test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Differentiate weapon types more plz

tinkerbelchtinkerbelch Member Posts: 138 Arc User
I really want weapon types to be more different. The 2.5% chance to do various procs could be replaced or improved upon.

Examples:

* Phasers - high chance to disable subsystems if target shields are down.

* Tetryons do 150% damage to shields and 50% damage to hull. (make torpedoes much more useful)

* Anti-proton - Higher crit severity with decreasing hull of target

* disruptors - like them just the way they are

* Polaron - boost proc when using attack patterns or subsystem targeting abilities

Just my ramblings.
what do you think?
Post edited by tinkerbelch on

Comments

• Options
    eulifdaviseulifdavis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    It's an interesting idea. I'm not sure how balanced it would be, particular your phaser proposal, but it is interesting nonetheless.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    stofskstofsk Member Posts: 1,744 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I think it would be a cool idea if we could increase the proc chance for various weapons. As it stands, the most we can currently do is increase the magnitude of the proc, rather than whether or not it procs at all (i.e. maxing flow caps to improve polaron's drain proc, but nothing can make it proc higher than that 2.5% chance).
  • Options
    shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Even worse is the non-stackable phaser procs. I mean cmon' really 1 proc for 5 secs and than they get a 10 sec immunity. :mad:
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• Options
    gstamo01gstamo01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The only two weapon types needing adjusted are the Tetryon and the Phaser.

Tetryon give ZERO benefit once a shield facing is down, which takes less than three seconds without AND special proc by ANY other energy weapon. My advice would be to remove the shield stripping proc and replace it with a negative perception proc.

Phaser is almost as worthless. The proc is a joke @ 5secs with a 10sec lockout for everyone. My advice would just be to raise the proc chance from 2.5% to 5%.
    You know Cryptic has Jumped the Proverbial Shark when they introduced Tractor Pulling to Star Trek Online! :D
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    gstamo01 wrote: »
    The only two weapon types needing adjusted are the Tetryon and the Phaser.

Tetryon give ZERO benefit once a shield facing is down, which takes less than three seconds without AND special proc by ANY other energy weapon. My advice would be to remove the shield stripping proc and replace it with a negative perception proc.

Phaser is almost as worthless. The proc is a joke @ 5secs with a 10sec lockout for everyone. My advice would just be to raise the proc chance from 2.5% to 5%.

Or simply eliminate the 10sec. immunity and let the weapon do what it was designed to do. :mad:

• Options
    edited October 2013
    Or simply eliminate the 10sec. immunity and let the weapon do what it was designed to do. :mad:

Raising it to 5% pretty much ensures that a group using phasers will disable the target for 5secs every 10secs. Asking for the removal of the immunity would mean you would have to lower the proc rate, not raise it.

Without the immunity, the proc rate would have to be 1% to avoid being over powered... A group for five using phasers would keep any target offline indefinitely without the immunity and at 2.5%
    You know Cryptic has Jumped the Proverbial Shark when they introduced Tractor Pulling to Star Trek Online! :D
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Raising it to 5% pretty much ensures that a group using phasers will disable the target for 5secs every 10secs. Asking for the removal of the immunity would mean you would have to lower the proc rate, not raise it.

Without the immunity, the proc rate would have to be 1% to avoid being over powered... A group for five using phasers would keep any target offline indefinitely without the immunity and at 2.5%

I didn't say raise it I said get rid of the 10sec immunity. And as for a full group using them at 2.5% each the same could be for the opposing team. At 2.5% with no way to determine what subsystem it knocks out is so low of percentage that even if multiple procs did occur they could all simply affect the same subsystem causing it to refresh the 5 secs of offline. My proposal is that if any weapon with a timed effect multi procs the timer should refresh, however a phaser if it does in fact affect a different subsystem it would only be affected for the 5 secs. This is in no way OP anymore than a disruptor with a -10 dmg resistance for 15secs. multi-proc allowing for the 15secs. to refresh over and over, and if enough procs accure than it can be an almost unlimited -10dmg reduction for the affected.

• Options
    edited October 2013
    Pretty sure that phasers don't proc like that. There is the roll for the proc, and a second roll if true that determines subsystem. You could just omit the second roll, instead refreshing a currently active phaser proc.

I think you'd be surprised just how often 2.5% goes off with a 6 to 8 weapon ship. Multiply that by five and you have non stop procing. That was why they put in the immunity in the first place.

So again, if you want the immunity removed, you need to lower the proc rate.
  • Options
    marshalericdavidmarshalericdavid Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Would be cool if their was different kinds of procs for the same weapon for example

Phaser Type I MK XII 2.5% chance to disable one random system for 5 seconds
    Phaser Type II MK XII 2.5% chance to disable weapons system for 5 seconds
    Phaser Type III MK XII 2.5% chance to disable shields system for 5 seconds
    Phaser Type IV MK XII 2.5% chance to disable engines system for 5 seconds
    Phaser Type V MK XII 2.5% chance to disable auxiliary system for 5 seconds
    Phaser Type VI MK XII 2.5% chance to disable bridge officer stations for 5 seconds
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Pretty sure that phasers don't proc like that. There is the roll for the proc, and a second roll if true that determines subsystem. You could just omit the second roll, instead refreshing a currently active phaser proc.

I think you'd be surprised just how often 2.5% goes off with a 6 to 8 weapon ship. Multiply that by five and you have non stop procing. That was why they put in the immunity in the first place.

So again, if you want the immunity removed, you need to lower the proc rate.

No you need not lower it, because the odds of a complete team using all the same weapons is slim to none. Unless you put together a team and specifically outfit everyone with the same energy type, than odds are it would be a mix of 2 or more in an average team. And I have sat and watched how often my own weapons proc even when using multi fire capabilities and it's not often enough.

• Options
    fraghul2000fraghul2000 Member Posts: 1,590 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I really want weapon types to be more different. The 2.5% chance to do various procs could be replaced or improved upon.

Examples:

* Phasers - high chance to disable subsystems if target shields are down.

* Tetryons do 150% damage to shields and 50% damage to hull. (make torpedoes much more useful)

* Anti-proton - Higher crit severity with decreasing hull of target

* disruptors - like them just the way they are

* Polaron - boost proc when using attack patterns or subsystem targeting abilities

Just my ramblings.
    what do you think?

I'm a bit divided on the issue.

For one, I'd love to see different weapon types have more of an impact than they do now. Currently, the choice of weapons has close to zero impact on how well your ship performs in PVE. Proc rates are too low, asis the strength of the proc effect.

On the other hand, if it doesn't matter at all if you choose one weapon type over the other, you can build your ship how you think it looks right. People won't get yelled at if they use Phaser instead of Disruptors or AP in STFs. I'd be bummed if I'd have to use purple beams on my Fed ships, just to stay competative, or even worse, keep 3 sets of weapons in my inventory to be able to switch according to which event I want to play...