test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What are you EXCITED about for Season 8?

startrek1234567startrek1234567 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
Ok, instead of starting the millionth thread complaining about the Voth, why don't we post why were EXCITED(omg what is this horrible word "excited") about season 8.

Im excited for the Sphere. looks really cool so far and from the dev post and screenshots it seems like its going to be different from the previous adventure zones. Im really excited to get on in the coming weeks to check it out with friends.

Now onto the part which people have been crying about for weeks. The Voth!!!!
Right now im really liking the voth characters look and the ships, im really excited to fight these ships to see how easy/hard they are to destroy..watch out voth my defiant is coming for you...

The reputation system, this is another thing people love to cry about(aka i dont want to do it.I feel like im being forced to do it. It's another grind I have to go through.)

Im actually kinda excited for this reputation line and if I end up not liking it I will just not do it.
But im really curious about what the rep rewards will be, hopefully some dino gear and mechs.

Fleet Holding? i think there will be one but not sure. Anyway what I have heard about them is that they will have fleet tactical consoles, which i have been waiting for, for awhile. I dont play PVP in this game so I cant really say anything on how these will affect the PVP stuff. But in PVE im excited to use them...

Oh and the new fed tutorial too once its mostly bug free, has improved last tribble patch but still needs some work. But overall im excited to play it once it is bug free.

Thats really all for me, but I want to hear what aspects of season 8 you will be most excited for.

Please don't:
-Complain about S8, this thread is suppose to be what were excited about for it.
-Flame and Insult each other...again this is suppose the be a thread why were excited for S8 not a chance to take your anger about it out on other forum goers
Post edited by startrek1234567 on

Comments

• rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,521 Community Moderator
    edited October 2013
    New kits. Gonna get me an upgrade on my Physicist kit. ^^
    And of course new content in general. Shooting the Borg does get old after a while, especially when you got a MACO set already. The Voth will be a nice change of pace.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    A new season...
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • solidneutroniumsolidneutronium Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Dinosaurs with lasorz on their heads!
    Professional Slider Since 2409

Officially Nerfed In Early 2410
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Rep Sponsorship is my big thing in S8. Finally, it won't take nearly as long to get all my alts to T5 reputation.

The Alien carrier that keeps getting mentioned is also something that has my interest piqued.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Dinosaurs with lasorz on their heads!
    Yes, new enemies that are fun to dismember with my Nanopulse Bat'leth. :D
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • kriskniveskrisknives Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I'm excited for a ship based zone as ground stuff gets old very fast, particularly when you can only bring one crew member with you. I am grinding as fast as I can now to get an awesome ship before the next season comes out where as before I couldn't really be bothered.
  • shaanithegreenshaanithegreen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    As much as DINOSAUR HUNTING appeals to me, getting my characters rep maxed out quicker is more exciting.
  • hasukurobihasukurobi Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Cruiser Commands for all Cruisers... Maybe the new free Carrier. That is about it for me.
  • altechachanaltechachan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    hasukurobi wrote: »
    Cruiser Commands for all Cruisers

This. Very much this.
    Member since November 2009... I think.
    (UFP) Ragnar
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,446 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    While the Voth sound interesting, and it'll be fun to pick apart the science behind the Dyson Shell (I really kind of wish they'd gone with a Ringworld-type structure, but the shell could be fun), what I'm really looking forward to is a revamp of the Fed tutorial. I really hope it takes a lot of cues from the Rom and Klink tutorials.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Getting back to story stuff. My favorite storyline in this game is The 2800 just for the amount of personality it brings to things. Really hoping for that more than any mechanic.
  • mosul33mosul33 Member Posts: 836 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Nice thread :)

Since I am a fan of ground combat, I am excited about all the new ground stuff, preatty much everything like the new spire kits, new enemies and a brand new ground set, wich from some sneak pics and bits it will look totally awesome.

On the kits i am really happy that my favorite tac kit squad leader gets a buff, but that doesnt mean my rom sci toon wont be happy with the spire psysicist kit and my engie with the spire enemy neutralization one.
  • fraghul2000fraghul2000 Member Posts: 1,590 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Currently those are the things that sound interesting to me:

- Cruiser commands for all cruisers
    - the FE leading into season 8
    - the rep boost system for alts
    - the anti-afk-leecher system, IF it's well thought through and implemented.

Other than that, nothing much. My ships are pretty much finished and I don't like STOs ground combat system, so except for the new passives, there doesn't seem to be anything for me to gain from either the new holding or the reputation system.

There isn't anything I'm truely "exited" about, though.
  • drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    edited October 2013
    I'm excited about getting Voth to play with the Foundry! Branflakes told me the plan is to put Voth NPC groups in, but he couldn't say when (and fair warning, plans change).
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Pretty much all of it.

The Dyson sphere sounds like a lot of fun.

There is meant to be some massive planet sized Voth ship that you fly around inside. Awesome.

The rep system is easier, more rewarding, and has a sweet looking armour to it.

The ground battlezone was a lot of fun on tribble. probably the most fun ive had on the ground since the game began, and the Voth where really nicely animated and cool to fight.

And the end story is progressing on, mostly in the FE which is admittedly pre season 8 but its much the same thing.
  • aurigas7aurigas7 Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I'm looking forward to cruiser commands and the new FE. But I wouldn't call that excitement.
    Vorcha_forward.jpg
  • quazar1492quazar1492 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I think the Dyson Sphere itself sounds pretty cool. I'm very excited about the new rep system, its sounds like a big improvement. I'm actually very excited about dinos with lasers, that T-Rex looks seriously cool. A new featured episode is also very neat, I really wish they would do more of those.
  • cmdrscarletcmdrscarlet Member Posts: 5,137 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Stopping (or speedbumping) AFKers if that's in the Season.
  • tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited October 2013
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
    edited October 2013
    tacofangs wrote: »
    Shiny.... :D WANT!
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • atatassaultatatassault Member Posts: 1,008 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    So there are 21 points, but you only collect Marks and Dilithium for the ones you are directly at? Seems like that could be a little wonky.
    edited October 2013
    So there are 21 points, but you only collect Marks and Dilithium for the ones you are directly at? Seems like that could be a little wonky.
    "directly" is a bit of a stretch. You collect for each one you personally helped capture.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • atatassaultatatassault Member Posts: 1,008 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    "directly" is a bit of a stretch. You collect for each one you personally helped capture.
    Exactly; I feel like it could be a bit wonky. Like a large team of griefers solo capturing points to deny others rewards. Or a "leecher" who pops into half or more of the points, kill one thing, and get credit for "help".
  • futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I'm very excited about [REDACTED]!
  • amosov78amosov78 Member Posts: 1,495 Arc User
    edited October 2013

If you're gonna have beam battles. Though I've got to wonder; why don't the Voth use mechanised Pteranodons?
    U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-71895 - Nebula-class
    Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
    Dedication Plaque: "Nil Intentatum Reliquit"
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The last time I was excited for a season update, I was left disappointed.

Same thing Season 7 and 6. What disappointed me the most was how sloppy each release was, and it took Cryptic the entire time frame of that season to polish things out. And just when things seem to be on track, we get another update that manages to break everything again. And each season update seems to introduce issues that never get resolved, or gets resolved a year or so later.

While I look forward to new updates, I can't say that Cryptic will ever excite me about seasonal updates again until they can figure out a way to do it that doesn't break the entire game or looks like a sloppy half-finished mess.
  • gerwalk0769gerwalk0769 Member Posts: 1,095 Arc User
    edited October 2013

If this was the case and appeared in game, I'd run around my neighborhood fanboy "Squeeing" until I wore out my running shorts and shoes or was arrested on older sundown laws...

or was silenced by a T-Gek with lasers on it's head.

To answer the question: New sets, weapons, and more space combat.
    Joined STO in September 2010.
  • herbiehdykemanherbiehdykeman Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Believe it or not, I'm looking forward to the updated tutorial, In fact I just got two more alt slots so that I can try it out once it goes live
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2013
    Exactly; I feel like it could be a bit wonky. Like a large team of griefers solo capturing points to deny others rewards. Or a "leecher" who pops into half or more of the points, kill one thing, and get credit for "help".
    Solo capturing points? I wouldn't call someone who does that a griefer, I would call them a demigod. :D Yes, I've tried, and.... yeah, good luck with that. :D
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • mirai222mirai222 Member Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I haven't really seen anything I'm interested in yet.

The new Federation tutorial is a bit of a disappointment. There are so many precise steps you have to take that it's a bug magnet. It's nice to pick up a purple BOff right away, though.

I'm sure there will be many players who love the battlezone, if the devs can get it working properly. I'm not wild about the objectives. Lots of running around hoping I'm doing something vaguely useful.

I have no interest in another reputation system to throw many resources at for questionable rewards.

I don't do five-man queue events .

Maybe the Dyson Sphere will have something interesting and useful down the road. If it's another cooperative zone, well, I might stop in once or twice to check out the pretty scenery.