test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Key Binding

I had to uninstall/reinstall STO today, due to a corrupt texture mapping error within the game that CTD'd me whenever I used one of my characters.

I found out that I now have to have this Steam wannabe called Arc installed to run STO...which didn't make me happy. So, after installing Arc and getting STO reinstalled, I then went into the game to see if that fixed my corrupt texture mapping problem...which, it did. However, a new problem's now arisen.

It seems that STO is now binding ALL keys so they cannot provide input to anything outside of the game. I have a game controller that has mapping for the different buttons and I use Ventrilo as my online comms program, so I can talk to my friends and Fleet members. Well now, I can't even use that program since there's NO key input going to anything outside STO once it's running.

I opened Notepad and left it running...to see if any characters were being transmitted outside of the game....none at all.

Utterly ridiculous is all I can say. First, I've got to install something that uses approximately 81K in memory just to run a game I subscribe to that ran fine WITHOUT IT before this texture problem and now I can't even use anything OUTSIDE of the game due to a character binding problem.
Post edited by gmokmoud on

Comments

• f8explorer#7814 f8explorer Member Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I'm having a similar problem with my controller.

Anyone know a work around?
    Joint Forces Commander ... / ... proud member of ... boq botlhra'ghom / AllianceCenCom!
    " We stand TOGETHER and fight with HONOR!"

U.S.S. Maelstrom, NCC-71417 (Constitution III-class/flagship) --- Fleet Admiral Hauk' --|-- Dahar Master Hauk --- I.K.S. qu'In 'an bortaS (D7-class / flagship)
  • johnny111971johnny111971 Member Posts: 1,300 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I run Arc currently... and do not see this problem... I have a two page keybind file, and everything in sto stays in sto.

Star Trek Online, Now with out the Trek....