designs and names from the romulans at some point in time.

That is how the Klingons got cloaking devices, or so I'm told.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    dknight0001dknight0001 Member Posts: 1,542
    edited October 2013
    Actually it was a trade, Klingons got Cloaking Technology Romulans got a shipment of D7 Cruisers.
    I was once DKnight1000, apparently I had taken my own name so now I'm DKnight0001. :confused:
    If I ask you a question it is not an insult but a genuine attempt to understand why.
    When I insult you I won't be discreet about it, I will be precise and to the point stupid.
  • Options
    tabzentabzen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Is this a sneaky way for a defiant style ship with rom tech to be made just so feds can get an inbuilt cloaking device with a 5/3 weapon payout ?

Cause if you know such a ship existed the feds would demand that ship be given to only them.
  • Options
    talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I'd love to see more ships for the romulans. Because the ship types jump atleast 3 times while leveling up to rear admiral.

There are not 3 set styles for each specialty track which is annoying. Ended up having to bust out a lot of dilithium from other characters for my romulan tactical officer when there were no tactical ships to use.

Yeah totally agree KDF and romulans need a revamp.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    I was thinking back and I know where STO[if they could negotiate it] could get a few Romulan classes for this game.

If anybody ever played Star Trek, Starfleet Command 3, there were actually a few classes of romulan war birds that could be played.

Talon, Falcon, Shrike, Hawk and Raptor classes.

http://gaming.trekcore.com/starfleetcommand3/ships.html

If you go here and go about 1/3-1/2 of the way down you'll get visuals and info on each ship. I think these could be solid add-ons to the Romulan ship fleet.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • Options
    davidwforddavidwford Member Posts: 1,836 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    talonxv wrote: »
    I was thinking back and I know where STO[if they could negotiate it] could get a few Romulan classes for this game.

If anybody ever played Star Trek, Starfleet Command 3, there were actually a few classes of romulan war birds that could be played.

Talon, Falcon, Shrike, Hawk and Raptor classes.

http://gaming.trekcore.com/starfleetcommand3/ships.html

If you go here and go about 1/3-1/2 of the way down you'll get visuals and info on each ship. I think these could be solid add-ons to the Romulan ship fleet.

There are several from that game, and from Star Trek: Armada that would be fantastic additions to this game. Unfortunatly, Cryptic/Perfect World does not want to negotiate the use of those designs. Some BS about licencing and copyrights and that legalistic garbage.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    davidwford wrote: »
    There are several from that game, and from Star Trek: Armada that would be fantastic additions to this game. Unfortunatly, Cryptic/Perfect World does not want to negotiate the use of those designs. Some BS about licencing and copyrights and that legalistic garbage.

And that's why I put in the proviso "if they could negotiate it." But alas probably not going to happen, guy can dream right?
    afMSv4g.jpg

• Options
    misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    talonxv wrote: »
    And that's why I put in the proviso "if they could negotiate it." But alas probably not going to happen, guy can dream right?

You can dream with the rest of us.
    Never forget to seperate what the other says in terms of what is from what he actually wants himself.:)
  • Options
    roguedemon3566roguedemon3566 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Time to revive my thread :wink:

A suggestion of Tier 2 Cruiser is the V7 Aye Mosaram-class, could also work as a Tier 3 battle cruiser with 4 fore and 2 aft weapon slots.

latest?cb=20061217120946
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    dude its 2yrs dead and necromancy is bad >.<

• Options
    jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    Zombies.
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

This discussion has been closed.